DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wet Blanketz Teim

+8
BigHazelEyes
Azrael
~Angel~
Riaaanna
Laughing_Man
archiesangel
Thecrazykid3649
Naked Snake
12 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Wet Blanketz Teim - Page 2 Empty Re: Wet Blanketz Teim

Post by Laughing_Man 9/5/2009, 12:03 pm

Dark~Angel~ wrote:
Laughing_Man wrote:
Dark~Angel~ wrote:crazy are you really leaving it's basically saying you were on the tt team but you quit I think we should still try saving tt maybe by turing it up a notch and getting more people to come.

'Turning it up a notch' will achieve nothing, the blog post made it quite clear that the Teen Titans AS series is over, dead, buried, kaput, gone. You could get as many people as you like but all you'll be doing it wasting time.

EDIT:

And this isn't just some other people on the street, this is a professional, someone who actually knows. To carry on now is just insane, and an exercise in futility.

If you think thier is no hope then why are here cause thier is still hope.

As has been mentioned earlier, just because the animated show is over and done doesn't mean this forum is useless. There are other things that can be done to 'continue' the show that don't require it to be on T.V. again.
Laughing_Man
Laughing_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/5/2009, 12:05 pm

Okay, I realize what you guys are saying. So, I wish to ask Snake, Azrael, the Professor, Laughing_Man, and all you people who thinks TT is practically dead; what is your suggestion for our project right now? Suggestions.
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Angel~ 9/5/2009, 12:07 pm

Azrael wrote:
Dark~Angel~ wrote:
Laughing_Man wrote:
Dark~Angel~ wrote:crazy are you really leaving it's basically saying you were on the tt team but you quit I think we should still try saving tt maybe by turing it up a notch and getting more people to come.

'Turning it up a notch' will achieve nothing, the blog post made it quite clear that the Teen Titans AS series is over, dead, buried, kaput, gone. You could get as many people as you like but all you'll be doing it wasting time.

EDIT:

And this isn't just some other people on the street, this is a professional, someone who actually knows. To carry on now is just insane, and an exercise in futility.

Err... not really. I'll be honest, there were movements forty to fifty times bigger than this place back when the show was still airing. It didn't get the job done then, when one can argue it was feasible to still "get the band back together". It's now three years later.

Hope is a funny thing. I can hope for world peace. I can hope someone will not die in a foreign land today. That doesn't mean my hope amounts to anything or will do anything.

I know it's been 3 yrs but that dosn't mean we can't get a 6 season atleast.
~Angel~
~Angel~

Back to top Go down

Post by Laughing_Man 9/5/2009, 12:08 pm

Well I've always been a fan of what those guy's did for firefly, they made a a whole seasons worth of Fanfictions based off unreleased scripts and other behind the scenes info they could get. And it was really high quality stuff.

Also there's fancomics, which considering TTGO continued for a while after the show ended, and the style is easy to replicate, would probably be a more fancy-pants idea.

EDIT: Dark, I'm sorry but that's exactly what it means.
Laughing_Man
Laughing_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 9/5/2009, 12:09 pm

I really like these ideas you guys are giving. :D I think we have to make a decsion about this soon..
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

https://www.youtube.com/thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/5/2009, 12:10 pm

Dark~Angel~ wrote:
Azrael wrote:
Dark~Angel~ wrote:
Laughing_Man wrote:

EDIT:

Err... not really. I'll be honest, there were movements forty to fifty times bigger than this place back when the show was still airing. It didn't get the job done then, when one can argue it was feasible to still "get the band back together". It's now three years later.

Hope is a funny thing. I can hope for world peace. I can hope someone will not die in a foreign land today. That doesn't mean my hope amounts to anything or will do anything.

er... Wait angel, let's hear them out first. They have a point, but I'm not quitting yet. But they have a point.
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/5/2009, 12:11 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:Okay, I realize what you guys are saying. So, I wish to ask Snake, Azrael, the Professor, Laughing_Man, and all you people who thinks TT is practically dead; what is your suggestion for our project right now? Suggestions.
My suggestion?

A renovation.

You guys don't need to bring back the show to celebrate it. I've seen a lot of different projects that have done some incredible things even with what they loved best bring long gone.

One of the best examples is a community of fans based around the game Earthbound. Known as "Mother" in Japan, the franchise has a pretty loyal following, but aside from Earthbound none have come over here to the states. Irregardless, they've done a lot of different fan creations and kept the spirit and their community alive through it.

There was one for Avatar as well, which I think someone mentioned; who, I'm not sure, as I didn't read all the posts before I jumped in. There's also an entire community out there based solely on fanfiction for an alternate universe of DC Comics.

Perhaps turn the forum and the project into a celebration of the show. Instead of focusing on letters and such, why not work on fanworks? I remember The Professor posted a thread in regards to webisodes or some such. Fan animated episodes. Perhaps fan comics. Fan fictions. You all have already been pouring your energy into episode ideas and such; in some ways you've been well on your way. Shifting focus to encourage that might actually do wonders.

It's not a terrible idea. If anything, it would be a better way to channel your love for the show. In some ways, it might even make for a better community.

Last edited by Azrael on 9/5/2009, 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Angel~ 9/5/2009, 12:12 pm

Laughing_Man wrote:Well I've always been a fan of what those guy's did for firefly, they made a a whole seasons worth of Fanfictions based off unreleased scripts and other behind the scenes info they could get. And it was really high quality stuff.

Also there's fancomics, which considering TTGO continued for a while after the show ended, and the style is easy to replicate, would probably be a more fancy-pants idea.

EDIT: Dark, I'm sorry but that's exactly what it means.

It is okay laugh.
~Angel~
~Angel~

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Angel~ 9/5/2009, 12:12 pm

[quote="Rianna Lauren"]
Dark~Angel~ wrote:
Azrael wrote:
Dark~Angel~ wrote:
Laughing_Man wrote:

EDIT:

If you think thier is no hope then why are here cause thier is still hope.[/quote
Err... not really. I'll be honest, there were movements forty to fifty times bigger than this place back when the

show was still airing. It didn't get the job done then, when one can argue it was feasible to still "get the band back together". It's now three years later.

er... Wait angel, let's hear them out first. They have a point, but I'm not quitting yet. But they have a point.

Okay rianna.

Last edited by Dark~Angel~ on 9/5/2009, 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
~Angel~
~Angel~

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Angel~ 9/5/2009, 12:14 pm

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:I really like these ideas you guys are giving. :D I think we have to make a decsion about this soon..

Anyway were is karp she could help us on this.
~Angel~
~Angel~

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/5/2009, 12:15 pm

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:I really like these ideas you guys are giving. :D I think we have to make a decsion about this soon..
well... There has been ideas with the point of "fans making their own TT". So they're not bringing the show back, let US bring the show back. Not a bad idea, but I'll still try to work on the main goal. On how we make the company bring the show back. I KNOW it's practically impossible, but I'll still try. I like the fan made TT idea thing.
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Laughing_Man 9/5/2009, 12:15 pm

You guy's have a whole forum for 'season 6' why not use that to as a jumping off point for ideas and such?
Laughing_Man
Laughing_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Angel~ 9/5/2009, 12:16 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:
well... There has been ideas with the point of "fans making their own TT". So they're not bringing the show back, let US bring the show back. Not a bad idea, but I'll still try to work on the main goal. On how we make the company bring the show back. I KNOW it's practically impossible, but I'll still try. I like the fan made TT idea thing.
Good idea.
~Angel~
~Angel~

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/5/2009, 12:18 pm

Dark~Angel~ wrote:

Well, it IS saturday. She should be online soon...
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Angel~ 9/5/2009, 12:19 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:
Dark~Angel~ wrote:

Well, it IS saturday. She should be online soon...

Mayby,maybe not she dosn't come on much i'm sure she is doing something.
~Angel~
~Angel~

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/5/2009, 12:22 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:
Showing your passion for the show in the ways I've described might actually turn out to be more effective. I mean, let's think about it; just about anyone can write a letter. If you read all of Paul Levitz blog, he states that one of the things that impressed him most about the people who wanted to keep the show based comic around was the energy and passion they put into it. They drew pictures, made fan works and did all sorts of things that made him take notice.

In a lot of ways making this a forum for fanworks and such like I described might actually be an even BETTER way to work on your original goal. Anyone can write a letter. But fan comics? Fanfictions? Drawings? That takes something special. That takes passion. It takes love. It takes true dedication.

That's what impresses people.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Angel~ 9/5/2009, 12:27 pm

Azrael wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
Showing your passion for the show in the ways I've described might actually turn out to be more effective. I mean, let's think about it; just about anyone can write a letter. If you read all of Paul Levitz blog, he states that one of the things that impressed him most about the people who wanted to keep the show based comic around was the energy and passion they put into it. They drew pictures, made fan works and did all sorts of things that made him take notice.

In a lot of ways making this a forum for fanworks and such like I described might actually be an even BETTER way to work on your original goal. Anyone can write a letter. But fan comics? Fanfictions? Drawings? That takes something special. That takes passion. It takes love. It takes true dedication.

That's what impresses people.

good saying Azreal.
~Angel~
~Angel~

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/5/2009, 12:28 pm

But... The very FIRST idea of this project is to send fanworks to the company, and nothing happens. Unless you're saying that we should do fanworks just for ourselves... Just for us to enjoy more Teen Titans... Made by ourselves...
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/5/2009, 12:30 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:But... The very FIRST idea of this project is to send fanworks to the company, and nothing happens. Unless you're saying that we should do fanworks just for ourselves... Just for us to enjoy more Teen Titans... Made by ourselves...
That's generally what I mean. Yes. But you said you personally wanted to still work on the goal the forum originally held, as in bringing the show back. I was merely trying to point out that what I described can also be an even more effective method of that.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Laughing_Man 9/5/2009, 12:30 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:But... The very FIRST idea of this project is to send fanworks to the company, and nothing happens. Unless you're saying that we should do fanworks just for ourselves... Just for us to enjoy more Teen Titans... Made by ourselves...

Is it impossible to enjoy something you make with friends?
Laughing_Man
Laughing_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/5/2009, 12:37 pm

Laughing_Man wrote:

Of course it's enjoyable! I like that idea.

I give support to this suggestion. Smile
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Laughing_Man 9/5/2009, 12:41 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:
Laughing_Man wrote:

Of course it's enjoyable! I like that idea.

I give support to this suggestion. Smile

And if you do it the way the TT episodes were made, there were a few episodes that concerned an over-arching plot, spread out throughout the season leading to a multi-part finale at the end, that would probably be written by multiple people, and individual episodes that stood on their own that each individual could do as their own. That way its not all something "you" made, and you can enjoy it as something that you had nothing to do with Smile
Laughing_Man
Laughing_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 9/5/2009, 12:46 pm

*prods everyone to go to the bottom thread* cast ur votes please :D
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

https://www.youtube.com/thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/5/2009, 12:49 pm

All this talk of fan projects reminds me of this one idea I had for a fanfic.

It was going to deal with drifters from Gotham City congregating in the Titans city. Azrael. Tommy Monaghan. Jason Todd. All brought to the city by disparate elements that tie together to a main threat. The Order of St. Dumas. It would involve Robin finally shedding the Robin role for Nightwing, a bit of Batman and Titans interaction with characters from Gotham.

I'm suddenly reminded that I never actually went anywhere with it.

So many idea's lost to the ether. Alas. The confines of my scattered brain are naught but a cruel place.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Laughing_Man 9/5/2009, 12:53 pm

Azrael wrote:All this talk of fan projects reminds me of this one idea I had for a fanfic.

It was going to deal with drifters from Gotham City congregating in the Titans city. Azrael. Tommy Monaghan. Jason Todd. All brought to the city by disparate elements that tie together to a main threat. The Order of St. Dumas. It would involve Robin finally shedding the Robin role for Nightwing, a bit of Batman and Titans interaction with characters from Gotham.

I'm suddenly reminded that I never actually went anywhere with it.

So many idea's lost to the ether. Alas. The confines of my scattered brain are naught but a cruel place.

If that were made into the context of a season six episode, would it need simplifying for those not familiar with the Batman mythos?
Laughing_Man
Laughing_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Disclaimer
Our DC Comics Fanbase community does not own any copywritten material owned by DC Comics Inc. All rights are reserved to the owners.