DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comics????

+4
Azrael
Vandal
FloatingMagikarp
thewizardofodd12
8 posters

Go down

Comics???? Empty Comics????

Post by thewizardofodd12 10/4/2009, 12:08 pm

Do u read comics? I do. My faves are X-Men and Batman. Wat are urs?
thewizardofodd12
thewizardofodd12

Back to top Go down

Comics???? Empty Re: Comics????

Post by FloatingMagikarp 10/4/2009, 1:09 pm

well, only comics i've ever really read were the Tiny Titian series (bought the whole series
at the Comic Con last year), the Titans Go! series, and a few issues of the original TT comics from the Comic Con as well. wish i could have found out more about comics when i was little though because they're
just so awesome. catching up now would probably be a little too late since the amount of info.
on all those DC characters is HUGE >.<

lol, but at least that's what my DC Comics Encyclopedia is for :D Razz

other than that, i read tons of manga ._.
Top Favorites:
Megaman NT Warrior
Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles
xxxHolic
Rurouni Kenshin
Blood+
FloatingMagikarp
FloatingMagikarp

Location : right here on the forums. and over there on youtube. dropping by on deviantart. *yawn* time for bed~

https://www.youtube.com/user/FloatingMagikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by thewizardofodd12 10/4/2009, 1:28 pm

FloatingMagikarp wrote:well, only comics i've ever really read were the Tiny Titian series (bought the whole series
at the Comic Con last year), the Titans Go! series, and a few issues of the original TT comics from the Comic Con as well. wish i could have found out more about comics when i was little though because they're
just so awesome. catching up now would probably be a little too late since the amount of info.

Top Favorites:
Megaman NT Warrior
xxxHolic
Rurouni Kenshin
Blood+

I like the kingdom hearts manga series.
thewizardofodd12
thewizardofodd12

Back to top Go down

Post by FloatingMagikarp 10/4/2009, 1:49 pm

thewizardofodd12 wrote:
FloatingMagikarp wrote:well, only comics i've ever really read were the Tiny Titian series (bought the whole series

Top Favorites:
Megaman NT Warrior
xxxHolic
Rurouni Kenshin
Blood+

I like the kingdom hearts manga series.
ah cool. i remember reading some of it Smile
i havent got a chance though to read the... 2nd version though...?
eh, the one where it starts off with roxas and sora and the "drowning
in the sea gracefully" together scene thingy if i got that correct >_> XD
FloatingMagikarp
FloatingMagikarp

Location : right here on the forums. and over there on youtube. dropping by on deviantart. *yawn* time for bed~

https://www.youtube.com/user/FloatingMagikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 10/4/2009, 2:54 pm

I was really into the Uncanny X-Men and Fullmetal Alchemist. Those interests died as soon as I started filmmaking. I read Calvin and Hobbes now.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thewizardofodd12 10/4/2009, 3:40 pm

Mercy wrote:I was really into the Uncanny X-Men and Fullmetal Alchemist. Those interests died as soon as I started filmmaking. I read Calvin and Hobbes now.
Have u made a movie?
thewizardofodd12
thewizardofodd12

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 10/4/2009, 4:02 pm

thewizardofodd12 wrote:
Mercy wrote:I was really into the Uncanny X-Men and Fullmetal Alchemist. Those interests died as soon as I started filmmaking. I read Calvin and Hobbes now.
Have u made a movie?

Yes I have quite a library of short films.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thewizardofodd12 10/4/2009, 5:04 pm

Mercy wrote:
thewizardofodd12 wrote:
Have u made a movie?

Yes I have quite a library of short films.
U have to show me sometime.
thewizardofodd12
thewizardofodd12

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 10/4/2009, 10:01 pm

I love comics. Love 'em. I love that the medium is a monthly dose of fantasy and superheroics while allowing room for so many other types of stories. You can see so much more with comics; the combination of art and prose can go so far.

I primarily read comics in trade paperbacks, which are bound volume collections of comics that can be purchased in just about any book store. They're usually set up near the manga section. Pretty easy to pick out. I'd probably be more of a single issue reader if it were possible; sadly, my nearest comic ship is a twenty minute to half an hour drive away. As you can tell, it's not really feasible in any sense of regularity. That's alright though; trades are neater and sit nicely on a book shelf.

One of my personal favorite comics of recent years has been Blue Beetle. Anyone watch Batman: The Brave and the Bold? Then you probably know Blue Beetle. Well, his comics that inspired the cartoon character are fantastic. Volume 1 - Shellshocked - starts off a little rough but picks up by the end. But from the second volume on - the second being Road Trip - it's a fun ride that gives us a fantastic character with his own supporting cast, town and slowly building history. It's been a treat to read this great character; I'm glad to hear he's only grown in popularity since becoming a recurring character in Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

I have an unhealthy love of all things Batman - something easy to glean from my username and avatar being that of a recurring Batman character - and most of my comics fall under the Batman moniker. What else can I say about it? I'm loving Grant Morrisons run with the character quite a bit too, starting with Batman & Son. I'm even surprisingly alright with Dick being Batman right now; I was pissed when Bruce Wayne was taken off the board. Still, I can't wait for Bruce to return to the role.

Anything Garth Ennis writes is usually gold. Hitman is a great series finally seeing trade paperback releases. The highlight for me, however, has been his run on Punisher. The Punisher MAX series is basically the Punisher with no limits; you'll see guts, you'll see gore, you'll see beheadings and you're likely to see naked women. It's all fantastic and arguably the one true way to use the Punisher.

I'm also a huge fan of the Teen Titans comics. Geoff Johns run was great stuff. I wish DC would put more of Marv Wolfmans run in trade, however. That's the run that saw the creation of Raven, Cyborg and Starfire, not to mention Beast Boy being made into a viable, lovable character. It just doesn't get the love in trade form that it truly deserves.

I'll leave it at those for now.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by SylverBluTitan 10/5/2009, 1:05 pm

Comics?!?! Comics you say!?!

Well, I started off with the Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans, which is really funny because I hadn't planned on getting serious with comics. But I got sucked in... Az didn't help one bit either! >:O Actually, he helped a lot. XD Anyway, I'm still waiting to somehow continue reading those since my library only has two trades. -_- But I've moved up to buying Geoff John's run, which I am loving.

Next would be Batman. Who the heck doesn't love Batman? If you don't, you are heathen. Shun! Again this is funny because I was a Superman fan when I was younger. >o> Interesting turn of events. Pretty much anything Batman I will devour greedily. Respect, and fear, the Bat.

I've got the Superman Batman run on my list as one of my next reads. I've read the one about Supergirl, mostly becasue my best friend is now an avid Kara fan (I proudly say that I've sucked him in at least a little bit. Haha!). I'd like to read Public Enemies before the animated film comes out.

Also, Grant Morrison. What to say about Grant Morrison. While I've only read Batman and Son by him, I can tell that I will throughly enjoy pretty much anything he has written. The man is epic.

I'm still pretty new to comics, so I haven't a large amount in my belt. I haven't tested out anything Marvel yet, but one of these days I will. I'll propably always be a DC girl though.
SylverBluTitan
SylverBluTitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/5/2009, 6:59 pm

Teen Titans (original and show-based) and any DC comics that are great and EPIC. :D
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by RustleXer 4/30/2010, 7:29 am

The Watchmen and Umbrella Academy Smile
RustleXer
RustleXer

Back to top Go down

Post by *Ukane* 7/21/2011, 10:46 am

Teen Titans Go! scans that I've read online