DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random News

+46
Radiance
redeagle321
Quickfeather
Cylor
Xenophobic Sponge
Bass_so_low
TheDeceiverGod
miniloaf94
RustleXer
princess of darkness
zillyboy
Starfire_02
Music_Hero2779
Nightstar19
Faust
starfire1996
StaticJames
TheGoAsk
ChoMo
Vandal
quinceyleejonas
Laughing_Man
SylverBluTitan
archiesangel
Negromancer
Azrael
EllaMila1
~Angel~
makamook
0chocolachao0
Titans_Fan123
pentatitans5
Rachel1466
PJA1692
Sierra
ravenfan
StarxRob4ever
BeastBoysGirl93
Forza3yeah
Naked Snake
artemis 1223
Blitzkrieg
Riaaanna
Thecrazykid3649
thewizardofodd12
FloatingMagikarp
50 posters

Page 36 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Go down

Random News - Page 36 Empty Re: Random News

Post by Azrael 11/12/2009, 12:09 am

I've still got to read that fic for you. I get distracted so easily. Sorry.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by SylverBluTitan 11/12/2009, 12:14 am

-Hugs-

Lol. I wasn't poking at you, Az. ^_^

But, yes. Yes you do. XD

It's alright, I know. I figured you'd get around to it whenever it happend to cross your mind again.
SylverBluTitan
SylverBluTitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 11/12/2009, 12:18 am

I know you weren't. But that did remind me I need to get to reading it very, very soon. *hugs back*

Lurve your new avatar, by the way.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by SylverBluTitan 11/12/2009, 12:23 am

^_^

Tis a much more sexy icon than my old one, yes? LOL
SylverBluTitan
SylverBluTitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 11/12/2009, 12:37 am

But of course. The blue really pops, for some reason. I like it.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain 11/12/2009, 12:49 am

Xenophobic Sponge wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Xenophobic Sponge wrote:
Mercy wrote:"Medical studies" differ from "medical science"

They're one in the same actually, like Snake said. I mean, if medial science was forced to go ahead without medical studies we'd be nowhere like where we are now. Medical studies are where we get our data. Without being able to do studies on medicines, we'd have no clue what side effects they would have or how well they worked.

With that said, some studies DO have more resounding or immediately important results. But to blanket sate that you choose not to believe anything that is a scientific study, or medical study, or whatever is just silly.

No I mean the sort of ridiculous studies. Such as the examples I said earlier. How spankings can make children lose brain cells is just stupid. Absolutely retarded studies that are getting funds.

http://www.jonathanfields.com/blog/10-university-studies-that-never-should-have-been-funded/

For health, earth, and space, I can understand. But not the blatantly obvious "studies."

Oh, well I can get behind that but I had read your post as saying that you thought anything called a study was crap.

Also, I'd be cool with the chat box being closed. The only people that would really, really miss it would be the ones that tended to abuse it or the ones that don't actually post on the forum. And honestly, like I've been saying from the get go, they could easily get a free chatting program that would easily suit their needs.

Hey Mercy thanks for the link. I had a good laugh.
Rain
Rain

Back to top Go down

Post by SylverBluTitan 11/12/2009, 12:52 am

Az wrote:But of course. The blue really pops, for some reason. I like it.

It is pretty cool. Think I found it on a livejournal DC icon community that, like, never gets updated. Those are sparse, unless I'm looking in the wrong places. I can't seem to find many comic icons/avatars. It bums me out, considering I'm a total picture-whore. XD
SylverBluTitan
SylverBluTitan

Back to top Go down

Post by RustleXer 11/12/2009, 1:01 am

random news: my band is playing in a small music festival... win Smile
RustleXer
RustleXer

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 11/12/2009, 1:30 am

Xenophobic Sponge wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
We will still have arguments, whether on the cb or on the forums. So stuff like this will always happen. I removed the cb as a means to cool everyone down. When people argue on the forums, we don't up and delete the entire forum. There might be another way to solve this without total obliteration of a module that has been on this site for a while now. I don't like the idea of making everyone suffer because of a few people who can't keep the peace and decide to be rowdy. Honestly, I'd much rather do away with the few who cause trouble.

Well in that case the easy thing to do would be to ban people. Though Honestly I don't see the point in the chat box. They were useful years ago when the internet was younger and online chatting was finicky. But now, they just seem redundant.

Hey I like the chatbox. It's a means of sort of, going to the people. And since I ardently refuse to join things like Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, or other such nonsensical chatting arenas, it's the only way, short of me giving out my instant messaging handle, which I resist doing since I like to go to people rather than have them come to me and interrupt my 'Deceiver Time.'

I think of the web-based Box as something of going to the club, and seeing who's there.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 11/12/2009, 2:06 am

But IMs totally take out the chance of these kinds of fights or arguing though. And it doesn't mean that you'd be cutting into personal time. Most all IM programs I've seen let you have more than one username, so when you felt like talking to forum folks, you'd just log in under that name. And that would help because then people wouldn't have to be in the same room as the people they don't like/want to talk to. It would also 86 the people in the chat that aren't actually active members of the forum.

With that said, if an internet chat box is akin to a club for you, your city needs more exciting clubs. XPP

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 11/12/2009, 2:08 am

Xenophobic Sponge wrote:But IMs totally take out the chance of these kinds of fights or arguing though. And it doesn't mean that you'd be cutting into personal time. Most all IM programs I've seen let you have more than one username, so when you felt like talking to forum folks, you'd just log in under that name. And that would help because then people wouldn't have to be in the same room as the people they don't like/want to talk to. It would also 86 the people in the chat that aren't actually active members of the forum.

With that said, if an internet chat box is akin to a club for you, your city needs more exciting clubs. XPP

Well a 'club' in the lean sense of a place where people of like minds gather to socialize among each other. In honesty most Clubs these days are just over blown places to go deaf at an accelerated rate.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RustleXer 11/12/2009, 2:19 am

WTF HAPPENED TO THE CHAT BOX?!?! and i really cbf reading the arguments on the last page or something... someone summarise it please!
RustleXer
RustleXer

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 11/12/2009, 2:24 am

People were arguing & not listening to the mods when they said stop.

Crazy turned the box off.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 11/12/2009, 2:24 am

RustleXer wrote:someone summarise it please!

We don't have a chat box. Some people wanna keep it that way, others don't.

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by RustleXer 11/12/2009, 2:33 am

TheDeceiverGod wrote:People were arguing & not listening to the mods when they said stop.

ahh k, those god dam people.... now we can never talk normal again Sad
RustleXer
RustleXer

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 11/12/2009, 2:35 am

RustleXer wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:People were arguing & not listening to the mods when they said stop.

He'll turn it back on tomorrow.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RustleXer 11/12/2009, 2:39 am

TheDeceiverGod wrote:
RustleXer wrote:

ahh k cool
RustleXer
RustleXer

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 11/12/2009, 5:09 am

RustleXer wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:
RustleXer wrote:

ahh k cool

After a discussion with the admins, of course.
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by FloatingMagikarp 11/12/2009, 5:29 am

RustleXer wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:
RustleXer wrote:

ahh k cool
agreed with what rynna said.
there's a possibility that we may not have CB back for a while for certain reasons.
not about the whole arguing thing, but it may be down temporarily. just a heads up.
-after the discussion with the admins of course as rynna already said.
FloatingMagikarp
FloatingMagikarp

Location : right here on the forums. and over there on youtube. dropping by on deviantart. *yawn* time for bed~

https://www.youtube.com/user/FloatingMagikarp

Back to top Go down

Random News - Page 36 Empty To the Members

Post by FloatingMagikarp 11/12/2009, 6:03 am

To those who have thrown your criticizing remarks at mykan,
please stop. You are free to criticize his fanfics and whatnot,
but do so in a decent manner that does not go overboard to the point
where it will flare arguments that are necessary.

I've known mykan far longer than any of you here, other than a certain veteran
member who has retired. He is not the type who would throw tantrums to destroy
anyone's pride, confidence, or even to simply annoy others. He is truly and honestly
being himself which we have no right to judge who he is. And actually... Despite some
of the drama and tantrums that he had unintentionally thrown at us in the past, I can see
now that he is trying his hardest to improve his behavior for the sake of himself and especially
you guys; the ones who are complaining about him. (which I am referring to those of you who are anyways.)

Lastly, he is a loyal and great Project member that I was so fortunate to meet in the early days
when I had started this Project last year in early June 2008. Some of you here who enjoy the forums
should at least show gratitude for he may have been the one who sent an invite to you, after all, he's been
the only messenger here for a while after my long month of recruiting people, and he's even gone far beyond
that to contributing his works to Proj. '08 as well as continuing his passion for the Beast Boy and Terra couple through videos today.

-I know it seems that I am writing a biography on him or something, but all I ask is for you guys
to show is your equal respect as members on this forum to this fellow over here; our fellow Proj. member that is.
For those of you are are not as interested in the Proj. and are only here for the heck of it, please at least show your respect to another forum member; it's the basic rule of most forums anyways. We need not start any drama over this guy, and again, we should compliment him on his work. He did nothing but defend his fanfics the other night by stating reasons for why he did each thing instead of shooting back his own insults at his criticizers who I must say have most likely gone overboard considering the number of complaints that I got.

I'm sure everyone here wants a forum where we can discuss things in peace, and give leveled constructive criticism on certain topics when needed. If you are only here shower your own personal opinions on others in an ill-mannered way without considering the feelings of the other person, I suggest that you please leave this place or you will be banned under the act of harrassing any member.

-Please keep this in mind, all of you.
I am not saying that we must create an Utopia here, but I am only asking for everyone to keep things leveled. If arguments do arrive, do not turn them into a war. It's the only thing among you guys that I truly ask for; in return, please consider them.

Sincerely,
Karp

Last edited by FloatingMagikarp on 11/12/2009, 6:10 am; edited 3 times in total
FloatingMagikarp
FloatingMagikarp

Location : right here on the forums. and over there on youtube. dropping by on deviantart. *yawn* time for bed~

Back to top Go down

Post by RustleXer 11/12/2009, 6:06 am

FloatingMagikarp wrote:
RustleXer wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:
RustleXer wrote:

ahh k cool
agreed with what rynna said.
there's a possibility that we may not have CB back for a while for certain reasons.
not about the whole arguing thing, but it may be down temporarily. just a heads up.
-after the discussion with the admins of course as rynna already said.

ahh sick
RustleXer
RustleXer

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 11/12/2009, 6:16 am

XD Karp, it makes me laugh when you said you were talking to Rynna and people were like, "who's Rynna?" :lol!:

But don't stop that, glad that someone around here is still using that name. :D
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by FloatingMagikarp 11/12/2009, 6:22 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:XD Karp, it makes me laugh when you said you were talking to Rynna and people were like, "who's Rynna?" :lol!:

But don't stop that, glad that someone around here is still using that name. :D
lol rynna XDDDD
FloatingMagikarp
FloatingMagikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by RustleXer 11/12/2009, 6:24 am

random news: studying for literature is going awesome! Smile nah it's not.... these quotes are killing me!
RustleXer
RustleXer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 11/12/2009, 1:39 pm

Chatbox is still not open..? ):
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down