DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans: Ashes and Blood

4 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Teen Titans: Ashes and Blood - Page 2 Empty Re: Teen Titans: Ashes and Blood

Post by redeagle321 4/10/2014, 10:44 am

Zero raised his eyebrows amusedly as he recognized Jotis's praticular focus on Sparky. However, he decided to let it be. "So, get to know each other, eh?" Zero asked out loud. "Sounds fair enough, but if you want our life's story, i'm afraid this is going to be a short little session." He Joked dryly about himself and Karmy. Oh, he could feel the imminent disaproval for Jotis, even without his powers. "But let's hear about YOU, big guy. You're from a whole 'nuther planet or something, right?" He inquired curiously...
---
Sparky leaned back in his seat and crossed his arms in amusement as Jotis Gave him the brunt of his initial focus. Whatever, it was hardly the first time someone had given him a disaproving look, so meh. He was, however, interested in hearing what Jotis was all about, so he perked up and listened carefully after Zero sugested the idea...
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 4/10/2014, 11:34 am

Jotis nodded his head, smacked his lips to let them know about him, where he was coming from. Maybe even if they'd still be intimidated by him, at least they'd know the reason why he is the way he is.

"My name is Jotis Karr, I'm nineteen years old, though I don't know how long the years are here on Earth as things seem to be moving so much faster here. I kind of like it this way, but at any rate... I was on a mission issued out by the heads of Thanagar on an enemy planet, not five lightyears away from Earth. I gathered the information, blended in with the world and found all their weeknesses. We were going to use the information for a full scale invasion, use the planet as a transdimensional rift, to warp in and out of so we could get closer to our sworn enemies, the Gordanians. It was on my way back when I was shot down by a Gordanian fleet and crashlanded on Earth. With no way to get in contact with my army, and no way of getting back to Thanagar, I settled in. Then, I just became accustomed to Earth. I like it here. Moreso than Thanagar even, I like the oxygen.. the gravity is much lighter here, and beating a criminal in the face is... slightly theapeutic." He looked down as he realized he was involuntarily rubbing his forearm.

"I've never had the oppotunity to lead a team of my own, so you're my first squad that I shall lead into battle. I pray you can take commands seriously, for I don't like to play around. If I tell you to do something, I expect your diligence. Now, who would like to go next?"
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 4/10/2014, 12:16 pm

Before she got into the super hero business, Looper never knew that aliens existed. Well, at least she didn't think she knew. Her life before waking up alone in the forest, was still a mystery to her. Hearing all this stuff about a planet she'd never heard of, even other races and species, was just so fascinating to her! She sat in awe, listening to Jotis' story intently, taking in everything he had to say. He may have seen like a bit of a tool at first, but Looper knew that he was the perfect man for the role of leader. "Well, just like Zero, here, my story is short as well. It's just been us two ever since we found each other."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael 4/10/2014, 1:04 pm

The tower was silent while the temporary Titans convened.

No alarms blared, no lights flash and certainly no one proved to be alerted to the fact that a skittering presence was loose amongst the halls.

Searching and searching. By the Pit this had been a tedious five years of damned searching. But the taste of the magic was real in this metal obelisk; tangible and sour as the unseen force pulled and plucked at the strings that bound the presence to it.

Down and down it went till a heavy door loomed overhead, casting the presence with a alluring sense of despair. No way in without alerting every person in the tower and maybe even those dastardly teens rocketing off to some other planet, what a disappointment.

Little hooves tapped against the smooth hall floor, glowing eyes appraising the vault door with amusement. The only way in was to get one of the newbies to do it, get in and nab that nasty thing. But that would take time and a a forging of friendships; with a ultimatum of nine months, it was risky business.

Oh well, it wasn't like she was going anywhere. A little visit with her new 'friends' was well overdue.
Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 4/10/2014, 8:19 pm

"Well then, by all means," Jotis said taking a seat, his wings flapped up and rested behind the couch's back, and gave Looper the stage, gesturing her to stand in the middle with Zero to talk about themselves "I'd love to hear your story." Jotis wasn't sure what was coming out of his mouth, the other Thanagarians in his old unit never did this, but if this was the only way he was going to get to know them, dammit, he had to do what was necessary to properly coordinate with them. 

"Also, explain all of your… urm, abilities? What do you guys like? What do you dislike? What can we expect from you?" He inquired, rubbing his chin and crossing his legs.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 4/11/2014, 12:00 am

Zero listened with great interest to Jotis's story. Military man, huh? That made sense. It would explain why he seemed like he wanted to run a tight ship. Gordanians? Thanagar? Those was a new one on him, though. But he figured they'd know in good time, it sounded quite interesting. He couldn't help but get a tidbit excited, though, when Jotis Asked him and Karmy to share. "So, our little story, huh?" He repeated, hopping to his feet with Looper. "Well, when we say it's not much, we really mean not much. It was what, barely a year ago....?" He asked out loud. It was probably a little less then that. he tried to focus but then there was a.... nagging, in the back of his mind. Like a TV that wasn't set up just right, an unpleasant cacaphony he could just barely sense. But he quickly dismissed it as nothing, and focused back on the discussion. "Lost in the woods remembering squat, met up with Karmy here-" he pointed his thumb at Karmy for emphasis. "- and we kicked some asses. At least that's how I remember it. In a nutshell, anyhow." He elaborated, giving a pause in case Karmy wanted to comment...
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 4/11/2014, 12:31 am

"Karmy's just the nickname he fished out of of his brain for Karma." Looper reached into her pocket and pulled out the name tag from long ago. "I guess that's my name at least. This was the only thing I found that might've been from my past." She had studied the simple plastic over and over again, but there was nothing abnormal about it. No logo from who might've made it, not finger prints, or even a funny smell about it. "Just woke up in the woods with blood running down my ears and a blank slate for a memory. Then this fella showed up out of nowhere and we've been inseparable. Taught ourselves how to keep our powers under control and instead of using them to cause mayhem and madness, used them to help people. And I gotta say, beating thugs to a pulp is quite therapeutic."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 4/11/2014, 12:42 am

Jotis raised an eyebrow when Looper seemed to just parrot his last words on beating a criminal over the head, maybe she just needed a little more push when it came to giving orders. He saw it as a plus. The name tag Karma pulled out didn't really look like a name tag to Jotis, they normally said something faking enthusiasm like HI MY NAME IS: and you stuck it to your chest with some strange sticky adhesive. "Thank you, Karma and-... Zero?" He said still unsure if that's what they would like to be called.

"Sparky, you're up." He said motioning the couple to sit down and brought Sparky the floor.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 4/11/2014, 1:11 am

Zero eagerly plopped down in his seat with Karmy and leaned forward eagerly- he just HAD to hear what Sparky's story was...
---
"So, my turn, eh?" Sparky observed, getting to his feet. "I guess I could start at the begining and go on about how I used to live in a small little slum outside of metropolis with my family. Or how I built my first computer at Six. But you probably would be more interested in that I graduated college at sixteen and was offered a job at Lexcorp, building top secret weapons and battlesuits for Lex Luthor." He said, he furrowed his brow in personal disgust before going on. "Then there's me QUITTING after I saw my designs slapping down with the Justice Leauge, and came here to Jump city to try to make an honest living, until Robin contacted me, and the rest is history." He concluded. Unlike the others, it wasn't a history he relayed with much pride, but hearing it might hopefully help them understand his personal stakes....
---
But Zero being stunned was putting it mildly. 'He built crap that Lex Luthor used on the Leauge? Note to self, keep on this guy's good side....' He thought to himself....
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 4/11/2014, 1:23 am

Jotis had something else in mind, though the name Lex Luthor didn't mean anything to him, The Justice League did. They were the only group orbiting Earth that had other Thanagarians on their team. Maybe he could get in contact with them eventually. That or maybe this kid could equip them with technology to enhance their own natural abilities. Possibly in the event of a stealth mission, he could outfit them with camouflage.

"Hmm." Jotis nodded approvingly.

"Well, team, I don't want to stress everyone out on their first day, but I suggest we just stick together until it's time to retire tonight. If we're going to be on the battlefield together, we have to trust each other. Friendly activity is order..." He said, his heart sinking a little. Jotis was positive that this had to pay off some how, otherwise, he would just keep everything to himself.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael 4/11/2014, 12:34 pm

"Oh how rude---skipping over a teammate"

The voice was sudden and orotund, coming from the doorway behind the couches where everyone had been seated.

Tizmael leaned casually against the frame, head tilted back as if to jar thought from her brain. "---let's see. I like long, moonlit walks on the beach. Sun dresses. The blood of the innocent. Carmel lattes and scones" The trickster grinned viciously at the lot of them. "Did I already say blood of the innocent?" Tizmael gave a cackle before pushing off the door frame.

Initially, she had been wary of Jotis, as his visage suggested someone of the celestial persuasion, which was dangerous and frightening for a demon. Upon closer inspection; however, Tiz could sense no hint of holy influence within him and wrote the Thanagarian off as a mutant of some kind. Interesting but harmless in the ways she feared he might have been.

Karma and Zero were interesting prospects but decidedly mortal. Confused and young were the perfect states to be in for her purposes. She'd make an effort to treat them kindly.

Tizmael had arrived as Sparky had begun to explain his history and was instantly pegged as too intelligent to manipulate. She'd have to play a different game with that one, cater to his mind rather than his body. Less fun but also vaguely interesting.

Tizmael gave a flippant hand gesture as if shooing away her own words. "No--but really, greetings and salutations new friends!"
Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 4/11/2014, 2:08 pm

Who was this small, crawler of the night? The burgundy red tint in her skin suggested she wasn't from around here. Then again, neither was Jotis, who drew his sword and aimed it at the approaching demon, which stopped her in her tracks.

The teens around him, were unsure of how to react, she seemed like a friendly, but their leader's reaction to her put them on edge. Instead, they seemed to move away from him, as the intimidating weapon sparked at the draw.

A few awkward moments passed as he eyed Tizmael, something about her made Jotis' instincts blare off wildly. "State your business," He said, raising his chin to her "because I wasn't aware of a fifth Titan."

Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 4/11/2014, 7:52 pm

Zero didn't need to rely on his psionic abilities to tell that something was.... different about their new arrival. No security going off, no indication that she even had a smidge of trouble getting in or issue just trotting on up with a pleasant 'Howdy do,' no nothing. And, strangest of all, she wanted to be FRIENDS, despite his mind practically SCREAMING that there was something up with what he was seeing. But what really put him on edge was when Jotis tensed up. He had just finished explaining his proud military history, so if even he was drawing a weapon and getting agitated, that was NOT a good sign. Nonetheless, he knew he had to put his trust in Jotis's leadership, and instead of engaging her, waited for his leader's command. However, he barely realized that he had already put himself in front of Karmy and readied a force sphere in his hand, the bright blue energy swirling in it like a whirlpool- just in case...
---
But whereas Zero tensed up, Sparky, despite his initial suprise, actually calmed down. Sure he jumped and tensed up at first, but after thinking about it, he came to some conclusions. This girl clearly wasn't here to fight, at least them- she would've attacked by now if that was the case. She seemed pretty clearly interested in them, but if Jotis really had no idea that she was in the team- and he doubted Robin would've forgot to mention her- then she clearly wasn't meant to be in the team, neither were they her main focus. Clearly there was more to her story, and he cocked his head in interest- this, he simply HAD to hear.....
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 4/12/2014, 11:15 am

Looper looked around at her teammates reactions and couldn't help but think that they were overreacting just a bit. Yeah, her appearance wasn't all that friendly and the fact that she looked down right evil, but... Karma wasn't one to judge people by their looks, but by their actions. If she said she was here to be friends, then maybe she was telling them the truth. And if she wasn't, then they could easily kick her ass back to hell.

Hopefully.

Besides, another girl on the team might be good for them. If she wasn't planning to drag all of them down to hell, of course. Giving her the benefit of the doubt, Looper stepped out from behind Zero, "Moonlit walks on the beach are my favorite!" she took a step close to Tizmael. "Well, any walks on the beach are. So what's your name?"
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael 4/13/2014, 7:58 pm

Tizmael looked at the point of the sparking sword, held her hands up and grinned. "No need for violence, if I wanted to hurt you guys I surely wouldn't have tried to get your attention first." The demon didn't like the look of that sword, but neither did anyone else; that was good.

A flick of her tail, and the demon was walking around the room; giving a wide berth to the Thanagarian as she circled the group. "You may call me Tiz, I assure you the Titans and I are well acquainted" Tizmael looked down at her hooves and uttered a weary sigh, leaning against the wall and crossing her arms over her belly. "Truth be told, the Titans did not ask me to help you while they were away. We had a bit of a falling out you see---"

The demon picked idly at a pill of lint on her tunic, plucking at it nervously as she continued on. "I'm not proud of it, but I did them wrong and---Well I admit I am hoping to help you all in the months to come to try and get back into their good graces"

Tizmael cast Karma a side-ways glance and gave her a sassy little wink, a gesture to acknowledge that they could certainly talk about their shared enthusiasm for beaches after this business was all settled. "I understand if you are skeptical of my intentions, but I truly mean to help you"

((Sorry that took me forever guys))
Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 4/13/2014, 8:49 pm

"Daawww, she's so cute!" Looper approached her fully. Of course she was curious as to what events had happened between the little demon and the real Titans, but she was willing to let whatever it was slide. Unfortunately, she couldn't speak for her team mates of course. And judging by the looks on their faces, except maybe Sparkys, this might take a little more persuasion. "Come on guys, everyone deserves a chance at redemption. And let me be the first one to give you that chance." she shook her hand in greeting. "Nice to meet you, Tiz! And wow your hands are really warm."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 4/13/2014, 10:07 pm

"No, absolutely not." Jotis said, curt and brash. He advanced on Karma and pulled her hair back to keep her away from the She-Demon. "This," he explained, propping Karma upright since she had lost balance from his tug, "is not happening. You, get out, or taste my sword." Jotis wasn't about to trust anyone, he still didn't trust his team.

This Karma character was too friendly, she walked up to a random stranger and shook her hand. Tizmael could have bit her neck or ripped her heart out. The 'blood of the innocent' line was also still lingering in the back of Jotis' mind. "What are you thinking? Are you mad? You have no idea who this person is, and the Titans never mentioned her." Jotis whispered angrily into Karma's ear, then pushed her aside.

Last edited by Vandal on 4/14/2014, 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 4/13/2014, 11:44 pm

Zero winced slightly as Jotis berated Karm. Sure she was probably being a little TOO nice to a blatant trespasser, but on the other hand, he didn't like seeing her get chewed out. Zero- never disipating the force bolt in his hand, however- looked at Jotis out of the corner of his eye. "Come on, cut her some slack. I don't like a blatant trespasser and someone who openly was on the Titan's bad side running around probably just as much as you. But she just wanted to try and make the best of it is all." He pleaded, trying to convince Jotis to ease up on Karmy. Now this 'Tiz' however, this was a different story. Jotis clearly wasn't budging with her story, and Zero was just about as comfortable with the idea as he was of just letting her in. He kept a careful eye on her as he awaited Jotis's command...
---
But Sparky was far from freaked out. Did he beleive Tiz was really there for that whole 'make things right' story? Not really. But he also agreed that she was going about it all wrong if she was going to hurt them- if she wanted to hurt them- and could clearly sneak past the security- she could've easily blown a gas line or something and wiped them all out quickly. But one thing he was curious about.... "What exactly do you mean by 'did the titans wrong', hm?" He asked curiously. Finding out more about her and her relationship with the other Titans could help him unravel just what she was up to.....
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 4/14/2014, 12:12 pm

"Don't you think that if she was actually here to kill us, she would've tried to by now?" Looper said, trying to reason with her still very new leader. "We could call the Titans and just ask them about her?"
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael 4/16/2014, 3:22 pm

The imp grimaced as it seemed Jotis was none too keen on letting her stay, and Zero was following along with his leader and threat displaying. "Easy now. Even if you don't want me here, I've done no violence. Put the weapons down please"

Tizmael rubbed the back of her neck, chewing at her lip as she tried to form the words. "I am not proud of it." She looked at Sparky, offering a crooked smile, supplemented by a nervous laugh. "While assisting them, I may have used excessive force that caused lasting damage to a foe. And maybe I indulged in some larceny...."

The demon cringed and continued to rub at the back of her neck. She offered Karma an apologetic smile. "Id rather you not. Then you really won't give me a chance. It's why I snuck in after they left. If you call, they will just tell you to boot me out"

The petit devil clasped her hands together and took a step forward. "I know how I look, but I assure you I'm human" Tizmael looked desperate and hopeful, ducking her head down submissively as she appealed her case. "And I'm begging you, just give me a shot."
Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 4/16/2014, 4:10 pm

Jotis returned his sword to his sheath, still keeping eye contact with the Tiz. He didn't like her. He didn't even like her presence. Breaking into the tower? She even said the Titans wouldn't want her around. The leader crossed his arms and what you could see of his facial expressions it only displayed disappointment.

"Whatever harm you did, you should take it up with them yourself. Not with us." Jotis said, still feeling she was being deceitful. "Nevertheless, I'm going to-" Right before he could finish his sentence, red lights flashed and an alarm rang throughout the tower, The Titans turned to face the enormous screen that displayed a map of the city with a red dot on it labeled sector two.

"Trouble." Jotis said, as he raced to the computer, his wings spreading as if he was about to take flight. He placed his palm on a scanner next to the keyboard and windows popped up displaying camera footage of a monster, twice the size of the officers firing on him, it was none other than Plasmus.

Apart of Jotis wanted to ask what he was doing, it seemed as if he was breaking into a high tech labroratory off the east end of the city. "Let's move, everyone to the pods." Jotis commanded.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 4/16/2014, 5:13 pm

"Wohoo!!" Looper jumped for joy when she saw the monstrous goo villain on the screen. Not because she was happy about it attacking the laboratory, but because this would be their first ever fight as a team. This would be a good chance for her to see how her team mates reacted in battle. She already worked well with Zero, having fought along side with him for so long.

Although, this would also be her first time facing such a massive foe. But she felt confident that they would be ok. Looper ran back to Zero and looped an one of her arms with his. "You ready Z-Man?! We're gonna kick his slimey butt to the curb!"
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 4/17/2014, 12:25 am

Zero was all to happy to change the subject from Tizmael. "Whipping up on a giant monster? Sounds like fun to me!" Zero replied enthusiastically. This was a little more what he had been looking forward to. Him and Karmy had been fighting together for a while now, but the chance to fight one of the big players in JC as a Titan was a new high. "Shall we, my dear?" Zero asked flirtatiously, leading her towards the transport pods the Titans used to get into the city.
---
An epic fight against a genetically altered man in a high tech laboratory? Sparky was all a- flutter. He had quickly dashed into his room to equip what he adressed as his suit. It wasn't an elegant thing- hell, it didn't even look like it was FINISHED- but it had it's own charm. Lots of miss-matched plates, lots of exposed gadgets and contraptions that only Sparky had any inclination of how to use. But it suited him just fine to have funtionality over elegance. "Only a few hours in, and we got a biggun'. Sounds like we've got our work cut out for us." He observed as he joined the rest of the team, various lights and displays on his suit flashing in their own rythm...
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 4/17/2014, 11:26 am

The Titans are now in the Transport Pod Room. Each Pod holds up to three Titans at once. But since Jotis and his wings take up too much space, only two can fit in his pod.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael 4/21/2014, 11:22 pm

Tizmael had stayed back, ghosting along behind the excited group as they japed and chattered about their upcoming foe. It was easy to forget about something as ‘docile’ and inane as her when some giant goo monster was destroying some facility or another.

That was fine with her.

The demon knew exactly where she was going, slipping into the pod that Jotis had entered in order to strand him with her. Tizmael would enjoy pestering the Thanagarian and making the trip to their destination an awkward, uncomfortable one. It was the least she could do after her pointed a sword at her;  that and Jotis was already proving to be a difficult customer, if she wanted any chance of getting in good with the group she’d first have to get in good with its leader.

She slipped into the pod and sat herself down all prim and proper, crossing her legs and smiling at the winged teen.
Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next