DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Web Comic

+29
JusticeBorn
Terra
Rain
Rinisa
Starfire_02
Eve
FloatingMagikarp
trainergreen
Forza3yeah
Rachel1466
~Angel~
archiesangel
Laughing_Man
Cylor
EllaMila1
Riaaanna
Vandal
j1e3s5
PJA1692
AddyBaby
redeagle321
ravenfan
thewizardofodd12
Sierra
Naked Snake
Raevien
Blitzkrieg
Thecrazykid3649
TheDeceiverGod
33 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Teen Titans Web Comic - Page 14 Empty Re: Teen Titans Web Comic

Post by Riaaanna 3/6/2010, 11:35 pm

So it's a yes. What a Face cool! XD
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Laughing_Man 3/7/2010, 1:05 pm

I've just sent the last In-Depths I had to do. After they've been editted I only have to write the scripts for three episodes and then my parts done :D

FEEL THE POWER OF PROGRESS
Laughing_Man
Laughing_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel 3/7/2010, 3:19 pm

If ya'll are still looking for someone... I still would like to be involved in some way
archiesangel
archiesangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 3/7/2010, 3:26 pm

Check out the DA! I submitted a single full panel LM, tell me if its what you had in mind! Wink
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laughing_Man 3/7/2010, 3:36 pm

Mercy wrote:Check out the DA! I submitted a single full panel LM, tell me if its what you had in mind! Wink

Awesome! I especially love the poofy chef hat.

That's not a joke, I actually want one of those hats now.

And I moved it to the 'Line Art' category, is that O.k? XD
Laughing_Man
Laughing_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 3/7/2010, 3:47 pm

Oh yeah no problem at all! You can do what you want with it. Glad you like it! Though I might need to draw backgrounds soon.. That or we could get a background artist to avoid more complexity...
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laughing_Man 3/7/2010, 4:55 pm

Mercy wrote:Oh yeah no problem at all! You can do what you want with it. Glad you like it! Though I might need to draw backgrounds soon.. That or we could get a background artist to avoid more complexity...

You're the lead artists, it's your call.
Laughing_Man
Laughing_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 3/7/2010, 6:13 pm

O_O
So... Anything to edit yet? I'm excited. What a Face
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Laughing_Man 3/7/2010, 6:40 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:O_O
So... Anything to edit yet? I'm excited. What a Face

Eum... I should have something for you tommorow. Maybe the day after. But it'll be a whole new fresh script to repair! :D
Laughing_Man
Laughing_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 3/8/2010, 12:14 am

Can anyone send me a description of what they want the cover page to look like? Or can I have some liberty to that?
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 3/8/2010, 1:07 am

Liberty is all yours as far as I can tell.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 3/8/2010, 3:50 am

>.> tomorrow there is today here. Well, tonight, technically. XD
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Teen Titans Web Comic - Page 14 Empty First of Many

Post by TheDeceiverGod 3/9/2010, 3:05 am

So until we find ourselves some reliable colorist, among others, I've elected to cover for the missing parties.

And on that note I'd like to hear you're opinions before anything goes onto the DA Page.

Teen Titans Web Comic - Page 14 Starfi10

What do you think? Freshly colored, even don't have the background yet.

PS: keep in mind that once it's put into pages the images is going to be tones smaller so all those little imperfections will be forgotten, but anything that breaks up 'the flow' of the image will be all the more irritating. People want to see shapes, we just show them how.

Last edited by TheDeceiverGod on 3/9/2010, 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post Script)
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 3/9/2010, 7:25 am

O_O
That's awesomness, buddy! :D
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 3/9/2010, 12:25 pm

Wow, uhhh well for some reason I actually really like the shading lines I tend to do. I think it adds to it, makes it look more like it was done by hand. The shading on the right side of her face isn't really needed because she's facing the sun, though the shading on the left side hit the nail on the head. Granted you had no background to work with so that's only a reasonable.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 3/9/2010, 12:59 pm

Well there's nothing to say we can't keep the shading lines. I happen to like them a bit myself, but I do think they should perhaps be kept sparse like above. If they get too tight they sort of just black out the whole shadow. I'll have an example of what I'm talking about once I get back to my home computer. (at school atm)

But it is a nice little subtle way to imply shadows. And speaking of shadows, the main reason I put them on the right & the left is because regardless of where the light is coming from, unless someone is completely lit up by a scene there's to be shadows on the far side of her face, which could be wrapping around. I find that adding a hint of shadow to the Light-Facing-Side tends to make the object just look much more round and soft, and well, I happen to a big fan of soft Razz But I can play around with it, and now that I know what direction the light is coming from I can adjust the highlights accordingly.

Would it be possible to somehow include light source reference in the sketch images? Not anything that would be like, Inked, but like a little penciled in light bulb or sun marking the location of the light source, maybe even a number inside the symbol stating the intensity of the source?

That way we could do scenes that have multiple light sources with varied intensity without everyone having to be actively communicating during production.

Don't get me wrong communication during production is big time mega importante, but realistically we can't expect everyone to be able to communicate 24/7 So now is when we should really start developing these little 'in-house' symbols and such so we communicate the final idea to one another, without actually having to talk to each other.

PS: Oh! Also, I didn't take these colors exactly from the Titans Character Sheets that I've been collecting around the net, I did use those as reference for the coloring, which is primarily what I was gathering them up for, but I am doing something more... I don't know what the exact word for it would be, but I like to think of it as a less-cartoonish way of dealing with the shadows and highlights. You all probably notice there on Starfire, the highlight on her hair is more like light is striking it along that path, and less like there's just a brighter color there, in addition her shadows don't have defined edges, AKA in the cartoon there was a harsh line between shadow neutral and highlight, I eliminated that because I think it's ugly and hard to keep straight.

I could try and use it though. Opinions?

Last edited by TheDeceiverGod on 3/9/2010, 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post Script)
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 3/9/2010, 1:09 pm

Ah, well maybe I could use arrows to show where all light sources are coming from. The bigger the arrow, the heavier the light.

Though I think that some of the shadows in the show has more contrast.

I can try to be more light on the lines I suppose now I look at the drawings I inked last night. I still can't get over how consistent and clean all the art was that you showed me -_-'

Still having proportion issues.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 3/9/2010, 1:21 pm

Proportion is hard, but you'll get it in time.
I myself happen to have gone and purchased a poster of The Vitruvian Man just so I can hang it on my wall and look at it when I have issues drawing some part of the human body.

I'm still working on Shadows & Highlights myself, I think I have it about down for highlighting on color, like there with Starfire's hair, but highlighting on black, like Robin's hair for example, is a whole other story.
I can pump the contrast of the shadows easily enough though. Razz

And I suspect that the pieces I showed you, (viewable to all http://teentitans.toonzone.net/index.php?content=backstage/production/index ) have probably been inked and I happen to know for a fact, because I can recognize the color in some of the shading, that they used a non-photo blue pencil. Which simply put is a colored pencil that when drawn with lightly, doesn't scan or get picked up by photography.

A long while back there was this whole big error where digital scanners & cameras and such couldn't pick up this one shade of blue, this was back when such technology was new. People of course picked up on this and began using this shade of blue for all sorts of sneaky thing, chief among these was that animators who knew their drawings would be fed into one of these digital imaging devices would pencil them out in this light non-photo blue, and then pencil over just the lines they liked and wanted to keep. This meant that while the lines the liked were picked up, the lines they didn't quiet simply weren't.

Skip forward a couple of generations in technology and we actually have the capacity for computers to pick up this color, but now the deliberately tell most scanners & such not to, so that the non-photo blue can be utilized for such things as mentioned before.

The color is ridiculously light, but you should be able to buy a non-photo blue pencil for about $3-$5 at any of your more respectable artist stores. I have two myself but only ever really use them for things I know I'm going to bring into the computer and color.

PS: A review of various non-photo blue pencils can be found Here

Post Post Script:

Look at what I found on Wikipedia!
List of Colors

This thing is awesome, particularly because it offers the hexadecimal codes for 90% of the colors. Most of you probably have no idea why I'm so excited? Well this means than when Mercy or someone mentions that they were thinking about using ____ color for something, as long as whomever pays attention to the name they used, and goes and picks it off this list, than me, or whomever is in charge of coloring, can use that Exact Color, for whatever Mercy or Laughing_Man was thinking about using it for.

Standardization! Bad for people, good for business.

Last edited by TheDeceiverGod on 3/9/2010, 1:53 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Post Post Script)
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 3/9/2010, 3:04 pm

Teen Titans Web Comic - Page 14 Robin_10

Here's the next colored image, I turned up the shadows, and I have to say I kind of like it myself. Plus turning them up like I did eliminates the left over shadow lines.

Also, steam would probably fall under the purvey of effects people. But I'm that too at the moment so Razz
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 3/10/2010, 5:54 pm

Check the DA page, I have uploaded colors.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 3/10/2010, 6:14 pm

How come I don't get to put in stuff in the DA page. XP I have the scripts, y'know. XD lol
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 3/10/2010, 6:44 pm

Laughing_Man was supposed to PM you the password, but scripts don't actually get to go up on the DA page. Don't want us to give away the ending now do we?

Though you could update the Journal or something, tell our story, you've been here longer that most (all?) of us, so I'd talk to Laughing_Man.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 3/10/2010, 6:54 pm

But there's a "text" section there, what's that for? O_o And okay. I'll be waiting. :3
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 3/10/2010, 6:54 pm

The pages that have had their 'text' added to them of course. Razz
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down