The Litmus incident

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Re: The Litmus incident

Post by Vandal on 1/16/2011, 10:01 pm

The Oracle opened up several windows on her computer, all on maps and dots. "Nope, he's off the radar." Oracle reported through the microphone. "There's no such thing as Off the Radar Oracle." Barbara said through her contact from the office. "Do a double check. Adjust elevation scan, isolate all hostiles in the area, find him, he has my Alice."

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 1/17/2011, 5:33 pm

"Don't ever use names on the battlefield. Oracle will do. Move south." Oracle told them. "I'm sending several others with you." Oracle advised. Batman nodded and blasted out to the city.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa on 1/19/2011, 9:34 pm

Ironmask watched the man in white dash off with the redhead child. She was itching for a fight and, besides, it did anger her when somebody messed with a kid. Not too much of a kid, she noted, when the girl tried kicking her captor.

"Alright. First to kick his _ss buys the drinks today!" She announced, sprinting off without a second thought. She knew Phantasm could keep up.

Global Mod
Global Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa on 1/19/2011, 9:59 pm

Robin wrote:(Abs. Uh. You're either in a car with cass's group or standing about a bridge that's about to bomb off.)

(I posted as Ironmask/Rose. But thanks, anyway xD )

Global Mod
Global Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 1/19/2011, 10:23 pm

[Actually I-mask is with Phantasm, so she's in the green o_O]

The Phantasm couldn't help but sigh to himself as the sight of his eager partner rushing headlong into a fight. That woman, allways on the move. At least he was guaranteed to never have a dull moment around her. Like an embodiement of the night itself, he surged forward with his partner, his frayed cape fluttering behind him, the wind assaulting his face through the slits in his mask as he charged the Monochromatic kidnapped.....

Onomatopoeia was none too pleased that his squirmy target was..... squirming. And kicking. And headbutting. He recovered his stature quickly, and was about three seconds from introducing her head to the heel of his boot, when he noticed A masked man and...... what appeared to be an Iron samurai chick rushing him. More Batman monkeys? No, no there was something different about these two. Oh well- batmen or not, these mooks obviously wanted what he rightfully stole. He put himself between the newcomers and his hostange, and plugged several bullets at them, following each shot with a "blam". For security, he stomped down on Alice's back, pinning he runde rhis foot to ensure she didn't get away.....

[I'll post the rest later, gotta' go]

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 1/22/2011, 2:07 am

That sonovabitch. That probably hurt more than giving birth! Did he have to stomp on her spine? Alice let out a muffled scream, and she began to cry from the pain she was suddenly receiving. She could handle getting tied up, tossed around, and roughed up a bit, but she knew instantly that this man had the power to curb stomp her brains out. The madman nearly broke her back! Alice was counting on daddy dearest to save her. Though she couldn't see the masked specters coming at her, she did see familiar faces emerge from the dark. Batman. Several of them. And a Robin Intern whom she sort of had a little crush on, but that was besides the point. There was no way this kidnapper was leaving Gotham with her. She saw Terry amongst the Batmen, was her sister nearby aswell?

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 2/3/2011, 11:12 am

It was right about now that Onomatopoeia considered his options severeley. Staying and fighting it out against all of these Bats and freaks would nopthing short of a herculean feat he was fairly confident he couldn't pull off, even if he just stopped worrying about the girl. Ditch the girl and run for it? Again, a no go. Although there was a slightly better chance of him pulling THAT off, the Bats would be swarming him. Plus, he'd have to face his bosses and tell them how their number one agent ran off with his tail tucked between his legs. He could try to blast down to a lower level again, but he doubted he could pull off the same trick twice. Maybe....

His train of though was interupted by the masked man suddenly getting too close for comfort- like he had done it a thousand times before, he weaved in and out of his path of fire as Onomatopoeia continued to plug shot after shot at him untill he heard that dread -Hack- click- of spending all fo his bullets. As quickly as he ran out, the stanger was in his face, clearing him right off the pavement with a punch that felt like getting hit by a freight train. Knocked squareley off of Alice, The Phantasm put him self between her and the crazed assasin. With a swift motion of his hand, he procured a bent shuriken- almost Batarang like- and hacked through the binds on ALice, freeing her.....

The moment Dmoinno stopped calling out for her teammates, a sound of static crackled through ehr headset as it- and ONLY it- reactivated. "Don't bother- even IF that has-been could find the bomb I'd just blow it." Came an arrogant voice. "Now listen carefully- all this can be prevented if you follow my simplest of instructions, understood?" the voice asked, a snide attitude of control over the situation dripping in his voice.....

It didn't take long for Casisus's team to finally arrive at ther destination now that they had a functional vehicle and all. It was a small town called serenity, just outside of Pitsburg. Cassius pulled the vehicle up to the site where disapearances had occured- it seemed like as good a place as any to start.....

[sorry, kind of rushed at the end and cut a slight bit of stuff due to time constraints + working on a pilot for NG]

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 2/3/2011, 3:57 pm

"Alright Motherfuckers! C'mon out!" Reaper yelled as he ran out of the vehicle and firing his handgun into the air. He was pumped on a 5 Hour Energy and caught himself looking at Cassius. "They're... here right?" He asked to make sure so he can yell at them again.

Alice was free. She scrambled up to see who the masked man was, of course a man in a mask is obviously trying to hide their identity, and trying to figure out who he was was a foolish thing to do, but to see his alias was all that mattered. He didn't look like any Batman she's ever seen. Lots of noises. Lots of fighting going on. Smoke bombs going off here and there, Batmen trying to take down one kidnapper. Well This kidnapper couldn't have been very bright, he went after the daughter of Batman Incorporated. Who did he think he was? Superman? No, she looked around for something to help. It was getting really cloudy but she slipped upon an whipping club used by one of the Bats. Could have even been Terry's. he was sloppy no doubt but that was besides the point. Alice didn't think she would actually run into him, she just wanted to look like she was helping, another smoke bomb went off, she could hear it. Then she saw the back of his head. The assailant. He was busy creeping up on another Batman, and she was busy creeping up on him, she wanted to do something cool. Say something cool. Or something to get his attention so he could look back at Alice. He wasn't so tall that she couldn't whip him across the head. When she got close enough she said in an Onomatopoeia like fashion, "Whack!"

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus31 on 2/8/2011, 7:24 am

"They had better be here..." Jack said. "I didn't risk being pumped full of lead to come here for nothing. He clicked on the infared setting on his visor, adjusted the zoom scope on his dart rifle, and waited for something to shoot at.

~Garry Jones
Corvus31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 2/9/2011, 10:07 am

Cassius alotted himself a facepalm at the sight of his over eager team. "Have you guys been paying attention? This is the crime SCENE, not a nest full of enemies or whatnot." Cassius informed them, the newcomers all garnering looks from the police officers still investigating the scene. Cassius began to put thought into their enxt move. According to Oracle, there was no available feed for the actual moment of the dissapearances, and the only confired of the three individuals seen in the satelite photo was Falcon. But nobody could cover their traces perfectly- even Batman left behind a Batarang now and then. Already having formulated an idea, he waited for his riled up squad to get the picture and settle down....

The phantasm couldn't help but indulge in a satisfied smile as the club went down on Onomatopoeia's head, knocking the lunatic out cold as ice. He heard hurried footsteps as Nightwing dashed up to the congreation of Batman Inc. members and such, arriving just intime to see Ono faceplant onto the ground. She couldn't help but have wanted to do that herself, but figured it was somewhat fitting that Alice got him. Chey walked over to Alice. "Hey, you ok kid? Freakazoid here didn't rough you up TOO bad, did he?" She asked with concern. She couldn't help but wonder WHY Ono had gone after Alice and Bruce of all people..... it's not like it wasn't common knowledge whose children they were, going after them was nothing short of insane.......

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 2/9/2011, 10:46 am

"I don't know about any of you, but I'm not here to play detective. I'm not Batman, I'm signed up to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but we're out of both apparently." Reaper snorted crossing his arms after discarding his handgun back into his holster.

Alice shoved all sympathy aside and tried to push away from Nightwing. "I'm fine. I'm not some little damsel in distress, I can take care of myself!" She tossed the club down as Batmen reported what was going on to the chain of command. Alice wiped her long hair out of her face and looked away from the action.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 2/9/2011, 10:48 am

Upon hearing the voice in her comlink, Dommino came to a screeching halt and wave for her team to do so as well. Wow, that was weird that she had her own team, Dommino had never lead a team before and she hoped that she didn't screw it up. Especially if someone lost their life. Placing a hand over her comlink, she responded to the mysterious person, "Yes, I understand." she probably wouldn't comply to the demands, depending on what they were, but she still listened, in fear that the psycho would blow up the bridge while they were still on it. "Who are you and what do you want?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 2/9/2011, 11:18 am

The voice cracled over the comlink to Dommino. "You may refer to me as Kestrel, if you must have a name." The voice replied, sharp and to the point. "As for what I want, you have something that belongs to us. we would very much like her back." Kestrel said in demand. Of coruse he was adressing the red eyed sniper with this comment. Obviously, there was something rather important about her......

"You knew what you were signing up for- we're a mercy squad, not the SWAT team." Cassius said to Reaper. Oh to be sure, he knew someone was going to get their ass whupped at SOME point in this operation, but their first and foremost priority was to find all the kidnapped kids, not go around bashing heads.

Backarat didn't bother to whip out his weapons and go gung-ho like everyone else- He doubted it would be beneficial for a government squad to show up guns blazing at a sight like this, like Cassius said. He sighed, shook his head, and pretended he didn't know any of the people gathered before him....

"I never sa- oh forget it." Nightwing said, turning back to Onomatopoeia and away from Alice. If alice wanted to play little miss tough, power to her- besides, she no doubt was going to have every bat in a twenty mile radius flocking around her, she might as well get other work done. Since the Bats were all taking care of Alice, she figured she'd find out more about their assaliant. She patched her Comm over to Oracle. "Hey, Bosswoman, what can you tell me about this kook anyways?" She asked Alice.

Jenga caught Dominno's signal to stop and obeyed. "Hm, what is it?" He asked her curiously, noticing her putting attention to her Comm. He checked to see if any of his gear had also re- activatted, but no such luck.....

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 2/9/2011, 11:43 am

"Hold up a sec, Jeng." Dommino replied. "I'm getting a some info on the situation." she told him before switching back to her comlink. "You mean this little gal here?" she motioned towards the girl in grip, she figured that Kestrel was watching them at the moment. "I'm not too keen on that idea, pal. Why don't you come out so we can have a face to face. The kid seems safer in our care."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 2/9/2011, 11:52 am

Oracle spun in her chair and accessed her databanks, "Go for Oracle Nightwing. Onomatopoeia is a serial killer who targets non-powered, vigilante superheroes. He earned his name because he imitates noises around him, such as dripping taps, gunshots etc. It seems that he may be able to perfectly imitate these sounds but that has been left ambiguous. He invariably carries two semiautomatic handguns, and army knife, and is a skilled unarmed combatant. He has a dead brother, a wife, a child, and his name is... unknown. Five, eleven, weighs about one-eighty? Funny looking mask. Looks like it came straight out of a comic book or something. That all you need? I can dig up some more information and do a background check on him; maybe I can get you a name."

Reaper spat in his mask and realized how much of a bad idea that was. He didn't mind though, it would only feel uncomfortable for a little while. "I'm the only one here without live rounds, I know what this job description entails. Everyone else might carry them just in case but I have no intent on killing anyone here." Reaper told Cassius. "Plus what are Batmen for anyway? What's the bloody holdup?"

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 3/17/2011, 4:30 pm

Karmy shook her head to regain some composure. "Yeah, don't worry, I'm fine." she assured Jacob before stepping out of the bathroom and into the dark hallway. Bare feet echoing on the hardwood floor, she headed towards the front door and stepped into her galoshes. Even though it was September, it was still rather chilly around their far north Alaskan home, so dressing warm was always smart. Boots and a sweater was all Karmy needed when she stepped out into the night air, goose bumps covering her legs as she walked down the steps. Why was she going out right now, she didn't really know herself. She didn't want to go far, or people would start to worry. Mainly Robert and anyone who kept an eye on her tracer. So, she simply walked down to the small pier they had in front of their house, her heavy boots crunching on the pebble stone beach.

"That figures..." Karmy mumbled, looking up at the moon. A full moon. A beautiful sight, but an omen believed to bring chaos and madness. Lifes funny like that. Sitting down in the middle of the pier, Karmy pulled out her phone, punched in a number and waited for an answer. "Alice?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 3/17/2011, 4:37 pm

Oracle had finished up a background check on Onomatopoeia when a window popped up on her screen. "Caller I.D. Karmy Anderson: Answer/Ignore" She sighed and wiped her eyes pressed "Answer" on the touchscreen.

"Oracle here, up Karmy?" She asked spinning in her wheelchair with her head hung back.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 3/17/2011, 7:31 pm

"Heyyy.. buddy.." Karmy greeted her best friend. "Hows everything been.. over there..?" she asked.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 3/17/2011, 7:45 pm

Oracle looked at the screen passing by during her rotation in her wheelchair and mumbled unexpressively. "Things have been normal as usual. Dick's daughter got kidnapped this morning by some psycho. What's the nature of this call Karmy?" she yawned, it was far too early to be working. It wasn't like she had a choice when things got serious.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 3/17/2011, 10:14 pm

"Oh well, I just need someone to talk to." Karmy slid to the edge of the pier and climbed into the small wooden motor boat that the Bay family kept for various reasons. Once inside, she curled up into a ball at the bottom of the boat, still holding the phone to her ear. "Al.. I was scared... Yesterday.."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 3/17/2011, 11:44 pm

Oracle looked behind her to her locked door. She would often get a strange sensation that someone was walking up behind her even though all the doors and windows in her house were locked with top notch security. Still, the thought of someone coming up behind you with a shovel. To thrust through your spine.

"Does that mean you're not going to be coming over anymore?" Oracle asked, "That usually doesn't happen in a normal Gotham Day.. okay yeah so I'm lying. This stuff happens every day. But you know. It's Superhero sh*t. Gotta expect it."

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 3/18/2011, 8:26 am

"Of course I'll be coming over, but I don't know." Karmy sighed. After such a long time, she had gotten used to Alices moods and tones, so, even though she knew that Alice was in a mood and she probably shouldnt be talking to her, she went on. "I wasn't scared for myself, no, I could handle all that fighting. after so many years, its just routine." she said. "Jaime got smoke inhilation. My baby boy got hurt today. What if the bullet had bounced off at and hit him? Goddamn, I just.." her breathing was ragged and shaky, almost to the point of hyperventilation. "I never want my boys to get involved in that."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa on 3/18/2011, 9:44 am

"Damn, I didn't even get one hit in." Ironmask lamented, not at all happy that her fight had been taken from her by that little girl. "What a waste of a chase!" She, like her partner, vanished into an alleyway.
---
Dani watched the motionless sniper. Poor girl walked into this herself. She got trussed up and now she's being used as bait for-what was that guy's name? Kestral? Reminds me of popcorn for some reason.

(Terribly sorry I haven't been on much lately.)

Global Mod
Global Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 3/18/2011, 10:29 am

Looking at numbers and figures flying down her screen, Oracle listened intently to her best friend's problems. "Karmy, you know that not everyone chooses the life of a hero, it's usually forced on them. Some of us really don't have a choice, and destiny is crafted into their hands. It's not up to you if your children are heroes or not." Oracle explained giving her basic knowledge of heroism in the recent decades.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 3/18/2011, 11:32 am

Chey continued to try and patch through to Oracle to ask more, but the continuous 'line busy' made her figure that she might as well drop the attempt. She turned to her adoptive mother and nodded in agreement. "Might as well. sure as hell getting nowhere with THIS." She said, flicking her comm. She procured a pair of cuffs from her gauntlets and slapped them on Ono's legs and arms, and releived him of his weaponry, like she had to a thousand criminals prior. She hauled the unconcious nut up and tapped her com to make it Patch to Terry. "Hey, I've got tall dark and crazy here. Think you can get over here with the car so we can drag him back to HQ? Mine is scattered all over the hightway." She asked remembering that Ono had splattered her car all over the road. She felt bad that her first meet- up with her mother in a while had to be like this, but work was work she supposed......

Kestral took a breif pause before continuing. "Meet face to face, huh?" he inquired. "We'll play it your way. Dock fifteen. In half an hour. I'll be there, and if you want me to not blow a megawatt payload of explosives, you'll bring the kid and give her up to us." Kestrel said threateningly......

Cassius almost continued his debate with Reaper, but figured he really wouldn't be accomplishing much on that front. Instead of bashing heads, they needed to be making progress. "Look, let's just do what we came here for. YOu three." Cassius turned to Adela and the others. "Talk to the authorites here. Find out anything and everything you can about befor,e during, and after the dissapearances. And I mean EVERYTHING." He ordered. He then turned to Reaper. "As for YOU, you and I are heading to the police station. A traffic camera or something might have caught more specifics on what happened." He ordered. "That clear?" He asked his team.

However, Casisus's team wasn't alone. The sniper from the woods hadn't jsut packed his bags and left with his tail betwene his legs. He was still perche don a rooftop, waiting for a happy opportunity.....

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Disclaimer
Our DC Comics Fanbase community does not own any copywritten material owned by DC Comics Inc. All rights are reserved to the owners.