DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Phantom Case

+4
Xenophobic Sponge
archiesangel
Naked Snake
Vandal
8 posters

Go down

The Phantom Case Empty The Phantom Case

Post by Vandal 1/6/2011, 5:59 pm

Those of you who know this site's history knows of the Phantom and what he was. He was a so called all powerful hacker, who made a section in the forum titled "The Twilight Zone" where he threatened the admins and it's members, instilling terror. Mainly this site's admins. Members of this site wondered if their accounts would be deleted at random, others thought the forum would be wiped out entirely. Phantom came and left. Then the first day of this year the banner was replaced with an image of Slade; it had text displaying the passwords to all the admin's accounts. He had hacked into the admin's accounts, changed their passwords. On the chatbox he logged into Robin's account then Deceiver's. We convinced him to get off the account and he came back on as Phantom. I pulled some strings for Rianna, then we were on a joint operation in screwing the Phantom over once and for all. I gave her temporary admin status and we finally busted him.

[23:24:14] Phantom : all right you got me i am in fact PJA
-Taken from Chatbox Jan 1, 2011

Rianna had suspected it was PJA, the site's creator, for an entire year; though we could never prove her suspicions until now. Well who would have believed that? He wanted to test the admins to see if they were good enough to handle a hacker situation, and according to him we aren't; though we did manage to catch him and ban every single known IP he has, and his account.

So what now? The only problem is that he has the Root admin account's password. So he can technically destroy this site if he wanted to, which he changed the name from God to Zeus. We just know if he wanted to do that he would have already done it. We cannot determine his next move, so the admins are planning on contacting Forumotion and explaining the dilemma.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Phantom Case Empty Re: The Phantom Case

Post by Naked Snake 1/6/2011, 7:42 pm

Cool story bro.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel 1/6/2011, 9:24 pm

Thanks for the update.
archiesangel
archiesangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 1/6/2011, 11:53 pm

I don't understand why this matters?

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by EllaMila1 1/7/2011, 8:06 am

Heeeeeey I remember that guy. e___e

Vaguely.
EllaMila1
EllaMila1

https://www.youtube.com/user/EllaMila1

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/8/2011, 2:24 pm

Xenophobic Sponge wrote:I don't understand why this matters?
The forum could get shut down because the site creator broke forumotion rules. Plus it's unethical to hack into our accounts.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SnowFallsSlow 1/8/2011, 3:55 pm

But I thought the site creator was Floating Magicarp?
SnowFallsSlow
SnowFallsSlow
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 1/8/2011, 4:14 pm

Mercy wrote:
Xenophobic Sponge wrote:I don't understand why this matters?
The forum could get shut down because the site creator broke forumotion rules. Plus it's unethical to hack into our accounts.

Forum creators can always close down a forum on a whim though, it's their forum they have that power, the owner of this forum could decide that this place is now all about cacti, and we'd just have to go "Oh. Okay, well later then I am not interested in cacti.". Also, since it's the forum owner's forum, none of the accounts were hacked I don't think. It seems more like the owner of a forum is doing a bunch of things using the tools they are given as the owner of a forum. Kind of a dick move, but nothing all that outrageous.

Hacking tends to be a lot more difficult than clicking the "change user's password" button. I mean, if doing that is considered hacking, than Mykan is a hacker and I refuse to give him any such credit.

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/8/2011, 4:23 pm

Would you agree though that its an abuse of power? He claimed he was "bored" so he changed the admin's passwords and went into our accounts to give us a test.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 1/8/2011, 4:48 pm

If all he did was change passwords, not steal the originals, then I would say it was more or less harmless/a little funny.

If for some reason you use the same password everywhere, and he saw the original before changing it and is now able to do any number of things to you, then I would say that is malicious and a serious abuse of power.

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 1/8/2011, 7:12 pm

SnowFallsSlow wrote:But I thought the site creator was Floating Magicarp?

No, she was just the leader of ''Project Save Teen Titans.''

The whole phantom thing doesn't really matter anymore now. We just wanted y'all to know who was really behind it.
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

https://www.youtube.com/thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 1/8/2011, 8:13 pm

[quote="Thecrazykid3649"]
SnowFallsSlow wrote:
The whole phantom thing doesn't really matter anymore now. We just wanted y'all to know who was really behind it.

Yeah, but nobody cares. Maybe a couple of years ago it would have been important, but it's been so completely irrelevant for so long now that half the active users around here nowadays probably don't know what the hell the deal with this Phantom character is. We're done with that internets drama bullcrap, unless someone wants to start talking about saving Teen Titans because someone leaked a badly-photoshopped movie poster on the internet. Because then I'll be down.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 1/8/2011, 9:28 pm

You know we could solve all this problem by just making our own forum free of PJ. I mean yeah he made this forum, but it's not that hard to make something like this, we're the ones who spiced it up with the snazzy buttons and what not anyway, if we're really not interested in staying here because of the whole Phantom thing, why don't we just pull a mass Exodus to some new place Free Forum has it so easy these days we could have a new one in like ten minutes, and that's if we read everything along the way.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 1/9/2011, 1:15 am

TheDeceiverGod wrote:You know we could solve all this problem by just making our own forum free of PJ. I mean yeah he made this forum, but it's not that hard to make something like this, we're the ones who spiced it up with the snazzy buttons and what not anyway, if we're really not interested in staying here because of the whole Phantom thing, why don't we just pull a mass Exodus to some new place Free Forum has it so easy these days we could have a new one in like ten minutes, and that's if we read everything along the way.

Yeah, we could give this one to Mykan and be all "We're done with this; you can have sloppy seconds."
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down