DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random News

+46
Radiance
redeagle321
Quickfeather
Cylor
Xenophobic Sponge
Bass_so_low
TheDeceiverGod
miniloaf94
RustleXer
princess of darkness
zillyboy
Starfire_02
Music_Hero2779
Nightstar19
Faust
starfire1996
StaticJames
TheGoAsk
ChoMo
Vandal
quinceyleejonas
Laughing_Man
SylverBluTitan
archiesangel
Negromancer
Azrael
EllaMila1
~Angel~
makamook
0chocolachao0
Titans_Fan123
pentatitans5
Rachel1466
PJA1692
Sierra
ravenfan
StarxRob4ever
BeastBoysGirl93
Forza3yeah
Naked Snake
artemis 1223
Blitzkrieg
Riaaanna
Thecrazykid3649
thewizardofodd12
FloatingMagikarp
50 posters

Page 30 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 38  Next

Go down

Random News - Page 30 Empty Re: Random News

Post by Vandal 10/17/2009, 3:27 pm

Naked Snake wrote:
Not everything needs to have a message to be a good time; shows like South Park lose sight of this a lot.

South Park has had a string of fantastic episodes, thankyouverymuch. *hmph* And, may I add, the most recent one was rather message-less. Hilarious, too.

South Park is so perfect. In every way its flawless.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 10/17/2009, 5:07 pm

Family Guy relies far to heavily on cut-aways and references to really be funny to me. It's mostly boiled down to "Hey do you remember the 80s? We remember the 80s. Let's all remember the 80s." Plus they are the living embodiment of running jokes into the ground. I'm not saying I've never laughed at the show, I'm just saying it's rare.

The fact that it got a spin off while shows like King of the Hill are canceled is a shame.

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 10/17/2009, 5:47 pm

Xenophobic Sponge wrote:
The fact that it got a spin off while shows like King of the Hill are canceled is a shame.

Yeah I really like King of the Hill, it has story and humor.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 10/17/2009, 9:26 pm

Oh give me a break. King of the Hill had thirteen seasons. It's the second longest running animated show behind only the Simpsons and it's not even Mike Judges best. I was sorry to see it go as well, but it was time; the last thing it needed was to become what the Simpsons did around that season mark.

That said, I agree that the last thing we needed was a spin-off centered around Cleveland of all characters.

Plus they are the living embodiment of running jokes into the ground.
Nononono. That's South Park. The show literally ran through the height of it's popularity running two to three different jokes so far into the ground they struck oil.

South Park is so perfect. In every way its flawless.
That's a lie. The show has it's faults. Some of it's episodes date very, very quickly and are highly over-rated. Snakes been trying to get me into South Park for a while and every time I watch it I'm unimpressed. Let's not even get into the first few seasons; even if the show is of higher quality now, the shows beginnings defined imperfect. Oh, and let's not forget that the show is often the very definition of tasteless.

I find it absolutely hilarious that you chastised Family Guy for being on lunchboxes and crap like that when South Park is no better in that regard - arguably worse in it's accessibility - and is often far viler.

And, may I add, the most recent one was rather message-less. Hilarious, too.
I heard about that one. Farting semen into a bag. How utterly hilarious. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Azrael on 10/18/2009, 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 10/18/2009, 2:33 am

I'll give you that King of the Hill has been on for a long time, and I'm not really sad to see it go. I am miffed though that King of the Hill has been slapped around by Fox for years while the company has been sucking off Seth for the last little bit.

And as for it being Mike Judges best, well I'll give you that it's by far not his most famous. But it's my favourite. Granted, I'm one of those people that really can't stand B&B.

Comedy is subjective though.

Can we all at least agree that Futurama is a great show and that we're happy it's coming back?

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by RustleXer 10/18/2009, 3:09 am

Xenophobic Sponge wrote:I'll give you that King of the Hill has been on for a long time, and I'm not really sad to see it go. I am miffed though that King of the Hill has been slapped around by Fox for years while the company has been sucking off Seth for the last little bit.

And as for it being Mike Judges best, well I'll give you that it's by far not his most famous. But it's my favourite. Granted, I'm one of those people that really can't stand B&B.

Comedy is subjective though.

Can we all at least agree that Futurama is a great show and that we're happy it's coming back?

hell yeah to futurama!
RustleXer
RustleXer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cylor 10/18/2009, 4:30 am

Given the choice between Family Guy and South Park, I'll take South Park.

Of course, if my only possible viewing choices were Family Guy and South Park, I'd probably kill myself.
Cylor
Cylor

http://sincronos.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 10/18/2009, 9:04 am

RustleXer wrote:

hell yeah to futurama!

Its on Comedy Central..
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 10/18/2009, 9:28 am

Xenophobic Sponge wrote:Can we all at least agree that Futurama is a great show and that we're happy it's coming back?
Futurama is comedy genius. This is scientific fact and cannot be disproven.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/18/2009, 9:45 am

*blinks*
...aside from Family Guy, South Park, Futurama, and all these shows that you people are chatting about, thank you crazy for providing the link here. XD
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 10/19/2009, 9:13 pm

And in completely irrelevant news...this is the 10,000th post of this forum.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/20/2009, 5:06 am

Quickfeather wrote:And in completely irrelevant news...this is the 10,000th post of this forum.

:lol!:
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by RustleXer 10/21/2009, 4:37 am

in later news, muck up week in melbourne has turned vicious with people being egged, water bombed, toilet papered and being drawn on... people have been admitted to hospital for these attacks and now some students are being questioned... oh and tomorrow my year reigns as seniors :D
RustleXer
RustleXer

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/21/2009, 4:44 am

The new governmental (is that a word? XD) period in Indonesia starts today! President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono (the previous president) and Vice President Boediono (new) will start a new government from today till the next five years! Congratulations to Mr. President and Mr. Vice President! Hope you can make Indonesia a BETTER place. :D
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by RustleXer 10/21/2009, 5:01 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:The new governmental (is that a word? XD) period in Indonesia starts today! President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono (the previous president) and Vice President Boediono (new) will start a new government from today till the next five years! Congratulations to Mr. President and Mr. Vice President! Hope you can make Indonesia a BETTER place. :D

...that's not a word.... "government administration" i think are the proper words
RustleXer
RustleXer

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/21/2009, 5:06 am

RustleXer wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:The new governmental (is that a word? XD) period in Indonesia starts today! President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono (the previous president) and Vice President Boediono (new) will start a new government from today till the next five years! Congratulations to Mr. President and Mr. Vice President! Hope you can make Indonesia a BETTER place. :D

...that's not a word.... "government administration" i think are the proper words

better. :D but it IS a word, as I browsed through an online dictionary. But either way, it's a better word XD
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by RustleXer 10/21/2009, 5:17 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:
RustleXer wrote:

better. :D but it IS a word, as I browsed through an online dictionary. But either way, it's a better word XD

wow... never heard of it :S well at least you learn something new everyday.... but if i use that in an essay and i lose marks because of it... i'm blaming you! Smile
RustleXer
RustleXer

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/21/2009, 5:25 am

RustleXer wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
RustleXer wrote:

wow... never heard of it :S well at least you learn something new everyday.... but if i use that in an essay and i lose marks because of it... i'm blaming you! Smile

XD if you're afraid of that, then don't use it! lol
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by RustleXer 10/21/2009, 5:34 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:
RustleXer wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
RustleXer wrote:

lol but we must put it to the test after all shouldn't we? i mean we wouldn't want to have a fake word floating around would we? Razz
RustleXer
RustleXer

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/21/2009, 5:42 am

RustleXer wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
RustleXer wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
RustleXer wrote:

lol but we must put it to the test after all shouldn't we? i mean we wouldn't want to have a fake word floating around would we? Razz

well, Yeah. XD
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by RustleXer 10/22/2009, 5:08 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:
RustleXer wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
RustleXer wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
RustleXer wrote:

well, Yeah. XD

good news Smile it is a word as i used it today and my english teacher says it's okay to use it Smile you're off the hook this time missy.... but next time.... you better watch yourself Razz
RustleXer
RustleXer

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/22/2009, 6:17 am

RustleXer wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
RustleXer wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
RustleXer wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
RustleXer wrote:

well, Yeah. XD

good news Smile it is a word as i used it today and my english teacher says it's okay to use it Smile you're off the hook this time missy.... but next time.... you better watch yourself Razz

XD I googled it before! And it IS a word! Razz
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by RustleXer 10/23/2009, 1:14 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:
RustleXer wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
RustleXer wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
RustleXer wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
RustleXer wrote:

well, Yeah. XD

haha, you think you're so smart... but really you're not Razz
RustleXer
RustleXer

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/23/2009, 5:43 am

RustleXer wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
RustleXer wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
RustleXer wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
RustleXer wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
RustleXer wrote:

well, Yeah. XD

haha, you think you're so smart... but really you're not Razz

Hey, it was proven! XD
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 10/23/2009, 10:33 am

Peter Laird sells the ENTIRE Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise to Nickelodean.

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS136562+21-Oct-2009+PRN20091021

I'm really scared for the future of the Turtles right now. No, really scared doesn't quite say it. I'm f***ing terrified.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 38  Next