DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deception Works

+12
AkAlina
Charm
Fishing4Infinity
archiesangel
Eve
EllaMila1
Raevien
Cylor
Vandal
FloatingMagikarp
thewizardofodd12
TheDeceiverGod
16 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Deception Works - Page 3 Empty Re: Deception Works

Post by TheDeceiverGod 12/12/2009, 9:50 pm

New one for those of you bothering to stay up to date.
Deception Works - Page 3 Ink11
Her name is Ink, of the Ink & Quill Society.
And her boyfriend.
Deception Works - Page 3 Parchm10
His name is Parchment, he handles the paperwork for the Society.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 12/17/2009, 4:31 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:New one for those of you bothering to stay up to date.
And her boyfriend.

I really like the second guy! :3
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 12/18/2009, 12:59 am

Mercy wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:New one for those of you bothering to stay up to date.
And her boyfriend.

I really like the second guy! :3

Yeah he's kinda my favorite too.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 1/9/2010, 2:33 am

Deception Works - Page 3 Areaus_Avenkill_by_AshPrince
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel 1/9/2010, 8:03 am

TheDeceiverGod wrote:Deception Works - Page 3 Areaus_Avenkill_by_AshPrince

You did a great job with the guy especially his hands! I also like the way you did the shadows and his powers. He kinda looks crazy haha =)
archiesangel
archiesangel

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 1/10/2010, 5:19 am

Thank you I worked very hard on the lighting in this scene, I wanted the monsters to be silhouetted but him to be full view. I'm quiet pleased with how it came out.
^.^
And yes, he is kinda crazy.

PS: Also be sure to check out Mammoth Vacation, viewable now as my submission for the contest.

Last edited by TheDeceiverGod on 1/10/2010, 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post Script)
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 1/15/2010, 11:31 pm

Deception Works - Page 3 Grim_the_Red_by_AshPrince

Grim the Red stands to say that Death is not yet Dead.

He's a personal character of mine. Come the Zombie apocalypse he'll lead the march of the Reaper Corps. a specially trained para-military organization known for their wearing of red cloaks & using of medieval weapons to cull the zombie hordes.

Little red ridding hood was never this badass
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/16/2010, 12:17 pm

Well the only two problems I have with it is that the perspective is off and the colors are a bit flat.

Perspective and color comes with practice, but I can only give a tip on colors since perspective is a visual thing.

Colors that are complementary to each other on the color-wheel tend to work better with each other, and colors that are analogous to each other tend to work well when they're next to each other.

Mixing colors does wonders if you know how to do it right, so keep it up Deceiver :3
I can see you're improving, and everything else looks fine on it.

Interesting character too! :D
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/16/2010, 2:18 pm

Awesome art work Decy!
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 1/16/2010, 3:19 pm

Mercy wrote:Well the only two problems I have with it is that the perspective is off and the colors are a bit flat.

Perspective and color comes with practice, but I can only give a tip on colors since perspective is a visual thing.

Colors that are complementary to each other on the color-wheel tend to work better with each other, and colors that are analogous to each other tend to work well when they're next to each other.

Mixing colors does wonders if you know how to do it right, so keep it up Deceiver :3

Yeah, the line are from this one was from way back, so my perspective skills have actually much improved since I drew this one. But I just recently scanned it in an colored it. I still have issues getting shadow and highlights the way I want them.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/16/2010, 3:32 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:
Mercy wrote:Well the only two problems I have with it is that the perspective is off and the colors are a bit flat.

Yeah, the line are from this one was from way back, so my perspective skills have actually much improved since I drew this one. But I just recently scanned it in an colored it. I still have issues getting shadow and highlights the way I want them.

XD

Well I understand what you were trying to accomplish with your shadows and highlights. With the sun and the cast shadow from your character. To be honest I haven't even tried doing a shadow like that ever in my art, so yeah it looks nice c:
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 2/13/2010, 3:14 am

Deception Works - Page 3 Dm10

My first attempt at sketching something out with my Tablet. Normally I just use it to color, the result, not exactly what I was looking for, but I think it works for this character.

He's more of an idea really. What if there were someone who's power was quiet simply, to bring out evil in those around him. A person who had the ability to both detect latent wickedness, and bring it to the surface. Quiet simply what if there were someone who could make you evil.

PS: Oh also, I'm the mod for the fan art now. ^.^ So you best be on your best behavior cause TheDeceiverGod is watching you Shocked

Last edited by TheDeceiverGod on 2/13/2010, 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post Script)
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Charm 2/13/2010, 11:20 am

TheDeceiverGod wrote:Deception Works - Page 3 Dm10

My first attempt at sketching something out with my Tablet. Normally I just use it to color, the result, not exactly what I was looking for, but I think it works for this character.

He's more of an idea really. What if there were someone who's power was quiet simply, to bring out evil in those around him. A person who had the ability to both detect latent wickedness, and bring it to the surface. Quiet simply what if there were someone who could make you evil.

PS: Oh also, I'm the mod for the fan art now. ^.^ So you best be on your best behavior cause TheDeceiverGod is watching you Shocked

Ooo I like it-- is it a bamboo tablet? :D

Charm

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 2/13/2010, 6:01 pm

it is a bamboo tablet yes.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 2/22/2010, 1:07 am

In my on going quest to prove to the universe that I should be in charge, and because I have recently gotten into a new show which I am ashamed to speak the name of for it is soo not my normal type of show... Really it's worse than Zero, though at least this one does have a plot... sort of.

Anyway, back to my quest to prove to the universe I should be in charge.

Yeah, if I were in charge things would be different.

Deception Works - Page 3 Thewic10

PS: Bonus points to anyone who can guess what show inspired me.

Last edited by TheDeceiverGod on 2/22/2010, 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post Script)
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 2/22/2010, 4:12 am

Another new one, from the same sort, I put less effort into this one, and he's really just more of a sketch to get the idea out and such, I might refine him more if I get the time or have the desire to.

Deception Works - Page 3 Icarus10
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 2/22/2010, 12:10 pm

Uhh I'm guessing Fullmetal Alchemist? Though I think I'm dead wrong.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 2/22/2010, 4:17 pm

Yes no, Full Metal Alchemist is a little more respectable than this particular show.
Though I must admit I am slightly interested in this new 'Brotherhood' version they're coming out with.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 4/29/2010, 3:50 pm

Deception Works - Page 3 Doll_House_by_TheDeceiverGod

Completely unrelated to anything I've been ranting about in the past weeks, really just a drawing I decided to get around to coloring. I like how it came out.

You might recognize a few of the character, I tend to reuse ones I like, and scrap ones I don't. I changed some names though.

It's also the newest and only piece submitted to my new 'TheDeceiverGod' Deviant Art page. Razz

PS: Oh yes, also some of these character will be appearing in future drawings by me. Assuming I get around to those.

Last edited by TheDeceiverGod on 4/29/2010, 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post Script)
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel 4/29/2010, 8:02 pm

Awesome! I am sooo jealous of your photoshop skills
archiesangel
archiesangel

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 4/29/2010, 10:34 pm

Yeah I'm pretty good with Photoshope I think, now if I could only get the dang pencil-shop down.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel 4/30/2010, 7:21 pm

Haha nice.
archiesangel
archiesangel

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 5/11/2010, 1:19 pm

Deception Works - Page 3 Supera10

My Zbrush soldier, I like Zbrush much better than almost any other art program.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 5/11/2010, 8:33 pm

Two 'Titans' Raven and Thanatos. Raven we all know but Thanatos is the Greek personification of Death. I never much liked the whole depiction of Death as a shade thing with a scythe. So I made Thanatos (who's symbol is a sword not a scythe) look like he could kick you ass and make you come with him.

Deception Works - Page 3 Raven_Sketch_by_TheDeceiverGod

Deception Works - Page 3 O___Thanatos_by_TheDeceiverGod

Both can be seen in full size on my DA page http://thedeceivergod.deviantart.com/gallery/#_browse/scraps

PS: I've never drawn so many skulls before in my life.

Last edited by TheDeceiverGod on 5/11/2010, 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post Script)
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Deception Works - Page 3 Empty Darkseid Character Sheet

Post by TheDeceiverGod 5/16/2010, 12:39 am

I think it's a work of art. Razz
Darkseid the Destroyer
Darkseid wrote:
So many questions... One answer shall serve for all. I am Darkseid.
Darkseid Video
Name- Uxas
Age-Eternal
Alias-Boss Dark Side, Dread Lord of Apokolis, God of Evil

Appearance
Hair-Black
Height-8’ 9’’
Weight-1815 lbs
Eyes-Glowing Red
Skin-Stone Grey
General-
Deception Works - Page 3 391px-Darkseid_006

Abilities

Physical abilities
New God Physiology: The beings of Apokolips call themselves Gods and live outside of normal time and space in a realm called the Fourth World. These New Gods have evolved due to their close proximity to the Source, a primeval energy, believed to be one of the ultimate foundations of the Universal Expression of Energy, along with their superior technology, into beings of genetic stability and evolutionary perfection. The denizens of New Genesis are immortal, stronger, faster, and smarter than homo sapiens, despite their resemblance to the same.

• Superhuman Strength: Darkseid has shown colossal strength that has even brought Superman himself down to his knees, though it should be noted that the Man of Steel has bested the God in some of their battles. His godlike strength allows him to break even the strongest of metals, and even the hardest of metals, once breaking a Green Lantern Ring with his bare hand. It is generally accepted that Darkseid is sufficiently strong to lift 100 tons with minimal effort.

• Invulnerability: Darkseid possesses a god like level of invulnerability. He is completely impervious to most forms of energy attacks as well as physical blows. He however can be knocked around by beings with colossal strength and power. He is not completely invulnerable, however; massively powerful beings are able to hurt him. Superman once beat him into unconsciousness before burying him in the Source Wall, and Doomsday easily bested him in physical combat, going so far as to pierce his skin with his bony armor. Additionally, during the events of Countdown to Final Crisis, Darkseid was killed by his son Orion when the latter punched clean into Darkseid's chest and physically removed his heart from his body.

• Immortality: As a New God, Darkseid is all immortal, unable to die of old age, or any other causes. Note that this does not mean that his body is indestructible, simply that should he be killed, he will inevitably revive.

• Superhuman Speed Darkseid can run faster than the finest Athlete; however, Darkseid's speed is not comparable to Speedsters such as Superman or the Flash.

• Superhuman Stamina: Unable to tire, Darkseid has a level of stamina that is sure to never run out. He can survive in a never ending battle for days if need be.

Mental abilities

Telepathy: Darkseid is capable of forming telepathic links with seemingly any being in the universe.

Mind Control: Ability to control the minds of others by sheer force of will. His ability to use this power is so great that he can dominate millions of beings all at once.

Telekinesis: Darkseid is able to use psychokinetic attacks or attack the mind by simple thought. With this ability he is able to lift objects at will, as well as use them as projectile weapons or barriers. The limits to this power are unknown.

Matter Transmutation: Darkseid is able to simply transmute matter by force of will.

Avatar Creation: A simple thought allows Darkseid to create liable avatars if/when the need arises.

Psionic Possession: Psychic abilities to possess an individual and negate any superhuman abilities they may have.

Energy Manipulation: Darkseid can also mentally control most known forms of energy, allowing him to erect protective force fields and project withering energy bolts.

Teleportation: Darkseid is able to teleport himself or any other being simply just by thought or sheer willpower.

Size manipulation: Darkseid has the ability to alter his body to grow to gigantic size

Metaphysical abilities
Omega Effect: A great power that Darkseid has claimed for himself. He focuses this power as a form of energy that he fires from his eyes. This effect is not only a relentless attack, but it is capable of teleporting the target to any location Darkseid chooses and recall them later or erase the target from the universe and similarly reform them.
Darkseid has pinpoint control over his Omega Beams, and his unerring aim allows it to travel in straight lines or bend, twist or curve around corners. The Effect can travel across time and pass through different universes, and can pass through nearly any known barrier.

He has claimed that no being had yet withstood the full force of the Omega Beam, but Doomsday and Superman nonetheless survived the attack.

• Matter Transmutation: Darkseid is able to simply transmute matter by force of will.

• Molecular Dispersion: He is also able to dissipate and disperse the molecules of an object or organism, effectively erasing them from existence.

• De-evolution: As a New God, Darkseid has the omnipotent ability to devolve organisms, or completely revert the evolutionary pattern of an organism.

Weapons & Possessions

Deception Works - Page 3 Parade10
Parademons Parademons are the personal shock troops of Darkseid of Apokolips. They are genetically created in Apokolips' laboratories and serve as his loyal army. Some Parademons are bred from human stock, culled from the lowly Hunger Dogs that reside in the Armagetto district of Apokolips. Ironically, the Parademons are primarily used to quell Hunger Dog uprisings. When Apokolips decides to mount an inter-planetary invasion (usually Earth), he sends in waves of Parademons as the advance force.
Deception Works - Page 3 Mother_Box_001
If Gods made I-Pods that were alive? Way beyond that.
Father Box Mother Boxes are 'living computers' typically found on New Genesis. The term 'living computer' should be understood as an approximation; they seem to be part living being, part highly developed machine. They look like small boxes, about the size of a house brick at largest.
Apokolips, the dark twin of New Genesis has been seen to possess the ability to create and use Father Boxes, which are presumed to possess the same abilities as Mother Boxes, but have been shown to influence their users toward serving Darkseid.

FatherBox abilities
  • Life Sense
  • Omniscience: Mother Box has control of all Detection Powers, and Mental Powers regarding insight.
  • Omni-knowledge: Mother Box has amazing access to know just about anything needed at the time.
  • Energy Transference: Mother Box can automatically transfer her energy to her user. In addition, through his affection for Mother Box, the user can transfer energy back to her. Only one such attempt is allowed per day.
    Source Conduit: Mother Boxes have been seen to access the energy of the Source for various effects such as:

• Gravity Manipulation: Change the gravitational constant of an area,
  • Energy Transfer: Transfer energy from one place to another,
  • Emotion Control: Control the mental state of a host
  • Telepathy: Communicate telepathically with a host or other life form,
  • Regenerate Others: Manipulate the life-force of a host to sustain it past fatal injuries,
  • Boom-Tubes: ability to open or close boom-tubes. Any character that possesses both a Mother Box can automatically create a Boom Tube capable of transporting him between dimensions and galaxies. Boom Tubes have the Warp power at Class 5000, Dimension Travel, and remain open approximately eight seconds.
  • Machine Animation/Control: Take over and control non-sentient machines, including the ability to evolve non-sentient machines.
  • Life Support: Sustain a life form in a hostile environment such as space, and many others.

FatherBox wrote:“Ting!”

It should be noted that Mother Boxes could only be manufactured by a being born either on New Genesis or Apokolips, and not even all could do it at least one on Apokolips failed, and that this was accomplished through much training.
Apokolips
Deception Works - Page 3 89208-10
Apokolips is an ecumenopolis(city which spans the entire world) with burning firepits, existing in between dimensions, occupying a 'frequency' somewhere between the physical universe and Hell; the war that destroyed the Old Gods and created New Genesis and Apokolips separated the Fourth World from the rest of the universe proper, leaving it accessible by Boom Tube.

The population is a downtrodden lot, including many kidnapped from other worlds before being 'broken.' The majority of the population is called "Lowlies", a bald and fearful race that has no sense of self worth or value. The Lowlies are subject to constant abuse that ends only with death. Slightly above them are the Parademons, who serve as the keepers of order on the planet. Higher above the Parademons are the Female Furies, who are Darkseid's personal guard. (Male Furies also exist, but are less common.) They are blessed with unnatural strength and longevity and are allowed to develop as individuals. This exposure to new concepts often results in them developing comical or garish personalities that contrast strongly with the immense sadism that is required to reach their position. The leaders of the Furies are Granny Goodness, who sports the appearance of a matronly old woman while being the most powerful of the guards, and Kanto, who enjoys a unique position as Darkseid's master assassin. The chief guard, Big Barda, had a third position under Granny, which has not been filled since her defection from the group.

Apokolips is second to New Genesis in technological advancement. With their technology, they are the height of power in most of the universe and are able to devastate galaxies when they choose to use it. Apokoliptian technology is furthermore the source of unparalleled misery in the universe as the planet routinely arms evil groups with advanced technology in order to further its influence (and misery) across the universe.

Apokolips is ruled by Darkseid as its theocratic god-despot, but he defers most of the actual day to day ruling to his counselor Desaad. Darkseid has no real contenders for the throne of Apokolips except the demon Mantis, although his sons Orion, Grayven, and Kalibak are also potential contenders. Darkseid is cursed by Grayven and Kalibak's stupidity and Orion's service of good. It is prophesied that Orion will overthrow Darkseid. In Kingdom Come it is revealed that Darkseid's overthrow will not result in major changes on Apokolips, as Apokolips' evil comes from itself rather than its master. This assertion, however, is debatable since it is not strict continuity, and it is often said that Darkseid powers Apokolips with his ambient forces, which is where the fire pits come from, so in theory the Death of Darkseid would mean the death of Apokolips.

Deception Works - Page 3 556px-Female_Furies_004
Female Furies
Granny Goodness wrote:You were bred to be the finest warriors on Apokolips. The elite guard who stand ready to serve the almighty Darkseid!
The Female Furies are an all female military unit lead by Granny Goodness which serves as both an elite strike force and honor guard for Darkseid, Lord of Apokolips. Raised in Granny Goodness' orphanage, the Furies were taught military tactics under Goodness and assassination under Kanto. Goodness instilled fanatical loyalty in the Furies, teaching them to be loyal to her first, but for their foremost loyalty to be for Darkseid, making them willing to "Die for Darkseid".

Deception Works - Page 3 Intergang_001
Intergang
Intergang was the criminal answer to Interpol, that is, a global network of interconnected criminal organizations each acting autonomously but sharing information and resources. A criminal known as Ugly Mannheim worked his way up through the ranks to form the organization with Apokoliptian help. Mannheim through contact with Desaad & Darkseid provided those who joined the organization with advanced technology.

More recently Bruno Mannheim has taken the head of Intergang, and has turned the organization into more of a cult than a business, up to the point of using the ‘Crime Bible’ as a religious text. The gang continues to use Apokoliptain Technology, and it is believed that the new founded Church of Crime indirectly and unknowingly worships & serves Darkseid.

Weaknesses

Radion: Darkseid and all of the New Gods are vulnerable to a substance called Radion. It source is unknown and its effects are toxic only in sustained amounts or after explosive exposure. The average New God can be slain by an application of Radion from a Radion blaster or bomb. More advanced beings such as Darkseid, protected by their power, armor and sheer toughness, have been known to take two hits and survive.
Obsessive Personality: His obsession with finding the Anti-Life Equation, obsession to get even with people who have gotten the better of him. Meta-humans or other beings of colossal strength are able to hold their own in a fight against him.
Willpower Concentration: Darkseid requires an immense amount of willpower to perform a majority of his powers and abilities, should his willpower be disrupted in anyway, he is unable to completely focus on his own abilities and powers.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next