DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pet Peeves

+12
thewizardofodd12
Cylor
Negromancer
redeagle321
RustleXer
Vandal
Thecrazykid3649
TTfan
Xenophobic Sponge
Naked Snake
Riaaanna
Raevien
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pet Peeves Empty Pet Peeves

Post by Raevien 10/26/2009, 12:03 pm

Because venting is good (as long as it's CONTROLLED) and on one of the old boards I was on, we had a 'pet peeve' board, that was actually pretty useful as far as limited venting went.

And by LIMITED, this board canNOT be used to shoot flames at people. xP It's for venting real life pet peeves and whatever as long as they're controlled, rather brief and very vague as far as referring to people. ...call it therapy, if you will. Whatever. I don't care.

Right now, I'm in art class, and would like to vent my pet peeve about people assuming that JUST because I'm a decent artist, must obviously mean I know EVERYTHING about art. One of the girls just asked me what type of painting all the little dots are (pointleism, I think), and I said I didn't know and immediately everyone began to make a big deal out of it.

I'm a self taught artist--planning on majoring in comic art and animation.
The wet media is NOT my strength.

And it's really annoying when people just assume I know everything about every art form and artist out there.

SO YEAH. >:l ....I feel better now. xD

Also. I hate bad drivers. ...just to set a general pet peeve in.
Raevien
Raevien

http://reavien.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Pet Peeves Empty Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Riaaanna 10/26/2009, 5:29 pm

I hate stereotypes. Neutral
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 10/26/2009, 7:09 pm

Economic downturn. I would like a job sometime soon.

Twilight. IT'S NOT A MOTHERFROGGING SAGA, FOOLS.

Waking up before seven AM, long after that period of my life should have been over and done with. Curse you, redundant class schedule...!

This burn on my tongue from last week that hasn't healed yet.

People who get pissy when you compare Twilight to Harry Potter. It's over-rated literature marketed towards a shared demographic; of COURSE you can compare them!

Bad fanfiction. Fun to mock, but difficult to sift through.

Malfunctioning electronics.

Writer's block.

Getting winded while hiking to my girlfriend's school.

Having to buy a Joel Schumacher film for her birthday. That man ruined Batman for years.

The Sorrow. It's the single most aggravating part of that entire game.

Shape-Memory Alloy. It's the single most aggravating part of THAT entire game.

My brother's constant need to remind me of things he has already told me.

Ineptitude.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 10/26/2009, 7:14 pm

People who have the television on, or the radio, or just have loud people in the background when they call someone on the phone. If you are the one calling someone, you make damn sure your end of the phone line is quiet. It's just common courtesy. Argh.

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by TTfan 10/26/2009, 7:38 pm

wow pet peeves.. i've got so many..
1. when people who come into my house, and are barefoot
2. when people sneeze at the dinner table (it ruins the enitre meal!)
3. when people say the word like( i was like at the mall and like... u get were im going with this...)
4. double dipping
5. when people eat off the floor
6. washing my hands and then touching paper
7. when people scratch their hands on paper
8. styraphome
9. when people sing while they are listening to music
10.dirty fingernails
11. when people touch your food
and those are some that i can only think of one the spot
(i'm a little paranoid:)
TTfan
TTfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 10/26/2009, 9:00 pm

My pet peeves are:

- People who stereotype ( I know, Riri, that pisses me off too! Think they know me BEFORE they know me. >.>)
- People who need an ego check
- Hypocrites
- Someone who won't take responsibility for their actions
- People who just don't give a dang about their future
- People who refuse wisdom
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

https://www.youtube.com/thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 10/26/2009, 11:06 pm

To have a pet peeve and dwell on it is to not enjoy life.

Things are bound to happen our way, don't sweat the small stuff.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raevien 10/26/2009, 11:38 pm

Mercy wrote:To have a pet peeve and dwell on it is to not enjoy life.

Myeh, that's what the board is for. For letting it out and NOT dwelling on it. :/

...'least, it works with me. I got over my little pet peeve shortly after posting it. *shrug* Sometimes it helps to let it out instead of hold it in and dwell on it.
Raevien
Raevien

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 10/27/2009, 4:46 am

Raevien wrote:
Mercy wrote:To have a pet peeve and dwell on it is to not enjoy life.

Myeh, that's what the board is for. For letting it out and NOT dwelling on it. :/

...'least, it works with me. I got over my little pet peeve shortly after posting it. *shrug* Sometimes it helps to let it out instead of hold it in and dwell on it.

Good point, Mecry. But I never dwell on the pet peeves; I just posted things that occassionally make me upset. We are all human. It's only natural to get pissed at times. And there are certain things that know how to get under our skin. Not that I dwell on them, though.
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

https://www.youtube.com/thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by RustleXer 10/27/2009, 4:57 am

1. twilight - so over-rated, i really use to like vampires but now because of twilight i've started to hate them... damn you edward
2. people talking behind your back and acting nice to you when they see you
3. nosy people
4. people who can't accept the fact that ninjas are better than pirates Razz
5. bands who were previously unknown i.e. paramore suddenly becoming extremely popular and selling out. i mean their old stuff was gold but now... it sounds like they're trying to please the majority. the same with fall out boy... use to be a good punk band but now..... they've changed, and not for the better
6. people who think street art is graffiti...
RustleXer
RustleXer

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/27/2009, 9:23 am

I hate it, in TT FanFictions, when:

• They make Starfire say “Friend” in front of every name that she’s about to call.
  • They make Raven as a gothic emo that hates herself for being “ugly” and always cuts her wrists and commit suicide.
  • They threw Cyborg out of the picture when the other Titans are… say… playing on the beach. “…but Cyborg stayed on the shore because of his robotic properties.”
    He is waterproof, dammit!
  • They put in OCs as a titan’s long lost brother/sister/family/whatever, and suddenly he/she joins the titans and all the titans trust him/her without a doubt at all. They had bad experiences with Terra, do you think they would let that happen again?
  • They put in OCs that are Mary Sue. REALLY hate that. DX
  • They put in “Summary sucks… Title sucks… Story not as bad as it sounds…” in fanfiction summaries. Really? If you can’t write a good summary, I doubt that you can write a good story that’s actually longer and more complex.
  • They bash characters. Don’t bash characters. Neutral
  • They ignore spelling and grammar. A few mistakes are fine, nobody’s perfect. But a story like this or this really does not deserve to be published at all.
  • Their stories have NO originality.
  • They ignore canon stuff and say, “Screw canon, it’s fanfiction, b*tch!” (Ehm. Thank you Amethyst Turtle from FanFiction.net for this. Wink)
  • They aren’t sensitive about homophones. “They’re” and “their”, “waist” and “waist”, and so on.
  • They write a story about something they have no idea about. Slade is NOT Batman, he’s not Robin’s long lost father, or brother, or uncle, or grandpa, or husband!! So before writing anything, you better have some basic background knowledge.

…That was long. xDD
Sorry. I’ve been in FF.net for almost a year now and some stories just bug me to no end… It feels good to let it out. :D
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/27/2009, 10:47 am

The Professor wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:[*]They ignore spelling and grammar. A few mistakes are fine, nobody’s perfect. But a story like this or this really does not deserve to be published at all.

Seriously? My god. I mean, I know she's 12, but seriously? There's just no excuse for that mess.

Tell me about it. An 8 year old boy can write better than that.
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 10/27/2009, 10:59 am

EMO BEAST BOY NEEDS HIS EYELINER

X and Ri are the two greatest people in the world as of now.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/27/2009, 11:11 am

Naked Snake wrote:X and Ri are the two greatest people in the world as of now.

Well, thank you. But may I ask why?
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Raevien 10/27/2009, 11:55 am

Naked Snake wrote:EMO BEAST BOY NEEDS HIS EYELINER
BUT ROBIN STILL HAS IT.
OOOH, THE IRONY OF IT ALL.

Rianna Lauren wrote:I hate it, in TT FanFictions, when:

• They make Starfire say “Friend” in front of every name that she’s about to call.
  • They make Raven as a gothic emo that hates herself for being “ugly” and always cuts her wrists and commit suicide.
  • They threw Cyborg out of the picture when the other Titans are… say… playing on the beach. “…but Cyborg stayed on the shore because of his robotic properties.”
  • They put in OCs as a titan’s long lost brother/sister/family/whatever, and suddenly he/she joins the titans and all the titans trust him/her without a doubt at all. They had bad experiences with Terra, do you think they would let that happen again?
  • They put in “Summary sucks… Title sucks… Story not as bad as it sounds…” in fanfiction summaries. Really? If you can’t write a good summary, I doubt that you can write a good story that’s actually longer and more complex.
  • They ignore spelling and grammar. A few mistakes are fine, nobody’s perfect. But a story like this or this really does not deserve to be published at all.
  • They ignore canon stuff and say, “Screw canon, it’s fanfiction, b*tch!” (Ehm. Thank you Amethyst Turtle from FanFiction.net for this. Wink)
  • They aren’t sensitive about homophones. “They’re” and “their”, “waist” and “waist”, and so on.
  • They write a story about something they have no idea about. Slade is NOT Batman, he’s not Robin’s long lost father, or brother, or uncle, or grandpa, or husband!! So before writing anything, you better have some basic background knowledge.

…That was long. xDD
Sorry. I’ve been in FF.net for almost a year now and some stories just bug me to no end… It feels good to let it out. :D

8D I'm going to add to this because I'm a twit <3
  • When they make Beast Boy freaking dumber than a post. He's a LOT smarter than he lets on, people. And he's proven it.
  • When characters who would never cuss, cuss. Come on. Really. Starfire would never curse (unless it was on accident due to her not knowing the word) and I just can't, for the life of me, see BB cursing. Sorry. I can't.
  • An overload of f-bombs. What is it with people and thinking that makes a story great? It just makes you sound like an idiot who has absolutely no vocabulary.
  • People who don't know how to vary the word "said" (i.e. They don't use things like "Beast Boy offered", "Raven suggested", "Cyborg exclaimed", etc)
  • People who are unwilling to take advice/constructive criticism
  • Out Of Characterness. In general. I can't stand this.
  • When the characters are stereotyped. Like, yes, I KNOW Speedy was a womanizer in the comics, which would lead to him being a flirt in the show or whatever, but, really. The boy has more personality than being a flirtatious twit. He has more interests than "hey, baby, whatchu do'n on Friday night? ;D"
  • When people make Aqualad gay by default. T_____T I'm sorry. I don't care if the show portrayed him as an eye-candy man-hunk. He's. NOT. GAY. JKLjdlfjsd. >.> *flails arms about*
  • Most "Terra returns" stories. ...they tend to be not only poorly written, but very very cliche and unoriginal.
  • Failure to establish relationships between characters (i.e. two characters fall in love in a matter of days...that's so Disney.)
  • Angst angst angst angst angst angst angst angst angst (See? It gets annoying after a while. Not even Batman broods THAT much, he's too busy.)

Aaand, that's all I can think of right now. >3> ....gosh, I sound picky. x]
Raevien
Raevien

Back to top Go down

Post by Raevien 10/27/2009, 12:09 pm

The Professor wrote:
Raevien wrote:

• Out Of Characterness. In general. I can't stand this.

To that, let me add this:

• When people write out of character, know it, do nothing about it, and actually advertise it in their summery.

Yes. Heck friggen yes. T_T
Raevien
Raevien

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 10/27/2009, 3:11 pm

BEAST BOY HAS AN IQ OF THIRTY BECAUSE HE IS REALLY STUPID HE NEEDS A MACHINE TO MAKE HIM NOT SUCK AND CHANGE HIM SO THAT THINGS WORK OUT HOLY CRAP I SAID "CHANGE" AND "THINGS" IN THE SAME SENTENCE NO BEAST BOY PUT THE GUN DOWN YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO LIVE FOR

-_-
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 10/27/2009, 3:35 pm

My list of peves is small- I'm a reltively easy guy, but here:
1-) Rudeness, especially when you hold the door open for someone and they say 'get out of my way.' It irritates me to no end Evil or Very Mad
2-) killing raven. I have grown to hate that EVERY OTHER FANFIC has her commit suicide. she is NOT emmo, barely even goth. She is just earthy and monotone. there IS a difference, she has even has google-eyed boys and laughed out loud before.
3-) people hitting my car and not telling me that they did. my car looks like a, well, car wreck (Creative, I know) >_>
4-) when other guys eyeball my girlfriend and ask her if she has plans friday night and ask her sick stuff. She would never leave or anything, but it is irritating in the HIGHEST when people hit on my GF (But then she gives them an uppercut, and it reminds me what I love about her I love you )
5-) Door to door salesmen. especialy the same one multiple times a day. it's waaaaaaaaaaay bad in my neighhborhood
6-) flow when is no there. Sentence

THat's all there is ..;

Last edited by redeagle321 on 10/27/2009, 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 10/27/2009, 4:04 pm

redeagle321 wrote:
4-) when other guys eyeball my girlfriend and ask her if she has plans friday night and ask her sick stuff. (But then she gives them an uppercut, and it reminds me what I love about her I love you )

If she punches them, is that something to be peeved about? If she's gonna love you anyways what's to get pissed at?
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/27/2009, 5:35 pm

Naked Snake wrote:BEAST BOY HAS AN IQ OF THIRTY BECAUSE HE IS REALLY STUPID HE NEEDS A MACHINE TO MAKE HIM NOT SUCK AND CHANGE HIM SO THAT THINGS WORK OUT HOLY CRAP I SAID "CHANGE" AND "THINGS" IN THE SAME SENTENCE NO BEAST BOY PUT THE GUN DOWN YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO LIVE FOR

-_-

Yes! You sound exactly like that author of stories that I linked you guys to. But still, she sounds WAY more stupid. Razz
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Negromancer 10/27/2009, 5:59 pm

Naked Snake wrote:BEAST BOY HAS AN IQ OF THIRTY BECAUSE HE IS REALLY STUPID HE NEEDS A MACHINE TO MAKE HIM NOT SUCK AND CHANGE HIM SO THAT THINGS WORK OUT HOLY CRAP I SAID "CHANGE" AND "THINGS" IN THE SAME SENTENCE NO BEAST BOY PUT THE GUN DOWN YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO LIVE FOR

-_-

I couldn't agree more
Negromancer
Negromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 10/27/2009, 6:19 pm

Mercy wrote:
redeagle321 wrote:
4-) when other guys eyeball my girlfriend and ask her if she has plans friday night and ask her sick stuff. (But then she gives them an uppercut, and it reminds me what I love about her I love you )

If she punches them, is that something to be peeved about? If she's gonna love you anyways what's to get pissed at?
Meh, call me overbearing if you will. I just can't stand people eyeing her. it's so gross to have people hitting on your significant other, even though we are inseperable and totally devoted.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by RustleXer 10/29/2009, 2:04 am

…That was long. xDD

wow chill out there :S
RustleXer
RustleXer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cylor 10/29/2009, 2:54 am

You know what...? I agree completely.
Cylor
Cylor

http://sincronos.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/29/2009, 4:09 am

@RustleXer: XD lol I really can't take such stupid mistakes. Vocabulary and grammar and a few typos are okay, but those are just annoying.

@Cylor: Why, thank you. Smile
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Disclaimer
Our DC Comics Fanbase community does not own any copywritten material owned by DC Comics Inc. All rights are reserved to the owners.