DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Litmus incident

+2
Fishing4Infinity
redeagle321
6 posters

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Litmus incident - Page 6 Empty Re: The Litmus incident

Post by Fishing4Infinity 9/5/2010, 1:43 am

"Sweetness." Karmy said, Jaime was starting to fall back asleep in her arms. It was still fairly early in Alaska right now. "You have no idea how thankful I am for always helping out Al. Especially with teaching, never really did learn all that stuff my sel either." she wrapped the blanket a bit tighter around Jaime so he felt safe.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/5/2010, 1:50 am

"Well its not like I'm teaching him any martial arts or survival tactics. Can't really do that in my condition now can I? Though if you want my advise I highly implore you to hide your powers. Metahuman activists are acting up. Nabbed 200 kids. Probably as a warning. Can't really say for certain. You watch him. Don't get him involved with this super hero sh*t. It only brings sadness; just avoid using your powers." Oracle advised finally finding her pants and slipping them on with strange trouble. "Goddamn pants.. Hate this."
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 9/5/2010, 1:56 am

"Yeah I know, Robert and I have been teaching him about fighting, but purely for self defense. And wait what?" Karmy sat up slightly, a look of concern on her face. "200 kids?" her motherly instinct kicked in and she became very worried. "Any idea who..?" she leaned back and held her sleeping son close.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/5/2010, 2:00 am

"Phoenix." Alice said plainly. "If you're teaching him anything it better not be using any of his powers. They catch you just once and we don't know what else these activists are capable of."
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 9/5/2010, 2:06 am

"Oh trust me, the only time he better be using his powers is to get here and back. The only thing I had to teach him was how to get them under control." Karmy said. "He hasn't been using them at all really." oh how wrong she was. "Those Phoenix bastards..". she mumbled and felt a slight twinge underneath her head band.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/5/2010, 7:16 am

"You too. Keep your powers at a standstill." Alice advised and let out a sigh with a slight hint of irate. She knew Karmy would use her powers around the house, and it was still strange being around Karmy. She never really understood metahumans even though she devouted her life to their safety. Well at least for the last twenty some years. "You want a bed or something? I can fix you some veggie soup?" She offered as Alice and not Oracle.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 9/5/2010, 8:44 am

"Trust me Al, when it comes to hiding hiding powers, I turned pro when I was 15." Karmy said blatantly as she pulled out a small crib form her bag and set Jaime gently inside. "And sure, I didn't get a chance to eat this morning-err.. Afternoon." she looked at the clock. "I'll help ya out."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/5/2010, 11:09 am

"No you don't have to worry. You came here to rest." Alice said wheeling about to the kitchen. "Cream of Mushroom and Rice? Or just straight up veggie soup?" Alice asked pulling out several cans from the cupboard. "So how does the sun set in Alaska? I heard it doesn't go up and down, but it goes side to side. Is that true?" Alice had a large curiosity about other places. She had walked from Jump City to Gotham and saw many sights, and their road trip she had the chance to see even more, but she had never been to Alaska.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 9/5/2010, 11:17 am

"Veggie please." Karmy said, sitting down at the kitchen table. After Casey's birth, she had never turned down the chance to rest, unlike when she was younger. "Yeah, it's like that, kinda like an up and down zigzag I suppose. Hard to explain." she shrugged. "I don't know why you never let me bring you there."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus31 9/5/2010, 11:18 am

"Well it certaintly looks better then our old APC. And it definetly looks like it runs better. Jack then proceeded to observe every part of the Apc right down to the hub caps. "Nice." Jack said as he gave the wheels a light kick.
Corvus31
Corvus31

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/5/2010, 11:42 am

"I do want to go Karmy." Alice admitted, "But you know me. I've got a job that I need to attend to. I have duties here in Gotham." She said pouring the opened can of veggie soup into a pot, mixing it with water, salt, pepper, and bay leaves over a blue fire.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 9/5/2010, 12:13 pm

(Hehehe... Bay leaves)

"Yeah, I know how it is, Al." Karmy sighed and rested her head in the palm on her hand, looking at Alice. "One of these days you gotta get away from it all, like I did. I didn't want to raise my boy's in this city of memories." she said wearily.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/5/2010, 12:21 pm

"Yeah, I'll come visit one day. I promise." Alice said churning the soup about. "But you know. Heroes don't really have vacations. I'll have to get someone to fill in for me. Barbara can't because she became Commissioner of Police not a year ago, and training a new Oracle is tougher than being Oracle." Alice said taking the pot off the stove and placing it on the counter. She raised the seat on her wheel chair and took out some bowls. "Is Jamie eating with us?" She asked.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 9/5/2010, 12:25 pm

"Yeah, maybe one day. Not like anyone can find us way out there anyways." Karmy said, standing up. "Nah, I just fed him and he's asleep right now." she peered back into the living room where she had a clear view of him sleeping in his portable crib. "He's so much quieter than when Casey was his age. So calm.." she smiled as she pulled out spoons from the drawers.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/5/2010, 12:48 pm

"Huh, lively much? Hard to believe they came from the same mother." Alice said her pulling a chair for her friend and distributing the soup and placing two piping hot bowls on the table. "Also use proper grammar Karmy; it's anyway, not anyways." Alice said at her side of the table, folding her hands.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 9/5/2010, 1:37 pm

"Heh, maybe I should start listening when you're teaching Casey instead of just day dreaming." Karmy gave one of her famous goofy,idiotic grins before digging into her meal.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 9/5/2010, 2:58 pm

They were gathered on the rooftops across from Alice's home. One was tall, clad in black attire entireley, a pair of talons in their sheaths on his belt. His hair hung about him, long and unkempt. He seemed like he hadn't done a decent thing his whole life. By sharp contrast, his compatrion was a lithe young kid, she was probably no older then 15. in a phoenix combat suit and using her scope to spy intot he apartment, she kept a blank emotionless face untill Karmy appeared. She looked at Falcon expressionless, her limiescent red eyes pureley soul-less. "There is another. It looks like the girl that was in the news 16 years ago. The hippy one. And what appears to be her child." She reported blandly. Falcon comandeered the rifle to look down the scope. Sure enough, one Karmy Anderson. He had read Noctourne's files on her, she was once a grand irritation to them. "Isn't it tragic that she died in her firend's home?" Noctourne sneered, no good will in his smile as he handed the riffle to the red- eyed sniper. She didn't need to be told what THAT meant. She leveled the riffle, and fired....

As luck would have it, Jenga had waltzed in to ask to use the restroom real quick. He just so happened to be in the right spot when the shot was fired throught he window that it hit the plat eon his back. The rifle wasn't powerful enough to punch through the plate, but it WAS strong enough to startle Jenga into falling over with a crash.......
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/5/2010, 3:11 pm

"Get away from the windows!" Alice shouted pulling a grenade from her backpack and tossing it. A smoke billowed out from the canister shaped grenade and soon covered the entire room. "Get your baby and get out of here! I can take care of these guys!" She said wheeling to Jenga and grabbing the collar of his armor to drag him away from the line of fire.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 9/5/2010, 3:26 pm

Jaime had woken up and he was now crying and coughing from the smoke. Karmy had instantly ran for him and lifted him out of his crib, holding him close. "Alright, Al, be careful!" she kicked the portable crib back into her bag and slipped it around her shoulders. Holding a bit of the blanket over his nose and mouth so he could breathe filtered air, Karmy prepared to depart."Please contact me to tell me everything's alright." she called out to Alice before falling through a portal. Landing back in her house, she kept a tight hold on Jaime. "Psy!" she called out to her, coughing slightly. "Go home and tell your mother to call me, now!" she ordered.

"Oh sh-" Dommino had heart the sniper shot and jumped out of the vehicle. "How the hell did they- oh never mind, c'mon!" she pulled out her weapon and headed for the house, keeping her eye's peeled. "Jenga!" she had seen him go back into the house before. "Was anybody hit?" she asked, keeping her weapon close.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 9/5/2010, 3:46 pm

"Yeahyeahyeah, sure!" Cyrah said, vanishing in green aura. Not a minuite later, the phone rang, the CID showing it was Sarah's armphone.

Falcon was genuineley pissed. And by pissed I mean more pissed then usual. He turned and strode away wordlessly. "Master Falcon, I apologise for missing the shot." The sniper girl said apologetically. "Don't fret, my dear- you are only a metahuman peice of filth, mishaps are to be expected." he said, arrogant and abrasive as the two quickly made a hasty retreat from the rooftops......

Jenga relled as he fumbled to his feet and swung his cannon down on the mount on his back. But no luck- he didn't know the direction the shot came from, and even if he did, he doubted her could go in the open and make the shot before getting a bullet in his visor. "Goddammit....." he growled, Backarat also dashing in, his weapon drawn. As Cassius too dashed in, he knew this wasn't a freak incident- they had stepped on a toe here, and someone was already trying to yank the noose tight on them.....
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/5/2010, 3:57 pm

A shadowy figure caught the eye of Reaper. "I spot those buggers! I'm going after them!" Reaper reported as he tore off his backpack and submachine gun to lighten his load for the chase. "They're on the roof top! I'm gonna cut them off!" He yelled running off. His heart was racing faster than his feet, his sprint felt extremely light now he lost the weight of his backpack of expendables. All he needed was his handgun and his helmet. He ran to the backyard and spotted the shadowy figures dip behind the bushes. The chase was on.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 9/5/2010, 4:09 pm

"Casey, here, take Jaime." Karmy said. "Mom, what's going on?" he asked as he gently took his little brother. "I'll explain later, make sure his breathing's alright." she told him before picking up the phone. "Cyssy? Hey, I was just at Alice's, Cass and the SHARP agent's were there , I guess. I think someone tried to kill me.." she panted, shaking from the fear. It wasn't her life she was scared for when she heard the shot, it was for her sons. "Oh god.. Please tell me what's going on." she panicked.

"Look's like Reaper has the right idea!" Dommino shouted and started to follow him. "Got a visual yet, Reaper?!" she asked, pulling her helmet on.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 9/5/2010, 4:41 pm

"The f***- are you serious!?!" Sarah said in intense concern. She might have bene the president, but she was her most unsure of what to do in this office then she had ever been. What could she do that was safe for her? She supposed the best thing now was jsust to keep Karmy safe where she was. "Just stay tight, I'll he- HEll-heLL- take care of Alice." Sarahs aid, apparently the act of helping Alice WILLINGLY never entered her mind. Nor did she keen on it. "Stay on the line, everything will be ok, I promise." She said, trying to comfort her sister. When a sniper tries to slag you, you usually get a tad distraught.

Falcon and the sniper tried to flee at top speed, but it was obvious SHARP was trailing them. Falcon made a handsignal to the sniper and fell back while she carried on. This was a contact sport they were playing, and Falcon was it right now. He drew his talons and slunk into the shadows, backtracking and waiting for an opening to strike......

Cassius ordered Jenga to stay with Alice while him and Backarat took off after the sniper. If ANYONE could keep an eye on Alice, it was him. Plus, the chance to irritate alice was as appealing now as it was 15 years ago, despite him respecting what she did.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/5/2010, 5:15 pm

[What..? Reaper never takes of his helmet...]

"They split but I'm going after the guy. I only saw the back of their arses! If I'm getting anything from this guy its a positive ID!" Reaper called into his headset. "Someone has a visual on the sniper?" He asked as he saw the back of the 'guy'. He pulled his handgun while still running, who then went into hiding. "Ass bag! I lost him! Requesting back up, Dommino, Rook, do you read?"

Oracle helped Jenga up. "Are you okay?" She asked looking out with Sonar binoculars to look through the smoke. No one was there. "I think we're clear. Where's your boss?"
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 9/5/2010, 5:20 pm

Dani dashed after the others, pulling down her mask and arming herself with the stun gun. Now Banshee, she used her heightened sense of sight to scour the area. She wasn't sure what to look for, just the predictable heavy figure with a sniper. With her long strides, she wasn't too far behind Reaper, Dommino, and Adela. When Reaper called in for help, the girl tried to follow him.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Disclaimer
Our DC Comics Fanbase community does not own any copywritten material owned by DC Comics Inc. All rights are reserved to the owners.