First Impressions

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

First Impressions

Post by Vandal on 9/8/2010, 1:31 am

If this site has taught me one thing, its to never judge someone by their first impression. For every single first impression that I had for all my friends here were proven dead wrong. Its taught me a lot too.

Like how I can still be best friends with an animal loving, vegan, hippie, before I met Karmy I never thought I would make a friend with such opposite views as mine. To be honest, I only said "hi" to her to be polite. Look where that one "hi" got us.

How can I think any differently of an absolutely depressed lonely girl? Well by getting to know Shadow of Darkness and bringing out the best in her I suppose. She's grown so much she even changed her screen name to Robin. We've both grown together in lots of senses.

And how one particular ass hole can actually turn out to be intelligent and well brought up, someone who has a good sense of honor and morals. Rain seemed like the most perfect ass the first time we talked on the chat box, but has proven to be a better friend than most others.

Well those are just to start. Some of my first impressions are lasting impressions [like how I still think Ghost and Luck are awesome], but this is just to start. What was your first impression of any member you can think of?

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First Impressions

Post by Rain on 9/8/2010, 2:22 am

Ahhh... my first impressions.

Shadow- In need of somebody who understood her (thought she was a guy at first lol). I was partially right...

Karm- OBNOXIOUS. She mellowed out tho and started acting like an adult. :D

Mercy- Thought she was sort of controlling, but she turned out to be very sweet and funny. I never imagined I could have so much in common with an Asian girl in florida... The person who perhaps best understands me...

Snake- Thought he was a dick. I was right. He still is a dick, just a selective one. I'll also give him the accolade of being a highly intelligent one.

Germ- Thought he was PIMP. He still is a pimp, he just needs to stop bein lame and come on more. :D

Red- I didn't get along with red at all... I thought he hated me. I was wrong. Nuff said :D

and of course....
RIRI! What a Face
-Riri went from being a robot to a human being! Me and her are good friends. Razz

I pray that every passing hour your hearts may bruise and beat, I pray that every step you take may bruise and burn your feet.
Rain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/8/2010, 2:40 am

Whoa... That What a Face! That's Riri's What a Face! And I love Ria! Wish she came on here more.. Or that I had the discipline to go to her Batman site.. She was really awesome, she is really awesome. And I'm so glad we can work things out that last time I fought with her. I'm so embarrassed now XP

But I also fondly remember kicking around an imaginary chicken in the Chat Box with Karmy, she'd log off and we'd both freak out and she'd come back foaming at her mouth, then glue us to a rocket and blast us to the sun. Good times.. Goooood times.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 9/8/2010, 8:37 am

Good to see that I define the phrase, 'don't judge a book by it's cover' XP If that's the right phrase that I should say to be going by or... something...

Haha, Merc, you were the first person to reply to me on the 'Introduce Yourself' thread, so naturally, I was kinda eager to meet ya. I think you were on vacation or something the week I joined so I had to wait, so I waited. Patience is a virtue Razz Gotta say though, never did expect to get so close to someone on this site o_O

Rain, you were an ass! Sorry to say it man, but I despised you. When I first signed on the the CB, you and... someone else were on, but I only signed on for a minute because I really did have to leave. You were getting all mad at me, making me feel so guilty! Then I said I liked Judas Priest in some thread and we went on from there :3

Red, you've been the nicest guy on here since I joined and you always will be, even though you and I both know that when we're bored, insanity just explodes and stuff like 'facebabies' arise XP

Shadow,you were so quiet! I never thought someone on the internet could be so shy, it's the internet, no one can see you.. I hope. I had to make you smile... My plan worked, muahahahaahha >:3

Snake, you scare me, but fear is a good thing... I guess.

More later when I don't have a headache

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake on 9/8/2010, 9:40 am

This entire forum was once populated by naive, short-sighted teenagers with no conception of how anything worked and a delusion that their meager actions (or, rather, their total inaction) was having any tangible effect on their impossible and pointless-to-pursue goal.

It got better.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/8/2010, 11:27 am

Though most of you may not think or know, Snake helped bring this Site to where it is today. Basically if it weren't for him we'd probably be still wallowing in posts to revive a dead show.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 9/9/2010, 9:48 am

Might as well do eet also:

Mercy: I initialy thought she was a bit too high maintenance, but she's actually really cool and down to earth.

Karms: Oh she was tons of fun, and frankly still is. She has brought out the inner insanity in me. FACEBABIES oDo

Rain: Initially came off as a tad bit of a twerp, but we got to talking and he turned out to be a really cool guy.

The Riddler: I haven't seen mercy since he appeared, I think he killed her..... *sniff* T_T

Darkdark: Was initially very reserved and quiet, but she turne dout to be as hyperactive as the rest of us X3 She's tons of fun, and I enjoy chatting with her.

Abreu7: Very logical yet fun at the same time. She still is, but I think she's dipped a bit further to the crazy side. The plan is working >:3

I'm sure there are others I'm forggeting, but this is all I could come up with oPo

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 9/9/2010, 10:43 am

redhood321 wrote:
The Riddler: I haven't seen mercy since he appeared, I think he killed her..... *sniff* T_T

This made me giggle uncontrolably in class, I have learned my lesson not to look at this site anymore when I'm in there!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/9/2010, 7:42 pm

My first impression with Red... compared to now?

Honest opinion; I thought he was a total geek, someone I thought was like 12 years old. I really had to push my niceness to talk to him. When I figured out he was my age I flipped out! Really though, Red has always made the chance to go out of his way to talk to me whenever I was feeling down and I've been happy to return the offer. He's been a really great friend over the time, and is extremely fun to hang around.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 9/9/2010, 7:45 pm

Dawwwwwwwwwwww, thanks Mercy, that made my evening =D

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/9/2010, 8:07 pm

redhood321 wrote:Dawwwwwwwwwwww, thanks Mercy, that made my evening =D
Heheh, yeahh... well I dunno what you mean by "High Maintenance" o__o...

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 9/9/2010, 8:22 pm

The Riddler wrote:
redhood321 wrote:Dawwwwwwwwwwww, thanks Mercy, that made my evening =D
Heheh, yeahh... well I dunno what you mean by "High Maintenance" o__o...

Yeah cause... The word 'high' and 'Mercy' in the same sentence just does not work at all

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SnowFallsSlow on 9/9/2010, 9:14 pm

Abreu7: She's probably the most interesting first impression I got. I thought she was way older than I was [read: at least in her twenties] and then she turned out to be... well... not. It was probably that highly logical side of her that got to me, plus she was hosting a Trivia Game my first time with her in the CB.

Ty: I thought, initially, that he was helpful and nice. He's the person who invited me to the CB a few minutes after I joined, and also told me where it was. Turns out he's self-centered and a jerk. Probably just wanted somebody to gloat at...

Karma: At first, I thought she was a lot like one of my IRL friends, which is good, but bad. I didn't really trust her at first because of the experiences I'd had with that friend. I sort of held her at arms' length until I realized that she was the one Mercy had told in her art thread "I know you'll love her!" I decided to give her a chance, and it turned out to be that she was all the good parts of that friend -and, more importantly, none of the bad.

Rain: Kind of freaked me out at first. He was really friendly, but I was chatbox shy and certain that anyone who wanted to know something about me wasn't in it for the conversational value, but, you know, a Snow-murdering psycho. He turned out to be a really good friend, and an even better listening ear, something I'd been sorely lacking.

Mercy: Don't laugh, but I thought she was, like, the goddess of the forums. Everyone loved Mercy, wanted to talk to Mercy, was friends with Mercy. Mercy was this perfectamazingohmygoodnesswhywouldsheevertalktome figure in the chatbox; I was way nervous about talking to her and thought I'd say the wrong things and look like an idiot. But, she's seriously down-to-earth, more than a little frazzled by life, and is a great friend. Not to mention all these crazy things we have in common.

Shadow: I wasn't really sure what to think of her at first; she wasn't a big talker in the CB. After, however, I had the apic faip induction into the Insomnios, she and I had a marvelous heart-to-heart and I now consider us good friends.

Red: Red was this super enigma. He was almost always logged into the CB, but constantly AFK, so nothing I said to him at first got through. But he's now a buddy of mine. :3

That's all I've got time for right now, and all I can dredge up out of the old memory logs. I'm off to do some nasty old Pre-Cal.

Well, I am an artist.
My keyboard is my brush, my mind the paint I spread.
My vocabulary makes my palette, and my art is in my head!
SnowFallsSlow
Global Mod
Global Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 9/9/2010, 9:24 pm

I love to see how negatively everyone thought of me when they first met me.... and I love it even more that I proved y'all wrong!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/9/2010, 10:24 pm

SnowFallsSlow. Man something about that name, it got to me seriously. She didn't have an avatar at the time had was really almost refusing to choose one. When we talked in the CB she was a bit shy, but we talked a bit and I asked how she looked like so I could draw her and it ended up looking like one of my best friends. So I flipped out went crazy, and man.. We have SO much in common, I married her for a reason.. I was happy to know she was a writer to, a good one at that. And I really enjoyed Roleplaying with her in ABS. (By the way I still have your characters and the bumpersticker thinggy, though I'm at a block where I don't know how to draw it.. Even with The descriptions.)

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain on 9/10/2010, 1:39 am

The Riddler wrote:I married her for a reason..
E-HEM. I'd like to remind you that YOU ALL married ME, so were married to eachother by legalities.

I pray that every passing hour your hearts may bruise and beat, I pray that every step you take may bruise and burn your feet.
Rain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa on 9/10/2010, 4:58 pm

'Bout time I try this, too. So...In order of when I met them:

Red: The first person to ever PM. I was admittedly nervous at first (I'm pretty sure I was with everyone) but he proved to be a really cool and funny guy. I was surprised to find out how old he was, since he seemed just as insane as everyone else here. He also Figured out I'm a cyborg is an all around good person.

Shadobin: Okay, don't kill me, but at first you gave me the total creeps. Sitting in a corner, never speaking much, death glaring. It was those occasional bursts of your "Happy side" that made me sure you were normal. Er, as normal as anybody on this site could be. And, hey, Happy wrote in pink, you write in red. Maybe she took over...

Rain: You scared me, too. My earliest memory of this site: Falling into a "Trap" of your's on the CB and you killing me. Good times. You did prove to be one of the smartest people I know, and a pretty darn honest one, too.

Karm: Honestly, at first, I didn't like Karms too much. Something about her just rubbed me the wrong way, dunno why. As time wore on, she was just too funny and insane to not like. Glad to call you my friend!

Mercy: You I was afraid I wouldn't be too good friends with. I couldn't find anything to really talk to her about, and she was always just kickin' it back with Karm. The RP gave us a something to talk about, and I found she had a great sense of humor, despite seeming so serious at first. Not to mention an awesome RP master!

Sempai Snow: Right off the bat I got along with you, Sempai. I'm just going to guess it was because she was the first person I met that shared an actual serious interest in writing. At the same time, she had a great sense of humor, easy to talk to. I never thought it was possible to feel so close to somebody over the internet. Pleasure knowin' ya, Sempai!

Have I forgotten anyone?

Global Mod
Global Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Music_Hero2779 on 9/10/2010, 8:30 pm

I am so hurt Abs ;-;
XD Ok not really but how could you forget me?

As for my first immpresstions:

Truth- Everyone scared me. I was just freaked by the Admins and just super jumpy when one entered the chatbox... Ok I was not on the chatbox at all my first couple monthes, but when I finnally did get on I was freaked. I don't know why but I was just worried I'd say somthing wrong (Which I did in some posts and alot on the CB I'm guessing) and piss ya'll off (which I'm sure I did to one of ya). So anyways, first views of everyone?

Mercy- Scared me the most because she sounded so... Well smart and just made me feel sorta small.

Rain- Ego. All to say there, but glad we finnally started talking cause the dude's got great music taste.

Red- Again, scared me. But not as much as everyone else idk why.

Karm- Frist met ya on Ty's RP and got laughing at the joke of a vegan playing as Cy and the meat lover playing BB. Still makes me laugh so I thought you were cool... for a vegan Smile

Ab- You sounded so much like one of my own friends in real life, and you still do so congrats! You didn't scare me xD

Snow- Loved the username, glad I met ya and I'm really glad you were cool enough to give me that link to those online books! (Btw do u still have the link? Cuz I lost it Embarassed )

Snake- Didn't like you at all, but had some respect for ya. Funny that now I like you enough to call you some-what-of-a-pal insted of The-jerk-on-this-site-I-go-to.

I belive that's all for now Smile

View user profile http://www.kaminthestars.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa on 9/11/2010, 10:53 am

Nice quote Mus, your friend sounds wise. Two more I've guiltily forgotten:

Mus: By the time I met her, I was growing used to the site's insanity. Her zany and optimistic attitude at first has proven to be her true nature. A person with great music taste, and always saying things somebody should stitch on a pillow, she's a great friend.

Riri: What can I say about Ri? It was so awesome to know this site had people halfway around the world, so naturally I was excited to meet her. She was funny and laid back, an easy person to become friends with. She's a great friend and forum master, which reminds me I should go check out her forum now...

Global Mod
Global Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna on 9/11/2010, 11:18 am

OWHHHHH I'm glad I found this. lol I don't know where to start. I've been registered for almost two years and I've known so many people in the process. In overall many members come and go, and the forum matured, like Snake said, from naive hopeless people to a cool, awesome team. I guess I'll do when-I-know-them order (aka registration date order XD) of current active members.

Snake - (Yeah he's early) First impression, total ass. Current impression, awesomeness. Nuff said. Wink

Red - Honestly I didn't get to talk to him much in the early days, but after a while, the more I know him the more I learn about his coolness :D

Mus - Didn't know her much at first, but in the process of doing so, she's a very fun girl to talk to, and is one of the people who always make me smile. :D

Mercy - At first I wasn't much interested to this person. But as time goes by we became friends and what Red called "partners in crime". XD She's an awesome friend. Glad we could work things out in that last... uhm... whatever you call it. XDDD

Shadobin - When she came in, it was one of my busy times so I didn't get to know her really well. But when I came to do so, she's a fun, awesome person. Never regretted getting to know her. Smile

Rain - I'm not sure I remember meeting him. o_O XDDDDDDDDDDD JUST KIDDING. He's one of my best buddies ever. Always a cheer-up when I frown and really great listener when I just want to randomly babble about pointless stuff. Razz Glad he joined our forums. Smile

Abs - Abs is one of those people who always give me this positive energy. Whenever she's around whatever I'm feeling right then turns into laughter. A very cool person to hang out with. :D

Karms - Crazy. With all that GLUUUUUUUUUE and insanity that makes me go "WTF", I'm glad she's with us. :D Insanity makes the world go round! (I'll always remember all the random BB pics she used to post in her early posts Razz)

Snow - I first met her at TMB (The Muse Bunny) and she was helping me with TT story ideas. And so, I discovered her writing professionalism. :3 I dragged her all the way here to the forums and we became good friends. :D Though we need to catch up with each other a lot more often XP

That's all for now, do tell if you are somehow forgotten... It's 11 PM here. XD I think I may post First Impressions of past/earlier members tomorrow. Just to add people to the list. Smile

SAVE TEEN TITANS & TEEN TITANS FANBASE BLOGSPOT:
http://savetheteentitans.blogspot.com
[CLOSED]

TEEN TITANS FANBASE SITE: http://teentitansfanbase.webs.com

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD FAN FORUM:
http://batmanbraveandbold.forumotion.net

JUSTICE LEAGUE FAN FORUM:
http://justiceleague.forumotion.net

NEW! YOUNG JUSTICE FAN FORUM:
http://youngjustice.forumotion.com
Riaaanna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake on 9/11/2010, 11:32 am

Snake - (Yeah he's early) First impression, total ass. Current impression, awesomeness. Nuff said.

Both are true, really.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna on 9/11/2010, 11:42 am

Naked Snake wrote:

Snake - (Yeah he's early) First impression, total ass. Current impression, awesomeness. Nuff said.

Both are true, really.

Don't you just love yourself. XD

SAVE TEEN TITANS & TEEN TITANS FANBASE BLOGSPOT:
http://savetheteentitans.blogspot.com
[CLOSED]

TEEN TITANS FANBASE SITE: http://teentitansfanbase.webs.com

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD FAN FORUM:
http://batmanbraveandbold.forumotion.net

JUSTICE LEAGUE FAN FORUM:
http://justiceleague.forumotion.net

NEW! YOUNG JUSTICE FAN FORUM:
http://youngjustice.forumotion.com
Riaaanna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain on 9/11/2010, 3:15 pm

Robin wrote:Rain- When Ty brought Rain to the CB, I was okay with it and then Ty mentioned I don't like jokes. So, Rain did a joke for fun and I just sat there staring at the screen. At first I thought Rain was going to be annoying [Also, because he was one of Ty's friends]. However, I was wrong. Dead wrong. Rain became one of the most important people in my life, he was very understanding to me and my shoulder to lean on. Well, virtually. He's a very nice to talk with, not to mention Charming and Handsome ; ). Rain was actually the person that made me speak out more to the CB I went form Shadow_of_Darkness to Robin. I want to thank Rain for being there :3
Awww... You mean that?

Rain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain on 9/11/2010, 3:36 pm

That made my day <3

Rain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain on 9/11/2010, 7:20 pm

Wouldn't have said it if it wasn't true.

Rain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next