DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crtic's, Comments, suggestions?...

3 posters

Go down

Crtic's, Comments, suggestions?... Empty Crtic's, Comments, suggestions?...

Post by LostShadowSoul 1/21/2011, 11:55 pm

Crtic's, Comments, suggestions?... Hjol_211It took forever to draw that.
 Crtic's, Comments, suggestions?... Ipi0010
Robin, but I messed up on his reflection.
 Crtic's, Comments, suggestions?... Gufhoo10
Terra, she looks like a little kid-but I think it just adds to her 'Innocent' facade.
 Crtic's, Comments, suggestions?... T79y0y10
Aqualad from the new Young Justice.
 Crtic's, Comments, suggestions?... Sam_0310
I don't like that it's in crayon-that's my least favorite drawing utencile.

Ignore the spelling, please.

Last edited by LostShadowSoul on 2/15/2011, 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Location : Nowhere, somewhere, the deepest depht's of your totured mind.

Back to top Go down

Crtic's, Comments, suggestions?... Empty Re: Crtic's, Comments, suggestions?...

Post by Vandal 1/23/2011, 2:34 pm

Needs some work. Seems out of proportion. The top one looks strange. Of course you're not as good, but the first time you play the piano you're not going to be Bach. The first several pieces are focused on contours and cartooning, but the last one abandons your style.

Practice more. You need to set a time and a place where you can practice in peace.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadowSoul 1/23/2011, 5:56 pm

Thankyou, The last one of the Moon was because my mother said I needed to 'open my creative expertist' and 'expand my horizions'. I'm trying to master drawing others people's characters so then I can try my hand at designing my own. I obivously need to work on my technic (please excuse the many spelling mistakes)
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadowSoul 1/23/2011, 6:04 pm

Mercy wrote: The top one looks strange.

I tryed to combine Raven's red and blue self. The color pattern on her outfit is blue and red shaded together. The location is her mind, I liked the look of the red suns and floating rock platues. It's alittle fuzzy because I couldn't hold a camera straight-out of 11 shots that was the best one.

I aperciate the feedback.
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/24/2011, 1:18 pm

LostShadowSoul wrote:Thankyou, The last one of the Moon was because my mother said I needed to 'open my creative expertist' and 'expand my horizions'. I'm trying to master drawing others people's characters so then I can try my hand at designing my own. I obivously need to work on my technic (please excuse the many spelling mistakes)
Well the fact that you draw people is one thing, there's nothing wrong with broadening your horizon but if you draw people people people people then you switch over to the psychedelic and trippy it makes no sense. Why do you want to draw better characters and practice by drawing something completely unrelated?

LostShadowSoul wrote:
Mercy wrote: The top one looks strange.

I tryed to combine Raven's red and blue self. The color pattern on her outfit is blue and red shaded together. The location is her mind, I liked the look of the red suns and floating rock platues. It's alittle fuzzy because I couldn't hold a camera straight-out of 11 shots that was the best one.

I aperciate the feedback.
No I mean I know what it is, it's just that Raven's proportions and headshape looks strange. I'm not commenting about the quality of the picture, the focus or shakiness of the camera, I'm talking about how she looks in general. The way she's standing. I know where she is, I'm familiar with the episode where Beast Boy and Cyborg travel in her mind.

If you want to draw better cartoons you must first learn how to draw realistically. You asked for an honest critic, the truth hurts sometimes, but if you defend your drawings that you asked for critique, then you shouldn't have asked at all.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadowSoul 1/25/2011, 5:09 pm

Thank you. I have never really been able to draw people, My teacher(family friend/uncle) died in 2006 and I've been trying to build from what he taugt me. The results aren't that good.
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadowSoul 2/15/2011, 6:22 pm

New stuff:

Crtic's, Comments, suggestions?... Sam_0315

Crtic's, Comments, suggestions?... Sam_0321

Crtic's, Comments, suggestions?... Sam_0317
I messed his eyes up...
Sorry if camera quality is crappy.

Last edited by LostShadowSoul on 2/16/2011, 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadowSoul 2/16/2011, 6:08 pm

I will try to draw Miss Martain later tonight...

Crtic's, Comments, suggestions?... Sam_0320
Her heads kind-of odd shaped...

Crtic's, Comments, suggestions?... Sam_0411
First try at drawing a body in action mode....
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 2/17/2011, 4:00 pm

LostShadowSoul wrote:New stuff:

Crtic's, Comments, suggestions?... Sam_0315

Crtic's, Comments, suggestions?... Sam_0321

Crtic's, Comments, suggestions?... Sam_0317
I messed his eyes up...
Sorry if camera quality is crappy.
Nose and mouth are too low, eyes are too high, necks are too thick, ears are too small.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadowSoul 2/17/2011, 4:19 pm

I will work on that.

More Stuff:
 Crtic's, Comments, suggestions?... Sam_0412
 Crtic's, Comments, suggestions?... Sam_0413
 Crtic's, Comments, suggestions?... Sam_0414
 Crtic's, Comments, suggestions?... Sam_0415
I messed up on alot of things, I know, theres just too many mistakes for me to list them all...
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 2/18/2011, 9:47 pm

LostShadowSoul wrote:
 Crtic's, Comments, suggestions?... Sam_0411
First try at drawing a body in action mode....

God I just love this picture! All your art is amazing, but I always giggle at this one 'cause his foot is kinda sticking out there. You ran out of room so you just stuck it on an extra flap.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadowSoul 2/18/2011, 10:15 pm

Yeah-that foot is what I call an 'Epic fail'. I just couldn't leave Superboy footless...'amazing'? Mercy and Mame are still WAY better.
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down