DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twist of Fate pre-planning

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Twist of Fate pre-planning - Page 2 Empty Re: Twist of Fate pre-planning

Post by Tizmael 11/4/2013, 12:09 am

THE MISPLACED CRUSADER
Spoiler:

Last edited by Mame on 11/10/2013, 5:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 11/4/2013, 6:11 pm

Updated character sheet.

Arthur
Spoiler:

Last edited by Vandal on 11/9/2013, 2:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 11/6/2013, 1:19 am

Nice work on the new sheet; I was actually writing up Arhtur’s origin intro as if he was seventeen, since that’s what the other sheet said…

One thing that I would like to maybe see changed still is to have the optic camo replaced by something a little less tech-y and a little more magical; it can basically work the exact same just call it something like a ‘Glamour-Coat’ rather than Optic Camo.

Maybe also thin out the magical powers; anything below Slight of Hand I could do without.

And while I have all your sheets here like this all nice and neat a few general notes:
I’d like to hear more about the limitations on Arnold’s powers; does his shapeshifting conceal his tattoos? His clothes?
I also don’t see much on where he got his powers; Brother Blood’s not really much of a magical guy, depending on the incarnation he’s either a dude who uses his followers to smuggle/deal arms, or a power-vampire who couldn’t conjure a pizza without biting someone who already knew how to do that.

Similarly could we maybe call out some specifics in Osterna’s ‘Knight Training,’ I assume she knows how to swing a sword/wear armor, but does that training extend to riding a horse? Mounted Archery? Military Tactics?

I’d also like to know where Arthur got some of his equipment, and/or which items of his equipment/abilities he (or anyone else for that matter) is expecting/wanting to start of their origin story with; for example could Arthur obtain his Magically Enchanted Wand over the course of his origin story? Possibly alongside his Glamour Coat?

And while I’m asking questions I have a less technically and more… erudite question? Bleh that sounds too elitist but whatever.

Ahem.

What would you say is Arnold/Osterna/Arthur’s greatest deficiency?

I don’t mean things like; Arnold’s moral compass points whichever way the wind blows, or Osterna lacks any real means of ranged combat. What I’m looking for here is more like… What is something that your character would be either utterly unqualified for, or something that your character would really have to rely on the other characters/NPC/other people for in the course of either their general day to day or their specific career.

Something like, ‘Osterna is not a very empathetic person, she views herself as a warrior first and foremost; as such should she find herself in a situation where she would have to console or comfort someone, she would be both uncomfortable and ineffective, and may even make matters worse.’

I think I’d like answers to look something like that. “The problem, the source of the problem, and a situation where the problem could impede/obstruct the character’s progress.”
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael 11/6/2013, 3:25 am

Alright, so I did some research and wrote down a sub-list in Osterna's abilities about different aspects of her knight training. There are a thousand and one different things that knights had to know so I decided to spare you and only go with the most important physical aspects of it.

Chivalry is not something I consider to be a particularly important detail.

Now, I had no trouble thinking of what Osterna is not qualified to handle and my only question would be---Would you like this information jotted down as a side note in the character sheet to keep it somewhere easy to reference, or would a simple post on here suffice?

I think I would like to put it on the sheet just so I have it somewhere easy to access, but if you have a preference Dec, I would gladly adhere to it.
Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 11/6/2013, 9:38 am

Actually, I assumed his optic camo from his father's old gear, I'm unsure of any other real way to get it, or to get a glamour cloak unless it's just lying around Zatanna's stuff of things. He also got his kevlar vest from his father's chest of war memorabilia.

At any rate, I had the idea that Zatanna would be training Arthur when she realized he needed a way to focus his magic, his concentration was off and a magically enchanted wand help him in casting since he needs gestures to cast spells.

Arthur has trust issues when it comes to going into battle with others. He doesn't rely on his team mates to make the right choices. He gets this way because of how his girlfriend died, he may trust others off the battlefield, but otherwise, he gets paranoid another may die because of him.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 11/7/2013, 2:24 am

Kevlar vests are something I can see sitting around in an old soldier's war chest; but Optic Camo seems like something that the military might notice is missing.

Zatanna is actually ridiculously powerful, if she wanted to get Arthur a glamour cloak all she'd have to do is say "teG ruhtrA a ruomalg kaolc" and boom. Seriously, she flayed Lobo from head to toe just by saying "niks mih evila"

And yes I would like these questions answered in the Character Sheets just so I can quickly reference them; but I'd also like a new message because I get an email anytime someone responds to this thread.

Question regarding Arthur; does he not trust other people, or does he not trust himself to work with them without getting them killed?
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 11/7/2013, 9:39 am

Again, it isn't that Arthur doesn't trust people, its just when it comes to battle does he have a hard time believing others can hold their own in a fight; because of that he gets over protective.

Arthur believes he's more than capable of handling situations on his own, but when team players get in the mix, he's doesn't think they can survive. Kind of like how Batman felt when Jason died.

I suppose I can just add the cloak in.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael 11/10/2013, 5:43 pm

Putting this last bit of information down here.

Osterna has a few things that would deem her useless and very reliant on more appropriate personalities/people.

Osterna is not particularly equipped for any sort of espionage. Sure, she can sneak around in a dark warehouse or steal papers from an office, but when it comes to the performance portion of gathering intel or sneaking into a gala or a business meeting she is quite ill-equipped. She is a blunt person and due to her beliefs and personality she could not disguise herself as a sexy waitress or any other role that would have her compromise her prudish, hard-core Catholic beliefs.

This isn't to say she could not act, but she would flat out refuse any questionable roles. Not to mention that her lack of modern knowledge would be more of a detriment to her tricking anyone with her acting.

Due to the era and way in which she was born/raised, Osterna is not particularly empathetic to those in suffering emotional trauma. She is blunt and harsh, and does not see a need to hide or sugar coat the truth from a victim merely to spare their feelings. She would do poorly at culling panic or easing someones mind.

All in all, her biggest disadvantage is her antiquated knowledge set. Though she posses a hard spirit and would not often be shocked or startled by the modern world, she has a lot to learn about it and more often than not will not know how to approach new scenarios. She will not know how to work any machinery that is unfamiliar to her time period, nor will she be able to apply modern first aid to anyone in need. She can not be relied on to flip the right switches or even hold an elevator on her own.

(( If this isn't exactly what you're looking for Dec, just tell me so~))

Also, new Osterna design....!

Spoiler:
Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 11/14/2013, 12:42 am

I did some more work on Arnold's sheet, let me know what you think and if i'm more on the money this time.

Spoiler:
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 11/24/2013, 11:08 pm

Sorry about not getting around to stuff this week; I ended up working Saturday and while I meant to update stuff today, I'm just feeling sort of burned out. Hopefully I can get responses to ya'll up sometime mid week.

If I don't; expect a post this coming weekend. I said once a fortnight and I meant once a fortnight gosh darn it.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Disclaimer
Our DC Comics Fanbase community does not own any copywritten material owned by DC Comics Inc. All rights are reserved to the owners.