DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Chat

+27
Corvus31
Dracula Marth
TheMoodieSwede
Ravenisawesome
Raevien
SnowFallsSlow
rockfan101
Azrael
RustleXer
hotspot
Rinisa
albedo2191
redeagle321
Vandal
Thecrazykid3649
TheDeceiverGod
EllaMila1
ebilcupcake
Music_Hero2779
archiesangel
Xenophobic Sponge
Fishing4Infinity
Luck
Naked Snake
Rain
Terra
Riaaanna
31 posters

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

Random Chat - Page 9 Empty Re: Random Chat

Post by Riaaanna 4/2/2010, 6:53 am

*gasp* PYROMANIAC! XP
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 4/2/2010, 11:57 am

Nothing wrong with a good ranting XD
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by hotspot 4/3/2010, 3:10 am

I can't stop listening to the intro and ending song to "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya."
hotspot
hotspot

http://s1.zetaboards.com/The_Dark_Horizon/

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 4/3/2010, 11:14 am

hotspot wrote:I can't stop listening to the intro and ending song to "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya."

That's only because you have no taste in anything for liking Haruhi. Think nothing of it. ^_^
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 4/3/2010, 11:41 am

XD!!!

Nice one Snake, scarring the new guy already I see
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 4/3/2010, 11:49 am

Fishing4Karma wrote:XD!!!

Merely a statement of fact. Haruhi blows. The reasons why are many and varied.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 4/3/2010, 1:25 pm

Ah I see. I have never seen the show so I have no opinion on it O_o.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by hotspot 4/3/2010, 7:26 pm

Oh don't worry, you learn to ignore rude comments like that.

PS. I don't like shooters and since you obviously like snake, I could say the same thing! But Think nothing of it. ^_^
hotspot
hotspot

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 4/3/2010, 11:47 pm

hotspot wrote:PS. I don't like shooters and since you obviously like snake...

If you play a Metal Gear game correctly, you shouldn't be shooting many people. Just saying. XP

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 4/3/2010, 11:53 pm

hotspot wrote:

PS. I don't like shooters and since you obviously like snake, I could say the same thing! But Think nothing of it. ^_^

That wasn't a rude comment! That was a statement of fact. Water is wet, belts sting when swung against one's skin with great force, and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is a directionless, boring-ass festival of self-indulgent animation and fanboy/girlism, taking a potentially-intriguing premise and completely dumping it after the first six episodes. No, that's okay, I didn't want more drama centered around several special-interest groups clandestinely vying for control over an obliviously-omnipotent deity; what I wanted to see was baseball and buying FRAKKING SPACE HEATERS WHY THE HELL DID THE DIRECTOR THINK THAT ANYBODY WOULD WANT TO WATCH AN EPISODE CENTERED AROUND BUYING A SPACE HEATER AND SEXUALLY-ASSAULTING A TEENAGE GIRL OH AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THAT ENDLESS EIGHT CRAP GOOD GOD YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT SELF-INDULGENT sh*t IN ANIME END OF EVANGELION DOESN'T BEGIN TO STACK UP TO--*pills*

*deep breath*

Sorry. I've got issues with that show.

If you play a Metal Gear game correctly, you shouldn't be shooting many people. Just saying. XP

This. Also, it is statistically proven that people who don't like Metal Gear Solid will never be happy in life. I could show you some pie charts that I've made?
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain 4/4/2010, 12:15 am

Naked Snake wrote:
hotspot wrote:

That wasn't a rude comment! That was a statement of fact. Water is wet, belts sting when swung against one's skin with great force, and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is a directionless, boring-ass festival of self-indulgent animation and fanboy/girlism, taking a potentially-intriguing premise and completely dumping it after the first six episodes. No, that's okay, I didn't want more drama centered around several special-interest groups clandestinely vying for control over an obliviously-omnipotent deity; what I wanted to see was baseball and buying FRAKKING SPACE HEATERS WHY THE HELL DID THE DIRECTOR THINK THAT ANYBODY WOULD WANT TO WATCH AN EPISODE CENTERED AROUND BUYING A SPACE HEATER AND SEXUALLY-ASSAULTING A TEENAGE GIRL OH AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THAT ENDLESS EIGHT CRAP GOOD GOD YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT SELF-INDULGENT sh*t IN ANIME END OF EVANGELION DOESN'T BEGIN TO STACK UP TO--*pills*

*deep breath*

Sorry. I've got issues with that show.

This. Also, it is statistically proven that people who don't like Metal Gear Solid will never be happy in life. I could show you some pie charts that I've made?

Jesus christ man. You should take a chill pill :p
Rain
Rain

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 4/4/2010, 12:30 am

Naked Snake wrote:*a break down*

You okay there champ?

Also, I'm interested in where I fall in those piecharts of yours. I like the crazy story line but don't enjoy that kind of gameplay.

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 4/4/2010, 12:48 am

Xenophobic Sponge wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:*a break down*

You okay there champ?

Also, I'm interested in where I fall in those piecharts of yours. I like the crazy story line but don't enjoy that kind of gameplay.

This is another instance of me comically exaggerating a reaction to make a--do I really need to explain this to you, after all this time?!

You know, the gameplay has actually shifted in recent years from pure stealth to action. It came into being in MGS3, but has its roots in 2, the game that introduced the tranq gun and first-person aiming. In the first game, the pistol came with a silencer, but you couldn't aim outside of the 2-D plane, so you had to burn through half a mag to bring down the jabroni that was in your way; it was far more economical to simply break their necks (risky) or to sneak by them (preferable).

Two changed that, first with the tranq gun (allowing you to fulfill your goal of killing as few as possible while eliminating possible threats at the same time) and with the first-person aiming, allowing you to go for hard points on the body for a quicker kill/sleep.

Three further built on that with a greatly-streamlined combat engine, and four went one step further--combat's so damn fun that it's actually preferable to stealth, when you can afford to fight it out instead of sneak. Not to say that stealth isn't a huge part of gameplay anymore; it totally is. Why, just today I opted to slither about in the game's final act rather than charge in guns-ablaze, because I was down to a handful of healing items and I still had Screaming Mantis to worry about.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 4/4/2010, 1:09 am

Yes I am aware you were exagerating for comic effect. I was just playing into the gag.

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by hotspot 4/5/2010, 5:24 pm

It's very sad, all because we have different interests. You get all antsy about things snake. I could easily defend haruhi and say things about metal gear solid, but I won't because that would be mean and I am certainly not mean. But whatever, play you silly little game about how haruhi is so lame and how I have no taste all because I like it. I don't go around saying that Final fantasy 7 sucks all because I don't like it.

It's nice outside, I should go and play and get off the computer Razz
hotspot
hotspot

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 4/5/2010, 5:38 pm

hotspot wrote:I could easily defend haruhi and say things about metal gear solid.

Why don't you? It's not mean to state an opinion on a show/game/book/movie/whatever form of entertainment. Go ahead!

P.S
FFVII doesn't suck so much as it's overrated, overexposed and poorly translated. Fun game to break though.

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain 4/5/2010, 5:40 pm

hotspot wrote:It's very sad, all because we have different interests. You get all antsy about things snake. I could easily defend haruhi and say things about metal gear solid, but I won't because that would be mean and I am certainly not mean. But whatever, play you silly little game about how haruhi is so lame and how I have no taste all because I like it. I don't go around saying that Final fantasy 7 sucks all because I don't like it.

It's nice outside, I should go and play and get off the computer Razz

Say, you should come onto the chatbox.
Besides, you'll get used to snake, he isn't as mean as you think he is, just abrupt and outspoken. It's almost like a cry for a conversation. XD
Rain
Rain

Back to top Go down

Post by hotspot 4/5/2010, 5:48 pm

I'm not sure how I would, I'm a bit new to the melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya actually. But I can try.
The episode 00 I did find actually kind of boring, but it does get better after about episode 2-3. I really wanted to watch episode after episode after that. It's also slightly different than most anime's with high school girls. Because it's more magical I suppose you could say.

It's not that I think ff7 sucks, I just didn't like it and yes it's totally overrated.

I don't think snake is mean at all, he just is more harsher.
hotspot
hotspot

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 4/5/2010, 6:40 pm

It's nice outside, I should go and play and get off the computer

Subtle.

I'm not sure how I would, I'm a bit new to the melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya actually. But I can try.
The episode 00 I did find actually kind of boring, but it does get better after about episode 2-3.

Honestly? The first six episodes are a very well-done, tightly-plotted story arc. If the anime had simply ended right there, I'd have no problem with it. That's not quite true; I'd probably still have problems with it (in fact I know that I would), but all in all I'd likely consider it a very good show.

The problem with it is that it kept going long after the meat of the story had been delved into; from there they just started making sh*t up. And from what I hear, the original manga/novels had plenty of good material that would have been well-served to have been adapted. When you consider that, the notion that almost all of the series after the first story arc is just pointless filler is maddening.

It's also slightly different than most anime's with high school girls. Because it's more magical I suppose you could say.

Perhaps you've heard of it?

It's not that I think ff7 sucks, I just didn't like it and yes it's totally overrated.

FFVII has the distinction of being one of the last, almost unblemishedly-good Final Fantasy games. The series had a horrible hiccup with VIII, went back to form in IX, dipped in X and settled into a nice, nigh-inescapable rut with XII.

VII also gets a bad rap for spawning a sub-par movie and a really crappy third-person shooter. At least Crisis Core turned out to be a good game.

I don't think snake is mean at all, he just is more harsher.

I like him. Grammatical qualms aside, he gets me. Smile
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by hotspot 4/5/2010, 6:52 pm

I didn't think about sailor moon.

Who's this she person?

I actually hated ff 7 & 8 but I loved 9, x-2 and 12.
hotspot
hotspot

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 4/5/2010, 6:58 pm

hotspot wrote:but I loved 9,

See, we can agree on things--and IX is a phenomenal game, better than VII even in my book. Yeah, I think we're going to get along just--

hotspot wrote:x-2 and 12.

--......................................................................................................................................................

Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 4/5/2010, 7:23 pm

X-2 is a FUN game.

It just has everything else about it that's terrible.

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 4/6/2010, 6:59 pm

Even as I deny his existence, and strive to replace him. God loves me.

Alright kids here's the skinny. Yesterday:Monday Bloodless and I went to see How To Train Your Dragon cause she loves animals especially when they breath fire and have a tendency to bite.

The movie is awesome, the characters are adorable, and all and all a fun time was had by all. So much so that Bloodless and I are still geeking out about all the awesome stuff, naming the nameless giant dragon, deciding which dragon species is our favorite, creating vikings in our own image, all the basic things you do when you've found a new something to fan out over.

So today, my first day of classes of my new quarter.

What's my first assignment for 3D for games?

Draw a concept for-and later render out a 3D model of. Are you ready for it? An original character for How To Train Your Dragon.

I've never had this instructor before, but I already think he's my favorite.

And keep in mind that in these program classes you normally have 4-5 projects tops, and when the first one is this? Oh this is going to be so much fun.

Also I'm going to make Bloodless so jealous if I mysteriously disappear and bloodstains are found in my likeness. Bloodless is innocent so just forget about it and go on with your lives Wink
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 4/6/2010, 7:04 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:Even as I deny his existence, and strive to replace him. God loves me.

Alright kids here's the skinny. Yesterday:Monday Bloodless and I went to see How To Train Your Dragon cause she loves animals especially when they breath fire and have a tendency to bite.

The movie is awesome, the characters are adorable, and all and all a fun time was had by all. So much so that Bloodless and I are still geeking out about all the awesome stuff, naming the nameless giant dragon, deciding which dragon species is our favorite, creating vikings in our own image, all the basic things you do when you've found a new something to fan out over.

So today, my first day of classes of my new quarter.

What's my first assignment for 3D for games?

Draw a concept for-and later render out a 3D model of. Are you ready for it? An original character for How To Train Your Dragon.

I've never had this instructor before, but I already think he's my favorite.

And keep in mind that in these program classes you normally have 4-5 projects tops, and when the first one is this? Oh this is going to be so much fun.

Also I'm going to make Bloodless so jealous if I mysteriously disappear and bloodstains are found in my likeness. Bloodless is innocent so just forget about it and go on with your lives Wink

Sounds like fun Decy! I'll be the one rooting Bloody on of course. I have yet to see the movie though I'm sorry to say.. If you wanna send me like $1000 so I can go see it (and maybe get a nice camera or photoshop while I'm at it) that would be great! I'm broke like glass and jobs are hard to get these days, no matter how hard you try x3x... It looks like a awesome movie though!
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 4/6/2010, 7:06 pm

Oh it is, I particularly like the names.
Hiccup
Astrid
Fishlegs
Snotlout

Just to name a few.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content