Let's get deep

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Let's get deep

Post by Ghost on 8/30/2010, 1:08 am

I'm not really sure how many of you are interested in this sort of crap, but basically, from time to time I like to take a seat with a friend/few friends, get somewhat tipsy off whatever there is to drink, and just talk about anything and everything "deep" in life. Examples? Where does time go? Are our futures predestined? Are we forever trapped in this vicious cycle of life? What happens after death? While my friends and my topics range from lesbians to literature, we always have a great time discussing and debating things that just aren't talked about a lot. Seeing as I enjoy doing that sort of thing quite a lot, and seeing as I won't be able to have these "get togethers" with a lot of those people I usually do that sort of thing with (most are graduating), I thought I'd try my hand out here. No drinks required, just some opinions. If it's not your thing, don't be afraid to just hit that "back" button and move on. Cheers.

Let me start off this topic with a hopefully brief explanation. This past summer has been amazing and life changing in many ways for me. While I won't bore you with petty details and stories (as I normally would with my group), I will say that the thought of this summer ending never crossed my mind once. Ironically, here I am wondering just where did all that time go? All I have left of this past summer's events are memories and a few photographs (some of which I don't even remember being in). It's been a crazy and fun learning experience, and yet here I sit feeling disappointed and empty. I'm not bitching about it, just noticing how it really doesn't make sense. Any thoughts of your own? Opinions?

Now, let me wrap this up by saying, I understand some people are going to immediately think, "What the hell is this clown doing posting this crap on titans.4umer.com?" I can completely empathize with that question. I'd be thinking the exact same thing, too, were someone to make a topic such as this before me. However, seeing as I've been on this site for almost a year (not too long compared to others, but still), I feel like I've "met" some great people and some.. interesting.. ones, and I can honestly say I can call quite a lot of people here friends. Nerdy? Weird? You betcha. Then again, maybe not. Who the hell knows or cares? I'm having a blast. Smile
Ghost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's get deep

Post by Vandal on 8/30/2010, 8:36 am

Hahaha, sure do know how to make me laugh when you want to Ghost, though not at the topic, the humor in it... Just.. Making sure.

But yeah, I can't believe its August coming on September. In a couple of days it would be my first year this site dawned on me. That fateful lonely night I finished watching every damn episode of South Park then for some reason craved Teen Titans.

2010 is almost gone, and I feel it hasn't even started.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost on 8/30/2010, 8:03 pm

It was meant to be humorous haha

You went from watching South Park to craving Teen Titans...? lol odd.

I somehow got a craving for the show when my little cousin visited last year and was watching the final season. Seeing as I had nothing better to do and I remembered the show, I sat and watched with her. Then that fateful moment came when I saw "Things Change" and the words, "What the *censored*" popped in my head. I then wondered if by some miracle the series had continued and I stumbled upon this place. Ironically, I didn't join right away.. I joined after Luck found it, too, and been here ever since Razz It's been a long time.. Weird.. I wonder what my first post was..
Ghost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 8/30/2010, 8:40 pm

Hmmm allow me to venture out and search for it..

I'll tell you about the whole South Park thing in due time XP

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 8/30/2010, 8:47 pm

Here we are! So glad to have you with us Ghost :D

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel on 8/30/2010, 9:56 pm

I think this is a great topic idea! I'm surprised it hasn't come up sooner...
But yeah you gonna start us off Ghost?
archiesangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost on 9/2/2010, 11:11 pm

Wow fail on my part. Should've posted somethin' earlier haha
But, then again I've been sick n busy with work sooooo....

Aite, and moving on...

I know this is highly cliched, but what are some of your guys' biggest fears? What are some things you absolutely cannot stand and would possibly die at the sight (or any other sense) of? I have a few: regret, myself, and spiders. Odd combo? Hell yeah. Let me explain.

No matter what I do, I tend to always take a safe path that will either make me happy in the end, or not hurt me at all. Why? Because I can't stand regret. That feeling of "Oh, darn! Can't do anything about that now because it's too late!" flips me out, usually making me fall into a downward spiral. I love having control of my situations, and when I regret something, I feel I don't have that control.

While this is probably gonna sound weird, I'm afraid of myself because - another cliche - I truly believe that you are your own worst enemy. Ironically, at the same time, I believe anyone and everyone can achieve as long as he/she works hard and doesn't miss an opportunity life throws at him/her. Still, despite my belief, I can still doubt myself, be lazy, or just make a stupid mistake (I'm not perfect Razz), and then hurt myself. It's an eerie thought...

Lastly, spiders - the most simple fear of mine. Well, what can I say? They're damn creepy in the way they look and move. My fear of them began at the age of 7 when I woke up with 5 spiders around my body. To this day I don't know why the hell they were there, but all I know is I slipped out and ran to my mom. Stupid *censored* spiders...
Ghost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel on 9/3/2010, 4:40 pm

Hmmm fears... Mine would proly have to be spiders, thunder, and I guess becoming utterly useless/worthless.

I saw a horrid black and white movie when I was five or six where this giant spider ate a family and I have an aweful fear of them. Freezing up and all that jazz. Freaked me way out.

Thunder because I always felt like it was someone yelling at me (proly cause i was always getting yelled at by my rents) and coming to well i don't know... hurt me? I pretty much had to handle it on my own too so I guess I've never really been able to handle it well.

I haven't had all that hard of a childhood but I was put down and kind of rejected so there is alot of times where I felt completely worthless. I guess that would be my ultimate fear tho that when I fail or can't be of service/ use anymore I'll get "throw out" or whatever.

Oh and yeah I agree with you Ghost, you CAN be your own worst enemy. It sucks...
archiesangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/8/2010, 1:58 am

I didn't know what my greatest fear was until today.

My friend took me out to lunch and we talked about church, love, and marriage. His parents aren't in love the way they were when they first met and neither are my parents. And yet there's a family we know of a couple who still love each other the way they did when they first met and they're 70 years old. Still flirting with each other, and their heart still races whenever they hold hands.

My fear is that when eventually I get married that my love for my spouse will eventually die down. That's how my ex became my ex.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 9/9/2010, 10:19 am

Ah, fear. Mine are, from least to greatest:

Number one, Gorrilas.
I can take snakes, spiders, and all other manner of sterotypically creepy stuff, but I am honestly afraid of Gorrilas.

Number two, lonliness.
This one stems from some realy personal reasons I don't feel like blurting out for all sundry to see, but loneliness just... bleh.

Number three, uselessness.
I've allways had this fear that if someone didn't need me anymore, they'd stop caring about me, that people only needed me around for their benefit and wouldn't look at me if they perceived me as unhelpful. I suppose it's a bit of an irrational fear, but still, it's one thing that allways is like a driving nail in the back of my head. Looking back I suppose it stems form middle and early high school, in which people would be my 'friend', swindle me blind until I had nothing left to swindle, then not give me so much as a passing glance afterwards.

yeah, I'm paranoid, say it.

Number four, the afterlife.
Here we go.....
I was raised a good lil' Catholic through the efforts of my dad, but I've allways questioned some elements of my faith, nameley the one question i'm sure everyone asks at least once in their life: What happens when we inevitably give up the ghost? I've spent many a night staring at my celing fan wondering if we go to a utopia if we were good and burn if we're bad, like the books say, or if we just blank out and vanish into nothingness, like I secretly fear? I dunno, maybe there's a third option and I'll be in for a shock when it happens. Who knows.

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain on 9/10/2010, 2:33 am

Yeah red, I know how that all is.
I guess my greatest fear is that the people I love the most will leave me. Whether they're leaving the state, leaving my presence, or leaving this world, I just can't let go of things... I have all these little trinkets that once belonged to those close to me or pictures of friends that I hold on to and look at every now and then because I can't let go. I have all these insecurities and inferiority complexes that come from my childhood and I can't overcome it easily... sometimes I feel bad about somebody that I miss or I might be stewing over some bad memory so I'd write a poem or something, drink alcohol and even eperiment with some drugs just to take my mind off of things. Sometimes I think god hates me, which leads me to fear that there is no god. Sometimes I stare at the ceiling in a drunken stupor and wonder why I'm still alive and how I've managed to survive some of the things that I have been through. I used to have these random emotional outbursts and even though I've managed to limit them, I still feel like I'm gonna lose my mind. The truth is I'm just a lonely person who's terrified of life.

I pray that every passing hour your hearts may bruise and beat, I pray that every step you take may bruise and burn your feet.
Rain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SnowFallsSlow on 9/10/2010, 8:06 pm

Fears?

I'm afraid of making my parents' mistakes.

I'm afraid of never making my own mistakes.

I'm afraid I'll end up alone forever.

I'm afraid that my book won't be good enough to sell.

I'm afraid that everything will keep crashing down around me in my life, and that this funk will never end.

I'm afraid I won't be able to go to college.

I guess... I'm afraid.

Well, I am an artist.
My keyboard is my brush, my mind the paint I spread.
My vocabulary makes my palette, and my art is in my head!
SnowFallsSlow
Global Mod
Global Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa on 9/10/2010, 8:32 pm

My own fears I won't be sharing, because at some point in life, there isn't much to fear. It all depends on your point of view, I suppose. What I fear today won't be what I fear tomorrow. What I fear today isn't what I feared yesterday. Goals change. People change. I can't list my own fears when I have no idea what they really are.

But, for you guys, I read this and smiled. Don't fear life.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"-Unknown

Global Mod
Global Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Music_Hero2779 on 9/10/2010, 10:04 pm

Love that quote Abs! "Life sucks but we live it anyways" Is one of my personal fave quotes on life. But this reminds me of what my neighbor told me once:

"Why worry or fear? There's only two things to worry about; If your healthy, or if your sick. If your healthy, you got nothing to worry about. If your sick you have only two things to worry about; if you live or if you die. If you live, you got nothing to worry about. If you die you have two things to worry about; If you go to heaven or hell. If you go to heaven, you got nothing to worry about. If you go to hell, you'll be so busy partying with friends you won't have time to worry. So why worry?"- John Moller, Music Hero's biker neighbor & best friend.

View user profile http://www.kaminthestars.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake on 9/10/2010, 11:19 pm

All of your worst fears are going to come true.

Quake and tremble.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain on 9/12/2010, 11:30 pm

Naked Snake wrote:All of your worst fears are going to come true.

Quake and tremble.
Lol. It's cute that you have nothing to contribute to this conversation. You must be a heck of a guy to have the gall to say that.

I pray that every passing hour your hearts may bruise and beat, I pray that every step you take may bruise and burn your feet.
Rain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake on 9/13/2010, 12:58 am

Rain wrote:

Quake and tremble.
Lol. It's cute that you have nothing to contribute to this conversation. You must be a heck of a guy to have the gall to say that.

And you must be a heck of a guy to have the gall to show your internet-face in this place after that melodramatic wall of text you left about how you were leaving forever. You and I, we apparently define "forever" in very different fashions. I define forever as "a span of time stretching into the infinite," whereas you seem to define it as "however long I can stay away from the forum without looking like a putz when I inevitably come back."

Now, if you would like me to contribute to the conversation--I believe the title of the thread is "Let's Get Deep," meaning conversations about weighty matters and not, as I at first assumed, something naughty--I would be more than happy to. Rest assured, I am quite ready to write and publish a lengthy psychological dissection of the need to draw attention to oneself through sweeping gestures--such as, for instance, publicly and emotionally bidding farewell to an online social community--for the sake of self-validation via the heartfelt pleas and warm words of the people who would rather not see you go. I could also include a sub-section on returning to the site where such a vow was made, unapologetically reinserting oneself into the community as though no such attention-whoring ever transpired, perhaps speculating that such a return will eventually culminate in yet another departure with another promise to never return, as part of a cycle that the attention-seeker will have grown dependent on. I could also just drop all pretenses and call you a complete tool for pulling that kind of emotionally-manipulative crap and then having the stones to go back on your word, but if you insist on keeping it at a "deep" level, then I can do that too.

Or, if you prefer, I can stick to making the occasional sarcastic quip, rather than give you the public castigation that you so richly deserve. You make the call. Wink

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain on 9/13/2010, 1:50 am

Naked Snake wrote:
Rain wrote:

Quake and tremble.

And you must be a heck of a guy to have the gall to show your internet-face in this place after that melodramatic wall of text you left about how you were leaving forever. You and I, we apparently define "forever" in very different fashions. I define forever as "a span of time stretching into the infinite," whereas you seem to define it as "however long I can stay away from the forum without looking like a putz when I inevitably come back."

Now, if you would like me to contribute to the conversation--I believe the title of the thread is "Let's Get Deep," meaning conversations about weighty matters and not, as I at first assumed, something naughty--I would be more than happy to. Rest assured, I am quite ready to write and publish a lengthy psychological dissection of the need to draw attention to oneself through sweeping gestures--such as, for instance, publicly and emotionally bidding farewell to an online social community--for the sake of self-validation via the heartfelt pleas and warm words of the people who would rather not see you go. I could also include a sub-section on returning to the site where such a vow was made, unapologetically reinserting oneself into the community as though no such attention-whoring ever transpired, perhaps speculating that such a return will eventually culminate in yet another departure with another promise to never return, as part of a cycle that the attention-seeker will have grown dependent on. I could also just drop all pretenses and call you a complete tool for pulling that kind of emotionally-manipulative crap and then having the stones to go back on your word, but if you insist on keeping it at a "deep" level, then I can do that too.

Or, if you prefer, I can stick to making the occasional sarcastic quip, rather than give you the public castigation that you so richly deserve. You make the call. Wink

In all reality, I never did plan on returning. I was but a few months away from joining boot camp and no longer even had a computer. The reason I returned to even read what was posted was to tell you to off, considering the negativity of the statement you left on that post. I never once read a single word typed by any other person.
Granted... I am back. I was blessed with wind, and my fortunes have changed. I even got the computer back after a few months without it. I honestly and sincerely appologize to everybody that I seemingly manipulated. It was not meant to be so. Complete mistake on my part as the result of my immaturity. I should have said that I was leaving for a while OR forever. See, when my father died, I was at a loss. Aside from being emotionally traumatized, my family became financially strapped. We had bills to pay, I didn't have a job and I couldn't afford college. Choosing to sell many valuables that I owned in order to stay afloat, I pitched my computer for a couple hundred dollars, opting to use the library for research and homework.
So.. there you have it. MY BAD. I know my mistake, and I deeply regret not being more specific with all of you. You all deserved better than that.
But let me ask you... what kind of human being tells another to "Not let the door take their will to live on the way out?" I have a history of mental illness... how could you say that...?
You may be smart, but I think that your comments tend to be sardonic and vindictive. I think your entire M.O. is to appear to be some ambiguos and enigmatic intellectual who says what ever the hell he feels like and get away with it. I think you open your mouth when you shouldn't, I think you are inordinately conceited and I think that you are a boisterous rat. I think you also take glee in grabbing attention as I do to an extent, but (entirely unlike me) don't find self gratification in hearing peoples reaction at face. Rather, you enjoy the adoration that comes from being talked about in the third person, from the shadows. I (and many others) have always felt that you say rash and cruel things about young people that you know are just struggling to find their way through life, and rather than help people with kindness and generosity you VINDICATE them and make them feel foolish and insignificant, playing upon their biases and the natural frustration that comes to adolescents. I'm not saying you are evil but rather ignorant, because I honestly believe that you aren't aware that you it's a choice to act that way. I may be wrong, but that is my perception and it's based upon your actions here on this forum. I used to defend you. I used to tell others to put what you say in perspective. I'd explain things to them, saying that you weren't trying to be mean but rather honest, and that you are easily misconstrued. You were right about a lot of things... including this to very small degree, but I think that you take too much from the frustration of others, regardless of whether or not you choose to acknowledge it. People here practically suck u dry just to make it feel like a community, to feel a sense of camaraderie. But it's all just a dillusion. Perhaps the next time you speak to somebody, you can try being a little bit more rogerian. Maybe you can calmly explain to some of our members in lamens terms why something is a bad idea or why it doesn't work.
You certainly have the capacity to, and if you worked a little harder, you could probably be a pretty nice guy.
The only thing that ever consoles man for the stupid things he does is the praise he always gives himself for doing them.
I think I'll take my chances by having you make that call.

Rain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake on 9/13/2010, 2:36 pm

In all reality, I never did plan on returning.

Real shame, that.

The reason I returned to even read what was posted was to tell you to off, considering the negativity of the statement you left on that post. I never once read a single word typed by any other person.

Wait, wait a second, hold up. The reason you returned was to tell me off, but you wouldn't have been able to know that I'd left a scathing rebuttal to your attention whoring...unless, of course, if you had returned for some purpose other than to tell me off. Say, for instance, to soak up like a sponge the affection that the other regulars on the forum left for you. From there, it doesn't take much brainpower to conclude that, despite your cries to the contrary, your sappy speech was little more than a textbook case of attention whoring. Sorry, but your attempts at retconning history are unsuccessful.

I even got the computer back after a few months without it. I honestly and sincerely appologize to everybody that I seemingly manipulated. It was not meant to be so. Complete mistake on my part as the result of my immaturity. I should have said that I was leaving for a while OR forever. See, when my father died, I was at a loss. Aside from being emotionally traumatized, my family became financially strapped. We had bills to pay, I didn't have a job and I couldn't afford college. Choosing to sell many valuables that I owned in order to stay afloat, I pitched my computer for a couple hundred dollars, opting to use the library for research and homework.

You know what else is a textbook case of attention whoring? Deliberately mentioning every negative circumstance in your life in an effort to curry sympathy. You know what wouldn't have been a textbook case of attention whoring? Saying "I had to pawn my computer to get a couple extra bucks. There were some financial difficulties that took precedence over the convenience that it offered." Now, I'm of the school of thought that ones' problems are ones' own business. You choose who to share your life story with. I don't doubt that there are more than a few people on this very forum who you'd feel comfortable sharing your life with. That, however, is a private matter, between you and whoever it is you're talking to. Why in God's name anybody would ever choose to use it in the middle of a normal conversation, publicly, where everybody could see it--from a rhetorical standpoint, it doesn't make sense. From an argumentative standpoint, it makes no sense. There is no reason for you to say any of that, besides stirring up sympathy for yourself.

That said, my condolences on your father and your financial problems. But however you dealt with it in your everyday life, you dealt with it on here in the absolute pissiest manner there is.

But let me ask you... what kind of human being tells another to "Not let the door take their will to live on the way out?" I have a history of mental illness... how could you say that...?

You have a history of mental illness? How could I possibly have missed that, given the way you brought it up constantly?!

I'll tell you what kind of human being could say something so callous. The kind of human being who gets easily fed up with people bawwwing about all their various problems to everybody who will listen. The kind of human being who looks at people wearing their hearts and neuroses and pasts on their sleeves and just wants to throw them on the compost heap of society. The kind of human being who got fed up with Dakari-King Mykan's whinging after six minutes.

You frakking titled your LEAVING 4EVAR thread "How Teen Titans saved my life." That's supposed to be sympathetic? You think you're going to garner support from people by dramatizing how children's television gave you the will to live? I don't care how "sardonic and vindictive" it makes me seem--that isn't sympathetic. That's ridiculous. That is laughable. And that is how I could dare to say that.

You may be smart, but I think that your comments tend to be sardonic and vindictive.

"Rain of Tears?" Mo' liek "Rain of Stating the Obvious." Amirite gaiz?

I think your entire M.O. is to appear to be some ambiguos and enigmatic intellectual who says what ever the hell he feels like and get away with it. I think you open your mouth when you shouldn't, I think you are inordinately conceited and I think that you are a boisterous rat.

Guilty as charged. But a pretentious douche with an attention whore complex, I am not.

I think you also take glee in grabbing attention as I do to an extent, but (entirely unlike me) don't find self gratification in hearing peoples reaction at face. Rather, you enjoy the adoration that comes from being talked about in the third person, from the shadows. I (and many others) have always felt that you say rash and cruel things about young people that you know are just struggling to find their way through life, and rather than help people with kindness and generosity you VINDICATE them and make them feel foolish and insignificant, playing upon their biases and the natural frustration that comes to adolescents. I'm not saying you are evil but rather ignorant, because I honestly believe that you aren't aware that you it's a choice to act that way. I may be wrong, but that is my perception and it's based upon your actions here on this forum. I used to defend you. I used to tell others to put what you say in perspective. I'd explain things to them, saying that you weren't trying to be mean but rather honest, and that you are easily misconstrued. You were right about a lot of things... including this to very small degree, but I think that you take too much from the frustration of others, regardless of whether or not you choose to acknowledge it. People here practically suck u dry just to make it feel like a community, to feel a sense of camaraderie. But it's all just a dillusion. Perhaps the next time you speak to somebody, you can try being a little bit more rogerian. Maybe you can calmly explain to some of our members in lamens terms why something is a bad idea or why it doesn't work.
You certainly have the capacity to, and if you worked a little harder, you could probably be a pretty nice guy.
The only thing that ever consoles man for the stupid things he does is the praise he always gives himself for doing them.

Unless your keyboard came back without an enter key, you don't have an excuse for writing walls of text.

By the by, if you ever feel like giving me the ol' armchair psychologist's once-over again, save yourself the time and effort and just forget about it. One of the joys of being "ambiguous and enigmatic," is that nobody can get a bead on you and use your own personality as a means of breaking you down.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain on 9/13/2010, 3:39 pm

Naked Snake wrote:
In all reality, I never did plan on returning.

Real shame, that.

The reason I returned to even read what was posted was to tell you to off, considering the negativity of the statement you left on that post. I never once read a single word typed by any other person.

Wait, wait a second, hold up. The reason you returned was to tell me off, but you wouldn't have been able to know that I'd left a scathing rebuttal to your attention whoring...unless, of course, if you had returned for some purpose other than to tell me off. Say, for instance, to soak up like a sponge the affection that the other regulars on the forum left for you. From there, it doesn't take much brainpower to conclude that, despite your cries to the contrary, your sappy speech was little more than a textbook case of attention whoring. Sorry, but your attempts at retconning history are unsuccessful.

I even got the computer back after a few months without it. I honestly and sincerely appologize to everybody that I seemingly manipulated. It was not meant to be so. Complete mistake on my part as the result of my immaturity. I should have said that I was leaving for a while OR forever. See, when my father died, I was at a loss. Aside from being emotionally traumatized, my family became financially strapped. We had bills to pay, I didn't have a job and I couldn't afford college. Choosing to sell many valuables that I owned in order to stay afloat, I pitched my computer for a couple hundred dollars, opting to use the library for research and homework.

You know what else is a textbook case of attention whoring? Deliberately mentioning every negative circumstance in your life in an effort to curry sympathy. You know what wouldn't have been a textbook case of attention whoring? Saying "I had to pawn my computer to get a couple extra bucks. There were some financial difficulties that took precedence over the convenience that it offered." Now, I'm of the school of thought that ones' problems are ones' own business. You choose who to share your life story with. I don't doubt that there are more than a few people on this very forum who you'd feel comfortable sharing your life with. That, however, is a private matter, between you and whoever it is you're talking to. Why in God's name anybody would ever choose to use it in the middle of a normal conversation, publicly, where everybody could see it--from a rhetorical standpoint, it doesn't make sense. From an argumentative standpoint, it makes no sense. There is no reason for you to say any of that, besides stirring up sympathy for yourself.

That said, my condolences on your father and your financial problems. But however you dealt with it in your everyday life, you dealt with it on here in the absolute pissiest manner there is.

You have a history of mental illness? How could I possibly have missed that, given the way you brought it up constantly?!

I'll tell you what kind of human being could say something so callous. The kind of human being who gets easily fed up with people bawwwing about all their various problems to everybody who will listen. The kind of human being who looks at people wearing their hearts and neuroses and pasts on their sleeves and just wants to throw them on the compost heap of society. The kind of human being who got fed up with Dakari-King Mykan's whinging after six minutes.

You frakking titled your LEAVING 4EVAR thread "How Teen Titans saved my life." That's supposed to be sympathetic? You think you're going to garner support from people by dramatizing how children's television gave you the will to live? I don't care how "sardonic and vindictive" it makes me seem--that isn't sympathetic. That's ridiculous. That is laughable. And that is how I could dare to say that.

You may be smart, but I think that your comments tend to be sardonic and vindictive.

"Rain of Tears?" Mo' liek "Rain of Stating the Obvious." Amirite gaiz?

I think your entire M.O. is to appear to be some ambiguos and enigmatic intellectual who says what ever the hell he feels like and get away with it. I think you open your mouth when you shouldn't, I think you are inordinately conceited and I think that you are a boisterous rat.

Guilty as charged. But a pretentious douche with an attention whore complex, I am not.

I think you also take glee in grabbing attention as I do to an extent, but (entirely unlike me) don't find self gratification in hearing peoples reaction at face. Rather, you enjoy the adoration that comes from being talked about in the third person, from the shadows. I (and many others) have always felt that you say rash and cruel things about young people that you know are just struggling to find their way through life, and rather than help people with kindness and generosity you VINDICATE them and make them feel foolish and insignificant, playing upon their biases and the natural frustration that comes to adolescents. I'm not saying you are evil but rather ignorant, because I honestly believe that you aren't aware that you it's a choice to act that way. I may be wrong, but that is my perception and it's based upon your actions here on this forum. I used to defend you. I used to tell others to put what you say in perspective. I'd explain things to them, saying that you weren't trying to be mean but rather honest, and that you are easily misconstrued. You were right about a lot of things... including this to very small degree, but I think that you take too much from the frustration of others, regardless of whether or not you choose to acknowledge it. People here practically suck u dry just to make it feel like a community, to feel a sense of camaraderie. But it's all just a dillusion. Perhaps the next time you speak to somebody, you can try being a little bit more rogerian. Maybe you can calmly explain to some of our members in lamens terms why something is a bad idea or why it doesn't work.

Unless your keyboard came back without an enter key, you don't have an excuse for writing walls of text.

By the by, if you ever feel like giving me the ol' armchair psychologist's once-over again, save yourself the time and effort. One of the joys of being "ambiguous and enigmatic," is that nobody can get a bead on you and use your own personality as a means of breaking you down.

Clearly, I have left something out of my monologue. I was told by another disgruntled member that you were being a cocky P.O.S. so I decided to stop by and say hi. My friends were the ones who asked me to return here (which I did reluctantly), so your argument is a little ill-concieved.

You have done nothing to alter my perception. I come from the school of thought that says man can work and thrive together in a community, sharing their problems and working towards common goals both on a physical and spiritual plane. If others don't want to share their problems then so be it, but real relationships start with one person opening up. I wasn't gathering sympathy, I trying to inspire, and help others realize that sometimes you can gain a lot from little things. I don't want your filthy sympathy or anybody elses. Leave it in a basket on the porch, I'll throw it away later. They're pieces of my past and life... they can teach people things. Show them that mistakes can be attoned for and that hard work can get you out of sticky situations, etc.
I still think you have an attention complex. The only reason you are talking to me right now is because of it! What a LAUGH! I admit my flaws, despite your OBVIOUS misconceptions about my life and intentions, but you take PRIDE in yours! You know you are rude, you know you are spiteful and complacent and yet you revel in it. You think about yourself here, and you wear that on your shoulder. You're a hypocrite, who spends all day pondering what way he will next torment a 13 year old child. I know my faults, I can accept them. Clearly you cannot.

I told you that the way things came out were not the way they were meant to be taken. Just because YOU don't like hearing things doesn't mean you have to rain on everybody elses parade. If my intent to teach others life lessons by sharing my experiences with them BOTHERS you then please, go right ahead and explain your disdain for the american youth in more detail. I'm not mykan, I'm not stupid, and for the last time, I'm not trying to conjur up anybody's sympathy. If I was, I'd have just told EVERYBODY that my father passed away and that I was emotionally traumatized BOO HOO FEEL SORRY FOR ME. Much more effective, no?

I never said a show saved my life directly. I listed a chronological list of events leading up to making friends here, starting with the discovery of a show, which in all reality was the discovery of a person who simply liked the show. It's nice to have people who care about you. Honestly, I'd take a bullet for robin, mercy and karm, and I could care less what you thoughts on that are. Plus, if I've already stated that dark events in my past have been overcome, how am I conjuring up sympathy? How can somebody be sympathetic for somebody who was successful in ending their plight? Again, your logic obviously supersedes my understanding. Relatively speaking, that rules out your entire argument. I tried being nice, hell I even said that you could be a nice guy if you tried. YOU! A NICE GUY! Lol how's that for you?
I made a mistake, one which I will not make again.
Maybe by being so open I do try to attract attention, but I like attention, and I dish my attention back out when due. It's called getting to know people.
I do open myself to criticism, and maybe I do make myself seem weak and fleshy, but I do so gladly because it's what I am.
Clearly, nobody can get a bead on the great Naked Snake... I will pray so that very mechanical and autonomous mindset stays only on this forum, because god help you if you act that way in the real world.
Oh and give the formating a rest already. This isn't english class.

Rain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 9/13/2010, 3:47 pm

Ok you two, this has dragged on long enough. Really, enough is enough. Just drop it.

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 on 9/13/2010, 3:56 pm

You may have your opinions and views about one another, but it doesn't need to be broadcasted to the entire forum like this. In fact, its better kept to yourselves.

You've proven to me that you both have no self-restraint. You've both shown very little class in these biting, spiteful messages you've been posting to each other. There is no justification in tearing each other down like this. This is isn't even about constructive criticism or who's wronged who or who's the sorrier excuse for a human being; its just pure animosity. You are both grown men. Please act like it. Seriously, the way you've both been carrying on is inexcuseable and uncivilized. I don't see the point in calling each other out on your faults, what negative impressions you've made on each other. It will just keep this pointless controversy up and runnin'. You both need to learn to bite your tounges and stop throwing vindictive jabs at each other. I like people who speak their minds with candor, but I believe some things ARE better left unsaid. How you guys have carried on is NOT the way you are supposed to treat other people. You guys don't like each other. Ok. But you are wrong to display it so openly and shamelessly and pretend you are JUST in what you have been posting because you think ''the other guy had it coming.'' This must cease. Period.

You never have a second attempt at a first impression. -thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost on 9/13/2010, 8:58 pm

Huh... And here I thought this topic got interesting after seeing there were now TWO pages of posts. But, it was just two guys flaming one another. Damn

I don't really see this conversation/argument going anywhere (although, thumbs up on the grammar and vocabulary guys - your essays n writing must be great), but, honestly, how did this even start? It still makes no sense. Snake was just being Snake, n I didn't really see a need or reason to start sh*t. I'm not taking sides (If I come across as I am, shaaaaaaaame on me Wink), but this seems pretty pointless.

Come on, you're both way more mature than this. Chill.

Ghost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Music_Hero2779 on 9/13/2010, 9:07 pm

Ghost: The Dude with all the Sense

New Title for ya Ghost cause I'm seeing a whole site war coming on. God, Rain & Snake you two are acting like the gals on the Vampire Sucks Movie commerical with the shovels. Team Rain and Snake then? Or are we all just gonna say how awsome that movie must be & how unhelpful this post problly is?

View user profile http://www.kaminthestars.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost on 9/13/2010, 9:14 pm

Haha I appreciate the compliment, Music, but I'm pretty sure Red n Crazy were saying the same thing.

That movie looked terrible. I haven't seen it lol. Still, I wouldn't go so far as to say "Team Rain" and "Team Snake." Both these guys are sick in their own way, but like any guy, when we feel threatened or insulted in any way, we'll fight back. I just found it strange how this sparked. They'll figure it out. If not, it's the Internet. Nothing tangible anyway Wink
Ghost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next