DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What this is for

+5
Xenophobic Sponge
Corvus31
Vandal
Loki
TheDeceiverGod
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What this is for - Page 3 Empty Re: What this is for

Post by TheDeceiverGod 3/2/2011, 7:54 pm

I'm gonna say one character a person, just until we get things rolling at it were, this is new to everyone, and since I'm building the system from the floor up, borrowing pieces here and there, I think it best if we take thing slow to being.

And yes, I could happily do a Rose Willson character sheet.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 3/2/2011, 8:12 pm

Because people have asked for it, and I thought it was a good idea. Here we go.

What this is for - Page 3 Screen11

A brief tutorial of how to use the Dice Roller built into this Forum.

The Roller's location has been highlighted by two red bars.

You will also notice that I have added labels, also in red describing which fields control which element of the roll.

To the right, the Yellow Bar highlights the button used to perform more than one roll in a given post.

And in black we have the standard notation for Dice marked out to show which parts of the notation refer to which part of the roller.

Immediately after you perform a post where a Dice Roll has been marked out. The root admin will make one. Which will look like this

Loki wrote:The member 'TheDeceiverGod' has done the following action : Dice rolls

#1 'D20' : 15, 20

--------------------------------

#2 'D6' : 6

The #1 and #2 as well as the separation by the dashed line clearly express, that two different rolls have been performed. The button, highlighted in the image above by the yellow bar, controls the number of rolls being performed.

In the first roll a D20 die was rolled twice. This first field on the left, high lighted by the red bar, controls what type of die is being rolled, the second field more to the center, also high lighted by a red bar, controls how many times that die is being rolled. The first roll in the quote was 2D20. A D20 die being rolled twice. And thus there are two numbers, each representing the value of the D20 roll.

In the second roll a D6 die was rolled once. This is to illustrate that different die may be rolled, without the need for multiple posts. To choose to perform an addition dice roll, simply press the small button high lighted in the screen shot above by the yellow bar. There is no limit to how many dice rolls may be performed, but for the sake of everyone, please only roll those required by your post.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael 3/3/2011, 1:24 am

I have a question about casual/combat situations involving inanimate objects and obstacles. Let's say in one such scenario Robin is chasing down...Oh I dunno Red X. A wrecked car is in the way of Red X so he vaults over it. He would have to roll for this right? What would he have to roll for? What skills would be involved if any? What would be the basic equation for this simple act and what would one have to do if let's say he didn't manage to roll and clear it?

If Red X didn't manage to clear said jump would Robin gain any sort of numerical advantage in persuing Red X if he managed to clear the jump? And if he didn't....Well wouldn't that just be amusing. Would damage be taken for tripping over a car? If so would that mean the car itself has stats that could be measured for damage taken?
Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 3/3/2011, 2:08 am

An excellent question.

To perform a horizontal jump Red X would roll an Athletics Skill Check, "1d20 +1/2 Red X's current level, + Red X's Strength modifier (since Athletics is a Skill tied to Strength) + Relevant Modifiers."

The D20 represents chance luck and the general random nature of the universe. 1/2 Red X's level represents his experience and skill. Red X's Strength Modifier represents his natural ability, stronger legs would be able to jump further.

He would then divide the total by ten (10). The result of this would be the number of feet he could jump horizontally, if he had a running start then he would divide the total by five (5) instead of ten (10).

A level 5 Red X with 16 Strength would Roll 1d20 +2 (one half his level rounded down) +3 (his Strength Modifier) +Relevant Modifiers (Some powers or training may add to certain checks).

Let's say he rolled a 15 on the die, his result would total 20. Assume he'd have a running start, since he'd be running away from Robin, he'd divide that by 5, and clear 4 feet horizontally.

The vertical distance you clear is equal to one-quarter the of the distance you jumped horizontally. So he'd clear 4 feet horizontal 1 foot vertical, enough to jump over the hood or trunk of a car parallel to him.

If he could not clear the vertical distance of an obstacle along the way, he would hit the obstacle, and fall prone. Red X would literally fall on his face. He'd take no damage, but in his next post he would start out laying flat on the ground. It'd be up to the player to respect the different amount of effort and consumption of time.

Robin would have to perform a similar or better check, or spend time running around the car. It'd be up to the players to respect the different amount of effort and consumption of time.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadowSoul 3/3/2011, 3:33 pm

I belive I get this now...
The dice part looks simple enough, thankyou Tgd.

I absolutely love Rose Willson(Slades daughter is purely wicked awesome).
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Location : Nowhere, somewhere, the deepest depht's of your totured mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael 3/3/2011, 3:48 pm

I also have another question about environment. Water.

What are the specs on water? How will it function,if someone is drowning how would you measure it until the character goes unconscious or dies? If a person is being drowned by someone else, would extra damage be taken including the whole drowning aspect ( That is if said assualt-er rolled a success)? If someone is swimming what would they have to do to measure the fatigue they would take?

On the positive side what if water has 'healing' properties for some characters? Or they gain access to abilities they can't on land when in water?
Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 3/3/2011, 7:51 pm

Another excellent question my darling and I thank you for it.

Swimming will be an Athletics Check just like jumping. Only unlike jumping it will be simple pass fail based on the conditions of the water.

To swim through Calm water your Athletics Check must totally greater than or equal to ten (10). To swim through Rough water your Athletics Check must total greater than or equal to fifteen (15), and to swim through Stormy water your Athletics Check must total greater than or equal to twenty (20).

Upon success your character swims at 1/2 their run speed. (I'm working on an equation to calculate a character's run speed, or gait, based upon their height. A character with longer legs can run/walk faster than a character with shorter legs.)

If you fail the Athletics Check by four (4) or less; so if say you're swimming through Calm water, and thus need a ten (10) or greater to succeed, and your check totals anywhere between nine (9) and six (6), not high enough to swim, you stay where you are.

Note since Athletics Checks are 1d20 + 1/2 level + Strength Modifier, you would need to roll truly horrible to not advance in calm water, (plus in a non-combat situation you could just 'Take 10' and automatically succeed, since swimming in calm water is considered a trivial or menial action.)

If you fail the Athletics Check by five (5) or more; so if say you're swimming through Calm water and thus need a ten (10) or greater to succeed, and your check totals anywhere between five (5) and one (1) (I don't actually know how you'd have a check total one unless you were a level one character with no strength modifier what-so-ever), not high enough to swim, you sink one foot and risk drowning.

Swimming Checks will be required for every post a character spends in water, (assuming they're swimming and not just letting themselves sink or walking along the bottom). The amount of success doesn't alter how well a Character swims, however some Characters who spend excessive amounts of time in water, such as Aqualad, Aquaman, Aquagirl and Tram the fish boy, would have low-level Powers that allow them to move at their regular speed while swimming, and possible mid-level Powers that allow them to move faster in water than on land.

Holding your breath underwater requires an Endurance Skill Check. 1d20 + 1/2 your level + your Constitution Modifier (since Endurance is a Skill linked to Constitution).

Again, a simple pass/fail based upon how high you roll, only this time rather than the number being different based upon the conditions present, the number increases based upon how long you've been holding your breath. (The longer you hold your breath, the harder it gets to not drown.)

To hold your breath for thirty (30) seconds of Game Time, (this would amount to five (5) minimum length posts), you make an Endurance Skill Check, (1d20+1/2 level +Constitution Modifier) required to total equal to or greater than ten (10). To continue holding your breath, make an Endurance Skill Check required to total equal to or greater than ten (10) plus one (1) for every five (5) seconds (the minimum amount of time a post is allowed to occupy) after the initial thirty (30) seconds.

To hold your breath for thirty-five (35) seconds of Game Time, you would require an Endurance Skill Check totaling equal to or greater than eleven (11). (Ten for the initial thirty and then + one for the additional five seconds.)

To hold your breath for thirty (30) seconds in one post, and then continue to hold your breath for thirty (30) more seconds, without coming up for air, you would make two Endurance Skill Checks. The first would be required to total equal to or greater than ten (10), the second would be required to total equal to or greater than sixteen (16), because your character would have been holding their breath continuously for a total of sixty (60) seconds, which is equivalent to thirty (30) seconds, plus six increments of five (5) seconds (30+5+5+5+5+5+5) and for each additional five (5) seconds you would add one (1) to the Difficulty Check, (the number you need to beat or equal in order to be successful.)

Endurance Skill Checks are required whenever a character is holding their breath.

If a Character fails an Endurance Skill Check (regarding them holding their breath) by any amount (1 to 100) they immediate being Suffocating in their next post.

Suffocating is a Status Effect (like being Bloodied or Fatigued).

A character who is Suffocating will take 10% of their maximum health for every minute of Game Time they are Suffocating. This means that in ten (10) minutes of being without air, any character would fall unconscious, and after fifteen (15) minute of being without air any character would die, be dead, begin pushing up daisies, etc.

The Status Effect 'Suffocating' can be removed simply by taking a breath of breathable air from any source.
'Suffocating' cannot be cured by making an Endurance Check to hold your breath, you're considered not to have any breath left to hold.

This makes Suffocating an excellent way to kill another character.

However.

One character's actions have no effect on another character's Endurance Checks, (excluding special Powers). If one character holds another underwater, they would be required to 'Grab' them.

This done by simply succeeding on a 'Strength attack vs Reflex' <this is the basic notation for all attacks denoting the modifier added to the Attack Roll, in this case Strength, and the Defense Score it naturally targets, in this case Reflex. (Defense Scores are static number generated by adding 1/2 the character's level, an appropriate Ability Modifier [different depending on the Defense Score in question, Reflex involves either Dexterity or Intelligence.] to ten. 10+1/2 level + Ability Modifier)

Upon a successful 'Grab' (meaning that the attacking character's Attack Roll, in this case 1d20 +1/2 level +Strength Modifier, totals greater than the defending character's Defense Score, in this case their Reflex Defense, 10 +1/2 level + the defending characters Dexterity or Intelligence Modifier, whichever one is greater.) The defending character is considered 'Immobilized' they cannot attack, move, or utilize Active Powers. Grabs do not deal damage.

To move, or otherwise manipulate the defending character, the attacking character must perform and be successful at another Strength attack vs Reflex. If the attacking character attempt to move or otherwise manipulate the defending character, and fails, they escape from the grab, if they succeed, they may manipulate the defending character, or drag them at one-half the attacking character's run speed, or any combination of the two.

To manually escape a grab the defending character must make an Acrobatics Check, 1d20 +1/2 level + Dexterity Modifier, and score equal to or greater than the attacking character's most recent Strength Attack roll. (they're considered to have a stronger or weaker grip on you depending on how close you came to escaping their last attack.)

To Heal yourself or another character. Simply make a Heal Skill Check. 1d20 +1/2 level + Wisdom modifier (since Heal is a skill tied to the Wisdom Ability Score).

Heal Skill Check are always successful, and the target character (the character being healed) recovers Health Points equal to the Heal Skill Check's total.

Heal Skill Checks require a minimum of one (1) minute of Game Time to make, and both the character making the check, and the character being targeted by the check, are not allowed to make any Attack or Move Action during that time. (They may however activate Powers that do not require motion)
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadowSoul 3/6/2011, 10:27 pm

What powers would not requrie a motion(mana?)
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 3/6/2011, 10:37 pm

Powers will be divided up into two major types, Active and Passive, Passive powers will be things like "Reptilian Skin" that provide a passive bonus to a character's stats.

Active Powers would be powers that require being activated, usually by performing some action, and paying a cost of Mana or Stamina, depending on the nature of the character and the power being used. Raven would have mana, Robin would have Stamina

Typical Stamina using powers would be things like. "Double jump kick."

Typical Mana using powers would be things like. "Witch's Curse"
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadowSoul 3/6/2011, 11:05 pm

Ahhh....I understand now...
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 4/19/2011, 1:26 pm

Just a friendly reminder to all and any who are still/were interested, I'm constantly and quietly editing the Rules so if there's something you weren't clear on at one point, you might check back periodically to see if I've clarified things a little.

Also, still looking for non-superpower related actions so I can iron out wrinkles before people trip over them.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadowSoul 4/26/2011, 5:01 pm

I'm going to go re-read the rules, thanks Tdg.
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 5/1/2011, 6:16 pm

I am now super excited because my father found his D&D books from back when he was in high school. For reference, my books are Version 4.0 his are labeled as "Advanced Dungeons and Dragons." and the foreword in the Player's manual happily proclaims it to Not being 3rd edition. Needless to say, they're awesome and I will be reading them cover to cover shortly.

However I am at odds with what to take form which area, I am very happy that I have the old books because it's simpler and 'classic' but without anything in particular to do with them I am unable to express my jubilation.

So I would like to remind everyone, that I really would like some questions about how and what could be done in the Dice Game.

Think of questions with the phrasing "If I wanted to ______ ?" These will be extremely helpful to me, since I can't possibly think of everything you might want to do with your characters, or between characters, and hopefully be helpful to you as well as I will not only be answering them as best I can, but integrating the answers into the game process so, baring a complete overhaul, my answers will be 90% of what would be done 'in game' to perform the action, or actions, in question.

And please. No question is too basic, or too simplistic or too extravagant or too complex. Even if you think I may have covered something, if You don't understand it than I didn't cover it well enough, and who knows, maybe you'll find an error in my mechanisms and we can spare anyone from having to trip over it in game.

Seriously guys, any questions at all. "If I want to punch Batman in the nose..." "If I wanted to race Aqualad across the bay..." anything at all, I'm kinda dying for them here.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadowSoul 5/1/2011, 6:45 pm

If I wanted to use a sword and stab/ sword fight with them...
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 5/1/2011, 9:57 pm

First, assuming the sword was an item that your Character carried with them everywhere, you would list the sword as part of your Character's Equipment/Paraphernalia, much the same as Robin or Batman would do for their Utility Belts and the weapons therein.

Second, you'd come up with some reasonable Damage Dice for the sword. Say Slade's Katana for example, it's built out of the same near-indestructible metal as Cyborg , so it would be a fairly vicious weapon capable of some serious damage, however like most weapons the damage it could inflict could vary from a small cut, to a severed arm. So; because you want a wide range of numbers possible, and thus a wide range of damage that can be dealt, you would want a small number of dice, with a large number of sides. For something like Slade's Katana I would recommend something like 3d20, being that the sword could deal as little as 3 Damage to a target, or as much as 60 Damage.

For specific attacks/abilities, say if your character were a Master Swordsman, than your Character would possess Powers with the Keyword Weapon. Then in it's description you would mention what sort of weapon the power requires, Ex: a sword, or a specific sword, IE your sword.

This will be roughly the same for Green Lantern type characters, though I would warn not to make your character's powers rely too strongly on the weapon, as it is possible, and probable given intelligent adversary Characters, that you would face combat without it.

Or you could make your character suffer that handicap. Kyle Rayner is one of the greatest Green Lanterns, but without his ring I believe his day job is being a freelance graphic artist. Not the greatest guy to have in a fight should his ring run dry. While Hal Jordan, the first human Green Lantern, was a military test pilot before picking up his ring, and can therefore arguably hold his own even if his Lantern Battery runs dry.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 5/13/2011, 4:05 pm

Out of curiosity, suppose I have a character that can transform [Not like BB, where his power IS tranforming] into more powerful forms of themselves. Like Raven turning into that white- colored form she used to beat trigon, or Freiza from DBZ powering up from his little impish form to the tall one with horns. How would the mechanics for something like THAT work?
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 5/13/2011, 8:11 pm

Ultimately it would boil down to what you want the transformations to do. If you want that to just be a stronger version of themselves, like Raven or Freiza, that that would just work like the powers I wrote up for Raven on her sheet. They'd be something she'd activate, would take some mana/stamina to maintain, assuming that it takes some amount of effort to remain in that form, thus why that wouldn't be their natural form, and the power would just boost some of the character's natural stats.
Raven's powers are.
Demon's Blood
Racial

Dark blood burns in your veins.
Primal-Arcane Polymorph Healing
Trigger: Your Heath drops to 0
Roll: 1D8; If you are Fatigued Roll 1D6 instead
If you roll a 1 the following occurs:

You Polymorph; your eyes glow red, your eyebrows split to reveal a second pair, and your teeth become fangs.
Your Alignment shifts to; Chaotic Evil
You Heal 100% of your Health & Mana points.
Your Health & Mana pools are doubled.
You gain a +2 bonus to all Ability Scores.
You gain vulnerability 10 Iron.
You gain resistance 10 Arcane.
You must perform a Wisdom Check (1D20 +Wisdom Modifier) Vs Will Defense on yourself each turn you receive these benefits.
If you do not score higher than your Will Defense, you lose the benefits of Demon's Blood and become Fatigued.
If you fall Unconscious while under the effects of Demon's Blood the effects end and you become Fatigued.

Way of the White Raven
Level 25

Your soul is soothed, your mind is sharp
Psychic-Arcane Healing
Sustain Mana Cost 1 per five seconds.
You receive a plus +6 bonus to Wisdom and Charisma.
All your powers with the Necrotic Keyword now have the Radiant Keyword instead.
All your powers that deal Necrotic Damage now deal Radiant Damage instead.
You gain Vulnerability 10 Necrotic.
You gain Immunity Radiant.
Rage of the Red Raven
Level 25
You control your rage, it does not control you.
Primal-Arcane Polymorph Healing
Sustain Mana Cost 1 per second.
You Polymorph; your eyes glow red, your eyebrows split to reveal a second pair, and your teeth become fangs.
You gain a +2 bonus to all Ability Scores.
You gain Vulnerability 10 Iron.
You gain Resistance 10 Arcane.
You gain Immunity Necrotic.

The bonuses to Ability Scores, are what make these forms, improved versions of herself. As white Raven she's more calm and charismatic, meaning powers that involve Wisdom or Charisma become more powerful themselves when she's in that state. Such as

Black Barrier
Level 3

A shield of shadows slips from your fingers
Arcane-Conjuration Necrotic
Mana Cost: 7
You gain a +5 bonus + your Wisdom Modifier to Armor Class or Reflex Defense until the end of your turn.
You must call out which Defense score you modify.
You may use this power more than once per turn, but must pay the Mana cost each time.

Because Black Barrier improves Raven's Defense based on her Wisdom Modifier ({Wisdom-10}/2) having 6 more Wisdom when she's uses her White Raven form automatically gives her another +3 to her Defense when she uses her Black Barrier power. In addition because Black Barrier has the Necrotic Keyword and Way of the White Raven replaces that with the Radiant Keyword, if she were say, facing someone like, oh I don't know, Kyd Wykkyd, who might be able to ignore any effect with the Necrotic Keyword, he can't ignore her Defense bonus if she's using her White Raven form.

Essentially, characters with 'stronger versions of themselves' powers, would basically be powers which modify the character's base statistics (Strength Constitution Dexterity Intelligence Wisdom & Charisma), because not only would their other Powers be improved by having higher base statistics, but so would their 'typical' actions. Jumping over a car would be easier for a character who has a high Dexterity, lifting a beam would be easier for a character with high Strength. That's what 'Ability Modifiers' are for.

However, because modifying Base Statistics is such an improvement on the character, Characters will naturally be able to add 1-2 to 1-2 of their base statistics every time they make a new level, as part of leveling up. Powers that add even just +2 to a base statistic are almost like giving the character the power to level up on demand. So they would/should be high level abilities, like Raven's which are level 25 of 30, and difficult to maintain, like the Sustain Mana Cost of 1 per second. Every second she uses that form, she has to pay one Mana, so she'll only really be able to maintain it for a few minutes at most. Prolonged transformations like in Dragon Ball Z would either be only minor improvements to the character, or cause negative effects to counter act the bonuses, like Raven's alignment being shifted to Chaotic Evil whenever her Racial transformation power activates. (Characters get two Racial abilities and two level one abilities so they have a total of 4 to start) She turns evil whenever she uses that power, and remains evil until she's either knocked out or manages to over power herself and retake control.

Alternatively, if you wanted a character who could say, only use certain abilities when in an alternate form. Like Captain Marvel, who has to physically become someone else in order to use his abilities. Then you'd give them a Power which is taking that form, which may offer some minor bonuses, like a resistance to magic, and maybe a penalty or two, but not really be something in and of itself, and then give them other powers that would have "You must have ______ active to use this power" in their description. Technically Captain Marvel is a bad example because he's one person and Billy Batson is another, so they'd really need two character sheets, like Jason Blood & Etrigan, but you get the idea right?
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 5/17/2011, 12:35 pm

That answered my question perfectly. And since you've waited for someone to ask this one, I'll be the one; What about combat suits that boost performance, Like Terry's Batsuit and Cassius's Power armor? How would those go about working?
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 5/19/2011, 6:26 pm

The easiest answer is that "Power Suits" would be singular times that would be divide up to behave as if they were multiple items. For example Terry's Batsuit might offer a natural bonus of +X to Dexterity and +X to Strength, allowing him to perform feats of skill or strength far greater than he would be able to without the suit, it would also mean that if he has powers like

Jump Kick
Level X
You jump into the air and strike with the full weight of your leap
Martial-Melee
Attack: Dexterity Vs AC
Damage: 2d10 + (Athletics Check)/5
Range: Melee + (Athletics Check)/5ft
Stamina Cost: 15
You must be able to move to use this Power.
Perform an Athletics Check for a Long Jump.
If the Athletics Check value does not increase the range enough to reach your target
the Attack automatically fails. Consider your Attack Roll to be Zero (0).

And the suit's "Jump Jets" provide an additional bonus to 'Jump' Checks as long as they have fuel (Athletics Checks in reference to Long or High Jumps), than he would also be able to use those bonuses in his Jump Kick Power. The Suit and some of it's pieces would probably look something like this.
Second Generation Batsuit
Full Body
A jet black Batsuit enhanced with all the latest inventions of the 22nd Century.
Mechanical-Components
Armour Class: Light
Durability Count: 750
Item AC: 15
You receive +12 Bonus to Dexterity while wearing.
You receive +12 Bonus to Strength while wearing.
You receive a -4 Penalty to Charisma while wearing.
You are required to wear the full Batsuit to utilize it's components.
Retractable Flight Wings
Arms
Crimson wings secured beneath the user's arms.
Mechanical-Component
Durability Count: 50x2
Item AC: 10
Flight Stabilization
Ignore any skill checks required to maneuver mid air.
Glide
Height Loss: 1 foot per five seconds.
Travel Speed: 2 feet per second.
Perform a Acrobatics Check DC10 when Height reaches 2 feet or less.
If you fail the Acrobatics Check take 5 damage.
Jump Jets
Feet
Small powerful rockets hidden within the boots of your suit.
Mechanical-Component
Fuel Count: 250x2
Jump Boost
Fuel Cost 10x2
Cumulative
You receive a +10 bonus to a Long or High Jump Check
Add +1d10 Fire Damage to any 'Kick' attack.
Rocket Propulsion
Fuel Cost 1 per second
Duel Speed Gain: 1 foot per second: per second.
Individual Speed Gain x2: 1 foot per second: per 4 seconds.
Duel Maximum Speed: 30 feet per second.
Individual Maximum Speed x2: 20 feet per second.
Perform a DC15 Acrobatics Check to maneuver mid air.

Doing it like this saves a lot of work and creates the most chance for variation, since you could, and probably should, create negative effects created by one object, and negated by another. For example Terry's Rocket Propusion requires as DC15 Acrobatics Check to maneuver mid air, but Terry's Flight Wings and their Flight Stabilization allow him to ignore it. If he wanted to try and fly without the wings, he'd have to perform and succeed the check, or else be flung some random direction.

In addition because the Batsuit and the Flight Wings could conceivably be destroyed, unlike say, Slade's Katana and they are big enough to be targeted individually, unlike the Jump Jets, they have a Durability Count and an Item AC. (The Batsuit because it qualifies as Armour also has an 'Armour Class' there are 3 distinct Armour Classes 'Unarmored or None' 'Light' and 'Heavy'. For the sake of simplicity, the first adds +0 to the character's AC the second adds +5 and the third adds a whopping +10, but characters with Heavy Armour suffer a penalty to certain skills, like Sneak and Acrobatics, since it would be harder to perform these things inside of Heavy Armour.)

Durability serves as an Item's Health, and Item AC as it's armor. Characters who wish to target another character's items directly perform two attack rolls simultaneously, one against the character as they normally would, applying all bonuses and penalties that apply, and another directly against the item's Item AC. Both must succeed in order for any damage to be dealt, and one an Item's Durability reaches 0 it's considered broken and no longer functions.

The 'x2's present denote that the item or functions in question are doubled. Each Flight Wing has 50 Durability, so as soon as 50 damage is dealt, one breaks. (It's assumed that characters would consistently target the same wing if they're trying to destroy one.) As soon as one wing is broken any function that does not have the x2 cannot be used, due to the fact that they require a pair of the items in question to be utilized properly, it takes two wings to fly.

The Jump Jets have 'Duel' and 'Individual' functions, as one might expect, Duel requires both items to be activated, while Individual can activate only one or the other.

Item Dependent Characters like Terry, or any Green Lantern, will be hard to come up with 'Powers' for, because the vast majority of their Power comes from their Item, but with Powers like Jump Kick (which would probably be a fairly low level Power, but there could be higher level powers that do essentially the same thing, like, I don't know Triple Jump Kick which could ask for three Athletic Checks using Long or High jumps, and possibly also provide a Bonus to Reflex Defense for the turn the character uses the power)

Hope that answers the question. Had to do some thinking on this one, (which is a very good thing).
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 7/8/2011, 9:20 am

Glad to hear it

But i've got yet another question; Vehicles

Cyborg has his T-car, Robin has his R- cycle, Batman has his Batmobile, Wonderwoman her jet, and so forth. Would there be a set way to play with those?
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 7/9/2011, 3:08 am

I imagine vehicles would work a lot like flying, I'll use Raven's Telekinesis as an example since it's the only flying power I've written up thus far.

Telekinesis
Level 1

Your will is projected unto the physical.
Psychic-Force
Attack: Wisdom Vs Reflex
Damage: ND10 Force Damage, where N= 1/10th the approximate weight of the object in pounds.
Range: Visible
Mana Cost: 1/10th the approximate weight of the object in pounds.
Flight Mana Cost: 1 per 10 seconds
Initial Flight Speed: 3 miles per hour, 5 feet per second.
Flight Speed Gain: 8 feet per second per minute of flight time.
Maximum Flight Speed: 20 miles per hour, 29 feet per second.

While flying at a speed greater than 15 feet per second, perform a Wisdom Check DC 15 to stop or turn in less than 30 seconds.

Now ignore the Attack the Damage and the Range because those would be only for things that can be used to Attack. I made this under the assumption that Raven uses her telekinesis not only to throw big heavy objects, but to fly/levitate herself.

Anyway a transportation Item, like the T-Car, the R-Cycle, the Batmobile, etc, would be listed under a character's paraphernalia, along with things like their utility belts, magic lassos and power rings.

They'd be fairly simple items, probably with a high Durability count, since it would be fairly difficult to break them, and they would have a Fuel Count , and a fuel cost like the batsuit's jumpjets, but would also have an Initial Flight/Driving Speed a Flight/Driving Speed Gain, and a Maximum Flight/Driving Speed, like Raven's Telekinesis power, additional abilities would be listed also such as Wonder Woman's plane being invisible you might list something like Invisible: All character's must pass a DC 25 Perception Check or be unaware of this object. Characters receive a +10 bonus to their Perception check, if making physical contact with this object. Alternatively for things like Batman's Batmobile's booster rocket, you might have something like Booster Rocket Fuel cost 35, gain an immediate +35 bonus to current drive speed. Limit 35 miles per hour over maximum Drive Speed.

Vehicle Mounted Weapons would be an additional item listed beneath the vehicle itself, like the Jump Jets & Flight Wings are with the Batsuit.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Disclaimer
Our DC Comics Fanbase community does not own any copywritten material owned by DC Comics Inc. All rights are reserved to the owners.