DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Young Justice cartoon is a go

+14
Ravenisawesome
LostShadowSoul
Laughing_Man
Fishing4Infinity
TheGoAsk
archiesangel
Thecrazykid3649
Rinisa
Riaaanna
TheDeceiverGod
Xenophobic Sponge
Naked Snake
Music_Hero2779
Azrael
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Young Justice cartoon is a go Empty Young Justice cartoon is a go

Post by Azrael 4/21/2010, 2:55 pm

It's official; Young Justice is headed to a television near you, from Greg Wiesman and Sam Register.

Young Justice cartoon is a go Young-justice-20100421104123164-000

It's been four years since the animated series Teen Titans ended, but Cartoon Network today announced their plans for a new take on the teenage sect of the DC Comics universe. Using the name of a currently-defunct DC Comic, Young Justice will focus on Robin, Aqualad, Superboy, Kid Flash, Miss Martian and Artemis.

If you're a fan of superhero-derived animated series, one particularly notable component of Young Justice is that Greg Weisman is among the producers. Weisman of course was one of the main creative forces behind the great The Spectacular Spider-Man, whose demise was only confirmed in the past week – and it looks like Marvel's loss is DC's gain. Weisman will be joined by producer Brandon Vietti ( Batman: Under the Red Hood, Superman: Doomsday, The Batman) and executive producer Sam Register (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Batman: The Brave and the Bold).

http://tv.ign.com/articles/108/1085142p1.html
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Young Justice cartoon is a go Empty Re: Young Justice cartoon is a go

Post by Music_Hero2779 4/21/2010, 5:31 pm

No dark powered awsomeness of Raven? No Cyborg tech that I live for? What about BB's pointed ears that make me smile?! >_<
Well I'll end up watching it anyways...
Music_Hero2779
Music_Hero2779

http://www.kaminthestars.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 4/21/2010, 6:39 pm

Music_Hero2779 wrote:No dark powered awsomeness of Raven? No Cyborg tech that I live for? What about BB's pointed ears that make me smile?! >_<

...Well, it's a different show, so...yeah, probably not.

But that's not a bad thing; just because it's new and different doesn't mean it'll blow. People reacted horribly to Star Trek: The Next Generation; they wanted another series with Kaptain Kirk and his Krazy Krew. Admittedly, it took three full seasons, but it finally surpassed its progenitor series in quality AND quantity.

Who knows? You might even wind up liking this show more. It actually looks pretty cool, if that poster is any indicator. Robin looks like a badass.

Just...just LOOK at him. Jesus Christ. He looks like Batman. HE LOOKS LIKE BATMAN!!!

Other Robin just looked like Burt Ward...

EDIT: COULD THIS MEAN THAT TEEN TITANS COULD BE COMING BACK?!
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 4/21/2010, 7:46 pm

Music_Hero2779 wrote:No dark powered awsomeness of Raven? No Cyborg tech that I live for? What about BB's pointed ears that make me smile?! >_<
Well, none of those guys were ever on the Young Justice team. They're Teen Titans. WB's looking into a live action Teen Titans movie, but I think it's going to be a good long while before you see the Teen Titans team in a regular animated show. Here they'd be out of place. Besides which, this show basically means that a Teen Titans show wouldn't happen until it ends; due to complicated rights issues with Robin that stretch years back, he can only be in one animated show at a time, so this show will have the Robin character concept hung up for a while.

But on the bright side, the Young Justice comic was routinely a comedy superhero series. In a lot of ways, it was closer to what they tried with Teen Titans than anything; which is why I've always been kind of baffled at the fact that they did a comedic superhero show with the Teen Titans to begin with instead of Young Justice. So it could well have more of the kind of humor that was popular with the old show.

Also, Sam Register is one of the guys behind this show.

So, while yeah, it won't feature the old characters at all, it could well still end up feeling familiar to fans of the Teen Titans show.

Who knows? You might even wind up liking this show more. It actually looks pretty cool, if that poster is any indicator. Robin looks like a badass.
Robin's still a little too thin, to me, but he definitely looks more like he should. This is clearly the Tim Drake Robin and you can tell just by looking at him. Tim's my second favorite Robin (Damian, the current one, has wormed his way to number one for me), so it'll be nice to see him.

I have absolutely no idea why Aqualad is black though; I guess they figured they needed a minority character so they changed his skin color.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Music_Hero2779 4/21/2010, 7:53 pm

Naked Snake wrote:

...Well, it's a different show, so...yeah, probably not.

But that's not a bad thing; just because it's new and different doesn't mean it'll blow. People reacted horribly to Star Trek: The Next Generation; they wanted another series with Kaptain Kirk and his Krazy Krew. Admittedly, it took three full seasons, but it finally surpassed its progenitor series in quality AND quantity.

Just...just LOOK at him. Jesus Christ. He looks like Batman. HE LOOKS LIKE BATMAN!!!

Other Robin just looked like Burt Ward...

EDIT: COULD THIS MEAN THAT TEEN TITANS COULD BE COMING BACK?!

XD... O_o You do know I was kidding right? Ok maybe not but Robin does look totally freaking badass. Hey, what is this show rated? G, PG, or PG-13? Cuz the pic makes me think it's close to 13.
Music_Hero2779
Music_Hero2779

Back to top Go down

Post by Music_Hero2779 4/21/2010, 7:56 pm

Azrael wrote:
Well, none of those guys were ever on the Young Justice team. They're Teen Titans.
Yeah but Cy just rocks ^_^ I'm just hopeing for a hero/villan with sweet tech, music powers, or pointed ears. xD
Music_Hero2779
Music_Hero2779

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 4/21/2010, 7:58 pm

Music_Hero2779 wrote:XD... O_o You do know I was kidding right? Ok maybe not but Robin does look totally freaking badass. Hey, what is this show rated? G, PG, or PG-13? Cuz the pic makes me think it's close to 13.
It's too early to know - far as I know shows like this aren't rated this early - but I would venture a guess that it will be about the same rating as the old Teen Titans show. They're going for a similar audience, after all. So I can't picture it going past 13.

Yeah but Cy just rocks ^_^ I'm just hopeing for a hero/villan with sweet tech, music powers, or pointed ears. xD
You'll probably get your wish.

The Young Justice story I hope is adapted is the one where Kid Flash is konked on the head and woke up thinking he was the Adam West Batman. That's a classic. It would be hilarious animated.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 4/21/2010, 8:52 pm

Black Aqualad (Blaqualad?) looks an awful lot like Drebin 891...
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 4/21/2010, 9:47 pm

Naked Snake wrote:(Blaqualad?)

This is awesome. I want Blacksploitation Aqualad now.

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 4/21/2010, 11:52 pm

Ahaha, Conner! I love Conner I hope they make him as much of a dumb jock in the show as he is in the comics. Though I don't think Conner was actually part of young justice... didn't he not get cloned until after Young Justice broke up?

The same goes for Miss Martian, I know she joint the Titans at some point before I was paying that close attention, but then she left, I thought Young Justice was more like summer camp for side kicks when their bosses wanted to get them out of the cave/fortress/undersea-thing.

PS: do we know which Robin that is? It looks like Tim, but wasn't Tim not part of Young Justice either? I thought Young Justice existed before the first version of Teen Titans? Am I insane or are they really going Titans Version 3 with the casting here? I mean that's clearly Arrowette but she'd a serviceable replacement for Mia-Speedy, and I can see them not wanting to use her what with the whole child-prostitute background, HIV+ and such.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Music_Hero2779 4/22/2010, 6:18 am

Version 3? There's 2 others? O_o seince when?
Music_Hero2779
Music_Hero2779

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 4/22/2010, 6:32 am

Young Justice sounds okay. I'll give it a try. Smile
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 4/22/2010, 10:11 am

Music_Hero2779 wrote:Version 3? There's 2 others? O_o since when?

Comics Music, comics.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 4/22/2010, 12:54 pm

Hey, its not TT but I think it'll be pretty good. The Teen Titans are just the Titans in that story line, so maybe we'll have guest stars. Nightwing coming in wouldn't break the ROBIN clause, would it?

Bah, either way, the art style looks cool and it justs looks like it's bound to be a hit to me. I would love to see Secret in this!
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 4/22/2010, 1:11 pm

This show looks pretty solid and promising. It's something to look forward to, definitely. :D
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

https://www.youtube.com/thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 4/22/2010, 2:24 pm

abreu7 wrote:Nightwing coming in wouldn't break the ROBIN clause, would it?

I'm not sure how the bat-embargo works, but I'm pretty sure it would be okay. Since both would be on the same show. It's more like, they couldn't have Nightwing guest star in some other show durring the time of this show being aired. But having Dick's Nightwing guest in an episode of YJ would be possible. Not sure how likely, but I think it's legal.

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 4/22/2010, 2:40 pm

Oh speaking of Robins, everyone knows about the new Red Hood movie coming out right?

If not here's a Link
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Music_Hero2779 4/22/2010, 4:34 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:
Music_Hero2779 wrote:Version 3? There's 2 others? O_o since when?

Comics Music, comics.
-_- Crap i forgot that... Embarassed
Music_Hero2779
Music_Hero2779

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 4/22/2010, 5:34 pm

So wait, I don't get it. That voice actor said Arrowete but then it said Artemis there... And they said they'd put Nightwing in but I don't see him there... And why didn't they put Cassie in? Sad
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 4/22/2010, 5:46 pm

Clearly they renamed Arrowette Artemis, it's a better name anyway. And it may be that they have the same issue putting Wonder Girl into this show as they had with Teen Titans, they wanted to have Donna put into the show there near the end, and honestly if they had it might have made it last longer.
But for some reason they didn't and had to put her into the Go! comics instead.

Either that or Cassie's not going to be part of the starting line up so they can have some of the first few episodes be about the Young Justice team attempting to recruit her against Wonder Woman's wishes.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 4/22/2010, 5:52 pm

Xenophobic Sponge wrote:
abreu7 wrote:Nightwing coming in wouldn't break the ROBIN clause, would it?

I'm not sure how the bat-embargo works, but I'm pretty sure it would be okay. Since both would be on the same show. It's more like, they couldn't have Nightwing guest star in some other show durring the time of this show being aired. But having Dick's Nightwing guest in an episode of YJ would be possible. Not sure how likely, but I think it's legal.

Ah, thanks. Just another thing to look forward to!

Rianna Lauren wrote:So wait, I don't get it. That voice actor said Arrowete but then it said Artemis there... And they said they'd put Nightwing in but I don't see him there... And why didn't they put Cassie in? Sad

I read the entry and it says the name is new to a "Teen heroine" but Artemis is "Sporting a costume similar to Arrowette's" I guess we'll just have to wait to find out, but I think they may have made a mistake and that really is Arrowette. Or maybe Arrowette taking on the name of Artemis, hinting at something later in the comics (Doubt it) or...I dunno! We'll have to wait and see.

As for Cassie, she is a member of Young Justice. She could guest star, or become a regular later in the show. Never know.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 4/22/2010, 5:54 pm

...But that's the same Cissie King Jones? And what about Nightwing? Dx
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel 4/22/2010, 7:04 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:Oh speaking of Robins, everyone knows about the new Red Hood movie coming out right?

If not here's a Link

Sweet ^^
archiesangel
archiesangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 4/22/2010, 9:13 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:Ahaha, Conner! I love Conner I hope they make him as much of a dumb jock in the show as he is in the comics. Though I don't think Conner was actually part of young justice... didn't he not get cloned until after Young Justice broke up?

The same goes for Miss Martian, I know she joint the Titans at some point before I was paying that close attention, but then she left, I thought Young Justice was more like summer camp for side kicks when their bosses wanted to get them out of the cave/fortress/undersea-thing.

PS: do we know which Robin that is? It looks like Tim, but wasn't Tim not part of Young Justice either? I thought Young Justice existed before the first version of Teen Titans? Am I insane or are they really going Titans Version 3 with the casting here? I mean that's clearly Arrowette but she'd a serviceable replacement for Mia-Speedy, and I can see them not wanting to use her what with the whole child-prostitute background, HIV+ and such.
Conner was actually a central character to the Young Justice team. The three founders were Conner (Superboy), Tim Drake (Robin) and Bart Allen (Impulse at the time, Kid Flash now).

As for the archer, that's definitely meant to be Arrowette. Why she's named Artemis, I'm not sure. It could be the staff trying to blend the characters of Wonder Girl and Arrowette together, since the name Artemis is typically associated with the Wonder Woman family in the DCU. After all, the character of Wonder Girl - doesn't matter if it's Donna or Cassie - is notorious for the rights issues surrounding her. This is a lot of the reason why the Teen Titans show never had her guest star when everyone else from the Fab Five showed up at some point or another in the shows five seasons. The best they could do was an ambiguous background cameo of someone in the Troia outfit.

As for Miss Martian, yes, she's typically a Teen Titans character. She's the only character here that wasn't on Young Justice. She was created after the Young Justice comic had ended. The staff is probably thinking she'd fit in good or just decided she was a character they might like to work with in regards to the show. Hell, they could even be using her as a Martian Manhunter analogue on this team, since it's apparently a team trying to prove to the Justice League that they can be top shelf heroes.

And why didn't they put Cassie in?
As for Cassie, she is a member of Young Justice. She could guest star, or become a regular later in the show. Never know.
The rights issues surrounding the Wonder Girl character are notorious. The staff for the old Teen Titans show simply could not use her because of them. They really wanted to.

I've no doubt it's the same thing here. I wouldn't expect to see Wonder Girl in this show at all unless something near miraculous happens. There's simply too much legal crap surrounding the character outside of the comics.

Nightwing coming in wouldn't break the ROBIN clause, would it?
Near as I can tell, Sponge is more or less right on in regards to the Robin deal. It's more a matter of the character appearing on more than one show at a time. We could very well see Nightwing show up at some point as a guest star or even pop in from time to time to help Tim (since I'm pretty positive that's who the Robin of this show is).

In fact, I kind of expect a Nightwing guest star episode at some point.

And what about Nightwing? Dx
Nightwing was never on Young Justice. Nightwing is Dick Grayson and the Young Justice Robin was Tim Drake. They probably thought about going with the recognizable Nightwing character at first before deciding to stick with Tim Drake. I wouldn't rule out Nightwing guest starring though.

Oh speaking of Robins, everyone knows about the new Red Hood movie coming out right?
I'm very much looking forward to it. I hope Black Mask is as darkly humorous in the film as he is in the comic storyline.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoAsk 5/2/2010, 5:13 pm

ironicly superboy was just un killed in the current running teen titans comic
its a team of beast boy raven. static. wonder girl miss martain blue beatle bombshell and now they may be putting superboy kid flash and or cyborg back in the comics its really good you guys should check it out
TheGoAsk
TheGoAsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next