DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pirates versus Ninjas

+10
SylverBluTitan
Bass_so_low
Negromancer
Cylor
~Angel~
Naked Snake
EllaMila1
Vandal
Riaaanna
RustleXer
14 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Pirates versus Ninjas - Page 2 Empty Re: Pirates versus Ninjas

Post by Cylor 10/23/2009, 7:31 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:you really love that picture huh?
It's useful for the times I'm struck completely speechless...which seems to happen unusually often here. Razz
Cylor
Cylor

http://sincronos.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/23/2009, 8:22 am

Cylor wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:you really love that picture huh?
It's useful for the times I'm struck completely speechless...which seems to happen unusually often here. Razz
Ah. The "speechless" emoticon. XD
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 10/23/2009, 1:15 pm

Cylor wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:Dude. Ninjas. Show me a cowboy that can beat that.
That reminds me...the fact that some people like to use the words "Metal Gear" and "realism" in the same sentence is something I will never understand.

Compared to a lot of games out there, Metal Gear can be quite realistic. Yeah, there's a lot of suspension of disbelief, fantasy and science fiction elements--I mean, nanomachines that can censor your speech and control your weapons? Psychic serial killers? Vulcan Raven lugging around a jet-mounted minigun? Cybernetic ninjas that would totally kick Edward Cullen's ass? Bipedal nuke-launching mecha that frickin' roar?!

But at the same time the historical backdrops, the context, the terminology used, even the weapons, they're all very well grounded in the real world--the first game and Metal Gear Solid 3 especially. MGS3 actually feels like the 60s and the Cold War, because the developers took pains to make sure it felt like that kind of immersive experience. And apparently, the first game's use of actual weapons (obscure though they may be) was a rarity in gaming at the time. I was actually quite impressed when I found out that the FAMAS was a real weapon.

On the flip side, however, you have sh*t like the camo system that just doesn't make sense. SO glad they fixed that in MGS4.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Negromancer 10/23/2009, 4:35 pm

Crusaders>all
Negromancer
Negromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bass_so_low 10/23/2009, 5:28 pm

Naked Snake wrote:
Cylor wrote:
That reminds me...the fact that some people like to use the words "Metal Gear" and "realism" in the same sentence is something I will never understand.

Compared to a lot of games out there, Metal Gear can be quite realistic. Yeah, there's a lot of suspension of disbelief, fantasy and science fiction elements--I mean, nanomachines that can censor your speech and control your weapons? Psychic serial killers? Vulcan Raven lugging around a jet-mounted minigun? Cybernetic ninjas that would totally kick Edward Cullen's ass? Bipedal nuke-launching mecha that frickin' roar?!

But at the same time the historical backdrops, the context, the terminology used, even the weapons, they're all very well grounded in the real world--the first game and Metal Gear Solid 3 especially. MGS3 actually feels like the 60s and the Cold War, because the developers took pains to make sure it felt like that kind of immersive experience. And apparently, the first game's use of actual weapons (obscure though they may be) was a rarity in gaming at the time. I was actually quite impressed when I found out that the FAMAS was a real weapon.

On the flip side, however, you have sh*t like the camo system that just doesn't make sense. SO glad they fixed that in MGS4.

id say MGS is realistic in a historic background sense.. but still i find a lot of things about the game VERY unrealistic. i would say that the issue i have with the MGS2 weapon that that ugly woman had (that laser canon crap..Japs... what can you expect...) and also i believe that the XM16 (inside of MGS3) was not issued out yet and the actual weapon was issued until America was fully involved in the vietnam war. also it had a "bird cage" flash hider at the tip instead of a 3-prong flash hider. Japs created the game. they're bound to make it unrealistic on purpose such as a hand-held Nuclear missile (in MGS3) and What the hell is with Liquid snake's soul being inside of Ocelot's left arm after he lost his arm?? does that make ANY sense? i love MGS but, i would never say its realistic. when i think realistic, i think Tom Clancy games.
Bass_so_low
Bass_so_low

Back to top Go down

Post by SylverBluTitan 10/23/2009, 6:14 pm

Batman.

Fools.
SylverBluTitan
SylverBluTitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/23/2009, 6:21 pm

When it comes to Metal Gear, Snake is the man to defend it. XD

And...

SylverBluTitan wrote:Batman.

Fools.

:lol!:
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by SylverBluTitan 10/23/2009, 6:58 pm

It's true.

Batman eats ninjas for breakfast.

http://bakanekonei.deviantart.com/art/batman-vs-ninjas-113695672

And pirates? Please. He deals with better theives than that.
SylverBluTitan
SylverBluTitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 10/23/2009, 7:12 pm

Fools.
A woman after my own heart.

Batman would simply say "I'm Batman" and the pirates and ninjas would explode. The power of those words in the hands of Batman... my goodness. After all, they were the words he spoke when he created the universe.

And thus, the Dark Knight did say "I'm Batman" and then there was light. And he saw that it was good.

He also used those words to part the Red Sea.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by SylverBluTitan 10/23/2009, 7:26 pm

Azrael wrote:

Fools.
A woman after my own heart.

Batman would simply say "I'm Batman" and the pirates and ninjas would explode. The power of those words in the hands of Batman... my goodness. After all, they were the words he spoke when he created the universe.

And thus, the Dark Knight did say "I'm Batman" and then there was light. And he saw that it was good.

He also used those words to part the Red Sea.
When one learns from the best, the light is shown for its goodness.

The Bat be praised.

Witness the power:

.....I'm Batman.

-A box of matches incinerates-

It is only a small amount, seeing as I certainly am not the Bat, and yet its power will express itself to those who can be trsuted.
SylverBluTitan
SylverBluTitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/23/2009, 8:40 pm

SylverBluTitan wrote:It's true.

Pirates are his lunch?
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 10/23/2009, 8:43 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:
SylverBluTitan wrote:It's true.

Pirates are his lunch?
Don't you get it? Don't you see? Don't you understand?

Batman is a pirate!

Pirates versus Ninjas - Page 2 PirateBatmanKicksAShark

Pirate Batman dropkicking a shark ladies and gentlemen.

The win, she be overflowin' th' ship!
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by SylverBluTitan 10/23/2009, 8:51 pm

So what does this mean?!

That pirates are better?!

Wait, of course not. Pirate Batman still eats other pirates for lunch, yes.

Dinner, on the other hand...
SylverBluTitan
SylverBluTitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 10/23/2009, 8:54 pm

Batman can be a ninja, a pirate and a cowboy.

All in all, I think it's pretty safe to say that no matter what you pit him up against, Batman comes out on top in terms of awesome.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by SylverBluTitan 10/23/2009, 9:04 pm

Batman can be a ninja, a pirate and a cowboy.
And all at once, if he wanted to.

Tis true, yes. So really, this arguement is now null.

XD
SylverBluTitan
SylverBluTitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/23/2009, 9:12 pm

Azrael wrote:Batman can be a ninja, a pirate and a cowboy.

All in all, I think it's pretty safe to say that no matter what you pit him up against, Batman comes out on top in terms of awesome.

Yesh. :D
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cylor 10/24/2009, 1:05 am

Bass_so_low wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:
Cylor wrote:

id say MGS is realistic in a historic background sense.. but still i find a lot of things about the game VERY unrealistic. i would say that the issue i have with the MGS2 weapon that that ugly woman had (that laser canon crap..Japs... what can you expect...) and also i believe that the XM16 (inside of MGS3) was not issued out yet and the actual weapon was issued until America was fully involved in the vietnam war. also it had a "bird cage" flash hider at the tip instead of a 3-prong flash hider. Japs created the game. they're bound to make it unrealistic on purpose such as a hand-held Nuclear missile (in MGS3) and What the hell is with Liquid snake's soul being inside of Ocelot's left arm after he lost his arm?? does that make ANY sense? i love MGS but, i would never say its realistic. when i think realistic, i think Tom Clancy games.
You're partially right, but the historical background laid out in the MGS series is actually the least factually accurate part of it -- which is what irritates me. The view of the Cold War presented in MGS3 (which, BTW, is my favorite installment of the series by far) is so wildly wrong on so many levels I hardly know where to begin. But the real problem with the whole series, from a factual standpoint, boils down to this: pretty much all of the technical, historical and other obscure trivia contained in the games is cut-and-paste Wikipedia entries filtered through the viewpoint of a juvenile conspiracy nut and an otaku. Combined with some truly ignorant and screwy ideas about battlefield tactics and combat in general.

I don't think it would bother me so much if the MGS series didn't try to dress up its fiction with real-world terms, technology and halfways-accurate historical demagoguery -- the result is that it blurs the line between fact and fiction for people who don't know any better.

My bottom line: Clancy >>>>>>>>>> Kojima.

Now, having said all that: ironically, Bass, the "Davey Crockett" hand-held nuke launcher shown in MGS3 is one thing that did actually exist, but it was abandoned as a weapon after the concept of nuclear fallout became understood...its limited range meant that whoever fired the thing would be well within the fallout zone. Furthermore, the M16 also did exist and was just beginning to see use in 1963, so its inclusion in MGS3 isn't necessarily unfeasible...the Hind attack choppers, however, were not developed and manufactured until the 1970s.
Cylor
Cylor

http://sincronos.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 10/24/2009, 1:37 pm

I've got to be honest, I think you take the historical inaccuracies too serious. It's not supposed to be a hundred percent accurate. It's a video game universe rooted in some historical events, but it's still a series where bee's can abduct a man, it can rain blood at any moment and the fourth wall may be broken at any point in time. At some point, you have to figure people are going to be old enough to realize the game is not rooted in a hundred percent fact.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 10/24/2009, 1:45 pm

That and MGS3 is meant to be a send-up of Bond films as much as it is an installment in the series, so some camp is to be expected. Generally though, I thought they played the Cold War angle very well. LOVED Ocelot being a contact for Brezhnif (or however the devil you spell it).

As for MGS2's "conspiracy theory," it'd be one thing if Kojima actually believed that the U.S. was run by a system of AIs set up by a British man. It might not necessarily be the most original plot twist, since theories about a secret government ruling the world have abounded for eons, but it worked excellently in context for the series and was payed off big time in MGS4.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/24/2009, 7:09 pm

From pirates and ninjas to Batman to Metal Gear. XD
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 10/24/2009, 7:11 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:From pirates and ninjas to Batman to Metal Gear. XD

You said it wrong.

It's "METAL GEEEEAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/24/2009, 7:18 pm

Naked Snake wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:From pirates and ninjas to Batman to Metal Gear. XD

You said it wrong.

It's "METAL GEEEEAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

Oh. My bad. Razz
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by SylverBluTitan 10/24/2009, 7:21 pm

Hmm....

AZ! Say I'm Batman and make the forum explode!

XD

-This thread explodes-

O_O

Well...I didn't know I had some of that power in me!
SylverBluTitan
SylverBluTitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 10/24/2009, 7:22 pm

SylverBluTitan wrote:Hmm....

XD

-This thread explodes-

O_O

Silly Sylver. When will you learn the power those words carry? You must be cautious with them.

I'm Batman. *thread reforms*
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/24/2009, 7:25 pm

Azrael wrote:
SylverBluTitan wrote:Hmm....

XD

-This thread explodes-

O_O

Silly Sylver. When will you learn the power those words carry? You must be cautious with them.

I'm Batman. *thread reforms*

Ah. The great power of Batman.
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next