DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sixth Sun

+3
Fishing4Infinity
Corvus31
Quickfeather
7 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Sixth Sun - Page 8 Empty Re: The Sixth Sun

Post by Quickfeather 6/27/2010, 10:25 pm

Jack had mumbled a quick 'good-bye' when the two left. He had thought of going with them to make sure they didn't do anything, but he was tired and decided if they figured anything or broke anything he'd just have to deal with it. He walked over to a bed and fell asleep.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 6/27/2010, 10:42 pm

"Sure thing. Your car, I'm guessing, is just down the block?" Meena asked, guessing this as that was the direction Jen had come from when she saw Jack and herself. She took the keys and stepped out of the van. Just to be sure, she waited for Jen to give directions and a description of the car.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 6/29/2010, 5:28 pm

"Back in a jiff." Meena assured, jogging out the van and disappearing around the block. Lincoln....lincoln...Wonder if it's named after abe.... she thought, looking for the car.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 7/1/2010, 9:44 pm

[I wanna jump back in, but not sure what to do. where is everyone @tm o_O?]
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 7/2/2010, 11:02 pm

Time: About one a.m.
Weather: Cloudy, but not raining anymore.

Marvin, deciding the the sentry was just confused, had walked to the city quite some time ago. Straightening his suit, he questioned people here and there, and had a call about someone who had broadcasted something about their operations and now was hiding in a hotel. They had an odd amount of information on everyone he could care about, and that he was happy for.
"Excuse me, have you seen this man? Or anyone with him?" he would ask everyone, showing a picture of Jack.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 7/3/2010, 1:06 am

Meena shut her mouth, shaking her head "No" at the man. People were already asking about Jack and he had only told about E.V.I. Inc. hours ago. She gripped Jen's keys tightly and hurried away. Mime driving a car....Wonder if that's weird...
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 7/3/2010, 12:26 pm

Marvin smiled as Meena walked away before turning away himself. He had a slight suspicion that the girl might be hiding something, mainly because a few people had seen them and were much more likely to open up.
"Pardon me, but I believe you aren't telling me something." Marvin said, quickening his pace.
"It's vital that I find him; he is rather...threatening." he finished.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 7/3/2010, 2:45 pm

Meena abruptly stopped and brought her hands up to her mouth in a zipping motion. I'm a mime, you moron. I don't talk. she hissed in her mind. She gave a small shrug and hurried onwards.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 7/3/2010, 2:55 pm

Marvin frowned. A mime. Charming. he thought to himself.
"Very well, if you insist." he muttered with a cough before stepping away. He knew that she probably wasn't a true mute, and the fact that she insisted on staying silent was questionable, even if she was a mime. He'd make sure to do something about her when he returned.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 7/3/2010, 3:39 pm

Meena found the Lincoln with no problem, and found the cameras Jen wanted. After locking the car and managing to carry the equipment without dropping it, she began walking back to Jack's car. She hoped the fussy old man wouldn't stop her again.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 7/3/2010, 3:53 pm

Marvin hadn't really kept his eye off of Meena, but he didn't plan on trying to get anything out of her; he'd just see where she was headed. Not like she'd remember who he was. Keeping a wide berth, he followed ever so slowly, blending in as just another face.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus31 7/6/2010, 8:09 am

(sry ive been out 4 a while xp. ill try to get bak in da groove.)

Halek stood blakly at the gaurd before he squeezed out a response.
"Oh...me? I'm just testing out my binoculars from this ledge. They're working like a charm! Hey....you work at that building.....mind if i ask a question or two about it?
Corvus31
Corvus31

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 7/6/2010, 6:50 pm

The guard (who they had sent after Marvin had left.), stared blankly up at Halek.
"Test them somewhere else." he said flatly.
"I barely work there anyways, just a bunch of soldiers is all I see." the guard went on a bit bluntly.
"You've got to scram though."

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 7/7/2010, 12:06 am

Meena slipped back into the van, holding out the equipment and the keys. "This the stuff you needed?" she asked Jen, hoping sincerely that it was. The last thing she wanted to do was go back and face that questioning pesky man.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus31 7/7/2010, 10:59 am

"Ummmm....sure thing sir." Halek replied as he turned around and set back for town. The cloudy atmosphere made for a very pleasant walk back but Halek still didn't have the answers to his questions about E.V.I Inc. When Halek reached town, he sat down on a nearby bench, deciding what to do next.
Corvus31
Corvus31

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 7/7/2010, 10:32 pm

"Cool." Meena breathed, flashing a thumbs up at the other girl. "Hurry," she whispered in a more serious tone. "Pesky old dude down the street was asking about Jack. If you see him, avoid him." She warned, none too eager to leave the van. The old fusser gave her the creeps!
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 7/7/2010, 10:41 pm

Marvin was still watching the duo in the van, and frankly very eager for them to get moving and for him to get his job done. She just admitted that they knew Jack. He smiled to himself. While he waited for the two to get moving, he pulled out a pad of paper and a list of seemingly random numbers. He began writing down, by hand, a sort of encrypted log; not that he needed it, but it was in the job description.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 7/13/2010, 7:39 pm

Meena trailed closely behind Jen, threading her way through and around people. She kept tossing glances to her side, in case the man had the guts to follow them. To her relief, she hadn't spotted him. She didn't know how wrong she was, whispering to Jen, "I don't think he's here."
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 7/13/2010, 8:52 pm

"That Jack was a threat." Meena began, relaying and repeating all the man had said. Her mind was still on what Jen had just said. What if the man had followed? She trembled slightly at the thought, quickening her pace towards the room.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 7/13/2010, 9:25 pm

Marvin smiled to himself as the girl glanced over him, not noticing him. But he had a job to do. Sabotaging whatever they had going in that van went through his head for a split second, but he decided to follow them, being sure not to tread to closely. Or maybe he wouldn't have to do anything; maybe he planted some doubt in them.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 7/13/2010, 10:00 pm

"Thought you'd never ask!" Meena squealed, excited at holding the adorable little robot, taking him gently from Jen's hands. He was surprisingly heavy for his size, and she could see why one would get tired after carrying him. Still, the mime managed, wondering just how much Todd did weigh. 5 lbs.? Couldn't be an ounce over 7, or below 4. Maybe 6 and a half..
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 7/13/2010, 10:51 pm

Jack gave something between a grumbled and a growl, muttering something.
"Hey..." he grumbled, getting up and yawning.
"Everything work well?" he asked, trying to keep the tone from his voice.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 7/13/2010, 11:06 pm

"Good..." he muttered.
"You didn't mess with the computers, did you?" he added, mostly a statement, as he stepped off the bed, walked over to the table to pick his keys back up.

Marvin was walking up the hotel, paying attention to every detail on his way up, until he came to the closed door, with everyone inside. Nodding to himself, he walked back down and rented the room next to theirs (With a bit of bribing given the time of day). When he came back up, again, and went into his room, he glided over to the wall to listen in on anything they would have to say.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 7/13/2010, 11:11 pm

Meena slunk into the room, locking the door behind her. She had noticed the two bed dilemma, too. Either somebody sleeps elsewhere, or this will get very awkward. she thought lightly. She hadn't contributed any money to the room, and was perfectly fine with not sleeping in those beds. She'd wait in an hour and mime one. With that in mind, she sat indian style on the floor. "Mornin' Jack."

(What time is it?)
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 7/13/2010, 11:23 pm

(One thirty, about.)
"Ah...way to early." Jack commented to Meena, but noticed Jen.
"Glad you didn't try to lie. Ok though...just...let me take care of that bit next time." he muttered. He sat down in a chair, rubbing his eyes, and nearly fell asleep too.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Disclaimer
Our DC Comics Fanbase community does not own any copywritten material owned by DC Comics Inc. All rights are reserved to the owners.