DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now or Later?

5 posters

Go down

Now or Later? Empty Now or Later?

Post by Thecrazykid3649 9/25/2010, 10:19 am

If you had to make a big, BIG decision, would you be more concerned with how it will affect you in the present or how it will affect you down the road? Which do you think is more important?
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

https://www.youtube.com/thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Now or Later? Empty Re: Now or Later?

Post by Rinisa 9/25/2010, 10:47 am

Interesting question, Crazy...

Present and future are both important to me, and I've got good reason to believe it is to everyone. But with most decisions that actually affect you, it's be miserable now, be happy in the future. Be happy now, be miserable in the future. That's how it nearly always appears, anyway.

But the future isn't set in stone, and one day tomorrow will be today. Maybe I'll do something that made me happy out of my mind today, but it'll tear me up inside tomorrow. But then tomorrow will be today and I can always do something to change it. I have the power to change everything, given the chance. So...

My present effects my future, but my future can't effect my present. I choose to think more about "Now" than about "Later".
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 9/26/2010, 8:27 pm

The future will come of its own accord, and is never set. Look at it from the present perspective; look at how it'll affect you now, not five years from now. If you're too busy planning for how things may eventually turn out, you'll forget to live in the present altogether.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 9/26/2010, 9:37 pm

I'm all about the long term planning for the most part, at least when finances are concerned. I have never taken out a loan despite knowing that doing so would make my present life easier, because it would cause more of a burden in the future. And starting at 16 I started putting aside as much of my income as I could, saving for the future instead of spending it on the things I wanted at the time.

For the little things in life, I prefer to live in the moment.

Big decisions though, I try to plan out my moves fairly far in advance. At least, I plan them as much as anyone can.

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 10/4/2010, 1:35 pm

well it depends on the decision- there are some major decisions that you CAN make spur of the moment, where there are those that you probably ought to meditate on. Again, depends on the decision to be made.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Disclaimer
Our DC Comics Fanbase community does not own any copywritten material owned by DC Comics Inc. All rights are reserved to the owners.