DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Darkest of Knights

+5
Quickfeather
Rinisa
redeagle321
Vandal
Fishing4Infinity
9 posters

Page 21 of 32 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 32  Next

Go down

The Darkest of Knights - Page 21 Empty Re: The Darkest of Knights

Post by Vandal 6/8/2010, 7:04 pm

Batman crept over to the desk and used a pick lock to simply opened the drawer. Files among files, vanilla folders filled with photographs, papers, documents. All of people, places. He didn't have time to look through every single file, footsteps. "Robin, we have to move.." He said to her inching to the windows again after he closed the drawers; he held onto as much folders as he could carry. There were too many.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 6/8/2010, 7:18 pm

Ivy rolled her eyes. "Alright, Red Queen. Do you know anything about the Joker case?" she questioned, determined to get some information out of the captured villainess.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 6/8/2010, 7:19 pm

Thorne took another drag on the cheep cigar. "Well I'll agree the Batman changes things Commissioner. Gotham was a very different city before he showed up." He let the smoke roll out over his lips slowly. "Still I suppose things wouldn't be half as interesting without him. Joker, Riddler, an' the rest of 'em. Ya'know what I say?" Thorne took a long drag on his cigar. "Screw 'em. Screw all of 'em. This city doesn't belong to the freaks and masks, no sir. This city belongs to the unsung, to the average Joes, to people who aren't gonna get so much as a sentence in the history books." To emphasize his point the crime lord brushed away some of the smoke in the air, before taking another drag.

"People like you an' me Flass. The people this city forgets about, the people who without us, this city would come tumbling down. Brick by brick." Thorne rubbed the remains of his cigar out in the commissioner's ash tray. "People like us have to stick together Flass. Otherwise we'll get lost out there, lose the city to the costumes and masks." Rupert smirked a little standing up and putting his hat on as he prepared to leave. "I don't intend on letting that happen Commissioner, I'd like to count you among my friends in that. So what'd you think, care to be brothers in arms?" He offered the police man his hand.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 6/8/2010, 8:05 pm

"Hell if THAT aint the truth." Cassius said, recalling all too well what had transpired the past few days. Something simple like this would probably be a decent change of pace.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 6/8/2010, 8:16 pm

Alice and Barbara entered the room where The Red Queen was being interrogated, wiping the sweat from their foreheads and pulling their hair back Barbara asked "Did she say anything yet or is she still babbling about escaping?"
"This could get ugly." Alice commented.
"I doubt it, lets make this quick."

(Will post for flass later)
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 6/8/2010, 9:01 pm

"Hey, maybe we should like, call the Rider's out here." Karmy said, trying to think of something. "It's been a while and it would be fun to fight with them again!"
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 6/8/2010, 9:28 pm

Zero arrived back at the Batbunker, and made his first order of business to find Ivy. She was interrogating the red queen, so he tried not to bug her to bad, but gave a dorky hello wave.

Cyrah thought it seemed easy enough- beat Slade, live in luxury from the glory. Yeah. If only it was that easy. As she continued to vainly strike at the elusive Slade, all the while trying to keep from being mauled herself. She couldn't keep this up much longer, but neither could Slade- BOTH of their bodies had their power limits. It was a fight to see who would break first.

As Slade propelled Cyrah into a wall via a kick to the head, it became evident that it wouldn't be Slade. "A good try, but not good enough. Why you're ready to fight me for REAL, I'll happily fight you as many times as it takes to realize how pitiful you are." Slade scoffed, vanishing....

Cyrah staggered to her feet, suprised that Slade had vanished without really causing her serious injuriy. Perhaps he saw it as beneath him or whatever. Either way, her already low self-esteem was torpedoed further, and to make matters worse, she had a nice big shiner, not to mention she was all banged up. It was gonna be a hell of a time explaining THIS to Karmy and Cassius. She dragged herself ot her feet and plodded back towards the Manor....
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 6/8/2010, 11:01 pm

Ivy waved back at Zero. "Hey, Zero." She narrowed her eyes back to Red Queen.

"You'd learn about him eventually." She replied, fumbling on how to interrogate her correctly. "Why have commited the crimes you have? You don't seem to need the money."

The brown eyed girl had observed how flashy the Red Queen dressed, as well as her standard weapons. Sure, she could have stolen it, but as an illusionist it just didn't seem quite likely, so Ivy was going with rich girl over thief. But, murderer, Red Queen still had that title down pat.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 6/8/2010, 11:06 pm

This was like making a deal with the devil. No way is he going to do this, with his partnership who knows what Thorne was packing under his sleeves. This would be tossing everything he worked for out the window, going downstairs and out to the streets to find it, beat it with a bat, and light it on fire. He knew if he didn't take his hand that Thorne would do the honors. Maybe ex D.A. and new CEO of Wayne Enterprise, Harvey Dent, could help Flass with the situation. Either way he would have to consult the Batman first; he was the one to tell the Batman to investigate Thorne in the first place; though Thorne didn't need to know that. He was probably in his office now.

"Uhh," Flass stuttered. "I uhh, I have to think about it first. I'll drop you a line or an email. I just need some time to think, okay? I'm a very stressed man right now." He said discarding his smoke. Flass was feeling dizzy, he was sweating like a pig. Something must be in the water.

Batman turned to see Robin look up at him the doors to Thorne's office were being banged on. Then the banging stopped. Batman held a hand over his lip to signal Robin to be quiet, then to get down. She obeyed him. Everything was silent for a second. Then gunshots through the door, "Go loud!" Batman called to Robin as he sprang into action, throwing and leaving the folders out the window. He would pick them up later, Flass needed them.

Alice looked to the side window to see Zero waving at them, she motioned him to come inside...
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 6/8/2010, 11:26 pm

"Of course." Thorne smirked a little, putting his hand into his pants pocket. "You've not doubt got your hands full, no reason to rush into things." Thorne laughed. "Hell I just got back today." The crime lord snickered a little, before removing something from his coat pocket and laying the loaded 9mm gun on the police commissioner's desk. "If you ever need to not be the commissioner." Thorne said with a smile, tipping his hat slightly. "You should stop by my place sometime." And just like that his demeanor shifted back from, dark foreboding crime lord, to rather agreeable businessman. "We could share a drink, maybe a couple of cigars worth half your year's salary." The mobster smirked, and before giving the commissioner a chance to return, or deny, his offer of an unregistered untraceable handgun, he stepped out beyond the veil, or at least the confines of the police chief's office.

"I'll be waiting for that call Commissioner. I've got a new, old, bottle of single malt with our names on it." He made a big showing of his new 'freindship' with the commissioner. He knew he couldn't exactly count on Flass as a friend, not just yet anyway, but he needed Flass to think he did. Besides that line alone had probably earned him another half dozen cops in his pocket. If the boss was on the take, why not get a little for yourself?

Thorne adjusted his hat. "Let's go boys, back to the house. I've got some work to do. "

"yessir Mr. Thorne. So uh, does this mean that the Police Commissioner's on our side now?"

"Not by a mile Mugsy. Flass isn't half the goody goody Gordan was, back when he had that office I wouldn't be allowed withing five miles of it, but he's not ready to come over to our side of the street just yet." Throne sat back into the plush leather of his limousine as it pulled away, reaching under the seat and retrieving one of his numerous replacement guns. This was Gotham if you weren't mutated, taking happy pills, armed, or some combination of the three, you didn't have much chance. "But I don't need the Commissioner on our side just yet, and besides," Thorne pulled the barrel of his gun back and chambered a round, "you stand in the middle of the street too long, sooner or later, you're gonna get hit." before switching on the safety and replacing the gun he'd left on the Commissioner's desk.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 6/8/2010, 11:56 pm

Thorne's men, coming in close. Knock them out quickly, get Robin. Beat it. We shouldn't have been so sloppy. Don't blame it on Robin, she tried her hardest. I know. Right jab, the man closest to me is using a Thompson, submachine guns and rifles are easier to disarm than handguns, which the man behind him has... Batman pulled out a hand full of smoke pellets. "Robin! The window!" He ordered her to go to; he threw the pellets at the guards instead of the ground, creating a massive heap of smoke to fill the room. They made their escape.

Barbara rolled her eyes, "Okay this is getting nowhere, let's just send her to Arkham already." She said to Ivy who was doing a rather decent job on the interrogation.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 6/9/2010, 12:26 am

Batman dashed out the window and met up with Robin, "We have to go now, to the Batmobile!" He said running into an alley and opening both doors. One for Robin to hop in so he could immediately blast off into the night.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 6/9/2010, 8:53 am

Ivy slowly nodded. "Just hope Arkham can handle it. You saw what she could do." She replied, a little doubtful. After all, they were sending a woman capable of propelling spikes and black holes. Not to mention the fact tons before her had escaped Arkham. It'd be a piece of cake.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 6/9/2010, 9:01 am

Zero ackowledged the gesture, making his first order of business pasting himself to Ivy. "Hey, if she gets out, we'll just put her back in." Zero said, trying to re-assure Ivy.

Cyrah clopped up to the Batbox, and didn't even bother to announce herself- she snuck about, looking for Zero so he could heal her before anyone noticed her in this condition.....
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 6/9/2010, 9:06 am

"Holy sh*t, Sarah!" Karmy had noticed Cyrah walking to the Batbox, but it wasn't until closer that she noticed the condition she was it. Quickly portaling in front of her she, quickly grabbed her to help her walk. "What the hell happened!? You said you were going to get some polish! Where's this 'polish' and what the hell did they do to you?! I gotta beat up this polish.."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 6/9/2010, 9:09 am

"Yeah, uhm, you see, there was this uh.... biker gang and uh.... I went and picked a fight with Slade..." Cyrah confessed rapidly. She knew one way or another Karmy would squeeze it out of her, so figured she ought to just fess up.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 6/9/2010, 9:14 am

Karmy just stood there for a moment, completely dumbfounded by what Cyrah had just said. Her face had gone instantly pale at the mention of Slade. "SLADE?! Dude! What the hell?!" Karmy grabbed her again and helped her. "Dude! Why?!" she reached into her bag and pulled out the com-link to the Riders. "Zero, Luna, Ivy, whoevers! Cyrah's hurt and we need someone to heal her!"
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 6/9/2010, 9:18 am

"Yeah close call..." Batman agreed, he double-checked Robin to make sure she was wearing her seat belt. He could bide his time now that they were in the Batmobile. The sense of security reminded him that the Bat-Tank was banged up and could use a fix. He drove off into the night, avoiding any main streets. "You didn't get shot anywhere? Double-check yourself. Make sure we don't need to pull over to gauze you."

Alice turned her head to the sound that indicated someone was entering the Batbunker. "Cyrah came back.." She announced. The screen displayed her stumbling in as it usually did with anyone who entered.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 6/9/2010, 9:28 am

Batman had his eyes on the road, passing by at 250mph, they would get to Wayne Manor shortly. "Good. How do you feel kiddo?" He asked.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 6/9/2010, 9:30 am

"You gotta help her Lu!" Karmy said, almost frantic. "Where's Zero? I think it's gonna take both of y'all to heal her!"
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 6/9/2010, 9:31 am

"Holy crud, what did she do?" Ivy yelped, leaving the interrogation room to assist Cyrah. She wouldn't be able to do much, not being a healer, but she did want to be there for Cyrah. "Karm, Cyrah, what did you do? Pick a fight with Trigon?" she said the last part as a half hearted tease, adding, "Zero should be here in a minute."
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 6/9/2010, 10:27 am

"Not Trigon, but close 'nuff for all intents and purposes." Cyrah sulked. "Go away, i don't need to be healed. Injuries are proof of-" At this, one of her robotic arms dorpped out of it's socket. "Weren't you gonna heal me?" Cyrah said, rapidly changing her mind. Zero, as if on cue, showed up. "Holy crap, what happened to YOU?" He asked. "Shaddap and make with the magic." She said grumpily, gesturing at her injuries, which Zero began to heal.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 6/9/2010, 10:39 am

"Oh snap Cyssy!" Karmy shouted when Cyrah's arm fell out. "You're falling to pieces!" she tried to lighten the mood. "Why did you go after Slade?"
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 6/9/2010, 3:18 pm

Cyrah let out a disheartened sigh. "I figured that if I could beat Slade, everyone would think I was strong and whatnot. All I've done lateley is loose, and people kept getting hurt because of it- if people thought I beat Slade, maybe they wouldn't mess with us." Cyrah hefted her arm up and clicked it back into place. "It was dumb, I know. Sue me." She grunted.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 6/9/2010, 3:25 pm

"Gah! We'll talk about later." Karmy growled. "right now, we gotta worry abut getting you healed." and she watched as Zero and Luna started to heal her.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 32 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 32  Next