DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Darkest of Knights

+7
Corvus31
redeagle321
Music_Hero2779
Quickfeather
Fishing4Infinity
Rinisa
Vandal
11 posters

Page 31 of 35 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Go down

The Darkest of Knights - Page 31 Empty Re: The Darkest of Knights

Post by Rinisa 5/8/2010, 3:03 pm

"There's one fatal difference, dear. You call yourself a hero. I never did. Do you ever hear me saying I'm a good person? No, because I am not." Poison Ivy sneered.

"Life isn't fair. It's survival of the fittest. If I have to be selfish, kill, steal and lie, to do what I believe is right, then so be it." Karm may not have known what Poison Ivy was talking about. She was an ecoterrorist. She fought for the lives of plants, and what she believed in. Karm may not have even known of the children she had saved when an orphanage burned down.

There was a lot about the villainess Karm may not have known, and Poison Ivy didn't find it fair for her to pretend to know and judge her.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael 5/8/2010, 3:26 pm

It was hard to breath, hard to keep screaming, but the agony it forced her onwards, kept her screaming like a busted siren. Mame was so tired though, aching to stop this barbaric form of coping. She was so alone, not important or known enough for the people around her to heed her or pay her anymind. She would have to remedy that.

After she had finally stopped screaming, not an conscious decision she had lost her voice, she curled over pressing her forhead into the hot cement and sobbing. She didn't want to stop crying but she didn't have time for it. She would have to put the pain on hold long enough to get back to the harbor warehouse, she could continue there.

If there was one thing Mame had remembered about herself it was that these coping tantrums would last for days.

[ sorry its just one big block of text I am posting from my phone]
Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/8/2010, 4:19 pm

Alice shook her head. Threw the knife on the ground. "Poison Ivy, because we fight for justice, honor, truth, and the American Way doesn't mean we're good people." She was facing the ground, her thumb and index finger over her eyes massaging them together. She let go to put her hand over her hip. "We're all inheritly sinful, but its what we do that defines us." She looked at Poison Ivy directly in the eyes, she looked like she was being lectured. She didn't care. "What seperates us is your actions."
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/8/2010, 4:31 pm

"Quite true. And the action I choose now, is to walk away. But it won't be the last any of you have seen of me. I can promise you that." Poison Ivy replied. The vines rubbled and turned, sending a fresh batch of debris and dust into the air. For a moment, it clouded their vision. When it cleared, Poison Ivy was gone.
---
Ivy relaxed from her fighting stance.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/8/2010, 5:05 pm

Karmy coughed away the dust and looked around for Poison Ivy. "Dammit." she cursed and her shoulders slumped. "She got away." Though she was disappointed that she couldn't bring the psycho to jail, she was a tad relieved that the fight was over. Letting out a deep sigh she slumped to the ground in sitting position holding her spinning head. "Ok guys?" she said out loud. "I could really go for some coffee right now."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/8/2010, 5:19 pm

"Karmy!!" Alice screamed at her. "What?" She asked rather pissed off about Poison Ivy. "Dude, get the hell over here!!" She screamed and grabbed her around the neck and embraced her in a hug. She squeezed the tears out of each other, her eyes closed, causing a rain of tears. "Kamry I was so worried about you.. Don't f*cking leave out of my sight again!" She cried out, her voice quivering.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/8/2010, 5:41 pm

"Of course I won't Merc!" Karmy laughed, she was in loads of pain right now but she didn't care. "You just gotta promise me that you won't you know.." she paused. "LEAVE me again. Also you gotta promise me that you'll buy me coffee every day from now on!" she grinned.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/8/2010, 5:56 pm

"Dude, anything you want!" She said shaking her head. They let go for a brief second. "You trust me, right? You trust me with your life?"
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/8/2010, 6:04 pm

"Mercy, I trust you, I trust with my life, I trust you with my bag." Karmy said looking her in the eyes. "You should know that! Why do you ask?"
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/8/2010, 6:08 pm

Ivy watched the girls rejoice. She uneasily shifted her weight from foot to foot. She would like to speak to Batman now! But I can't intrude on a moment like that... she reminded herself. A smile graced her lips as she observed them. Maybe now she could think for it a bit. What is Poison Ivy after now....?
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/8/2010, 6:23 pm

"Okay. We are going to the Batcave. We're going to get things straight." Alice said softly. "And call me Alice." She said winking to her. "You too." She said again with her rich golden voice to Ivy and Cyrah.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/8/2010, 6:28 pm

"Naahh..." Karmy said getting up, careful not to go to fast lest she get a sudden blood rush. "You switch names too much. I'll stick with Mercy." she grinned. "The only reason I would ever want to go to the Batcave is so that I can steal the Batmobile or anything really that starts with "bat' and moves very fast. So I say we just head out and kick some ass!"
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/8/2010, 6:40 pm

Ivy laughed lightly. "Good idea. But lets try that when the police are done killing each other for a scrap of Batman clue." She joked in reply."Lead the way, Alice!" she called. Alice. Now that was a name that would take some getting use to.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/8/2010, 6:46 pm

"Karmy, we have no choice. I'm getting calls from Batman, Batgirl, and Robin. Zero is already in the Batcave with his father. We'd rather talk in secrecy and of course over dinner, Batman, Batgirl, and Robin will be there and Wintergreen has a great vegetarian menu." Alice said sounding convincing, Ivy and Cyrah hasn't eaten in a while. This sounded exteremely inviting to the two. "C'mon. A family that eats together sticks together." She said to Karmy.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/8/2010, 7:00 pm

"Oh god.." Karmy remembered something that she had done while with Poison Ivy. "I. Ate." She could already feel the bile and the food from earlier rising in her throat. "MEAT!" and she ran over to the nearest trashcan and vomited. "Oh god.." she wiped the mess from her face and fell down, curled up in a fetal position, and rocked back and forth. "I... Ate... Meat..." still seeing as she was still in hospital attire and covered in bandages, this was a pretty sad sight to see. "I.. Meat.." she cried, her body shaking.

Last edited by Fishing4Karma on 5/8/2010, 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/8/2010, 7:13 pm

Ivy shuddered, sucking some air in through her teeth. "Yikes." She herself was a loose vegetarian, indulging in a chicken sandwich every once in a while, but just about everyone knew Karm was uber strict about her vegan diet.
---
Poison Ivy found herself not far from the warehouse district. Huh. She barely recalled the running, though she felt her leg muscles screaming for her to stop and rest. She had ran far, nonstop, and still bleeding slightly. It was an easing feeling to run, to focus solely on that activity, and have her mind blank for awhile.

But it didn't last forever.

The villainess slowed to a walk, continuing along the warehouses, weaving through and clinging to shadows.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 5/8/2010, 8:01 pm

[Gah, I've been gone all day, sorry ._.;]

Cyrah hung back behind Ivy. She wanted to talk to Karmy, see if she was ok and all, but she was with Mercy and everyone, and she knew they had priority over her. She decided to strike up conversation with Ivy. "So.... how's Z? Hasn't been too much trouble, has he?" She asked, but not really applying herself, seeing a bit distant and spaced out.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/8/2010, 8:04 pm

Ivy noted the far away vibe Cyrah was giving, and understood. Who knew what everyone was going through in the current chaos? Best not to ask and act normal, she decided. She gave a small laugh, "He's not too much trouble." the plantbender replied, avoiding the subject of Zero's constant nightmares.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 5/8/2010, 8:09 pm

Cyrah smiled. At least Zero was behaving himself. "What about you two? Going out, or do you still smack him when he suggests it?" She asked mischeviously, glad to be holding a normal conversation instead of some fight or something.

Zero nodded. "Muchas gracias senior batman, but I don't think anything is good in theaters right now." Zero joked. "But as for memories, I gotta admit, I've stopped trying to bring mine back after I tried to lay an egg that one time 'cuz of backfiring. But, there is something else that could be a possible lead, but it wouldn't be.... advised." Zero said cautiously.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/8/2010, 8:15 pm

Ivy felt herself blush slightly as she replied, "Little of both. Our best date was when we went to the arcade for 5 minutes before having to go back to fight Poison Ivy." She joked. "How have you and Casius been?"
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Music_Hero2779 5/8/2010, 8:59 pm

(I know I shouldn't ask this but... What the fudgeyness did I miss?)
Music_Hero2779
Music_Hero2779

http://www.kaminthestars.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 5/8/2010, 9:01 pm

Cyrah indulged in a rare laugh. "Five minutes at the arcade? Slow it down, you crazy lovebirds!" She joked. "Anyways, Dad, Karm Ghost and Me were having a great time these past two years. Except for the thing in Tokyo, but that's different." Cyrah said.

[long story ice, but made short, Karm got her memories back. Her, cyrah, Mercy, and ivy are meeting up with Cas, Zero and the other bats at the batcave.]
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/8/2010, 9:14 pm

"Tokyo incident. Best not to ask, I suppose. Did you go to Greece? What's it like?" Ivy asked. Greece was a place she was always eager to see.
---
Poison Ivy let out a gasp of realization. Her home was being combed through, cluttered with police. She wouldn't be able to return to her leafy base for awhile now. Add that to her plans. Now she needed a base, some plant toxins, a venus flytrap sapling....Much preparation was needed for the rest of her plans. Best to take care of the most important one right now: Shelter.

Stealthily, she slinked away from the building she had been hiding behind to view her home. A scowl crossed her face as she escaped, angered with the events of the day. She was after the wrong person all this time. How the hell did she make that mistake?! She wasn't that old.

At least, she recalled in rejoice, a new base was close. There was a community greenhouse she had broken into once, only a few more blocks away. And every professional botany house had a venus flytrap. She could get her hands on a sapling, rob the museum of some plant toxins....maybe things were looking up.

With a smirk, she continued her route. Revenge was so close. Close enough she could almost see it. All she needed to do was reach out a hand...

And take it.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 5/8/2010, 9:24 pm

"Yeah, we got to Grece. It's a pretty country, maybe when you guys get some time off from the hero thing, you oughtta join us. Hell, dad even got as bold as to think about going back to Markovia." Cyrah said to Ivy, begining to relax slightly.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/8/2010, 9:34 pm

(!!! Nice Queen of Hearts post.)

"Markovia?" Ivy repeated. The name was familiar, vaguely, but from the way Cyrah worded it, it was best not to ask. "Cool! I'd love to travel with you guys. I don't plan on retiring too soon.

"Speaking of which, what's your job?" She asked curiously.
---
Astro continued his walk. Morning. He couldn't stop walking now. Need....to keep....going...keep...searching...."Must find Batman." He reminded himself. Anybody could tell the boy was weary.

He collapsed right on the sidewalk.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 35 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next