DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Darkest of Knights

+2
redeagle321
Vandal
6 posters

Page 23 of 36 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29 ... 36  Next

Go down

The Darkest of Knights - Page 23 Empty Re: The Darkest of Knights

Post by Fishing4Infinity 9/5/2010, 7:24 pm

Karmy staggered around, coughing and rubbing her eyes, desperately trying to regain her senses. "Bat *cough* Man!?" she called out for him since he was the only other hero nearby. "Where are *cough cough* You?!"
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/5/2010, 7:33 pm

Batman held his cape over Karmy, hushing her to be quiet. He picked her up and moved her out of the way. He felt a stab piercing his side, he knew Slade was already attacking. "Go!" He yelled at Karmy releasing her away from the smoke. He was blind as a bat, but his filters were kicking in and coming to his aide. Another hit, that was Slade's mistake now, Batman knew exactly where he was and he shot out his arm choking Slade effectively. "I told you." He said squeezing him. "I was trained by the best."
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 9/6/2010, 1:14 am

Karmy walked up to Batman, still coughing, but her sight had at least returned to her. She never did like dealing with smoke or flash grenades. "You know," she coughed out. "This is the second time this week that you've saved my life." she put her hands on her knees as she tried to get her breathing back to normal. "And for something he caused." she hissed at Slade.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/6/2010, 1:24 am

Batman threw Slade across the room and against the wall before he could knee Batman in the groin. He used his cape to clear the smoke, still not facing Karmy. His hearing and smell came to, slowly but surely. "You shouldn't be here. Get back to your partner, don't want you to get killed by this mad man now do we?" Batman said approaching Slade.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 9/6/2010, 1:36 am

"Hmph." Karmy huffed as she started to slowly ease back into her regular breathing pattern. "Bastard has been trying to kill me for 6 years, hasn't succeeded." she stepped back only a little bit. "And as far as I can see, you have no partner right now and neither do I."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 9/6/2010, 8:36 am

Slade was loosing this fight- badly. Crumpled, crushed, and hadn't been able to hit the sonofabitch once yet. He was really out of tricks- the smoke and flashbang were a desperate last resort- bullets, sowrd and staff had all proven useless, and Batman just finished crushing him like cheap paper. He was supposed ot be Slade, deathstroke the friggin' terminator! This jsut wasn't right that he couldn't even HIT one man, Batman or not. Bruised in both face and ego, Slade made an embittered retreat into the shadows of the device- for now. He planned to strike back for this degration, but he was unable to compete- now.

Needless to say, nothing gould stop superman from getting to the control room where Ra's Al Ghul was waiting. "I'm suprised at the ease in which your companion has defeated Slade- perhaps his reputation is undeserved." Ra's mused, having seen Slade get tossed like a cheap peice of garbage on the security monitor and slinking off to lick his wounds. Superman didn't seem to have any interest. "This is over Ra's. Just come quietly." Superman said sternly, his arms crossed. Ra's looked at superman like he had just insulted his mother. "Don't be so arrogant. your friends on the lower levels are fighting a loosing battle- true, they might have incapacitated the ground forces, but the berserkers will be able to hold them long enough for me to obtain the plans for this weapon."

[had to cut it short]

redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/6/2010, 10:23 am

Batman knew if it wasn't now it would be later. Slade was gone, and he was use to him escaping. He saw Karmy about ready to go after him. "No. Let him go." Batman said. "We've got bigger issues to deal with if you're going to be my partner." He explained running off to the generator.

"Awww man! How the heck do we stop these things?!" Cyborg asked as the heroes grouped up. "I don't know Cy, you want to ask them?!" Red Robin asked sarcastically. His left arm had been broken in the scuttle with Slade and it had greatly slowed him down. "How about what Batman does when he fights Bane?" Batgirl suggested tossing flash pellets at an oncoming beserker. "I don't think jumping on their backs would do any good." Raven said pushing them back. "No, if you trick them into charging into you, you can make them smash head-on into the wall!" Batgirl explained. "Then can anybody shake Red X awake so we can use him as bait?" Red Robin yelled kicking one in the face.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 9/6/2010, 10:55 am

"Alright, but I ain't no Robin." Karmy said raising her finger. "My pant's are not that tight." she shifted her bag a bit and then ran after Batman. "Where is Superman anyways?"
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 9/6/2010, 1:39 pm

"Charge?" Ivy repeated, hearing Batgirl's suggestion. What am I supposed to do? Wave a red cape around? she thought, gritting her teeth and knocking back a nearby berserker. She positively hated messing with fire, but flared up a hand to see if the colors attracted it. If it did, she'd have a way to trick it into charging.

It did no good, this berserker proving to be able to spritz water from it's palm. "Crap!" she cried, repeating her dirt wall attack.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 9/6/2010, 7:51 pm

Superman floated closer to Ra's. "And what makes you think I intend to let you get those plans?" Superman asked. He knew Ra's had kryptonite on him in some way, shape or form. Man like Ra's? Superman would be insulted if he didn't. Ra's smirked. "Because I've got THIS." He said, procuring Kryptonite. But Superman knew far better then Ra's how Kryptonite worked- as quick a shis dimishing strength could carry him, Superman dashed back. Ra's peice was far too small to affect him. With his heat vision, he incinerated the Kryptonice instantly. Ra's two bodygaurds tried ot take him, but Superman quickly bonked their heads together and dispatched of the two easily. They were master soldiers, each oen trained in the same way as Damian, but they just couldn't hold a candle to the man of steel. Superman then utilized his hear-vision and tore intot eh control systems of the weapon, watchign consoles blow and lights go out. Superman turned ot Ra's, whomw as fuming at the now useless controls, making firing the weapon impossible. Superman scooped the man up liek a wayward dog, by the scruff of his robes. "It's over, Ra's. Done."
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/6/2010, 8:36 pm

Batman soon joined Superman at his fall of Ra's, he looked intently at Karmy. "We came just in time." He smiled. "Ra's, come in quietly and there won't be any physical harm dealt to you." Batman said holding out a pair of flexi cuffs. He knew Ra's Al Ghoul wouldn't give up so easily, but maybe The Man of Steel's presence made it possible. Maybe.

Batgirl had just dodged a Beserker running at full speed, she threw a well aimed batarang at his face to obscure his vision and he ran straight into the wall. Cyborg then uppercut the Beserker's chin so hard the nuts and screws in his right hand popped off. "I'm only gonna say this once, but BOO-YAH!" He cheered giving a high-five to Batgirl. "That's the last of them." Red Robin emerged from a pile of Beserkers that he and Raven had been working on along with Beast Boy. "Yeah, now we just have that generator to take care of." Alice agreed helping Red X up with Robin. "How's everyone holding up?" Raven asked floating down. "I think we're all good." Red Robin said looking around. "Your arm is broken..." Raven observed. "It'll get better. Titans, Go."
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 9/6/2010, 8:45 pm

"Huh..." Karmy said, placing her hands on her hips in speculation and heroism. "Getting here was easier than I expected!" she laughed, unaware of the gash over her eyebrow she had gained in the battle royal. The adrinaline from the fight still flowed through her veins so she didn't feel any pain right now. "Like it would be smart for him to put up a fight anyways, not with his two lackies out." she pointed her thumb over her shoulder.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 9/7/2010, 11:00 am

Ra's had his arms crossed like a kid kicked out of the pool for splashing too much. Although he was bitter about loosing, he was too smart to fight Superman AND Batman AND Karmy all at the same time- that was a feat not even Ra's could pull off. Clearly, Slade had failed also in his venture to keep out intruders. Ra's, although bitter, figured it would be best to just go quietly right now.

Cassius managed to KO the last berserker, and ran to check on everyone:

Cyrah looked like her legs had gone into a meat grinder, but the profanity she was spewing indicated she was ok.
Zero's person was full of sharp pointy objects
Rose was fine, ignoring that a berserker had lit her on fire several times.
And, naturally, Karmy had scurried off somewhere.

In all, they had all come out alive. Not too shabby.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/7/2010, 11:38 am

Batman cuffed Ra's hands behind his back noting something about a long term in Arkham. The Bats all regrouped in the Generator room along with the Titans. [Dunno if anyone else wants me to control their characters..]

"Okay so how do we shut this hunk of metal off?" Alice asked. "And a bigger question: how do we prevent anyone from adopting this design in the future?" Cyborg added. "That's simple." Batman said crossing his arms. "Superman has the ability to destroy the machine, I will be responsible for corrupting the database here. Batgirl can hack into the mainframe and get the names of every single person involved. From there she can hack into everyone's computers and delete whatever information they had on this project and store it in her hard drive for evidence or future use." Batman explained. "Sounds good. You sure you don't need any help?" Red Robin asked. "We're going to need all the help we can get." Batman said observing the large device.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 9/7/2010, 11:58 am

"Ok um... So what..." Karmy had no idea what she could do. She knew nothing about no technical knowhow or any of that junk. And it probably wasn't wise for her to touch the machine so she just slunk back and watched.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus31 9/7/2010, 3:18 pm

"Well, how are we going to get rid of this thing?" Crimson said as he was patting up a bullet wound he received in his shoulder. Not for nothing, crimson didn't want to spend another minute in the EQ generator." I'm open to ideas!"
Corvus31
Corvus31

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 9/7/2010, 5:16 pm

Ivy followed the others into the control room. She had taken a few bad burns to the left arm, and more bruises and cuts decorating her. An ending gift from the last berserkers, she thought dryly. When she saw the EQ generator, she was incapable of saying anything. Technology was not her expertise.

"I'll do whatever I can. If I can do anything." The young woman offered, picking a noticeably large shard of glass from Zero's arm with surprising nonchalance.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 9/7/2010, 5:29 pm

Zero stooped next to a Berserker as Ivy yanked the glass from his shoulder. He knew of this- in his restored memories, he had gained the knowledge that he too had been destined originally to be one of them, A hateful, faceless soldier of evil. "Poor bastard." He grumbled, getting up. Inocent people, deprived of their freedoms. It was enough to make him gag, but for now, he made healing Ivy priority one, she was more important right now. he brushe dher hair out of her face and looked at her. "Hey, anything in particular broken or hurting bad? I'll get those first." He asked with great concern.

Cyrah grunted grumpily at Crimson's comment. "Shaddap, leave it to the brains." She snorted, both grumpy and hurting as she tried to pull her legs back together.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/7/2010, 5:45 pm

"We just have to pull the cables from each end so that Superman can take the thing out of orbit. If possible, he could dispose of it in the sun or wherever he wishes." Batman said already working on cracking the mainframe with Batgirl, she seemed to be quiet, too silent for her own good. Batman knew she was probably busy focusing on the codes.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 9/7/2010, 6:28 pm

Ivy gave a tiny smile at Zero's concern. "Not really, okay for the most part." She assured him, continuing to gingerly pick metal and glass from his cuts. It'd be easier for him to heal himself that way.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 9/7/2010, 10:06 pm

Karmy watched as the Bat's and SUperman dismantled the Earthquake generator. She had not been there for the last one, but she knew that it was a dangerous device, since It killed Zero after all. Sitting in the corner quietly, a rare sight, she pulled out the medical supplies and began to patch herself up. Of course she could have someone heal her, but she wanted something to do.

Beast Man walked up to Superman. "Hey, Sup, how's the machine coming along? You guys almost done?"
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/8/2010, 12:07 am

Alice was taking off a piece of the generator off and gazed into it. For some reason it looked distinct from the other pieces she was taking out. Alice looked about it and realized it was in the shape of a heart. Alice smiled solemnly as she pushed her hair back, knowing that Karmy would be amused by it. "Hey Karmy." She said stopping her work. "Check this out." Alice proudly said presenting the shiny object.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 9/8/2010, 12:27 am

Karmy finished stitching and bandaging the wound above her eye, packed the medical supplies back up and swallowed a couple of pain killers. Resting against the wall, she noticed Alice approaching her. "Hey Al, whatchu got ther- Ooh!! Shiny!!!"
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/8/2010, 12:43 am

Alice sat next to Karmy showing the piece. "I dunno, it looks like a heart." Alice said fiddling around with it, it suddenly snapped across. "Oh crud! It was so cool too!" She disappointingly remarked trying to put it back together. "Oh! It snaps together.." Alice observed putting the two pieces back into one.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 9/8/2010, 12:53 am

"Whoa, sweetness, lemme see." Karmy took it in her hands and played with it for a while. "Huh, that's odd, but so damn awesome!" she examined it for a moment. "It's like a heart shaped puzzle. With out the other, it's incomplete," she observed, taking it apart. "two separate halves, alone. " she observed, taking it apart. "But when you put them back together," she fixed it. "They're one."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 36 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29 ... 36  Next