DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lexi's Sucky Art

+4
Music_Hero2779
Vandal
rockfan101
LexiNicole
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lexi's Sucky Art Empty Lexi's Sucky Art

Post by LexiNicole 8/18/2010, 4:15 pm

Lexi's Sucky Art 00411Lexi's Sucky Art 00711Lexi's Sucky Art 00811Lexi's Sucky Art 01210Lexi's Sucky Art 05210Lexi's Sucky Art 06510Lexi's Sucky Art 12410Lexi's Sucky Art Deciev10Lexi's Sucky Art Everyd10
LexiNicole
LexiNicole

https://www.youtube.com/RavenxRobin101

Back to top Go down

Lexi's Sucky Art Empty Re: Lexi's Sucky Art

Post by rockfan101 8/18/2010, 9:50 pm

nice art, Lexi :D :D :D :D extra :D cuz u did it all on a comp. XD
rockfan101
rockfan101

Back to top Go down

Post by LexiNicole 8/20/2010, 7:22 pm

x3 i hav some i wana save that i do on paper
LexiNicole
LexiNicole

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 8/21/2010, 11:55 am

Naked Snake wrote:
Shadow_of_Darkness wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:
redeagle321 wrote:Who is the character on the left? I wanna say Terra, but I'm not sure.
Lexi, she's based on Terra and is Slade's apprentice. She's someone's Oc, that im friends with.

I think that any character who looks exactly like Terra cannot justifiably be called an "OC."
Well, actually the oc is a different story, Lexi is a princess of another planet. Power are different everything is, just the looks are the same.

Oh yes, aside from the fact that they look exactly alike, they're totally different. Who is this friend, Mykan?

EDIT: In all fairness, the art itself is fine. I just can't stand how uncreative your friend is...
No... Her name is Lexi... O_o

Oh, so it's a character who's named after her creator and is modeled after a preexisting character to the point of being frakkin' identical to her. Totally original.

I assume this is the same Lexi?
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Music_Hero2779 8/21/2010, 12:30 pm

o.o Ok....

Like ur last pic, idk on the rest... No I feel bad cuz I had a bunch of old pics that started with Terra as base.
Music_Hero2779
Music_Hero2779

http://www.kaminthestars.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LexiNicole 8/21/2010, 5:41 pm

Snake has managed to make me and alot of my friends feel bad. : P
But that's his thing... I guess...
And thanks :D.

And yeah Mercy same gal. x3
LexiNicole
LexiNicole

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 8/22/2010, 9:02 am

Uhh I really don't think he was trying to make Robin feel bad at all; after all he did say it was a good piece. He was merely commenting on the fact that Luna and Lexi look exactly like Raven and Terra, so how can they be called Original Characters.

What Music said, you just used a base of Terra and called it your own--I might go as far as to say that all you did was paintbucket ontop of Terra and called it your own.

I tried to help Robin redesign Luna, to make her look less Raven-like, but its completely obvious that you just recolored Terra.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Music_Hero2779 8/22/2010, 11:44 am

But see, that's how I started with my frist OC, and after some art studying she's not even like Terra I think.

So now that we've covered the fact that OCLexi looks like Terra, Lex you can start remodeling her and then the rest of us can be all:
"O_O Holy frick! That looks so awsome now!"

K? Good so who's the frist dude that was made from Robin?
Music_Hero2779
Music_Hero2779

http://www.kaminthestars.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 8/22/2010, 12:02 pm

Well Robin's first OC was Luna ever, now she has a notebook full of them, she's gotten more original since then.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LexiNicole 8/22/2010, 1:38 pm

Ok, for one I never really called her MY OWN, I've stated multiple times to people I would like to make Lexi in some sort of drawing program but every time I totally suck at it, (example above) and no I know he wasn't trying to make Robin feel bad, Snake, I wouldn't go as far as to say he HATES me but he definately doesn't respect me.

But I don't respect a countless amount of people so I honestly could care less.
LexiNicole
LexiNicole

Back to top Go down

Post by Raevien 8/22/2010, 3:44 pm

...okay. I don't want to sound like a total -jerk- saying this, but. I hate. HATE. It when people use the excuse "because I suck at it" or anything else of the form. Computer programs don't make you a good artist. You're not just going to pick up a paint brush/pencil/oil pastel/tablet pen and be jaw dropping amazing. As someone who's been self-taught all their drawing experience, it just irks me to no end when people use the "because I suck" card. ...no you don't. You just need practice.

And no, I'm not saying that I'm an awesome artist, because, I'm not. My stuff still needs a ton of work. A -ton-.

Lexi wrote:
But I don't respect a countless amount of people so I honestly could care less.
It's comments/an attitude like that that really turn people off. Just so you know.
Raevien
Raevien

http://reavien.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 8/22/2010, 4:42 pm

Hey, couldn't have said it better myself Raevien. All artists don't get where they are over night. Lexi, hon. You're 11 years old. You need at least 10,000 hours applied and practiced in an art to perfect it. Set an amount of practice will really improve.

Though, using MS Paint and going over pictures of Terra and calling her Lexi is just... Mmm. Downright wrong.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LexiNicole 8/22/2010, 5:32 pm

Mercy wrote: Hon, you're 11 years old,

My point exactly.
LexiNicole
LexiNicole

Back to top Go down

Post by LexiNicole 8/22/2010, 5:35 pm

Well off of that topic, just go to my DA acount if you wanna see anymore of my art, don't wanna be constantly posting on multiple sites.

http://lexithepwnage.deviantart.com/
LexiNicole
LexiNicole

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain 8/22/2010, 5:40 pm

Mercy wrote:Hey, couldn't have said it better myself Raevien. All artists don't get where they are over night. Lexi, hon. You're 11 years old. You need at least 10,000 hours applied and practiced in an art to perfect it. Set an amount of practice will really improve.

Though, using MS Paint and going over pictures of Terra and calling her Lexi is just... Mmm. Downright wrong.
Lol I'd like to point out something here. Has anybody ever thought about how long 10,000 hours is? If you were to spend 3 hours a day seven days a week, it would take you 9.13 years. That's 3333.33 days. That's almost unreal. Let's say you practice your 'art' 6 hours a day seven days a week. It would take you 4 and half years of this repetition to be able to 'perfect' the art, which is an erroneous statement in itself because art is subjective and there is no standard of perfection. Even Van Gogh wasn't perfect...
Rain
Rain

Back to top Go down

Post by Raevien 8/22/2010, 5:43 pm

♪☠*~Lexi~*☠♪ wrote:

My point exactly.

So you're going to use your age as an excuse, sit on your butt and wait until you're older to start improving, or are you going to do something about it now and grow as an artist so you can be totally kick-butt when you're 15?

Rain wrote:
Lol I'd like to point out something here. Has anybody ever thought about how long 10,000 hours is? If you were to spend 3 hours a day seven days a week, it would take you 9.13 years. That's 3333.33 days. That's almost unreal. Let's say you practice your 'art' 6 hours a day seven days a week. It would take you 4 and half years of this repetition to be able to 'perfect' the art, which is an erroneous statement in itself because art is subjective and there is no standard of perfection. Even Van Gogh wasn't perfect...

Exactly. No matter what you do, you're still going to need practice in it. Whether it's art. Horseback riding. Martial arts. Archery. Dancing. WHATEVER. There's not going to be a time when you need to stop improving. That's just all there is to it.
Raevien
Raevien

Back to top Go down

Post by LexiNicole 8/22/2010, 5:45 pm

Why is it that every time I say something, anything, about my lack of skills in art, this happens?

Am I really that bad of a person?
LexiNicole
LexiNicole

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain 8/22/2010, 5:59 pm

Raevien wrote:
♪☠*~Lexi~*☠♪ wrote:

My point exactly.

So you're going to use your age as an excuse, sit on your butt and wait until you're older to start improving, or are you going to do something about it now and grow as an artist so you can be totally kick-butt when you're 15?

Rain wrote:

Exactly. No matter what you do, you're still going to need practice in it. Whether it's art. Horseback riding. Martial arts. Archery. Dancing. WHATEVER. There's not going to be a time when you need to stop improving. That's just all there is to it.

I played the piano for 13 years. I've probably played more complicated pieces than you've ever even heard. Day by day, I spent grueling hours learning how to read and play advanced musical notation, so I know a few things about practice. Nobody is accausting you about your skill level, we're just aiding you in your journey to become a more well rounded artist by giving you hints and pointing out major flaws in your designs. It's constructive criticism, we're only trying to help (or they're only trying to help). We aren't trying to hurt your feelings nor make fun of you. They are trying to save you the hassle of going through some of the basic lessons and trials that they once struggled through, and it means they LIKE YOU lexi. Don't take offense, you should find it interesting to be observing people reflect upon hard work and the fruits that come from it.
Rain
Rain

Back to top Go down

Post by LexiNicole 8/22/2010, 6:03 pm

Word of The Day: Uncreative

It's not you guys I'm urked about, it's that damn word. It's etched in my mind and I'm holding it against all of you and I'm sorry. The only person I'm really pissed at is Snake.

Can we be done now? I'm getting way too many emails...
LexiNicole
LexiNicole

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain 8/22/2010, 6:54 pm

♪☠*~Lexi~*☠♪ wrote:Word of The Day: Uncreative

It's not you guys I'm urked about, it's that damn word. It's etched in my mind and I'm holding it against all of you and I'm sorry. The only person I'm really pissed at is Snake.

Can we be done now? I'm getting way too many emails...

You know, you can turn off the email notificatios... they're actually rather stupid if you ask me.

Besides, don't be pissed at snake. Even though he was entirely wrong in his rash approach, there is merit to his words. Take what you can from it, laugh about him being a jerk a lil, and get over it. Don't get mad cus he doesn't communicate well with kids. I don't know if he even knows how.
Rain
Rain

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 8/22/2010, 7:16 pm

Hey hey! I didn't get my 2 cents in about everything that happened so far!

-Snake hasn't even posted here yet, I merely quoted him to point out the problem I have with your art.
-10,000 hours of hard work to be at the top. If its 9 years or 20 years, I'm putting in my 10,000. Not sure if I'll get it in before I die though.
-Rae... Again, I agree with you on the age deal.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain 8/22/2010, 10:58 pm

Mercy wrote:Hey hey! I didn't get my 2 cents in about everything that happened so far!

-Snake hasn't even posted here yet, I merely quoted him to point out the problem I have with your art.
-10,000 hours of hard work to be at the top. If its 9 years or 20 years, I'm putting in my 10,000. Not sure if I'll get it in before I die though.

lol I just always thought it was a ridiculous quote... Razz
Rain
Rain

Back to top Go down

Post by Raevien 8/23/2010, 12:25 pm

Mercy wrote:Hey hey! I didn't get my 2 cents in about everything that happened so far!

- Yeah, I was wondering about that, too. He's said/done nothing. >.>
- Ditto. <xD ....God, that's morbid.
- Yeeey~
Raevien
Raevien

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain 8/23/2010, 11:15 pm

Still a ridiculous quote... >> xD
Rain
Rain

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 8/24/2010, 12:15 am

- ... Nothing more to say on the matter.
- Morbid and ridiculous yes. But you put that amount of time in anything of course you'll be the best at whatever that is. Not the BEST best, but a damn lot better than nearly everyone you meet.
-Rae, I love you. You're so awesome <3
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next