DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gotham City's Midnight Riders (ENDED)

+11
Luck
archiesangel
Ghost
JusticeBorn
Tÿ
redeagle321
Starfire_02
Rinisa
Music_Hero2779
Fishing4Infinity
Vandal
15 posters

Page 28 of 38 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33 ... 38  Next

Go down

Gotham City's Midnight Riders (ENDED) - Page 28 Empty Re: Gotham City's Midnight Riders (ENDED)

Post by Vandal 1/31/2010, 3:17 am

She was conscious that she was laughing although she couldn't control it. She tried to crawl over to Kamry's bag for the anti-laughing serum, but it came to her the hard way that she couldn't use it. Looking at the Joker gave her the will to push forward, she used her legs to scrape herself over to Karmy. She searched through it still laughing loudly till she found the syringe. She popped off the cap with her good hand and stabbed it into her neck dosing herself with the antidote.

She had to relocate her arm now. Still laughing a bit she grabbed her disjointed arm and braced herself, the pain instantly stopped her laughter.

Mercy found one of Batman's old exploding projectiles in Karmy's bag as well... temptation.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Gotham City's Midnight Riders (ENDED) - Page 28 Empty Re: Gotham City's Midnight Riders (ENDED)

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/31/2010, 3:34 am

"Nuh uh uh!" Harley grabbed Mercy and threw her across the room. She picked up the projectile. "Catch!" and she tossed it at Mercy.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost 1/31/2010, 3:36 am

(Is there more anti-laughing serum? Oh and Luck isn't gonna be on for a day or two.. Too much work, so I'll take over for time being. Since Ghost is either in jail n defeated, n red isn't on, this'll be interesting..)
Artanis finally found Mercy; he had heard the laughter and ran with Aurora as fast as he could. When he arrived, he felt terrible at what had happened. He turned to the Joker and bellowed, "Foolish man. You'll regret that."
He grabbed another serum, stabbed it into Aurora, placed her down and charged at the Joker with his sword. He was determined to finish this.
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/31/2010, 3:40 am

(yes, the serum is all in Karmys bag)

Joker ducked and slid to the side of Artanis' attack. As he moved to the side, he stuck his leg out and tripped Artanis flat on his face. "Have a good TRIP!! See you next FALL!! GAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!" he continued to laugh.

(oh man that was cheesy >_<)
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/31/2010, 3:41 am

Mercy while still in the air front flipped as she was going back and grabbed the explosive and tossed it back just in time. It didn't hit Harley as Mercy would have liked but it exploded close enough to knock her back. She looked at Artanis charging the Joker who was walking over to Matt and Emily. "Don't kill him!" Mercy warned. They still needed him to talk...
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Terra 1/31/2010, 3:42 am

(This is getting intense ><)
Aurora finally started to feel a little better. She still felt faint, but slowly stood up. She saw Artanis running towards the Joker, but also saw Harley throw a projectile at Mercy. A split second after its detonation, Aurora ceased the flames and then shot a bolt of lightning at Harley right in the chest.
Terra
Terra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain 1/31/2010, 4:56 am

Out of nowhere, Greht came up behind the Joker, looked him square in the face, and clonked him unconcious with his mace. There, the joker lie motionless and asleep. "NAVISH JESTER, TWAS FOOLISH TO CHALLENGE ME... Wink "
Rain
Rain

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 1/31/2010, 8:22 am

[I didn't expect to go to jail, so I hope nobody minds If I have them escape en-route. Also, Sorry for not posting much l8ly]
Any cop that thought a simple van could hold two of the most feared assasins since Deathstroke the Terminator got themselves a rude awakening. Tearing the side of the van was no more dificult than tearing a sheet of paper. And naturaly, Ghost paid them back in interest by blowing the van sky-high. The drivers weren't killed, but they sure as hell would need an asprin... or twenty. After having reclaimed their weapons, the two juggernauts escaped into the city...

Two face emerged from the shadows where Greht had just knocked the Joker for a loop. Fliping his coin in his left hand, he looked at him. "Impresive." he mused.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Charm 1/31/2010, 8:39 am

(SORRY GUYS! I was out all day and haven't turned on the computer since Friday!)

Suddenly the 'unconscious' joker began laughing hideously, and jumped right back up! "Like being hit with a pillow!" he laughed, grinning from ear to ear. (Sorry Rain, but I need Joker to win this one for certain reasons >.<)

During the whole instance, Matt used vines to try to keep him and emily safe. "Stay here!" he commanded, and ran into the cloud of gas to try to fight. Behind him sprang up a couple trees, and he tried to smash the roof off of the building, in hopes of clearing up the accumulated gas. While he was doing this, he heard a sudden familiar cry, and turned around to see Emily being choked by the Joker.

Charm

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/31/2010, 9:10 am

(gah, i'll take it from heere Charmy)

Joker held sharp jagged pipe to the small of Emily's back. "Have you ever played a game of hide and seek deary?" laughing out loud he started to run. "You got the hide part right, but I bet you can't seek!! GAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!" and he dragged with her up towards the scaffold up top.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Charm 1/31/2010, 9:17 am

"Please let me go!" she cried, tears falling from her face.

Matt, enraged, tried shooting some vines to stop Joker. "Drop her!" he cried in anger.

Charm

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/31/2010, 9:30 am

Joker laughed. "Drop her eh? What a marvelous idea!" He held set Emily on the edge of the railing. ""You know boy, this city is full of mad people. Its what make it tick! Batman was just as mad as me!" Joker smiled widely at Matt. "You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!" and with that final word, he stabbed the pipe into Emily and pushed her off. He ran off, laughing hysterically as Emily smacked into an old rusted machine.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Charm 1/31/2010, 9:41 am

"NO!!" Matt yelled, as Vines wrapped around his leg, propelling him forward to try to get to Emily faster. Upon reaching her, he pulled the rusty pipe out of her, and tried to keep her from fading. "Emily, it will be ok!" he said as tears began falling from his face. Emily weakly turned her head towards him. She began coughing violently, and blood came from her mouth. She finally relaxed again, and put her hand on Matt's. "It's all right..." she said, "I knew this day would come... I just..." Emily continued to cough up blood. "I just... didn't know this day would come so quickly..."

Matt could feel Emily's hand growing limp. "No! I can't do this without you!" he sobbed. Emily turned her head towards him. "Can't is just can.... with a t that got lost..." Matt had heard that saying over and over, and it had always seemed like such an annoying little phrase, but now he wished he could hear Emily say it forever. "Now I know how Joy felt..." Emily whispered to herself, and though Matt did not know what she was talking about, he held tightly to her hand. In a moment she went limp completely, and she was no longer breathing.

"NOOO!!" Matt cried, wrapping his arms around her and sobbing violently. It seemed all the world was standing still... the stars above had never seemed more depressing. Matt felt so powerless, that regardless of his abilities, he could not save the one who mattered to him most, whom he considered his sister. He slowly stood up, exhausted from crying. He picked up Emily's body, and began walking away from the warehouse. Though the city was still alive and busy, he had never felt so alone...

Last edited by Charm on 1/31/2010, 9:53 am; edited 2 times in total

Charm

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel 1/31/2010, 9:45 am

Charm wrote:"NO!!" Matt yelled, as Vines wrapped around his leg, propelling him forward to try to get to Emily faster. Upon reaching her, he pulled the rusty pipe out of her, and tried to keep her from fading. "Emily, it will be ok!" he said as tears began falling from his face. Emily weakly turned her head towards him. She began coughing violently, and blood came from her mouth. She finally relaxed again, and put her hand on Matt's. "It's all right..." she said, "I knew this day would come... I just..." Emily continued to cough up blood. "I just... didn't know this day would come so quickly..."

Matt could feel Emily's hand growing limp. "No! I can't do this without you!" he sobbed. Emily turned her head towards him. "Can't is just can.... with a t that got lost..." Matt had heard that saying over and over, and it had always seemed like such an annoying little phrase, but now he wished he could hear Emily say it forever. "Now I know how Joy felt..." Emily whispered to herself, and though Matt did not know what she was talking about, he held tightly to her hand. In a moment she went limp completely, and she was no longer breathing.

"NOOO!!" Matt cried, wrapping his arms around her and sobbing violently. He had never felt so alone..

Crying or Very sad lloro, lloro, lloro
archiesangel
archiesangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/31/2010, 9:58 am

(some one go grab Karmy >_< i'm sticking to the Joker a bit longer)

"Well as fun as this was, I have warehouse to blow up." he walked up behind Harley who was standing over the either pained or unconscious heroes."Come on Harl, lets go find so more shining faces!" he threw down another Laugh-X pellet, and was gone.

Off in another room of the building, a large pile of smiling C4 that lay connected to a timer, beeped. 60... 59... 58...

Last edited by Fishing4Karma on 1/31/2010, 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/31/2010, 10:23 am

As remorseful as Mercy felt for Emily she had to get everyone out. "Karmy!! Karmy common get up!" Mercy jumped off the scaffold she was thrown on to. She ran over to her and tried to shake her awake without talking. The gas pervaded through the warehouse, and she was holding Karmy's nose for her. She woke up because she couldn't breath, Mercy had a get-us-outta-here face. She snapped her fingers and they were out.

He got away.... "Damn, Matt.. Are you okay? I know how that feels..."
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 1/31/2010, 10:48 am

Ivy awoke, and rubbed her sore head. Everybody else was there. She stood, and brushed the dirt off herself. "That didn't go so well." She lamented.

Last edited by abreu7 on 1/31/2010, 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/31/2010, 11:07 am

abreu7 wrote:Ivy awoke, and rubbed her sore head. Of course, everybody was gone. With a groan, she stood and saw a familiar figure walking away. Was it.."Matt?" She called, she sprinted to catch up to him. She was not prepared to see Emily's limp corpse, and went instantly pale. "I'm....I'm so sorry." She finally mumbled.

(Karmy potaled everyone out. We ain't gonna leave you !!)
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 1/31/2010, 11:17 am

Fishing4Karma wrote:
abreu7 wrote:Ivy awoke, and rubbed her sore head. Of course, everybody was gone. With a groan, she stood and saw a familiar figure walking away. Was it.."Matt?" She called, she sprinted to catch up to him. She was not prepared to see Emily's limp corpse, and went instantly pale. "I'm....I'm so sorry." She finally mumbled.

(Karmy potaled everyone out. We ain't gonna leave you !!)

(Oh. Thanks to Karmy! Now I go edit. >.<)
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/31/2010, 11:25 am

(You're welcome ^_^)

Getting up from the cold ground of Mercy's apartment, Karmy could still feel the electricty in her body. She didn't care though. Matt had lost his sister, just like Karmy had lost her brother. They were both sacrificed so that the ones they cared about the most could live on. Matt and Karmy had both been powerless to help their siblings. Karmy knew exactly how Matt felt. She walked up to him, ignoring her physical pain, and pulled him into a hug. She started to cry.

Last edited by Fishing4Karma on 1/31/2010, 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 1/31/2010, 11:30 am

Ivy turned to see Karm hugging Matt, and Matt holding Emily. Pale, limp, empty Emily. Dead. Ivy's face went pale, as she saw the girl's corpse. She had grown so attached to Emily when she was a titan, and now the innocent girl was gone. Tears silently streamed down her cheek, and she walked over to the group. "I'm so sorry." She mumbled.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/31/2010, 12:10 pm

Mercy didn't know what to do, she stepped back and analyzed everyone, shaking her head and putting a hand over her eyes. "Why? Every damn time I have the opertunity to save someone I miss the chance." Mercy slammed her fist on the counter she was leaning on. Jamie would have never died if she had never met him, she wouldn't have met him if she hadn't killed her uncle, she wouldn't have lost her boyfriend if she had checked out the situation first. She felt like everyone that crossed paths with her would eventually die and she could do nothing about it. She worried about Karmy, she had become very close very quickly. And she knew how much she meant to Karmy. "Dammit, we'll get him. I swear we'll get him."
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/31/2010, 12:19 pm

(Now I feel really bad >_< damn the role that I have taken on..)

Karmy walked up to everyone in the trombone, led them over to where Matt was, and pulled then into a solemn group hug.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Charm 1/31/2010, 12:42 pm

The funeral was short, but he knew he would never forget, nor would he forgive the Joker. It was only a day after the incident, yet everything was different. As the group departed, each saying their condolences to Matt, he stood there, in front of the tombstone. "Emily Elizabeth Roxberry" was the name engraved upon it, and Matt reached out his hand, and touched the cold marble tablet that marked her eternal resting place. Slowly some plants grew up around it, and although they flowered, their flowers wilted immediately.

The day is quiet... good, thought Matt as he stood there. Finally he grew tired, and sat down next to the tombstone. "We made quite a team.." he whispered, wondering if Emily could hear him from somewhere. His eyes were red from the tears that had recently filled them, and as he looked up at the clouds passing by, he smiled to himself. "So... her name is Joy?" he asked aloud, thinking about what Emily had said, and remembering a story she once told him about her friend. "That must be why you never introduced me to her..." he said quietly, as he remembered what she had just told him the day before.

A butterfly flew past, and as he watched it, he wondered about his future. Where will he go? What will he do? Without Emily, he felt incomplete and vulnerable. Though he always took on the role of protecting her, it was she was his strength, the one he could turn to anytime. The more he thought about Emily, the more the nearby flowers began to bloom. "I will go on.. for you, Emily..." he whispered to the marble stone. He laid back onto the grass, and once again stared at the clouds. "For a girl without sight, you certainly had great vision and creativity..." he mumbled to himself, as he watched the clouds.

Slowly he closed his eyes, and as he slipped under the spell of the warm, breezy day, he smiled to himself, for Emily was still with him in his heart.

Charm

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/31/2010, 1:00 pm

Karmy saw Matt sitting alone, so she walked up and plopped down besides him. "She was an amazing girl. I know how it feels to lose someone you love." she sighed, "At least you got to say good bye. I'm glad one of us did."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 38 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33 ... 38  Next