DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random News

+46
Radiance
redeagle321
Quickfeather
Cylor
Xenophobic Sponge
Bass_so_low
TheDeceiverGod
miniloaf94
RustleXer
princess of darkness
zillyboy
Starfire_02
Music_Hero2779
Nightstar19
Faust
starfire1996
StaticJames
TheGoAsk
ChoMo
Vandal
quinceyleejonas
Laughing_Man
SylverBluTitan
archiesangel
Negromancer
Azrael
EllaMila1
~Angel~
makamook
0chocolachao0
Titans_Fan123
pentatitans5
Rachel1466
PJA1692
Sierra
ravenfan
StarxRob4ever
BeastBoysGirl93
Forza3yeah
Naked Snake
artemis 1223
Blitzkrieg
Riaaanna
Thecrazykid3649
thewizardofodd12
FloatingMagikarp
50 posters

Page 20 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 38  Next

Go down

Random News - Page 20 Empty Re: Random News

Post by Riaaanna 9/15/2009, 5:03 pm

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:Since the poll has ''mysteriously'' disappeared before it was due to be closed, do you guys want me to make it over again?

no need. I remember that 50% of the voters wants to do both. So yeah. Let's just do both. If you don't wanna do both, you can do whichever (from the two options) you like.
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 9/15/2009, 5:11 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:Since the poll has ''mysteriously'' disappeared before it was due to be closed, do you guys want me to make it over again?

no need. I remember that 50% of the voters wants to do both. So yeah. Let's just do both. If you don't wanna do both, you can do whichever (from the two options) you like.
Thats what i was thinking...
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

https://www.youtube.com/thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/15/2009, 8:22 pm

Comic fans and creators band together to chip in so struggling comic writing legend John Ostrander can get surgery he needs:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090914-Simone-Ostrander-Update.html

I can be bitter about comics fandom and just general fandoms in general, but dammit, every now and then they pull together and do something that restores a bit of my own faith in people.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/16/2009, 8:52 pm

Aww yeah!

First look at the next DC Universe animated DTV film and it looks like it'll be a doozy:

http://blog.newsarama.com/2009/09/15/another-crisis-is-coming/

It's a Justice League story; Crisis on Two Earths.

And it's written by former regular Justice League Unlimited writer Dwayne McDuffie.

Hell yeah!
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/16/2009, 9:12 pm

Azrael wrote:Aww yeah!

First look at the next DC Universe animated DTV film and it looks like it'll be a doozy:

And it's written by former regular Justice League Unlimited writer Dwayne McDuffie.

Hell yeah!

O.O
Oh. My. God.
Azrael, I owe you a lot for these awesome news :D
but... No Kevin Conroy for Batman... Sad
Well. At least McDuffie is writing it :D XD
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/16/2009, 9:29 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:

Hell yeah!

O.O
Oh. My. God.
I'm a bit disappointed Kevin Conroy is not voicing Batman - I grew up on him voicing the character and I almost always imagine his voice in my mind while I'm reading the comics - but I understand why they're doing it. They like to have different overall styles and such for each film. They seem to be using Kevin more often lately, so I'm not too sad; we'll probably see him on another DTV soon.

Also, yes; Dwayne McDuffie writing it is great news. Also, I noticed James Woods is on the voice crew. Which should be funny.

The even better news is that word going around is that WB and DC are very pleased with the successes of the DTV's. Bruce Timm reportedly told a fan that they've greenlit up to 7 (!) DTV's for the future. Which means we may yet see that Judas Contract DTV; I'm really hoping for that, because I was majorly bummed when it was put on hold.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/16/2009, 9:57 pm

Azrael wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:

Hell yeah!

O.O
Oh. My. God.
I'm a bit disappointed Kevin Conroy is not voicing Batman - I grew up on him voicing the character and I almost always imagine his voice in my mind while I'm reading the comics - but I understand why they're doing it. They like to have different overall styles and such for each film. They seem to be using Kevin more often lately, so I'm not too sad; we'll probably see him on another DTV soon.

Also, yes; Dwayne McDuffie writing it is great news. Also, I noticed James Woods is on the voice crew. Which should be funny.

The even better news is that word going around is that WB and DC are very pleased with the successes of the DTV's. Bruce Timm reportedly told a fan that they've greenlit up to 7 (!) DTV's for the future. Which means we may yet see that Judas Contract DTV; I'm really hoping for that, because I was majorly bummed when it was put on hold.

At least he came back as Batman in the game >_<
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/16/2009, 10:18 pm

Mercy wrote:
Azrael wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:

Hell yeah!

O.O
Oh. My. God.

He's also voicing Batman in the Superman and Batman team-up animated film releasing in the next month or so.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/17/2009, 4:54 am

Azrael wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Azrael wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:

Hell yeah!

O.O
Oh. My. God.

He's also voicing Batman in the Superman and Batman team-up animated film releasing in the next month or so.

Yeah... Arkham Aslyum and Public Enemies... And Judas Contract...
I never regret loving DC and WB. :D
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/17/2009, 5:00 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:
Azrael wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Azrael wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:

Hell yeah!

O.O
Oh. My. God.

Same.

Don't get me wrong, I like Marvel, but I've always been more of a DC man.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/17/2009, 5:34 am

Azrael wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
Azrael wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Azrael wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:

Hell yeah!

O.O
Oh. My. God.

Same.

*high fives*
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/17/2009, 5:35 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:
Azrael wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
Azrael wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Azrael wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:

Hell yeah!

O.O
Oh. My. God.

Same.

*high fives*
*high fives back*

Aww yeah, DC Comics!
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 9/17/2009, 6:41 pm

Jordan, a contestant on the reality show ''Big Brother'', won the game two days ago and became $500,000 richer! congrats, jodran! =)
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

https://www.youtube.com/thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/17/2009, 10:59 pm

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:Jordan, a contestant on the reality show ''Big Brother'', won the game two days ago and became $500,000 richer! congrats, jodran! =)

:lol!:
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Random News - Page 20 Empty REPLY BACK FROM WB. [LWB Event]

Post by FloatingMagikarp 9/17/2009, 11:01 pm

Ok so first thing's first before I start this conversation...
I'll be ending the LWB (Letters to Warner Brothers Event) early
since I just got a response back from them... However.... Do not get
your hopes up. They actually returned the letter to me, but I think someone read it.
After I received my envelope back, the top part was open, and merely taped in a neat
way, so someone must have read it. (Hopefully anyways.) And what more... Someone
wrote on top of WB's address and wrote "Teen Titans" crossed out with a yellow highlighter.
On top of the written "Teen Titans" it has these letters on top. "RTS".

Also, there's a red stamp on the bottom saying

Returned - Moved, No Forwarding Address
Or Not Listed At 4000 Warner Blvd.
RETURN TO SENDER

I'm no super experienced letter person, but I'm taking a guess that they didn't bother to look at
my letter...? If anyone knows exactly what this means, please tell me whether it's "good" or "bad",
I'm still curious.

Anyways, yeah, that's the condition my letter came back in and what do you know, they sent my
letter back along with my envelope. I'm guessing that they're just implying to leave them be and don't
bother them anymore. If that's what they really want, I'm fine with it, but what do you guys think
about this situation? The letter-being-returned situation that is.
FloatingMagikarp
FloatingMagikarp

Location : right here on the forums. and over there on youtube. dropping by on deviantart. *yawn* time for bed~

https://www.youtube.com/user/FloatingMagikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/17/2009, 11:05 pm

I suspect they didn't read it. Return to Sender is something written on something you don't want. Like, say, a book club sends you a bunch of books you don't want, you write Return to Sender on it and it goes back to them.

Same for letters.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/17/2009, 11:15 pm

FloatingMagikarp wrote:Ok so first thing's first before I start this conversation...
your hopes up. They actually returned the letter to me, but I think someone read it.
After I received my envelope back, the top part was open, and merely taped in a neat
way, so someone must have read it. (Hopefully anyways.) And what more... Someone
wrote on top of WB's address and wrote "Teen Titans" crossed out with a yellow highlighter.

RETURN TO SENDER

I'm no super experienced letter person, but I'm taking a guess that they didn't bother to look at
my letter...? If anyone knows exactly what this means, please tell me whether it's "good" or "bad",
I'm still curious.

Anyways, yeah, that's the condition my letter came back in and what do you know, they sent my
letter back along with my envelope. I'm guessing that they're just implying to leave them be and don't
bother them anymore. If that's what they really want, I'm fine with it, but what do you guys think

geez. those people are kinda... harsh. *sigh*

btw karp, get on the chat! rae and raven and I are there :D
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by FloatingMagikarp 9/17/2009, 11:17 pm

Azrael wrote:I suspect they didn't read it. Return to Sender is something written on something you don't want. Like, say, a book club sends you a bunch of books you don't want, you write Return to Sender on it and it goes back to them.

Same for letters.
I see...
Thanks Azrael, and so I guess our question has been answered.
It seems that they obviously don't want to bother with our company anymore
aside from some TT crew members on facebook giving us a friendly chat and what-not.
Well then... That settles it =o

[Too bad that I have to leave right now though. I'll log in again soon.]

P.S. Guys, please don't feel down about this. We've tried, and that's what really matters.
We were able to get back some re-runs and some DC cartoons thrown here and there
in February, so see that as our achievement, because for all I know, why would companies
randomly do that with "dead" shows for strangers like us?

Anyways, we always have a 2nd option open if you guys still want to be together.
Like TheDeceiverGod and Snake said, we can probably make one awesome fanbase
if all else doesn't work out the way we hoped for it to.

Let me know what you guys think.

-karp
FloatingMagikarp
FloatingMagikarp

Location : right here on the forums. and over there on youtube. dropping by on deviantart. *yawn* time for bed~

Back to top Go down

Post by FloatingMagikarp 9/17/2009, 11:20 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:
FloatingMagikarp wrote:Ok so first thing's first before I start this conversation...

RETURN TO SENDER

I'm still curious.

btw karp, get on the chat! rae and raven and I are there :D
yeah, they were pretty harsh. =/
not that i would expect anything less because i was ready for something
like that to happen anyways if it did, so i kept that in mind. too bad they didn't
read it though. i actually wrote in the letter that it would be the LAST letter i would
ever send them and that all we really wanted was a response back, no "Please bring the show
back for good" or anything of the sort.

well, at least we know their "response" though. they definitely don't want to bother with us
anymore. then again, they are one busy company, what can we expect? they probably
deal with the same thing from other TT fans that are in a separate "Save the TT Group"
aside from us.

anyways, lol, i'd love to get on chat, but sadly, i have to go =/
nice seeing you though rynna Smile and er, see you again lol o.o xD ^_^

Last edited by FloatingMagikarp on 9/17/2009, 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
FloatingMagikarp
FloatingMagikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/17/2009, 11:21 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:

RETURN TO SENDER

I'm still curious.

Depends on how you look at it, I guess. They might just be getting tired of dealing with stuff like this, you know? There have been people sending letters on and off for the past three or four years, so you have to figure at some point they get tired of saying the same things.

I wouldn't take it as anything personal.

Thanks Azrael, and so I guess our question has been answered.
Not a problem. I've had experience with this sort of thing before. I used to be signed up to this DVD club. They kept sending me things I didn't want. Eventually I just stopped even bothering to open the boxes and just "Return to Sendered" it.

I got so sick of it I haven't joined one of those clubs since.

Like TheDeceiverGod and Snake said, we can probably make one awesome fanbase
if all else doesn't work out the way we hoped for it to.
Hey, that was partly my plan too. XP
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by FloatingMagikarp 9/17/2009, 11:24 pm

Azrael wrote: Hey, that was partly my plan too. XP
lol, then kudos to you too Azrael XD ^^
FloatingMagikarp
FloatingMagikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by ChoMo 9/18/2009, 7:49 pm

Sad
I can't believe they would send it back.... *sigh..*
But regardless, I refuse to lose hope.
ChoMo
ChoMo

https://www.youtube.com/user/missa567

Back to top Go down

Random News - Page 20 Empty GLEEEE!!!! ^u^

Post by Vandal 9/19/2009, 12:06 am

The Twilight Zone is gone!! Ever so HAPPEEE!!!

I feel so pretty! Oh so pretty and witty and gaaaaay!!!

:DDD
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/19/2009, 11:00 am

This place has been kind of dead of late. I guess the whole Phantom fiasco did more damage to the community than I thought. Huh.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 9/19/2009, 11:04 am

ChoMo wrote:Sad
I can't believe they would send it back.... *sigh..*
But regardless, I refuse to lose hope.

Good to know. Tell me how Egypt is--you ARE living in denial, after all.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 38  Next