DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revamping our Forums for the New Year.

+3
Fishing4Infinity
Rinisa
Vandal
7 posters

Go down

Revamping our Forums for the New Year. Empty Revamping our Forums for the New Year.

Post by Vandal 11/27/2011, 4:00 am

Over the years we have seen these forums go from "Saving the Teen Titans! Bring on Season 6!" to "The Titans aren't coming back, lets just hang out cause we're all cool kids." And finally I think it's ultimately these forums that has really introduced me into the DC Universe. Call it a New Years Resolution, but starting in 2012, our forums will change forever. We are planning to change the entire theme of our forums from Teen Titans to everything DC.

Just a disclaimer, our forums will in fact shut down for the construction of the new forums. I would like to give you an exact date, but right now it's all in speculation. We may be down for a couple of days or even a couple of weeks, just know by the time we're back in business, you won't be returning to the same forums you have always been coming to for the past four years.

I have been planning this for quite some time, but the sudden influx of new members looking to bring back Teen Titans Season 6 has really brought to my attention that this update is necessary. I'm really excited for the changes we're going to make, and it's an honor to be the one to inform everyone of our intentions.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Revamping our Forums for the New Year. Empty Re: Revamping our Forums for the New Year.

Post by Rinisa 11/28/2011, 8:24 pm

Wow.

This site really is growing up. It's about time, I think, for this. Good luck with the revamping!

(The blue is gonna take some getting used to,though. I logged on and thought I had accidentally highlighted the page.)
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Revamping our Forums for the New Year. Empty Re: Revamping our Forums for the New Year.

Post by Fishing4Infinity 11/28/2011, 8:57 pm

Ahh!! This means I have to change my avatar!
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 11/28/2011, 9:43 pm

We are changing a lot of what you know and love. I'm getting rid of sections and categories and revamping our forums with brand spankin' new threads and topics, categories and sections. To top it all off, we might be changing our forum's URL if we're lucky.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 11/29/2011, 7:35 pm

Mercy wrote:...changing our forum's URL if we're lucky.

Ooh. I know very little about website making and the like, but what if an old user isn't on when you post the new URL and therefore loses the site? Is it possible to make a sort of "Redirecting" or "This site has moved!" page? Or once you give up the URL, we have nothing to do with it any more?
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 11/29/2011, 7:49 pm

abreu7 wrote:
Mercy wrote:...changing our forum's URL if we're lucky.

Ooh. I know very little about website making and the like, but what if an old user isn't on when you post the new URL and therefore loses the site? Is it possible to make a sort of "Redirecting" or "This site has moved!" page? Or once you give up the URL, we have nothing to do with it any more?
I would like to have the redirect option, but I'm not entirely sure how to work that. But, I will have a newsletter sent out to all the emails of our members. On top of that I will let everyone know two months prior to the URL change. This is assuming we complete our "mission."
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Revamping our Forums for the New Year. Empty COUNTDOWN

Post by Vandal 11/30/2011, 2:11 am

As you can clearly tell, there are some major improvements going on in the visual perspective of our forums, new icons, a brand spankin' new favicon (as opposed to that confusing black swirl, our forum's new favicon is the DC logo with an exclamation mark, the star being the point.) It's only a matter of time before we do away with all the buttons, the banner, and then eventually the entire forum itself (Topics, categories, and all the like.)

The end is near! Yet, so is the beginning.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EllaMila1 12/1/2011, 11:02 am

I already thought the blue was a big change. xD
But oh well, I might as well get further into DC than just TT.

Good luck with the revamping!
EllaMila1
EllaMila1

https://www.youtube.com/user/EllaMila1

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 12/1/2011, 5:36 pm

To be honest, the colors are just the beginning. Thanks Ella!
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel 12/12/2011, 6:53 pm

The buttons look great!
archiesangel
archiesangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 12/14/2011, 2:49 am

narf

Last edited by TheDeceiverGod on 12/15/2011, 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It's getting old Snake)
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 12/15/2011, 7:44 pm

Wow I looked back at some earlier threads and members other than Mykan sounded like this.

By the way after the banner gets fixe up I'll work on the actual forum. Put new topics and sections in and such.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 12/15/2011, 8:15 pm

That's why, despite his inability to let certain things go, I like having Snake around. He keeps us from sounding like that.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 12/17/2011, 12:46 pm

I love the subtle fact that the "Log Out" button is death.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down