Agree or Disagree?

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: Agree or Disagree?

Post by Xenophobic Sponge on 11/6/2010, 5:59 pm

I really don't think humans are capable of unconditional love.

There is always a limit to one's love, and things can be done that eventually whittle your feelings for a person down.

For example, I love my girlfriend very, very much. It would be very hard for her to make me no longer feel that way for her. It is, however possible.

The closest thing I can see as being unconditional love is a parent's love for a child, but even that isn't unconditional in my opinion and the strength varies highly from person to person. For example again, I know my mother loved me dearly and it would have taken a lot for me to wreck that, however my father has nothing to do with me and vice verca.

Pretty much, all love CAN fade. It would just take time and reason. But the very fact that it CAN fade means that it's not unconditional.

Xenophobic Sponge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 on 11/6/2010, 10:38 pm

but I think you would love them anyway

But would that love be strong enough to to get you to stay with that unfaithful person? You would no longer trust them, so you would always be worried that they might break your heart once more by being unfaithful again. Can love still abide in a condition like that?

I really don't think humans are capable of unconditional love

If that were the case, then theres no such thing as loving someone with all your might, irrespective to their flaws and all. Only loving them until given reason not to. Is that all love is?

You never have a second attempt at a first impression. -thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake on 11/7/2010, 11:57 am

Love itself, the emotion, is unconditional. No matter how badly someone hurts you, if you love them deeply enough, then that hurt isn't going to stop you from loving them.

That doesn't mean you'll stay with them though. True love is unconditional; a relationship is not.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SnowFallsSlow on 11/8/2010, 8:28 pm

Snake knows exactly what I was getting at. Loving someone doesn't mean gluing yourself to them at the hip.

The fact that their cheating or unfaithfulness in any form would break your heart means that you love them. I don't know about you, but when I hear that Celeb 1 cheated on Celeb 2 with Celeb 3, I'm not exactly heart-broken.

Well, I am an artist.
My keyboard is my brush, my mind the paint I spread.
My vocabulary makes my palette, and my art is in my head!
SnowFallsSlow
Global Mod
Global Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge on 11/9/2010, 2:06 am

I'm not saying you wouldn't still love a person after a discretion, I'm just saying that after breaking up with someone your love for them would fade eventually due to them no longer being in your life, and ideally you would find someone else and fall in love all over again.

Xenophobic Sponge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 on 11/14/2010, 4:59 pm

I do believe love itself is unconditional. However, there are some conditions love just can't abide in.

This weeks statement:

Week 4: A child's morale is NOT expendable when parents consider divorce.

Agree or Disagree? Why?

Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by SnowFallsSlow on 11/16/2010, 10:26 pm

Agree.

At the point in time that they're considering divorce, the child's morale is already a moot point.

I can say quite honestly that after the age of five, my earliest memory, my parents getting a divorce would have been nothing short of a relief. This is still true, though they claim that they're "staying together for the good of the kids."

The likelihood that the child has not noticed the marriage deteriorating and is unaffected by it is very small.

Well, I am an artist.
SnowFallsSlow
Global Mod
Global Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 on 11/23/2010, 1:46 pm

agree too. Divorce is a decision that will affect the entire family, especially the children. Their morale and feelings are not to be trifled with. If you find yourself in an ''unahppy'' marriage, then you married the wrong person. You said ''I do'' too fast. You're not truly in that marriage for better or for worse. When a married couple decides to have children, they should be sure that they are having those kids with the person they want to spend the rest of their life with.

This weeks statement:

Week 5: Not EVERYONE can achieve their dreams.

Agree or Disagree? Why?

Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by SnowFallsSlow on 11/23/2010, 10:08 pm

Agree.

I don't know about you, but I dream of all sorts of things. Last night, for example, I had a very realistic dream about the zombie apocalypse, and flying away from the zombies to safety.

Sadly, this will never happen. I know I'll never fly.

On a more serious note, people's dreams often clash. Say my dream is to take over the world, and so is yours. Neither dream can be fulfilled completely. If my dream is to kill you and your dream is to live, there's a problem there.

And then there's the problem of unrealistic dreaming.

Well, I am an artist.
SnowFallsSlow
Global Mod
Global Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa on 11/23/2010, 10:12 pm

Depends. The wording of the question is a tad broad.

"Can" means capable of. Is everyone capable of achieving their dreams? I'd like to think so. Enough work and determination can make a lot of things happen. Anything? Maybe.

But, again, the wording. What "Dreams" do you mean? I hear dreams and I can think of my friend's dream to be a doctor (Which would be an "Agree" to this question.), but then again I think of my cousin's dream to grow wings and fly, which I don't see happening in this lifetime.

I disagree for the more realistic dreams, which everyone is capable of. But for all dreams in general, then I suppose I agree.

Global Mod
Global Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 on 11/24/2010, 10:26 am

abreu7 wrote:Depends. The wording of the question is a tad broad.

"Can" means capable of. Is everyone capable of achieving their dreams? I'd like to think so. Enough work and determination can make a lot of things happen. Anything? Maybe.

But, again, the wording. What "Dreams" do you mean? I hear dreams and I can think of my friend's dream to be a doctor (Which would be an "Agree" to this question.), but then again I think of my cousin's dream to grow wings and fly, which I don't see happening in this lifetime.

I disagree for the more realistic dreams, which everyone is capable of. But for all dreams in general, then I suppose I agree.

I mean your aspirations, what you want to accomplish in life.

We like to say that everyone is equally capable and able to achieve their most wistful desires and aspirations, but is that really true?

Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 on 11/27/2010, 11:43 pm

I agree with this statement.

There are different factors for everyone as we all come from different enviroments and backgrounds. Some people are blessed financially, some are living paycheck to paycheck. Some kids waste their food like spoiled brats, and some sit around wondering when the next meal will come. What are the chances that the people in third-world countries will actually find happiness and success? And I agree with Snow: Sometimes our dreams clash. Sometimes people get what they want by backstabbing others. Its a dog-eat-dog world, and people step all over one another to fulfill their own agendas. So how can EVERYONE achieve their dreams if, for some people, their success is found in another's failure?

This weeks statement:

Week 6: People SHOULDN'T have sex outside of wedlock.

Agree or Disagree? Why?

Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge on 11/28/2010, 12:12 am

I am all for sex before marriage.

Your first time having sex (especially if both parties are virgins) is not the sweet passionate thing you see in movies. You have no idea what you're doing, you don't know what your partner likes, let alone what ANY partner likes. God help you if you've got no sexual experience at all, that just complicates matters more. It's messy, and it's painful for the woman her first (few) times.

Yes the first time having sex is enjoyable, but it's not mind blowing stars in your eyes amazing. That comes with practice.

Now, your wedding is one of the most important days of your life, likewise the first night of the honeymoon is one of the biggest nights of your life. Do you really, really want the experience of your honeymoon to consist of bumbling around naked not knowing what you're doing? Bonus points if the woman in the equation hasn't broken her hymen on her own. Blood to remember your wedding by!

Xenophobic Sponge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake on 11/28/2010, 12:14 am

Supremely disagree.

I'm a softie at heart, and I think that sex should (ideally) occur between loving, committed partners. But strictly between wedded partners is an outdated practice based more on practicality and necessity in an ancient era than on any real sense of idealism. Not to mention that it's intrinsically tied to the idea of women being property--a woman who is not a virgin being damaged goods.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 on 11/28/2010, 1:04 am

Naked Snake wrote:Supremely disagree.

I'm a softie at heart, and I think that sex should (ideally) occur between loving, committed partners. But strictly between wedded partners is an outdated practice based more on practicality and necessity in an ancient era than on any real sense of idealism. Not to mention that it's intrinsically tied to the idea of women being property--a woman who is not a virgin being damaged goods.

But there would be a lot less baby-mama drama if Women learned to save themselves until they found a husband, don't you think? A lot less abortions. You wouldn't see 3-4 guys getting a DNA test on the Maury show for one child.

Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 on 11/28/2010, 1:29 am

Xenophobic Sponge wrote:I am all for sex before marriage.

Your first time having sex (especially if both parties are virgins) is not the sweet passionate thing you see in movies. You have no idea what you're doing, you don't know what your partner likes, let alone what ANY partner likes. God help you if you've got no sexual experience at all, that just complicates matters more. It's messy, and it's painful for the woman her first (few) times.

Yes the first time having sex is enjoyable, but it's not mind blowing stars in your eyes amazing. That comes with practice.

Now, your wedding is one of the most important days of your life, likewise the first night of the honeymoon is one of the biggest nights of your life. Do you really, really want the experience of your honeymoon to consist of bumbling around naked not knowing what you're doing? Bonus points if the woman in the equation hasn't broken her hymen on her own. Blood to remember your wedding by!

But is sex just something to be enjoyed? Whatever happened to the sacredness of it? If you have sex with multiple people for *practice*, its no longer a special thing. We tell Teens they shouldn't *do it* until they're older and ready and have found that ''special person.'' But when is *older* old enough for sex? Every person they get infatuated with somehow becomes that *special* person, and that goes for some Adults as well. Teens confuse their lust as readiness for sex. Isn't it hypocritical for Adults to tell Teens they can't have sex until they're older and find that *special* person, when Women give their innoncence up to whoevers willing to take it, and us guys go hunching with the first girl to spread her legs? There is no committment when it comes to sex nowadays. Its just ''hit that and move on.'' Then we tell Teens NOT to do this. Shouldn't we practice what we preach?

Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge on 11/28/2010, 2:04 am

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:But is sex just something to be enjoyed? Whatever happened to the sacredness of it? If you have sex with multiple people for *practice*, its no longer a special thing. We tell Teens they shouldn't *do it* until they're older and ready and have found that ''special person.'' But when is *older* old enough for sex? Every person they get infatuated with somehow becomes that *special* person, and that goes for some Adults as well. Teens confuse their lust as readiness for sex. Isn't it hypocritical for Adults to tell Teens they can't have sex until they're older and find that *special* person, when Women give their innoncence up to whoevers willing to take it, and us guys go hunching with the first girl to spread her legs? There is no committment when it comes to sex nowadays. Its just ''hit that and move on.'' Then we tell Teens NOT to do this. Shouldn't we practice what we preach?

Sex is something to be enjoyed, yes.

Who's telling teens not to have sex? Abstinence only education is a terrible thing in my opinion, better to teach teens what we can about sex, tell them how to do it safely, and let them live their own life. Sex is not a BAD thing, just because a person likes it that doesn't make them a bad person. It's meant to be enjoyable. You know what else would cut down teen pregnancy? Allowing teens access to the birth control pill and showing them the proper way to use a condom (You would be shocked at how many teens don't know how to put one on).

And I never said people can't choose to wait until they've found a person they love before they have sex. That's fine, but it's always a good idea to see if two people are sexually compatible before going into the final steps of a relationship. How two people are in the bedroom has a huge effect on the relationship as a whole. Sure would suck to get married and then find out your knew spouse has some fetish that freaks you out.

Also, you put a lot of emphasis on teen pregnancies going down if women would learn to wait until they find a husband, while seemingly glossing over that men are half the cause of those problems too.

Also, if your main issue is teen pregnancy, what about oral, digital or anal sex? None of those can result in having a child/needing an abortion? Should we not allow those until marriage?

Xenophobic Sponge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 on 11/28/2010, 11:17 am

you put a lot of emphasis on teen pregnancies going down if women would learn to wait until they find a husband, while seemingly glossing over that men are half the cause of those problems too.

I wasn't referring to teen pregnancies necessarily, because about %70 of those females that appear on the maury show are grown women. We wouldn't see all these single mothers with 5 children from 5 different fathers if those women kept themselves until they truly found the man they loved and married him, instead of spreading their legs to just anybody.

men are half the cause of those problems too.

Exactly, but its two halves that make the problem whole. Men won't *get none* if she doesn't give him any. Sure, rape is always possible, but its not like the only choices are ''give it up'' or ''get raped''. If some women were not so yielding with their *goodies*....

Allowing teens access to the birth control pill

Actually, in most of the U.S, the age of consent/confidentiality for medical purposes relating to birth control is 13. Their parents are not even required to be aware that their child is in possession of a birth control pill.

And I never said people can't choose to wait until they've found a person they love before they have sex.

The problem is a lot of teenage girls and women lay down with the first dude to say ''I love you.'' Then the next thing they know, they're raising welfare babies that don't have a father in their life. Or they end up with an STD from the man that supposedly loved them.

Also, people often confuse love with lust. They'll sleep with someone thinking they want to spend the rest of their life with them, when all they wanted was a one-night stand.

Sex is not a BAD thing, just because a person likes it that doesn't make them a bad person.

No, there is nothing wrong with it or that people that like it, but its not something to be trifled with.Its not something you just do with anybody thats willing to do it with you. A one night stand can change the course of your life forever, and I don't have much respect for those *easy* girls and *desperate* boys that think with their hormones and not their brains. If we don't know what love is

what about oral, digital or anal sex? None of those can result in having a child/needing an abortion. Should we not allow those until marriage?

I wouldn't want my child partaking in those kind of things. Having any kind of sex outside of marriage means there is no proposal, no ring, no vows to verify the committment. All we would have is our warped idea of what love is, and thats not good enough. I think there is something wrong with how we can be so willing to know someone carnally, but not as a husband or wife.

Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge on 11/28/2010, 3:12 pm

EDIT: Looking over this real quick, it comes off rather rambly. I am sorry I slept like craaaaaaap last night. I think my arguments are mostly concise though. If you need clarification, just ask I'll be happy to once I'm not in a haze.

You really seem to be coming off as blaming women far, far more than men when describing just about anything in this situation. Especially your first point, saying that we wouldn't see women with multiple children from different fathers if those women kept themselves pure and untouched for their future husband's deflowering.

We also wouldn't see the woman with multiple children from different fathers if the men put a condom on. (Or said no, but I'm all for sex any time people consent to it, so I'm picking condoms.)

You also say that the problem is women and girls lay down with the first guy to say "I Love You". I honestly have to question your experience now, are you just getting your information from stereotypes and bad teen movies? Guys aren't the only horny ones out there, women want sex too. And women will push guys for sex too. And men can get just as clingy as women when it comes to saying "I Love You".

Anyways, I digress to the next points.

Yes, the birth control pill CAN be gotten by girls. And yes if they want to sneak around their parents, they have that option. But there are lots of girls out there not taking it (or any other form of contraception) because they are not being educated by either home or school about the practices of safe sex. They are simply being told "Don't Do It!". Such a clever thing to tell a teen, surely they will never question authority.

You also glossed over condom use, which would also greatly help reduce numbers of unwanted pregnancy in both teens and adults. And lets not forget a fair number of STD's. But a shockingly high number of (sexually uneducated) people either don't use them (they have been taught pulling out is an accepted and real form of contraception) or don't know how to put the bloody things on.

Condoms are 95-ish% effective depending on brand. But only when used properly. That number becomes meaningless if you don't use them right.

Birth Control pills are well near 99% effective when used properly. (Again, that number greatly decreases if used improperly)

Combining the two together leaves very, very little room for pregnancy when they are used correctly.

Anyways, we've gotten off the topic at hand, which is not people sleeping around so much as it is people having sex before marriage.

I'm all for either, as I've said. People can do what they want. If people want to save themselves until marriage, then go right ahead. I disagree with the idea, but whatever floats your boat. I don't think people should be told No on something so basic in human nature.

I mean, what about the couple that have been dating and together for three years. They aren't married though. They love each other, but for whatever reason, haven't gotten married. Why can't they have sex?

And what about people that don't believe in marriage? They can never have sex? Gay couples that can't get married? No sex? Why is marriage, an institution that is failing more and more with divorce, the true sign of love people have to wait for?

So yes, anyways, Love and Sex don't require having anything to do with one another.

It CAN be an amazing showing of love between a couple.

It can also be a safely practiced good time between two consenting people.

As a final point, you really wouldn't want your child having any kind of sex life at all? Like... zilch? You want them to be completely blind on sexual matters until they are married? God I feel bad for your future kid's spouse. XP

At least do me a minor favour? If you have a son, teach them the difference between the clitoris and the urethra. And if you have a daughter, please tell them masturbation isn't an evil boogey man. Please, please just help dispel those two issues that come up a depressing number of times.

Xenophobic Sponge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake on 11/28/2010, 3:30 pm

But there would be a lot less baby-mama drama if Women learned to save themselves until they found a husband, don't you think? A lot less abortions. You wouldn't see 3-4 guys getting a DNA test on the Maury show for one child.

No, there would be a lot less baby-mama drama if--wait a second there.

if Women learned to save themselves until they found a husband

I'm going to take it on faith that you simply phrased that badly, and that you're not a big old misogynist who subscribes to the belief that women are slaves to sexuality and need the firm, guiding hand of a big strong MAN to keep them on the straight and narrow.

Moving on, there would be a lot less baby-mama drama if women (and for that matter, men) learned how to use freaking condoms properly. Problem solved. Besides which, unwanted pregnancy is a risk regardless of whether the two partners are married or not. The only difference is that one is considered socially acceptable.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 11/28/2010, 4:11 pm

Let's get a gal's point of view in here, shall we?

Starting off, I disagree.

There is no law, no code of honor that one has to follow about sex outside a wedlock. I agree that, if someone wants to save it for marriage, then go right ahead. If they want to do it before getting married, then that's fine too. There is no right or wrong answer, it's all a matter of choice, besides being forced, but that's a whole different ball game.

As someone who hasn't experienced it yet, I'm assuming that everyone who is commenting on this thread right now has, I'm not going to say that sex is a wonderful experience. Do I want to have sex? Yes. Am I going to wait until I am married? Hell no. Did I jump into bed with the first guy I dated? No, because that was my choice.

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:The problem is a lot of teenage girls and women lay down with the first dude to say ''I love you.''

I find that, and a lot of what you're saying about how women are in this, to be a little bit sexist, Crazy. You're making it seem that every woman gives it away whenever they can and that every time someone has sex, they get pregnant or a disease. You're still a teenager, Crazy, why are you acting all-knowing? Not saying that I know more than you, just pointed out how you're portraying yourself right now.

Moving on, are you just getting all this from media facts? The way the media portrays sex is ridiculous. Lets take Twilight for example. Yes, I just did that, big whoop. They glorify abstinence and say that you have, you are going to DIIIIIEEEEEEE A HORRIBLE AND GRUESOME DEATH!! RAWRRR!!! And other movies, lets go with, oh, I don't know, Sex and the City, I guess. They portray sex as a daily activity that's full of magic and kittens and all that lovely BS. Since nowadays, a lot of people, especially teenagers, hang onto everything the media says, they believe that that's what sex truly is.

But all that's just my opinion.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 11/28/2010, 4:51 pm

Crazy, what were you thinking posting such a ridiculous question in a Teen Titans forum?

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake on 11/28/2010, 5:46 pm

Mercy wrote:Crazy, what were you thinking posting such a ridiculous question in a Teen Titans forum?

Oh, I'm sorry, you're right. Hay gaiz howz about dem vidjagaymz lol?

If you don't think that serious conversation has a place on this forum, then by all means, feel free to hang out at Mykan's Whack-Off-To-Beast-Boy Palace.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 on 11/28/2010, 6:35 pm

, you really wouldn't want your child having any kind of sex life at all?

What kind of parent actually allows their child to sleep with whomever they please? I wouldn't keep my children blind to the matter of sex and the consequences of it. Sex is real and its a part of life. But they wouldn't have any business *practicing* sexual activity for when they find that special person. Not while they live in my house.

there would be a lot less baby-mama drama if women (and for that matter, men) learned how to use freaking condoms properly.

Realistically, that is the infallible solution. But is it really that simple? If you and your partner were already at second-base or whatever, are you actually going to stop and say ''I forgot the condom''? I'm not saying its impossible to do that, but not everyone is that strong-willed. When lust takes the steering wheel, its hard for some to pull a U-turn.

I'm going to take it on faith that you simply phrased that badly, and that you're not a big old misogynist who subscribes to the belief that women are slaves to sexuality and need the firm, guiding hand of a big strong MAN to keep them on the straight and narrow.

No, I'm not saying that women are the only ones to blame and their falliblity is due to some uncanny weakness towards sexuality. I'm saying its sad and shameful to see these young women nowadays who have to go to the Maury show to find out who the father of their child is. Who have to drag the men they've laid down with to the show to prove to them its their child. But Women are NOT the only ones to blame.

You also say that the problem is women and girls lay down with the first guy to say "I Love You".

Me iz gon' rephrase. That is a problem, not the main problem. Both genders, male and female, use the L word as a means of getting someone to sleep with them. Both genders are deluded into believing their partners actually love them when in reality, all they want is sex. Wouldn't it hurt if the person you thought loved you only wanted a one-night stand, and wants nothing more to do with you?

Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake on 11/28/2010, 6:57 pm

Me iz gon' rephrase. That is a problem, not the main problem. Both genders, male and female, use the L word as a means of getting someone to sleep with them. Both genders are deluded into believing their partners actually love them when in reality, all they want is sex. Wouldn't it hurt if the person you thought loved you only wanted a one-night stand, and wants nothing more to do with you?

Then the problem isn't that they're having sex. From what you're saying, the problem is that they're too naive to tell the difference between actual love and heat of the moment passion, or alternatively, that they're manipulative and cruel enough to use someone's body for their own ends. The same argument you're making can be applied to almost anything--people are too naive to tell the difference between an honest to goodness job and a pyramid scheme, so why bother applying for work in the first place? That kid who's offered to mow my lawn SAYS he's an experienced landscaper, but what if he's just planning to half-ass it and collect his $16.50?

The root of the problem isn't sex, the root of the problem is immaturity and callousness. In which case, the obvious solution is that people should not have sex before marriage unless they are emotionally mature enough to deal with it. Not that they shouldn't do it at all.

Realistically, that is the infallible solution. But is it really that simple? If you and your partner were already at second-base or whatever, are you actually going to stop and say ''I forgot the condom''? I'm not saying its impossible to do that, but not everyone is that strong-willed. When lust takes the steering wheel, its hard for some to pull a U-turn.

Yes! It is that simple! And it all goes right back to emotional maturity! If you're dumb enough to have unprotected sex, then reap what you sow; if you're mature and above all SMART enough to stop and say "whoasheeyit, we don't have a condom baby, let's not do this," AND follow through with it, then there is not a problem. It all comes down to presence of mind, and if you don't have THAT, then you shouldn't have sex. A wedding ring is not going to automatically make you wise and strong enough to resist the temptation to have sex when there could be unforeseen consequences.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next