DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Darkest of Knights

+7
Corvus31
redeagle321
Music_Hero2779
Quickfeather
Fishing4Infinity
Rinisa
Vandal
11 posters

Page 19 of 35 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 35  Next

Go down

The Darkest of Knights - Page 19 Empty Re: The Darkest of Knights

Post by Rinisa 5/3/2010, 6:37 pm

Ivy gasped. "John?" She asked with a laugh. How many old faces am I going to see today? She thought. But more important things were at hand. "I wish I could stay and chat but there's an, ah, emergency. I'll let Luna know you're looking for her. And if you ever need help, " She gave a small smile, " Yell 'Rice'." She gave a tiny wave and began to propel herself upward with air. To Arkham!
---
Zero helped Luna search.
(I have no idea on controlling Z. xD )

Last edited by abreu7 on 5/3/2010, 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/3/2010, 7:00 pm

Bursting into the hospital doors, poor doors, Cyrah ran up to the front desk. "You gotta help her!" she showed them the condition that Karmy was in. "She's lost a lot of blood and she can't remember anything." she said looking down at her unconscious friend. The emergency team came up and took Karmy from Cyrah, setting her on a gurney. "Stay out here." one of the ER doctors said. His ID badge revealed him to be Vincent "We'll call you when we have her stabilized." and they rushed off, leaving Cyrah in the waiting room. "Damn.. Hey dad, we're at the hospital. Where are you?" she said into the link to Casius.

Everything was a whirlwind of blurred colors around her. A bright light shined into her eyes as Vincent checked her dilation. "Can you tell me your name.." she drifted in and out of consciousness. "No.."

"What happened to you?"
She felt herself lifted to another bed.
"Don't... Know.." Darkness.
"BPs dropping! Get the crash car" she passed out.
"Clear!"
BZZZT
"Clear!"
BZZZT
"Clear!"
BZZZZT

Vincent gave a sigh of relief as he handed the nurse the paddles. "Heart rate is stable." replied the nurse. "Good, get her to the ICU." he placed a gloved hand on Karmys head and moved a few blue locks away. A large gash bled freely near her temple. "That could explain a few things. Wrap her head and place a saline drip." and they moved her away.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/3/2010, 8:04 pm

The television was broadcasting a special report. "New development in the Batman case," A young red head spoke on screen, the bottom right flashed her name 'Alaska Flowers' "Batman has been caught and is heading to The Gotham City Police Department for further questioning and investigation. More on that within the hour. Arkham Asylum has been decommissioned as it has been overrun by vines, a number of collateral damage has been reported. We advise you to stay in your homes, though only several villains are able to make it from the island back, wait for S.W.A.T. to clear up the mess. It will most likely be safe to return on the streets of Gotham the day after tomorrow. A warehouse manufacturing plant has been demolished by what eye witnesses call a 'Giant Cinderblock of a Man' leaving a particular 'S' shaped blood stain, proclaiming that 'I am back.' We assume that this is the work of Jump City's very own Slade Wilson. That is all for now, thanks for joining." She had a cocky smile as the broadcast had finished, the audio has been transmitted through the radio and Batman heard it all.

He looked at his surroundings, the two officers who were driving him obviously had no idea what he was up to, and there were no cameras in the APC, and no windows; his utility belt was on a top shelf. Using his finger he triggered a pick-locking device special for handcuffs that came out of his glove. Once free he grabbed his belt and put in on. He was guessing the police would have never suspected him to escape seeing how easily he gave up. He placed his hands on the bare and cold walls of the APC. Feeling it, knocking it, becoming it. He was the wall. Batman placed the side of his face to it, closed his eyes.

The APC pulled up to the GCPD and Commissioner Flass had his hands in his pockets and a tooth pick hanging from his mouth like a cigarette with no light. His face showed the emotion of unamusement. "So he's in there?" He emitted wearily. "Yes sir!" a police officer said with enthusiasm. "Lets hope so." Flass muttered again leaning his head back and spitting his toothpick into the air, hoping it would land in someone's eye. Two officers came to the double-doors and another two with guns came to aide them. They swung the doors open and and to everyone's surprise—except for Flass—The Batman was missing. Flass looked at the once promising police officer and smirked, the officer tried to explain, "Save it." Flass miffed. "I want everyone, everyone on Batman's ass right this minute or I'm gonna have everyone else's ass on a mantel in my living room! Is that understood?!" Flass thundered. "I want everyone in the damn Department out on the streets this instant! I don't care if all you have is an office job, get that Bat! He's just one man!! Everyone out! NOW!" Flass thundered. And sure enough in a good thirty minutes, the police station was clear, all except Flass and one or two operators connecting contacts for the police officers. Flass sat at his desk looking at several papers that were presented on his desk in the last several hours that he didn't have the chance to look at yet.

Evidences and papers piled up. He looked at one that said Arkham Outbreak; Main Suspect: Poison Ivy. He put it aside, wiped his face. Sweat drenched his hands and he wiped them on his shirt. Another one had the words in big red ink SLADE. He opened it up and the sheet of paper with blood on it was on in the manila folder. He opened it up and began reading it for a little while. "Put that down Commissioner." A voice coldly whispered from behind. The Chief of Police's heart began to race. "Batman?" He trembled. "Bingo. Put it down. Don't even try to call them back." Batman ordered, "Put that case down, and don't turn around." Flass placed it in front of him. A cold swoosh came over Flass' right shoulder. He sat there for a minute. "Why is that case so important to you?" he asked. Another minute passed by. "What makes you think I'll let you get away? Murderer?" Another minute. He turned around and no one was there.

"Robin? Come in Robin." Batman called through his communicator.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/3/2010, 8:16 pm

"I've decided to escape after I heard that Slade's in town, I picked up the evidence case. I'm making my way to this factory. You want to join me on the investigation or would it be best if I came back and analyzed this blood sample here?" Batman asked. He was pretty sure she just heard him say: "Do you want to get out of bed or keep resting?" Though he wanted to give her the decision because he honestly couldn't figure out what to do first.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/3/2010, 8:23 pm

"Okay, I'll give you the coordinates. From what I hear, Cinderblock was the one who destroyed the Warehouse. It's on thirteenth avenue. I'll meet you there Robin." He said making his way over.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Music_Hero2779 5/3/2010, 8:30 pm

After talking with Talia, Nickoli and Jersey were getting back on their bikes. Just in time to hear the radio news. "I can fly to Arkahm, so you go for the werehouse. Deal?" Jersey said already getting his wings ready. "What about-" "She's not in the mood. Trust me." With that he flew off and Nickoli drove to the warhouse. Not looking forward to it.
Music_Hero2779
Music_Hero2779

http://www.kaminthestars.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/3/2010, 8:40 pm

Ivy landed gently, surprised. Her hands maintained their glow, in the ruins, and in a place like Arkham, she could always expect to be attacked from behind. The whole place seemed void of life, except for the occassional rat scurry and prisoner stirring in the sand. She slowly advanced towards the building.

It was still standing, for the most part. Some lights managed to flicker on in a few windows, and she could clearly see water puddles on the cool tiled floor where the walls had been knocked down.Thick, lush, evergreen vines littered across the place. A fresh breeze came through, tumbling a few spare papers around. The plant bender was too intent on the damage done to think about the papers. She gingerly made her way across the sand, which was cluttered with glass, concrete, plaster and other debris.

Repairable, she decided. She'd still inspect, see how many people died, how many escaped, how many---"AGH!" She felt a cold hand clamp across her mouth, an arm slink around her waist and another across her neck. "I have a knife to your throat right now. Help me escape and you'll live." A cracking voice threatened. She moved slightly, and found the threat true. A cold crooked blade pressed against her skin. "How about..." She felt her body disappear, nothing held her to the ground, almost as if she wasn't there. Gosh, she loved her air transformation.

"Not?" She finished, walking straight out of the knife, and her captor's hands. Her eyes, or what appeared to be her eyes in wind form, flashed green. Rocks were sent flying upward, toppling down on the man and holding him there. She leaned down: Small cut across the cheek, shallow breathing. He'd live. She phased back, already weary from the transformation.

Her sneakers made a solid crunch as she continued across the sand, cracking more glass. It felt like a million miles to the door, when it was only a few yards. With every step, she discovered more dead bodies. Or, sometimes worse, live ones eying and cursing at her. She half expected some of the vines she encountered to snare across her body and hold her down. But it didn't happen. None of the live people disturbed her. The vines remained dormant. The glass was still sharp, though, and she'd stay that way, too. There was always a catch when it was this quiet.

And she found it. Finally entering what was left of the Asylum, she saw it. Literally every foot, a worker of the Asylum lay dead. Vines coiled around the females, whose faces were red and frozen in a scream of terror. The males no better, eyes glazed over and mouths wide. She swore a spiny little roach creeped in and out of one particular guy's mouth. In all the horror, she uttered only one word:

"Rice."
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Music_Hero2779 5/3/2010, 8:48 pm

Jersey flew over the ruins and found he had respect for whoever had done this. Top class power this was. He landed and walked around a bit. Stepping over dead bodies, smericking at live ones. Then he heard something ahead of him. A voice familer, like he heard not long ago. But through someone else's ears. "Well well well. Did you get sent here as a member? Or just visting?" He leaned againist the wall and crossed his arms. "Sky would be freaking out about how happy she'd be to see you. Ivy right?"
Music_Hero2779
Music_Hero2779

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/3/2010, 8:57 pm

"Yes."Ivy replied, in no mood to chat. So many lives had been lost...."And I already saw Sky.Pardon, Skyfire. We are not on as good terms as we could've been." She said all of this without turning, staring only at the bodies. So...many...lost...
--
Poison Ivy was not about to let the chance for revenge leave her so quickly. She could almost feel it slipping through her finger tips as the robot left with Karm. She quickly followed, staying hidden in a tree just outside the hospital. The shroud of night helped shield her.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/3/2010, 9:05 pm

Batman knelt down checking the ground. "Definitely Cinderblock... Robin? What do you think? Is this just a warning?" He asked her as he realized her coming in. He began to feel dizzy..
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Music_Hero2779 5/3/2010, 9:07 pm

"Really? Well I never expected that. Guess her little spell of crime had made news." He saw her staring at the bodies, "If you have the power to bring back the dead, staring won't help." Jersey shuddered at the memory of being brought back by the stupid wizard. "And if you want to take advice from a guy who was killed, brought back, then became undead. I say don't try."
Music_Hero2779
Music_Hero2779

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/3/2010, 9:13 pm

"It's not that. " Ivy assured. "Being brought back is a....horrid experience I've heard. But the fact that so many people lost their lives today....I know I couldn't have stopped it." I can't beat Poison Ivy.. "But I still wish I could've."

She realized there was no way he could've known what she was talking about. If anybody needed help when it came to understanding others, it was probably him. He should be saying "Rice" for his own good. "It's a hero thing." she finally murmured dryly.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Music_Hero2779 5/3/2010, 9:19 pm

If anybody needed help when it came to understanding others, it was probably him.
(xD)
"Last I checked me and Sky were heroes. Well more her than me but still." He walked over to a body covered in vines. He had a couple guesses to who had done this. One of those guesses was someone from a totally diffrent rp. "So, who do you think did this?"
Music_Hero2779
Music_Hero2779

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/3/2010, 9:22 pm

Darkness is what she woke up to. The only light that brightened the room was that of the hear monitor she was attached to. It flashed with each beat of her heart. Her eyes opened and closed slowly as she tried to regain her senses. First thing she noticed was something was in her throat. The nurses had intubated her to help her breath. She could feel the tube in her throat. She realized something right then. She was in a bed. A hospital bed. Though she did not realize it at the time, hospitals had always been a natural fear for her. And that similar fear coursed through her body.

Her eyes snapped open and she sprung up into a sitting position. The beeps of the heart monitor began to hasten along with her racing heart. She was scared. An alarm went off at the nurses station outside her room and the rushed in in time to see her grab the tube and pull it out. This activated her gag reflex and blood and who knows what else came pouring out. Coughing and spitting, she began to desperately try and get the rest of the tubes and needles that were attached to her body. She was still weak and her nerves were sending signals of pain to her brain with each movement. The nurses immediatly grabbed her and tried to get her to calm down. Vincent burst in, holding a syringe.

Seeing this sent chills down her spine so she began to scream and thrash around violently. "Dammit, hold her down so I can sedate her!" Vincent screamed and placed a hand on her shoulder. Ripping the cap of with his teeth, he prepared to inject her.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/3/2010, 9:23 pm

It was the worst question he could have asked. Ivy didn't think. She knew. The handiwork was all the same. Probably kissed the males to their death, and strangled the females because she didn't want to kiss them. The cold hearted eco-terrorist determined to do whatever it takes to get what she wants. The crazed plant manipulator who preferred plants over people. The woman who was more plant than human.

The one who had given her her powers.

"Poison Ivy." She replied without skipping a beat, her voice edgy, crisp and cold.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/3/2010, 9:26 pm

This was her chance! In all the time of watching and waiting, Poison Ivy had devised a plan. It was devious, heartless, quick, and manipulating. Just the kind of plan she liked. This was the perfect chance to pull off the character she wanted to set herself up as to Karm:

A hero.

Without a moment's hesitation, she jumped from the tree, crashed through the window and stood. Staring at the doctors with daggers. Vines crept out of the trees to wrap around them, the very first being the one holding the syringe. As much as she hated it, she had to do this task.

She had to save Karm.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/3/2010, 9:33 pm

"I'm fine! Get Slade! GO!" Batman said unintentionally. Stepping back he shook his head. He had a brief flashback, "Yeah.. I'm okay Robin. It looks like he did nothing but thrash this place... Cinderblock was basically Slade's servant." Batman mused. "Could be from the illusionist Scarecrow mentioned... Edward was it?" He asked looking up. "Anyways, look for some more clues. When I get back we can take that blood test and we can go to sleep.. figure out what's going on." He said wearily.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/3/2010, 9:35 pm

In a blink of an eye, everything around her was in instant chaos. Vines crushed Vincent and the nurses around her before she could utter a word. Confused, she looked around at bloodied bodies and cowered in the bed. She was wearing a hospital gown with a lose pair of pants tied at her waist.* A vine slithered across the bed, leaving a bloody trail behind and she looked up to see Poison Ivy. "W-Who-" she stuttered. "Who are you?"

(*Not gonna leave an open hospital gown for the age sake of this RP XD!!)
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/3/2010, 9:38 pm

Poison Ivy gave as shocked of a look as she could muster. "Y-you don't remember?" She stuttered. She clapped a hand around her mouth, as if completely surprised. She mentally complimented her acting skills.

"It's me. Poison Ivy. You're best friend." It was killing her to speak such lies. Her best friend was the poison ivy vine growing in the heart of that forest on the outskirts of Gotham. "You remember? You, your name is, " she sputtered the first name to come to mind, "Quinn."

Her smile grew. Yes, that's it.

"Your name is Quinn."
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 5/3/2010, 9:50 pm

Cyrah burst throught he door, hearing the crashing and destruction. Upon seeing poision Ivy, she armed her Sonic cannon. "Get away from her, Poision Ivy." She threatened, putting herself between her and Karmy. "You really don't remember me? It's Sarah, we're like sisters, c'mon!" She said. frantically to karmy. Fighting Poision Ivy would have been hard enough, but trying to Keep Karmy from flying off the deep end again was going to be a pain right square in the ass.

Zeor continued to scan the area with Luna when he heard Ivy's help signal. "C'mon, Dollface needs us." He said, andflew intot eh sky off towards Arkahm.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/3/2010, 9:51 pm

Batman picked up rocks and rubble, tossing them to the side every now and then. He picked up a rock and licked the side of it, spat out and searched around. "I don't know... maybe someone who's obsessed?" He wondered. "Though the only person I know who's obsessed with Slade is.... me."
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Music_Hero2779 5/3/2010, 10:02 pm

"Ok, cool." Jersey said getting up and turning around. "You sound like you want some revenge on this Poison Ivy. Not a good heroing trait now." He looked at her, wondering if she she was getting his point. "So you gonna go at it alone?"

It took him awhile but Nickoli had finally gotten to the warehouse. The place sure looked like it had been torn apart by a cinderblock giant. Putting on his goggles he went inside. It was quiet and great to be away from Jersey. No need to worry about Batman now either. It was empty and silent- until he saw Robin. Nickoli ducked behind a meachine. Then he heard Batman. Did he escape? Or was he proven inocent already? The second guess was more of a hope.
Music_Hero2779
Music_Hero2779

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/3/2010, 10:04 pm

"I don't know Robin... he was truly a man of mystery. I've never even seen his face before." Batman said now having a hand over his chin, "I don't know the slightest clue on his personal life. I suppose the only true clue we have is the blood sample." He said pulling it out the note that Cinderblock left behind. "This could be serious. Quickly Robin... to the Batcave!"
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Music_Hero2779 5/3/2010, 10:09 pm

Nickoli wasn't sure if he should let them go or not. Mistakes can be forgiven... He thought. Stepping out he said, "Why the hurry? I'm sure the Batcave isn't going anywhere."
Music_Hero2779
Music_Hero2779

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/3/2010, 11:09 pm

"You must be kidding if you think that you're driving me." Batman said smirking. "Plus, that's mine... Originally."
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 35 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 35  Next