DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hub City: Only dead if you want it to be.

+4
GreenPhoenix185
Vandal
Rinisa
TheDeceiverGod
8 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Hub City: Only dead if you want it to be.  Empty Hub City: Only dead if you want it to be.

Post by TheDeceiverGod 5/11/2011, 3:39 pm

Hub City

Hub City, is the only city in the nation worse off than Gotham City. While Gotham has hope, Hub has none. Hub City is the home city of the hero Victor Sage, aka The Question, and he has actually opted to abandon the city, this decision came only after the city nearly killed him, twice. The Mayor of Hub City publicly murdered his wife after she beat him in the race for re-election. He is still the Mayor of Hub City.

This is to be the setting for this RP. The worst city in the nation, the only city in the nation that the Justice League has something of a no call agreement with. No one in Hub calls for the Justice League, and no one in the Justice League would respond even if they did. Due to this, this would be an almost OC exclusive RP, however, there will be no established team for the heroic characters.

I will be GMing this RP, I will attempt to post at least once a day, however I will only be playing two heroes. They are the semi-alcoholic, slightly self destructive, Richard Occult AKA Dr. Occult the Ghost Detective, and Catalina Flores, AKA Tarantula, the crazy Mexican murderer who could probably give Jason Todd a run for his money. These two will be the only 'heroes' I will be playing, other than them I will be controlling the NPCs of Hub City, including the police force, and the common people, as well as the three opposing forces of the city. The established Mob, lead by Steven Mandragora, The Religion of Crime, local chapter headed by Brother Flay, and the Church of Saint Sebastian, lead by Sebastian Blood. Who with the exception of Mandragora, are all canon characters, Mandragora is from the Justice League show, but based on Tobais Whale who is a canon mobster from the comics.

This will be an RP a tad darker than your standard one, with curses, drug use, prostitution, character death, and possible partial nudity. I'll be shooting for what I call an 'Implied R Rating' think of this as an old school R rating. Rather than describing the blood dripping from someone's eye sockets as Mandragora crushes their skull with his bare hands, focus on the frantic kicking and thrashing of his feet, and the sudden crack and dull pop before the body falls limp.

This will not be a Dice Rp. However, I would like to use some things I invented for the Dice Rp, such as Time and Date, just for continuity's sake. That's open to discussion.

Since I will only be playing the villains, the NPCs, and two specific heroes. The majority of play will be up to individuals.

There will not be any 'script' for this RP. The Mob will have their plan, the Religion of Crime will have their plan, and the Church of Saint Sebastian will have it's own designs on the city, however, which of these which will be focused on first, how things play out specifically, and in fact, whether only one of these three organizations is fought against at a time, will be decided entirely by the players, such things will be a result of their actions and though in times of slow play, I may have the criminals commit public crimes, and in all likelihood this will occur several times at the beginning of the RP, ultimately, if one player wants to hunt down Mandragora, while another wants to go after Brother Flay, they're welcome to do that.

I would advise against that however as I am building these as criminal organizations and singular individuals will have little chance of successfully surviving an encounter with multiple members of these organizations. So cooperation between characters will be encouraged. For the sake of interest, I would support characters not knowing/associating with each other before coming to Hub City. It's more interesting to watch friendships be formed than simply exist.

I do however, fully expect the RP to conclude with the 'heroes' having defeated all three organizations. I will not be 'playing to win' so to speak. This does not mean the villains will roll over for the heroes. If I think a hero would not realistically be capable of defeating a villain character under the given circumstances, they will not go down. Conversely, if I think a villain character would have little chance of surviving an action or encounter, they will die without warning. I am creating plenty of villains, so if you want to kill, while it will be difficult, it would be possible, however I am also planning rewards for not killing certain individuals, as well as events regarding the deaths of certain individuals. I don't plan on using all of these, they just exist because I like making up potentially awesome events, and seeing if I can use them within the natural organic flow of an RP.

However, at the moment I have very little work actually done for this RP, mostly because Bloodless keeps suggesting I make sure you'd be interested in it before I get to carried away, and thus, this thread, where we see if people are actually interested in this idea.

So, interested?

PS: Encase you were wondering, if you are interested, a little post here saying so would be nice, just so I know I'm not putting work in for nothing. Also; I may have been a little unclear, when I said "I would support characters not knowing/associating with each other before coming to Hub City." That doesn't mean I don't want people to use their favorite characters from other Role Plays, just that this would be an alternate continuity where those characters haven't met one another yet.

For those of you late to the game; the game has started!

Hub City's Role Playing Thread is viewable here

Last edited by TheDeceiverGod on 12/18/2012, 12:35 am; edited 4 times in total
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hub City: Only dead if you want it to be.  Empty Re: Hub City: Only dead if you want it to be.

Post by TheDeceiverGod 5/13/2011, 1:00 am

I may need to clarify a few things.

First, this RP would be available to any an all OCs anyone could want to apt in. Old characters, new characters, it doesn't really make any difference to me.

However, this RP would be out of continuity with Darkest of Knights or Next Generation, you can use those characters, but the events of those RPs haven't/didn't happen. So those friendships/relationships wouldn't have been formed yet.

Second, though there would be no 'established team' IE the Teen Titans or the Justice League, that isn't to say that the character's couldn't form their own. If they wanted to; it's just that, in this Rp, OCs aren't being called to join any specific group, they can form a group and call themselves "The Crimefacers" or whatever they like, but the won't start out being called together.

Third, I'm kinda planing on two potential routs into Hub. Either you were born there, or you came there for some reason, pretty standard, either you've been there, or you came there from someplace else. Why you're coming to Hub is entirely up to you. I mean, it's a pretty corrupt city, making a name for yourself, hunting down someone who ran there. If you'd like I am more than open to tweeking one or more of the minor villains to be associated with your character, in an acceptable manner. So if you wanted to do a 'my parents got murdered' character, just say so here, and we can work out the details together.

Forth, I'm picking up that people don't know what kind of characters to use, to that I'd like to say. Chill there's no real urgency. This is just an interest check, I'm just looking to see if enough people are interested to make it worth all the work it takes to start an RP. So, that being said, if you have questions and concerns, or are just interested, it'd be nice to hear so.

And finally, I'd like to clarify, I hope Team Work to be a major theme of this RP, and to that end I am creating a large amount of a variety of villainous characters. Only the three major 'super villains' but each will have their own team working under them, and each will require different types of combat to defeat. The Mob will be your standard mob, guns, drugs, and that sort of thing, the Religion will be more like warrior priests dedicated to the pursuit of evil, and the Church I haven't really developed yet, but they'll probably be using magic and demons. So whatever type of character you'd like to create, odds are pretty good they'll come in handy against someone.

In conclusion. I would appreciate it if we could actually, discuss what you think. Concerns, Questions, simple statements saying 'yes I'm interested' any of those would be nice.

PS: Standard Character sheet template for those who want it. Free to modify

Code:

[u][b]Title[/u][/b]
[b]Name-[/b]
[b]Age-[/b]
[b]Alias-[/b](optional)

[b][u]Appearance[/u][/b]
[b]Hair-[/b]
[b]Height-[/b]
[b]Weight-[/b]
[b]Dress[/b]
[b]Formal-[/b](optional)
[b]Casual-[/b](optional)
[b]Eyes-[/b]
[b]Skin-[/b]
[b]General-[/b]

[b][u]Abilities [/b][/u]

[b]Physical abilities[/b]

[b]Mental abilities [/b]

[b]Metaphysical abilities [/b]

[b]Paraphernalia-[/b]
[b]Name-[/b]

[b][u]History[/b][/u]
Just copy/paste into a post/word doc & begin typing.

Last edited by TheDeceiverGod on 5/15/2011, 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hub City: Only dead if you want it to be.  Empty Re: Hub City: Only dead if you want it to be.

Post by Rinisa 5/13/2011, 9:20 pm

I am interested!
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/13/2011, 10:18 pm

I give my green card of "go" to the idea.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 6/24/2011, 10:48 pm

Preface: before reading the information below please realize that this is information from god, no pun intended, few, if any Characters will have knowledge or access to all of the information below, I am providing it for Player reference.

Hub City
From the Files of Victor Sage.

Dark, polluted, infested with crime and choking on its own excrement, Hub City is easily one of the worst cities in the nation. It rivals Gotham in violent crimes, and its people, though industrious and hardworking, have as a whole, abandoned the hope of ever changing their city. Those with such ambitions are deluded fools, whom inevitably meet one of two fates. The first, they leave the city, abandon it just as the Justice League has; it's not that they don't care, it's not even that they don't know what their non-involvement means for the city, it's simply that, for all their powers, none of them have what Hub needs. Heroes exist to inspire others to cause, but there's no one left in Hub to inspire. Those who don't leave, are killed.

The city continues through the various actions and labors of the organized mafias, syndicates and street gangs that have systematically risen and fallen from power within its walls. Whenever a threat to the status quo arises, it is removed. So called 'unlicensed' criminals are dealt with by the police force, or removed by the current mafia dependent solely upon who finds them first. Rigged elections maintain the illusion of democracy, though the mob sponsored candidates almost invariably beat their opponents, this result ensured by both legal investment by criminal parties, and outright criminal action by the candidates or their backers, and though gang wars are a frequent and regular occurrence, the result is invariably the same, fueled by bribery, treachery, and murder the true politics of Hub is decided not by politicians, but by syndicate heads and mafia dons.

Not always so hopelessly corrupt, Hub was born in the eighteen hundreds as an axis of shipping and quickly developed into a major industrial stopping point for westward and eastern bound goods. Manufactured goods from the east, raw materials from the west & south, all made their way through Hub as they headed toward their destinations. However with 1903 and the Wright Brothers came the invention of the air plane, and with it, the death of Hub. Goods were no longer shipped by land, and thus, Hub was no longer needed as a way-station. The city briefly attempted to revive itself as an industrial center, dedicating much of its income to becoming attractive to manufacturing centers, Hub, with a largely blue collar populous and largely inexperienced & underpaid police force, became attractive to organized crime instead.

The death of the city began, as most do, with the creeping moral decay of its infrastructure. Beat cops & detectives fell into the pockets of mobsters and mafia dons, then as years drew on, those same officers rose through the ranks becoming lieutenants, captains and chiefs of police. With the corruption of their superiors, the new generations saw no reason to remain moral and quickly fell into the same pockets as their superiors. As this went on the criminal organizations solidified their rule on the city, and though many organizations have risen and fallen through the history of Hub, the corruption of the infrastructure has remained virtually untouched.

Hub City now stands as a festering corpse of a city, filled with hopeless, downtrodden people, and carelessly harboring some of the worst criminals in the nation.

Locations

Seaside Acres-North northwest

Despite it's name, the Seaside Acres gated community is, like all of Hub, landlocked. The name finds its origin in the colorful titles adopted by the current mafia. Steven "The Whale" Mandragora, and his organization use oceanic nicknames to show their association, and as Seaside Acres is almost solely inhabited by men and women with mafia connections, the name was changed when Mandragora moved in, as a symbol of his newly established control over the city.

A large, ornate bronze gate & an armed security guard greet those at the entrance to this sprawling green suburb. Seaside Acres remains one of the few places in Hub City where men can live comfortably. Despite being home to the majority of the mob's administration, the Acres boasts the lowest crime rate in the city, enforced by the simple fact that the HCPD are stopped at the gate, those that commit crimes against the residents of Seaside Acres are dealt with by the residents of Seaside Acres, and if one doesn't mind living next to serial killers, drug dealers & assassins, they can live quiet comfortably in Seaside Acres.

The lawns are green and freshly manicured by the community's own mafia-vetted gardening service, the yards are decorated with everything from koi ponds & gazebos to patio furniture & pools, depending on the owner's tastes and the homes themselves are veritable mansions, the largest of which, belonging to Steven Mandragora & his family, boasts thirty six different rooms, and in addition to twelve neat acres of land it includes a thirty six foot heated pool and a hot tube large enough to fit a dozen people.

The Seaside Boarding School, is the community's private school district K-H, is well funded by the mafia and consistently ranks as the best school in the city, and though the staff are encouraged to look the other-way regarding the student's home life, they're fully capable educators, though the focus of their science and criminal law classes are, in a word questionable.

Uptown-North northeast

Tall silver sky scrapes stretch up into the smog, unorganized gangs of thugs and hooligans stalk the streets, and mafia kings ride their long black town cars to their five star clubs and four star restaurants. Violent crimes are largely restricted to those who look for them, the drunken hooligan who starts a brawl at the bar, or the coked up junkie who doesn't know when enough is enough, and almost always the police end up hauling them away. The mafia still runs the show, but they're significantly more subtle about it, the upper crust of Hub come uptown to enjoy themselves, and let no one ever say that the mob doesn't know how to have a good time. They allow the police to function uptown just enough to keep the streets clean, but when it comes to inside the clubs, behind closed doors, and in back of VIP rooms, the officers and lawyers of Hub City, indulge side by side with the mobsters and murderers.

The Barracuda Club

The hottest night spot in Hub; the Barracuda Club is owned & operated by one Johnathan 'Barracuda' Bertellia, general in Steven Mandragora's mob. Completely unapologetic about his mafia connections Johnathan Bertellia styled the Barracuda Club after the old Rat Pack Jazz Lounges of the last great mafia dons. Dim lights, deep booths, barely dressed cigarette girls as well as blatant disregard for the laws against smoking inside clubs, on the surface the Barracuda Club appears to little more than a dash of nostalgia, and a cool crisp hangout for the city's suit & tie criminals.

In truth not only do the cigarette girls sell more than cigarettes, but more than criminals frequent this club. Made the hottest night spot in Hub through a combination of criminal investors, criminal action, and a criminal's disregard for all the right laws, today the Barracuda Club stands as the hippest hottest place to be within Hub's walls. The dim lights and cigar smoke mask meetings between corrupt politicians, criminals, officers of the law, and any all of Hub City's most fashionable citizens, over eighteen, or simply in possession of a well made fraudulent ID that claim such.

Most nights the club stage plays host to a full jazz band accompanied by a lounge singer, though even when it's not, cool jazz is pumped through the club, entertaining the patrons as they enjoy the services of the full bar, working kitchen and behind the vale of the VIP room, the occasional cigarette girl.

Hub City School District

Deplorably underfunded the Hub City School District divides funds that would be insufficient for much more than one school between three preschools & grade schools, two Jr. High Schools and three Sr. High Schools, many of Hub City's schools are quiet possibly the worst schools in existence, the grade schools recent installed metal detectors at the entrances to the grounds, bringing their security measures up to date with the Jr. and Sr. High Schools. Much of the schools within Hub are more tightly controlled than some prisons, and some of the students can be as bad as prisoners. Though as bad as the students are, the teachers are worse.

The staff of Hub City's public schools are the men and women who simply couldn't get employed anywhere else. The teachers are alcoholics, drug addicts and in some cases, actual prostitutes. The students learn more usefully things in the streets than in the classrooms, and virtually everyone involved knows it. Less than half those enrolled in Hub's High Schools make it to graduation, most drop out, many die, the lucky ones move away, and less than one percent of those who do graduate go on to enroll in a university, those that do, are considered the lucky. The only thing Hub's schools have going for them, is an overall average sports department. Though most games are unimpressive, they are popular make out events for the students and the school jocks are, as with most schools, the ruler of the schools.

Many of Hub's High School sporting events have actually been the basis for inter-school riots. Many, if not all of the students have affiliation with one or more of Hub's numerous street gangs, and as many of these gangsters attend the sporting events armed, it takes little provocation for a riot to break out. Inter-school rivalries are often marked by vandalism & attacks on the rival school's stars, which of course, does not go without retaliation.

East-side Park-East northeast

A large park trimmed with local flora, though these days the local fauna amounts more to rats and squirrels than deer and ducks. Needles of the various fur trees carpet the cold earth between the winding cobblestone bike paths. Few bikers frequent these paths, more often, the homeless, the drug addled, the criminal or their victims are found in the pine needles, more of the park's color comes from crime scene tape, than flowers or decorations, the discovery of a recent or rotten corpse nearly a weekly occurrence somewhere within the ferns and needles.

By day the park is, at best, neglected, at worst, a heap. No one bothers to combat the rampant litter, and no one could even if they cared to try. Used hypodermic needles are almost as common as pine needles, and some of the homeless make good money collecting and exchanging them, when the local punks aren't busy harassing or out right beating them. Graffiti is a popular after school activity for the local kids, scrawling their tags or signs across trees, benches, large rocks, any surface wide and flat enough for them to make their mark.

By night, the park is tantamount to a death trap. Hooligans stalk the paths like midnight predators, picking off the weak and vulnerable, murder and rape are a common occurrence to anyone stupid enough to step off the beaten path. Even if one manages to avoid the opportunistic predators, the professional murders often stop by after dark to dump their kills, the mob's grave diggers are seldom welcome to interruptions and the drug addled minds of the junkies doesn't often take strangers in the dark as kind signs. Most Hub natives know to avoid the park after dark, unless well armed, or well known.

Mermaid Lake

A large, muddy lake that may look like a mermaid from about six thousand feet if you close one eye and squint a little in the dark, whilst blind, this lake is generously called the largest body of water within Hub's boarders. In truth it's contents is more of a murky sludge than water, the edged chocked with mossy algae the bottom coated with dense underwater flora, the lake has become a popular dumping ground for the mob, by many a moon lit night, unfortunate souls of Hub have been hurried beneath the lake's bank, and over the years everything from muscle cars, to family vans, to one small aircraft have been pulled from the murky depths.

Rumors have it that the constant stream of death & decay have caused the lake itself to take on an ill temperament, and this, along with the fouled water and generally unpleasant stench emanating from the lake, keeps tourism down. Though no ghosts have been confirmed, the surface of the water has been known to give off a slightly green mist when the light is right.

Faye Folk Fountain

Once the central star of the East-side park, the Faye Folk Fountain depicts a scene from Shakespeare's classic play, a Mid Summer's Night Dream, more specifically, it depicts Titania and her four servants waiting on Nick Bottom. Sculpted from black stone and accented by bronze, in it's hay day the fountain was quiet the work of art, though now it's glory is buried beneath decades of dust grime and graffiti, and as water hasn't flowed from the fountain for several years now, it has become a popular spot for the park's narcotic abusers to congregate with their dealers.

Factory District-East southeast

Once the industrial heart of Hub, the factory district hosts dozens of industrial complexes which, in their day, pressed out everything from luxury cars to children's toys. Today, much of the industry of Hub stands still. The last few recesses of this district to remain active are the steel mill, continuing to employ hard working Hub men and woman, and pump out heavy plates of pressed steel to be shipped off to some other city, to be used in the manufacture of everything from luxury cars to steel plated children's toys.

The train yard sits on the eastern edge of town, its rusted iron tracks used to run all throughout the city. Most of them were broken down for scrap, but bits and pieces of forgotten rails still speckle the outer edges of the yard.

Hub City Central Industrialized Power

A large coal burning power plant, responsible for powering the majority of the city. This plant has been called archaic by some, and criminal by others. It's one of the last remaining coal burning plants in the country, and though over the years many attempts have been made to replace it with a cleaner burning solution, the plant, like Hub simply seems to endure. The three brick towers can be seen from across town, and the great black clouds they belch out into the constant overcast above the city can be seen from anywhere within it's boarders.

Hub City Central Train Yard & Switching Station

Once one of the largest switching stations in the nation, today the Hub City train-yard stands as little more than a testament to what once was. Rusting cab cars stand beside outdated engines waiting to be melted down for their steel or simply broken up to be sold as scrap. Years of rain and rust have stained much of the gravel red, and many of the old engines seem forgotten even by the scrap yard. Teenagers have found the old train yard a decent place to drink, party, and conceive children, while the mob has been known to use the empty lots and old engines for 'interrogations.'

On occasion, the two have over lapped, ending unfavorable for the teens, most famously when several members of a graduation celebration encountered a half dozen gangsters. Only those who saw their faces would have been killed, had the others not come to investigate the shots. When all was said and done twenty six high school graduates were gunned down in the train yard, and not a single man was arrested. The case is still open.

Paradise Lane-South southeast

The actual Paradise Lane is only a single street running fifteen blocks east to west, and though the street itself doesn't even occupy the center of the area which has taken its name. The origin of the name comes from the numerous prostitutes which troll Paradise Lane. Originally, several decades ago, Paradise Lane was where you went in Hub if you wanted to pedal or buy some flesh. When the mob moved in however, Paradise Lane became dramatically over crowded and forced to expand.

Once the mob moved in however, prostitution became a major industry, and Paradise Lane itself became insufficient. Territorial women and rivaling employers needed spaces between one another. It started with hotels, full bars and women willing to follow you home for the right price, then it became strip clubs, most of them employing women willing to do more than take their clothes off. Then it became brothels, out right whore houses. On paper they're motels, or down some of the nicer streets hotels, but they're almost entirely staffed by loose women, and even those that won't have sex with you, will likely be able to procure someone who will, among other things.

Today, the area known as Paradise Lane is the single largest red light district in Hub. None of the actions technically legal, the mob polices the area more than the actual police. The various different streets offer the discerning citizen various different intimate interests stretching the gradient from perfectly legal, excusing the prostitution, but otherwise dry exercises, to very specific performances involving very specific people wearing very specific costumes.

Elysian Fields

On paper, the Elysian Fields is a large fourteen story hotel averaging about three and one half stars, nice but not great. In mythology the Elysian Fields are the place within Hades where heroes may find their eternal rest, a kind of paradise for the worthy. In Hub The Elysian Fields is the latest center of prostitution to take up root in the southeast of town. 'Owned' and operated by a madam known as 'The Angler' she's famed for never letting a girl, or guy, go once she gets her hooks into them, and is responsible for maintaining the mob's rule over the streets of Paradise Lane.

In truth the Angler is a coward and, well, a whore. She works out of the Elysian Fields alongside every school girl she lures in, and is often viewed as more of a mother than employer to the many workers of Paradise Lane, the various girls serving as her eyes and ears on the streets, reporting back to their mother Angler, who in turn reports back to the mob, insuring they maintain their hold over virtually all of Hub, through less violent means, when possible.

Stern's End Slum-South southwest

Equal parts condemned buildings and rat infested projects, Stern's End redefines slum. The only flora comes from the brown and prickly weeds growing up from the deep cracks splitting the pavement & roads. The only fauna is restricted to largely feral dogs, cats, rats and flying pests of every variety. Largely residential, the people of Stern's end suffer under rampant poverty, wide spread drug abuse and addiction, as well as prolific violent crime of every variety. The police make the occasional appearance, though are largely absent after dark, and without any real incentive from the powers that be, they're mostly restricted to clean up, tapping off crime scenes, hauling in the obvious murderers, and leaving the rest of the people to rot in their own filth.

Even the mafia knows better than to spend more time than necessary in Stern's, though their enforcers keep the peace, what little of it there is to keep, even the mob knows better than to travel through Stern's End alone.

The Church of Saint Sebastian

A relative new comer to Hub, the Church of Saint Sebastian is located in an old, previously abandoned, church in the rough center of Stern's End. The church was built back when the city was in its prime, and though it has seen better days, the new occupants have done their best to restore it. Though the grass is still dead, the graffiti has been painted over, the bell has been replaced, and the bullet holes have been plastered over. Some of the spiders and bats aren't getting the hint, but the congregation meets every Sunday and have brought some much needed care back to the old church.

The congregation has made an attempt to bring some care back to Stern's End, shooing the rats away, feeding some of the cats & dogs out the back of the church, and encouraging the locals to take pride in their community. The result is that they're often targeted for vandalism, and more often than not the sides of the church are tagged with some manner of graffiti encouraging them to go away and give up. Despite this the church's leader, Saint Sebastian the 9th, continues to preach virtue and love every Sunday, and several of the congregation have been known to picket known mob establishments. Though not the first grass roots reform movement to show itself in Hub, it is the first to show a surprisingly consistent ability to keep it's members alive.

Digger's Field Park

A small residential park that was once quiet the pleasant place, picnic tables, jungle gyms, sandboxes and swing sets are all still present but few parents let their children play here, at least not responsible ones. True enough, inebriated or intoxicated teens can often be found avoiding their likely broken homes here, and sometimes their younger siblings will come to find them, or accompany them, but between the litter, the graffiti and used drug paraphernalia, it's hardly a safe environment for children.

Downtown-West southwest

The most classically 'urban' area of Hub, downtown offers everything one could want, tall buildings house cheep apartments, fancy hotels and the corporate offices of what businesses remain, while off the street you can find discount grocers, all night diners and chain restaurants. In the alleys you can find just about anything you could be looking for, drug trafficking is at its worst here with virtually every illegal narcotic being available, all marked with the local dealer's crest, resembling the constellation Cancer, and while the variety of flesh available here may not be as wide as further east one doesn't generally have to look too far for loose women willing to join them.

Hub City Penitentiary

Colloquially known simply as 'the Pen' and the oldest standing building in Hub, the Hub City Penitentiary has quiet a history. Originally constructed to detain convicts arrested as they traveled through Hub, the prison has become almost famous for its inability to maintain security. Dozens of convicts have escaped from within its concrete walls over the years, and countless more have tried. The soil beneath the penitentiary have been riddled with veritable catacombs of escape tunnels, and old convicts tell tales of those who, in attempting their own escape, dug into previous tunnels and made their way out through them.

Whether because of these stories, or simply because of the remarkably underfunded staff's careless attitude, tunneling has become a popular means of attempted escape for decades. Unfortunately, while there are confirmed tunnels beneath the prison, some of which do in fact reach freedom beyond the prison's walls, many of them are incomplete and as all of them are poorly built, poorly dug, unenforced convict tunnels seldom bigger than their architect needed, they are dark, cramped, cold and uncomfortable.

Over the years, hundreds of prisoners have been reported missing from their cells within the Pen. Few have ever been seen again, and though it is likely that some of them managed to escape and remain unseen, it has been confirmed that at least fifteen convicts have met their demise during an attempted escape. The ill built tunnels beneath the prison are unlit and even if one does dig into an existing tunnel they have no way of knowing where it goes. This combined with tunnels that fail or collapse has caused many men to become buried alive beneath the prison, and though only fifteen of these unfortunate convicts have been confirmed and removed, many more are believed to still be buried beneath the prison.

Some say that this has caused the prison to become haunted by the souls of those that have died there. Rumors of ghostly activity, phantom prisoners, unexplained noises and deathly chills have been reported for years, by prisoners and the prison staff. According to three separate 'paranormal investigators' the prison is one of the most prolifically haunted places in America, and one of the so-called psychics who visited later died of a brain aneurism, he may have been the only one to visit with legitimate psychic powers.

Regardless, the prison remains open for business, due in large part to the massive overcrowding of all local prisons, but also in no small part due to its reputation. While going to jail is little threat to most of the criminals within Hub, being sent to the Pen is often regarded as cruel and unusual, making it one of the few things HCPD has to threaten with.

Sunny Arms Apartments/The Halls of The Abaddon

The Sunny Arms Apartments were an over all average multi-story apartment building, each unit was neither uncomfortably small nor unnecessarily large, they each came with a built in kitchen, and the nicer rooms had a full bath with them. That was a twenty or so years ago now. The Sunny Arms Apartments is now completely bankrupt. The building was going to be gutted and refurbished, but the contractor skipped down after tearing virtually everything he could out of the building. After that funding fell through and the current actual owner of the gutted building is the city, though they have no plans to demolish or renovate the building, they frankly seem unaware that they own it.

Recently however a group referring to themselves as 'The Religion of Crime' have begun squatting in the gutted remains of the apartments, referring to it as "The Halls of the Abaddon" Abaddon referring to the biblical demon Apollyon, known as 'the Destroyer' as well as an archaic term for absolute destruction. The Religion Advocates a kind of divine will similar to psychopathy which states that if a person is physically mentally and spiritually capable of something, than it is god's will for them to perform that action and they should not feel guilty for their actions or remorse for those they have committed crimes against.

For this reason the creed has become very popular among the younger criminals of Hub, using it as a sort of personal validation for their most violent or depraved actions. The priesthood itself advocates a sort of, twisted version of the perfection of self philosophy, training themselves both physically and mentally in an attempt to discover the outer most limitations of their minds, bodies, and spirits, carrying their trainings and mediation to such extremes that many actually practice self mutilation in order to 'perfect' their physical forms.

Offices of Richard Occult, Private Investigator

Five floors a basement, red bricks, brown doors, yellow stained windows and a rather persistent roach problem make for a rather unimpressive office building. While technically only the second floor is being rented by the PI known as Richard Occult, the rest of the building stands vacant. Richard Occult has been using the third floor as his personal living quarters, and his secretary Susan, has taken to vacuuming and cleaning the various rooms in the floors above once a week, keeping them relatively clean, for unoccupied offices in Hub.

Despite being able to pay the rent and utilities every month, Richard Occult doesn't actually seem to do much investigating. Few if any people come in looking to employ him, and when they do they generally can't pay. Most of his income comes from mugging the local criminals, muggers, drug dealers, the occasional mobster, nothing too outrageous but enough to keep a tidy sum in his wall safe and insure he has plenty of money to pay for food, utilities and a little extra for, extra things.

Police Plaza-West northwest

Police Plaza is the name given to the governmental district of Hub. The one area where the police still have a firm hold, Police Plaza houses the HCPD headquarters, the courthouse, the mayoral offices and most of the other essential governmental utilities required to insure the continued illusion of control. Here, crime is remarkably low, even in Hub few people are stupid enough to start trouble in front of Police headquarters, and even the Hub City PD have some sense of pride left. If there's one area of the city they refuse to surrender it's Police Plaza.

The plaza itself is built like a fort, at the center of which is the courthouse. Rumor has it that the police have secretly mounted several fifty caliber machine-guns as key locations around the plaza just encase the city ever devolved into full riot conditions. These rumors are true, however along with military grade machine-guns they also have tear gas grenade launching cannons, and riot suppression hoses.

Last edited by TheDeceiverGod on 7/15/2011, 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 7/13/2011, 11:40 pm

The Hub City Hundred

The mafia's name is "The One Hundred" these Characters are members of the Hub City branch, however, they are not then entire Hub City branch, just the ones you'll be dealing with.
The Great White Whale
Spoiler:
Edward "The Swordfish" Salazar
Spoiler:
Eddy "The Eel" Erikson
Spoiler:
Tony "King Crab" Dechinko
Spoiler:
Johnny “Barracuda” Bertellia
Spoiler:
Nathan “The Sea Snake” Samuelsson
Spoiler:
John “Tigershark” Monroe
Spoiler:
Leonard “Lionfish” Leonhart
Spoiler:
Walter “Man o’ War” Mathews
Spoiler:
Sarah “Snakehead” Byrne
Spoiler:
Marley "Marlin" Salazar
Spoiler:
Angel "Angelfish" Didrikson
Spoiler:
Karen “Stingray” Stevenson
Spoiler:
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 8/16/2011, 5:45 am

The Religion Of Crime
The Dark Faith
The Archbishop
Spoiler:
1st Bishop
Spoiler:
2nd Bishop
Spoiler:
3rd Bishop
Spoiler:
Priest Gash
Spoiler:
Priest Rend
Spoiler:
Priest Slash
Spoiler:
Priest Wound
Spoiler:
Priest Maul
Spoiler:
The Weird Sisters
Sister Scar
Spoiler:
Sister Cripple
Spoiler:
Sister Maim
Spoiler:

Last edited by TheDeceiverGod on 2/8/2012, 5:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hub City: Only dead if you want it to be.  Empty Histories for 65 y.o characters suck to write.

Post by TheDeceiverGod 9/18/2011, 7:59 pm

The Church of Saint Sebastian
The Church of Blood
Saint Sebastian
Spoiler:

Mother Blood
Spoiler:
Kendrick Hamilton
Spoiler:
Jerry Courtier
Spoiler:
Mary Jones
Spoiler:
Steve Jones
Spoiler:
Mabel The Destroyer
Spoiler:
Jean Rhodes
Spoiler:
Alex Mills
Spoiler:
Mr. McKnight
Spoiler:
Jeffry Johnson
Spoiler:
Jenifer Blare
Spoiler:
Theo Black
Spoiler:
Liz Waters
Spoiler:
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenPhoenix185 10/27/2011, 4:06 pm

Sounds awesome! I am so totally interested.
GreenPhoenix185
GreenPhoenix185

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 5/13/2012, 8:43 pm

Hub City Bureaucrats

Mayor Fermin
Spoiler:

District Attorney Schwartz
Spoiler:

Vote Ken Hamilton for District Attorney Smile
Spoiler:

Prosecutor Curtis
Spoiler:

Prosecutor Patrick
Spoiler:

Last edited by TheDeceiverGod on 5/13/2012, 8:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 5/13/2012, 8:44 pm

Hub City Police Department

Chief of Police
Spoiler:

Chief of Detectives
Spoiler:

Captain Al
Spoiler:

Lieutenant Harris
Spoiler:

Special Weapons And Tactics Lead Officer
Spoiler:

Special Weapons And Tactics Weapon Specialist
Spoiler:

Special Weapons And Tactics Heavy Weapons Specialist
Spoiler:

Detective O’Neil
Spoiler:

Detective Finn
Spoiler:

Detective Green
Spoiler:

Last edited by TheDeceiverGod on 5/13/2012, 8:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hub City: Only dead if you want it to be.  Empty And at long flipping last, the last!

Post by TheDeceiverGod 5/13/2012, 8:46 pm

The "Heroes" of Hub City

The Ghost Detective
Spoiler:

The Terrible Tarantula
Spoiler:

Last edited by TheDeceiverGod on 5/13/2012, 9:08 pm; edited 4 times in total
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hub City: Only dead if you want it to be.  Empty Da Rules

Post by TheDeceiverGod 5/13/2012, 8:46 pm

The Rules

Rule #1: I am in charge
I possess divine authority within and in reference to the RP.
Spoiler:

Rule #2: I am special
I get to do things you don’t within the RP.
Spoiler:

Rule #3: Keep your cool
It’s a game guys, don’t take it too seriously.
Spoiler:

Rule #4: Have fun
Seriously guys, there’s no point in playing if you’re not having fun doing it.
Spoiler:

Rule #5: Use the provided materials
I didn’t put in all that work for nothing, don’t make me hurt you.
Spoiler:

Rule #6: Time Stamp Your Posts
Time waits for no man.
Spoiler:

Rule #7: No Bunny Posting
For the good of us all.
Spoiler:

Last edited by TheDeceiverGod on 5/16/2012, 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 5/14/2012, 4:25 pm

Hub City Is Now Accepting Player Characters!

I know it seems like it's been a long time coming, probably because it has, but it's finally here! I am Done working on Hub City! And you know what that means~

It means it's your turn! Muwahahaha!

Just post your character sheets here, right here, in this thread, using the provided character sheet. I will review them, I will reply with whether or not they're accepted and if not than what needs to be changed/edited/whatever reason I had for not accepting them, and Then once all interested parties have signed themselves up I will start the role playing thread in the actual role playing section, and Hub City will officially have Started!
Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy clown Very Happy bounce Smile Very Happy Raven Very Happy Smile Very Happy Very Happy Smile

Then we'll just use this thread for the OOC discussion of things.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/16/2012, 12:35 am

Aqua Girl
Spoiler:

Last edited by Vandal on 4/4/2014, 9:30 am; edited 3 times in total
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 5/16/2012, 6:14 pm

Vandal wrote:
Aqua Girl
Spoiler:

Change "impenetrable" under Superhuman Durability to 'resistant' or even 'highly resistant' and Rhodes is accepted!
Alternatively if you would prefer remove either sharp objects or bullets from the impenetrability list. Just need there to be some danger involved in her fighting someone other than getting her tank busted; since ____ wouldn't really know to exploit that.

Also; I'd like to see a more neutral pose of her, but that's purely optional Razz
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/16/2012, 9:35 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Aqua Girl
Spoiler:

Change "impenetrable" under Superhuman Durability to 'resistant' or even 'highly resistant' and Rhodes is accepted!
Alternatively if you would prefer remove either sharp objects or bullets from the impenetrability list. Just need there to be some danger involved in her fighting someone other than getting her tank busted; since ____ wouldn't really know to exploit that.

Also; I'd like to see a more neutral pose of her, but that's purely optional Razz
Oh sweetness, alright. I wrote this a while back I almost forgot what was on it. But yeah, I'll make the changes; I've been psyched for this for a long time.

And you like her design, huh? Yeahhh you do. I'll draw something up.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 5/16/2012, 10:10 pm

Good to hear, and I look forward to seeing the result ;3
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael 5/17/2012, 2:21 am

The Good Witch of Croatia

Spoiler:

The Rattus Norvegicus

Spoiler:

((There we go all edited. I will finish Andy later after this weeks final))

Last edited by Mame on 6/7/2012, 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/18/2012, 12:19 am

Alright, I edited the character sheet and here she is:
Hub City: Only dead if you want it to be.  Aquagi10
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 5/20/2012, 7:13 pm

Very nice, I like the rust-look on the armored arm.

Also; Mišji needs some kind of physical abilities added for comparison purposes and Esiasch needs some kind of mental ability added for comparison purposes, but other than that they're both good and once adjusted are accepted.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/25/2012, 3:48 am

Circuit

Spoiler:
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/26/2012, 9:59 am

Arthur
Spoiler:

Last edited by Vandal on 6/5/2012, 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 6/1/2012, 3:41 pm

Robin wrote:I'll be posting a sheet soon.
Glad that you'll be making it c:
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 6/4/2012, 5:37 am

Arthur is approved, although I would've liked to see some kind of reference to his mental ability; I don't plan on any mind control or such happening though so it's all good, just a "be aware" for future games. GMs like to know how hard it would be to take over your mind :3

As a side note: my complements on a b-e-a-utiful Character Sheet.

Still waiting on Mišji and Esiasch's updated sheets, but Mame's hit finals this week so we're chilling on that. Again; they just need some mental/physical reference abilities, a simple sentence saying how physical/smart they are, as per S.O.P. though once that happens they're in too.

Circuit needs some revisions before he can be approved. The Hub City RP is existing in it's own little universe so Mission Street hasn't/won't happen and should not be referenced. He needs some mental/physical reference; just a sentence or two about how he's doing in school and whether or not he's passing gym. Once revised he'll be approved. Nice to have you Karm Wink

Good to hear you're in Robin, any hints on which character you'll be using?
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next