DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Situation Questions.

+2
Laughing_Man
TheDeceiverGod
6 posters

Go down

Situation Questions. Empty Situation Questions.

Post by TheDeceiverGod 4/9/2010, 7:53 pm

Long story short I was working on a story when I came to an in pass, I can't figure out how to have the character get around this one element with it seeming plausible.

Then it dawned on me that this could be an excellent exercise for all of us here. Fan Fiction Authors if you're unsure of how to get your hero over that next hurtle, Role Players if you're not 100% on whether or not a character should/could/would do something, post your questions here and let all of us come up with our own responses. If you don't get one that you just love from us, maybe something will inspire you to greatness.

Regardless it's always good to keep your mind working, keep things moving in your brain, keep wearing every little thing down to its basic detail.

I lost a whole night of sleep once trying to figure out how I'd inspire students to learn about science, ended up having the entire functions of the universe revealed to me through Fire.

Did you know that in zero gravity, matches don't work? At least not for very long.

Anyway, my hurtle is this.

An Assassin has infiltrated his target's palace and is running down the halls when he encounters a pair of guards, he can't kill them because if he did he'd alert his target, what does he do?
Eastern Palace
Equipment: smoke pellets, throwing knives, duel swords
Abilities: Advanced gymnastics, moderate strength, basic stealth.

Keep in mind that he can't do anything that would alert the guards, throwing smoke pellets would let them know someone is there who isn't supposed to be, as would letting them find a throwing knife, like if he threw it to clatter and make them look a certain direction. Can't even knock them out if another patrol comes by while they're out the whole place will go on high alert, and can't take the time to hide their bodies, not if he's to reach his target while he's still vulnerable.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Situation Questions. Empty Re: Situation Questions.

Post by Laughing_Man 4/10/2010, 8:43 am

So where are the two guards? Are they stood outside the targets door? Standing in a hallway? Facing away/towards the assassins direction?

As a general thing I would think of the old 'if all else fails, use fire', setting something on fire would probably make the target panic though.

If he can throw his voice or move slyly enough he could distract them with someone calling for help, shout from one direction then loop around them and away.

This one requires the guards be both facing away.
If he can run silently and jump silently he could roll a smoke pellet across the floor without setting it off, run with it, and as it passes between them, as they look down to see what it is he could jump over them. They'll instinctively look towards where it rolled from, so they'll be facing away from where he lands.

Of course that requires he be exellent at stealthy acrobatics.
Laughing_Man
Laughing_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 4/10/2010, 1:09 pm

Bloodless inspired me with the proper solution, hide among the rafters, but the thread's purpose still seems function-worthy.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus31 5/13/2010, 10:01 am

i dunno if this is off topic but if you get the boot from an rp will u be notified my pm or email?
Corvus31
Corvus31

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 5/13/2010, 10:16 am

Uh, corv, that's not what this thread is for...
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 5/13/2010, 5:21 pm

Perfect thread!
So let's say there's Teen Titans (the big team), and evil Teen Titans (also the big team) from a parallel Earth, plus BOE and the good counterpart of BOE, plus Slade and his good counterpart. They fight. How and in what way should I make the Teen Titans win? Like... What strategy do they use to make it work? Smile
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 5/13/2010, 6:27 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:Perfect thread!
So let's say there's Teen Titans (the big team), and evil Teen Titans (also the big team) from a parallel Earth, plus BOE and the good counterpart of BOE, plus Slade and his good counterpart. They fight. How and in what way should I make the Teen Titans win? Like... What strategy do they use to make it work? Smile

KIRR OR BE KIRRED
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 5/13/2010, 10:55 pm

As a general thing when heroes teams fight their evil counter parts the good guys win because they're willing to work together. For example the Good Slade & the Good Titans would be willing to put their differences aside for the greater good, while the evil Slade & the Evil Titans would get held up on "You're Slade why should we help you?!"
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down