DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Web Comic

+29
JusticeBorn
Terra
Rain
Rinisa
Starfire_02
Eve
FloatingMagikarp
trainergreen
Forza3yeah
Rachel1466
~Angel~
archiesangel
Laughing_Man
Cylor
EllaMila1
Riaaanna
Vandal
j1e3s5
PJA1692
AddyBaby
redeagle321
ravenfan
thewizardofodd12
Sierra
Naked Snake
Raevien
Blitzkrieg
Thecrazykid3649
TheDeceiverGod
33 posters

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Teen Titans Web Comic - Page 3 Empty Re: Teen Titans Web Comic

Post by Raevien 7/22/2009, 12:30 pm

Naked Snake wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:Idea:

Auditions. Have all prospective writers/artists submit a portfolio of their work, and choose the best of the lot.

I like the idea of auditions, I had thought of doing something similar for the artists in order to decide who goes where. So let's do this.

Writers, please submit a one to three paragraph well formatted episode idea, keeping in mind that unlike those in the episode thread we'll be looking to build something upon these. Now more random ideas I'm afraid, now we need something which can be built upon, and even the best idea can run dry if it wasn't formed with the thought of precipitating events.

Artists, please submit a one to three character line art images, something that could be turned into the first cover of our little comic. We'll run it through my system to see if it works before we get too started, and the person who does each job best will be the person who gets that job.

All in favor? All apposed?

Edit: I'd like to stress the idea of keeping it simple in these. We're not trying to reinvent the wheel here, we're just trying to see who's the most capable for what job. Writers, don't agonize over every word, just looking to see who can communicate their ideas the smoothest. Artists, don't tear up your first ten drawings because they weren't good enough, if line art isn't you thing maybe you wanna wait until we're further down the production line to throw your hat in.

Approved. I was thinking more along the lines of a portfolio, but that works out too.

Dx You leave for three days and BAM, there's too much to read.

Guuh, portfolio. That word scares me now.

But yes, auditions definately seem the best route along with, like...I dunno, I don't want to say a vote. >_> Because that can go haywire. We're going to have to be seriously organized people...I'd like to just stress that a comic is a freaking huge commitment.

We can't have people dropping out 'cause then we'll be struggling to fill emptied jobs. So if you're in, you just signed us your soul. >;P
We HAVE to have a clear plan on where we're going with it, how often we'll update so we don't get all over the place, keep EVERYONE posted if for some reason you can't perform your job (maybe you're sick, going out of town, got grounded, etc etc etc).

That's why I'm kinda iffy if I should get involved. T.T My portfolio for school is more important than most things right now and I've got my own webcomic that I'm sorta writing solo right now 'cause the rest of the F4 are outta town. Not to mention my parents are trying to get me to get a third job. Yeah, a THIRD one. >_>

So, I dunno guys. I might have to sit this adventure out as an artist. I could probably remain 'lead artist' if ya'll want me to, since that sounds like I don't actually have to draw anything. Just be the annoying bosswoman. xP If you want, I can show you some of my comicings...I think I've got maybe 4 comic pages worth showing.
I could probably remain a writer. Soooo, guess I'll be auditioning for that. *cracks knuckles*
Do we have deadlines for this? Deadlines are important people. Because no deadlines = procrastination.
And trust me. With as busy as I am, if there's no deadline, I might just forget about it among my other trains of thought. Dx Not that I want to, but...it might happen.

SO YEAH, that's my imput. Hopefully I didn't miss something and make myself sound silly.
Raevien
Raevien

http://reavien.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 7/22/2009, 3:48 pm

Raevien wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:Idea:

Auditions. Have all prospective writers/artists submit a portfolio of their work, and choose the best of the lot.

I like the idea of auditions, I had thought of doing something similar for the artists in order to decide who goes where. So let's do this.

Writers, please submit a one to three paragraph well formatted episode idea, keeping in mind that unlike those in the episode thread we'll be looking to build something upon these. Now more random ideas I'm afraid, now we need something which can be built upon, and even the best idea can run dry if it wasn't formed with the thought of precipitating events.

Artists, please submit a one to three character line art images, something that could be turned into the first cover of our little comic. We'll run it through my system to see if it works before we get too started, and the person who does each job best will be the person who gets that job.

All in favor? All apposed?

Edit: I'd like to stress the idea of keeping it simple in these. We're not trying to reinvent the wheel here, we're just trying to see who's the most capable for what job. Writers, don't agonize over every word, just looking to see who can communicate their ideas the smoothest. Artists, don't tear up your first ten drawings because they weren't good enough, if line art isn't you thing maybe you wanna wait until we're further down the production line to throw your hat in.

Approved. I was thinking more along the lines of a portfolio, but that works out too.

Dx You leave for three days and BAM, there's too much to read.

Guuh, portfolio. That word scares me now.

But yes, auditions definately seem the best route along with, like...I dunno, I don't want to say a vote. >_> Because that can go haywire. We're going to have to be seriously organized people...I'd like to just stress that a comic is a freaking huge commitment.

We can't have people dropping out 'cause then we'll be struggling to fill emptied jobs. So if you're in, you just signed us your soul. >;P
We HAVE to have a clear plan on where we're going with it, how often we'll update so we don't get all over the place, keep EVERYONE posted if for some reason you can't perform your job (maybe you're sick, going out of town, got grounded, etc etc etc).

That's why I'm kinda iffy if I should get involved. T.T My portfolio for school is more important than most things right now and I've got my own webcomic that I'm sorta writing solo right now 'cause the rest of the F4 are outta town. Not to mention my parents are trying to get me to get a third job. Yeah, a THIRD one. >_>

So, I dunno guys. I might have to sit this adventure out as an artist. I could probably remain 'lead artist' if ya'll want me to, since that sounds like I don't actually have to draw anything. Just be the annoying bosswoman. xP If you want, I can show you some of my comicings...I think I've got maybe 4 comic pages worth showing.
I could probably remain a writer. Soooo, guess I'll be auditioning for that. *cracks knuckles*
Do we have deadlines for this? Deadlines are important people. Because no deadlines = procrastination.
And trust me. With as busy as I am, if there's no deadline, I might just forget about it among my other trains of thought. Dx Not that I want to, but...it might happen.

SO YEAH, that's my imput. Hopefully I didn't miss something and make myself sound silly.

u were gone for 3 days? *blinks* lol yeah raevien has a point. were gonna need a lot of dedicated people. oh and can i keep the souls? Twisted Evil XD
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

https://www.youtube.com/thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitzkrieg 7/22/2009, 3:59 pm

i would have liked to have been a part of this but since i have school coming up and college i won't have a lot of time to do so. and yes we do need a lot of dedicated people for this.
Blitzkrieg
Blitzkrieg

Location : Wherever the wind blows as it carries me on its lofty wings. lol no really really Earth.

https://www.youtube.com/user/tahtunka08

Back to top Go down

Post by PJA1692 7/22/2009, 8:48 pm

i wanna help, but i dont wanna read 4 pages, what can i do?
PJA1692
PJA1692

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 7/22/2009, 9:24 pm

*deep breath*

OK. Let's see.

Raevien, no hard feelings if you're too busy to keep in touch I find that most web comics which attempt to hold to deadlines too strictly tend to not to work too well. That being said deadlines was a useful tool for motivation so, let us see, today is the the twenty-second 22 of July where I live, so how the seventh of next month, that would the the 7th of August. We ask for the line art for the auditions to be finished? I'm not really an artists so I'll defer to you guy's judgment as to whether that is enough time.

And just to keep things simple why don't we ask that the writer's have their work together by then as well?

Deadlines check.

Devoted individuals.

In my experience once you have people start something, and get something concrete that they can look at and say, I did that, keep them informed of the progress of the next step and baring any life altering events, they tend to stay committed. It's those people who flake off the exterior during take off that you have to be careful of.

With that in mind I did try to mitigate the work required of every individual in hopes that no one person would become too essential to the process that they can't be replaced. Keep that in mind slave jokers muwhahahahaha. Anyway, I do foresee some people being unable to fulfill their commitments, but in the even that that happens I have hopes that we will be able to replace them. Thus the attempt to mitigate how involved anyone person is, and how many people required to pass go.

Current jobs was:
Writers
General Concept Generator:TheCrazyKid
A Concept Approval Officer:
B Lead Script Producer:
C Assistant Script Producer:
D Final Draft Approval Officer:

Artists
Lead Artist:Raevien?
Line Artist:
Colorist:
Effects Manager:
Typesetter:

Descriptions of the tasks involved in each job can be found on page three, I was attempting to link to it but something keeps messing it up.
[url=https://titans.4umer.com/ideas-f5/teen-casserole -web-comic-t181-30.htm#4370]Here[/url]

People interested in taking jobs was
Writers
Thecrazykid3649
Thewizardofodd12
Shadow(sundavr baen)
Raevien
Redeagle
Ravenfan

Artists
Redeagle
Ravenfan
Raevien
Shadow
Addybaby

Last edited by thecrazykid3649 on 7/24/2009, 11:01 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : What the heck was it doing to the link?!)
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 7/23/2009, 7:00 am

TheDeceiverGod wrote:*deep breath*

OK. Let's see.

Raevien, no hard feelings if you're too busy to keep in touch I find that most web comics which attempt to hold to deadlines too strictly tend to not to work too well. That being said deadlines was a useful tool for motivation so, let us see, today is the the twenty-second 22 of July where I live, so how the seventh of next month, that would the the 7th of August. We ask for the line art for the auditions to be finished? I'm not really an artists so I'll defer to you guy's judgment as to whether that is enough time.

And just to keep things simple why don't we ask that the writer's have their work together by then as well?

Deadlines check.

Devoted individuals.

In my experience once you have people start something, and get something concrete that they can look at and say, I did that, keep them informed of the progress of the next step and baring any life altering events, they tend to stay committed. It's those people who flake off the exterior during take off that you have to be careful of.

With that in mind I did try to mitigate the work required of every individual in hopes that no one person would become too essential to the process that they can't be replaced. Keep that in mind slave jokers muwhahahahaha. Anyway, I do foresee some people being unable to fulfill their commitments, but in the even that that happens I have hopes that we will be able to replace them. Thus the attempt to mitigate how involved anyone person is, and how many people required to pass go.

Current jobs was:
Writers
B Lead Script Producer:

Artists
Line Artist:
Colorist:
Effects Manager:
Typesetter:

Descriptions of the tasks involved in each job can be found on page three, I was attempting to link to it but something keeps messing it up.
[url=https://titans.4umer.com/ideas-f5/teen-casserole -web-comic-t181-30.htm#4370]Here[/url]

Writers
Thecrazykid3649
Thewizardofodd12
Shadow(sundavr baen)
Raevien
Redeagle
Ravenfan

Artists
Redeagle
Ravenfan
Raevien
Shadow

.....So that means i'll be like the head of writing? i have to think of the central plot for each episode/volume/issue/, basically, and make them connect to future episodes?
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Sierra 7/23/2009, 10:08 am

thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Sundavr Baen wrote:I'm willing to attempt to help, but I have absoulutely no experience and not as much talent as I'd like on the subject, and few materials to work with.... x.o; I don't help much, do I...

Ur will to contribute is help enough. Wink what is it that u can do?
Sorry I took so long replying. I'd be best as a writer... I don't have any real artistic tools or talent. I can try and help in that area, but.... meh.
Sierra
Sierra

Back to top Go down

Post by PJA1692 7/23/2009, 10:56 am

i dont know if im to late, but i would like to help with the writing
PJA1692
PJA1692

Back to top Go down

Post by AddyBaby 7/24/2009, 10:53 am

TheDeceiverGod wrote:*deep breath*

OK. Let's see.

Deadlines check.

Devoted individuals.

Current jobs was:
Writers
B Lead Script Producer:

Artists
Line Artist:
Colorist:
Effects Manager:
Typesetter:

Writers
Thecrazykid3649
Thewizardofodd12
Shadow(sundavr baen)
Raevien
Redeagle
Ravenfan

Artists
Redeagle
Ravenfan
Raevien
Shadow

You forgot me! I'll be submitting some new stuff to my deviantart soon, which shall serve as my portfolio.
I have a link to my deviantart in the art thread, under 'Addybaby's art'
AddyBaby
AddyBaby

Back to top Go down

Post by j1e3s5 8/12/2009, 12:37 am

hey guys, as i have told some of you i am a artist, and i always liked to write, but idk if i could be a writer, anyway i have made my own comic characters from scratch, though i dont think there that bad there not that good either,at least compared to professional comics,but i have never taken someone elses comic char, for example, beast boy or raven, and tried to give it my own style, so yes you can put me down as a artist for sure, but this will be a learning experience for me just remember, you said the lead artist would need to be both writer and artist, idk if i am qualified for that or not, but i would be open for suggestions like you said, but another question i have is this, theres gonna be multiple artists, but the thing is we will have to get our styles in sync, if you are a artist you prob know what i mean? i could say draw raven one way, and then some other artist could draw her another way in same pose, but they wont look the same, but i guess we could fix this by drawing them the way they were in the show, but that would be very VERY hard, i am not too good in the anime style, and i assume you guys are thinking of more comicy stuff? idk much bout this stuff agian so just giving my thoughts here but i am glad to help ^^
j1e3s5
j1e3s5

Back to top Go down

Post by j1e3s5 8/12/2009, 12:58 am

gah i missed page 4 sry, i didnt know there was a deadline, but couple of questions, i am horrible with dates but i am pretty sure its past it right? if so can i still contribute my art? i just heard of this today so i dont have anything prepared but could you extend it couple days maby? kk second what is line art or what ever he said we should make, he said one to three characters in line something anyway sry idk if that means just a sketch of them or what, and last i wanted to say that i have school coming up in a month, that i kinda forgot about, hehe my senior year Razz not saying i cant do it, but if we do get this thing off and rolling i have alot more free time this month than i will in the school year just keep in mind, so i will need to think about it, but i think i will still be able to manage but if i cant plz dont hate me >< lol and nobody make fun of me for not knowing the dates>< lol i have no calander around me and i looked and stuff and idk!>< lol
j1e3s5
j1e3s5

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 8/12/2009, 5:25 pm

Yes the deadline passed, yes you can still submit art.
Line art is just art that doesn't have color, generally it's a little above a sketch but simply put it's the line for art, no shade no color no highlights or shadows or whatever just black lines for the edges of Robin's mask Raven's face shadow etc etc.
To elevate the difference in style were were going to have, or at least in my plan we were, to have one person do the line art, then another do the colors, and another do the text boxes and another do the effects and so on and so forth, so that the main character style would pretty much always belong to the line artist, but the coloring would always be the same because the same person who isn't the line artist would always be doing the colors and so on and so forth.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by j1e3s5 8/12/2009, 6:44 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:Yes the deadline passed, yes you can still submit art.
Line art is just art that doesn't have color, generally it's a little above a sketch but simply put it's the line for art, no shade no color no highlights or shadows or whatever just black lines for the edges of Robin's mask Raven's face shadow etc etc.
To elevate the difference in style were were going to have, or at least in my plan we were, to have one person do the line art, then another do the colors, and another do the text boxes and another do the effects and so on and so forth, so that the main character style would pretty much always belong to the line artist, but the coloring would always be the same because the same person who isn't the line artist would always be doing the colors and so on and so forth.

ty for the reply, but last night i was considering not doing this, for the school reasons and i might be leaving the forums, long story, anyway, i am gonna give it some deep thought, but it sounds like it could work, idk, but dont put me down for ANYTHING SURE yet please, i said put me down as artist but like i said i forgot to think about school, and this other problem, so sry for the confusion and what would be my deadline for this also? ty very much ^^
j1e3s5
j1e3s5

Back to top Go down

Post by j1e3s5 8/17/2009, 3:03 am

lol wow>< is this thread dead?>< 5 days and noone replys? well i did some drawings, but there just me drawing off of another picture so ya not my poses or nothing so they dont count but at least i got in the drawing mood. and also i was gonna say if i havent already, that i think i might not do this, lol if only one person is gonna be drawing then thats a lot of work! i mean drawing is the most time consuming and what not, and if we were only gonna have one, and since i will only draw, while having someone color and text would decrease the pressure on the drawer, if i am the drawer i would ask myself why am i not just making this myself?>< but anyway idk this thread dead?????
j1e3s5
j1e3s5

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/14/2009, 7:00 pm

hey is this thing going on still?
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 9/15/2009, 2:50 pm

not so much no.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/15/2009, 4:30 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:not so much no.
well, if the poll says most of us can make our own TT stuff, then why not get this going? Don't let this die. This is a creative idea. Smile
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 9/15/2009, 4:34 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:
well, if the poll says most of us can make our own TT stuff, then why not get this going? Don't let this die. This is a creative idea. Smile

umm riri...where IS the poll? O.o
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/15/2009, 4:43 pm

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:

I have absolutely NO idea. Must've been Phantom...
Crazy, your sig and my sig doesn't work well... You see that?
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 9/15/2009, 4:45 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:

I know. and neither does urs....
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/15/2009, 4:48 pm

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:

I know. and neither does urs....

Phantom. Huh. He's messing with us. AND our sig. Hold on, I'll try to get this right.

Last edited by Rianna Lauren on 9/15/2009, 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/15/2009, 4:50 pm

Crazy, go to your profile and edit your signature. The HTML code is off, and I can't turn it on... Or can I? Wait a sec...

Nope. I can't.
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/15/2009, 9:32 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:Crazy, go to your profile and edit your signature. The HTML code is off, and I can't turn it on... Or can I? Wait a sec...

Nope. I can't.

.... You guys think Phantom is messing solely with the admin accounts?
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/16/2009, 4:34 am

Mercy wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:Crazy, go to your profile and edit your signature. The HTML code is off, and I can't turn it on... Or can I? Wait a sec...

Nope. I can't.

No idea. I fixed it because there were some random codes inserted in the sig, making it unable to show my picture properly. Nobody put in that code. And the only one that can edit a profile other than the user him/herself, is the admin.
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Raevien 9/16/2009, 10:49 am

Mercy wrote:

Nope. I can't.

....Phan's not doing anything. D: She's been hanging out with Gar and Roy all day. ....

*SHOT*
*shotshotshot*

Sorry...I had to.

Uh, so. >.> What exactly is going on?
Raevien
Raevien

http://reavien.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down