DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Darkest of Knights

+2
Vandal
redeagle321
6 posters

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

The Darkest of Knights - Page 13 Empty Re: The Darkest of Knights

Post by Vandal 1/11/2011, 3:40 pm

"That's cause weren't looking for you Karmy." Barbara smiled deviously looking up with her eyes and not moving her head at all. She looked back down at the phone.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/11/2011, 4:08 pm

Karmy's smirk faded, but just for a moment. "Yeah.. Well.." she crossed her arms and propped up against the headboard. "Even if y'all had a tracker on me, there's no way you could find me. Only two people in the whole world know of the place where I hide and they're not on any governmental grid or anything. They were born off the grid and that's the way they'll stay. Not even the Insomnio's know about them. Nice old couple." she relaxed and looked over to Barbara. "I don't want y'all to ever go looking for them."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/11/2011, 4:11 pm

"You don't have to be on the grid for me not to know about you. Look Karm, why are you so intent on staying out of sight? Do you plan on doing something that will damage us? Are you some double agent or something?" Barbara interrogated putting down her phone face down on a table. "Because you know what side I'm on. You on the other hand, how do you expect us to trust you if you can't trust us?"
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/11/2011, 4:39 pm

"Double agent? What the hel- No I'm not." Karmy promised. "No no.. The reason I have to stay out of sight is not because of you guys. No, I trust y'all with every fiber of my being, it just took me a while to see that." she admitted, looking Barbara straight in the eye. "I mean come on, you've seen my profile and history. You know what he did to me, what he's capable of doing..." she gave a shy glance up towards the ceiling. "He's found me before and he'll do it again."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/11/2011, 4:44 pm

"Okay, imagine we had no tabs on you, imagine we don't know where you are. When do you think would be the perfect time for this Foster character to kidnap you?" Barbara asked. There was a long pause, either she was thinking it out or she knew the answer. "It's for your safety. Check the back of your neck. Alice put it there." Barbara mumbled turning to her phone to view the situation.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/11/2011, 5:01 pm

"He'd be on me like Winnie the Pooh to honey." Karmy sighed but then stiffened up when she heard Barbara's last comment. With quivering hands, she reached up and probed the back of her neck till she felt a new, unfamiliar scar right below her old one. "When... Did she do this? I don't remember.."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/11/2011, 5:07 pm

"Karmy, don't act surprised. If Foster gets you, we get Foster, and he gets death sentence at the least. Okay? Don't fret. We all have them. It ensures safety." Barbara calmly explained.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/11/2011, 5:28 pm

"I'm not surprised that you put one in me, I figured y'all would eventually, just would have been nice if I remembered when it was implanted.." Karmy said, still rubbing the back of her neck. "Dude, I stay with you guys because I know I'm safe and because you are my family, Riders and Ropers as well. Even though Cass, Cyssy and Z are like, blood family. Still, family. You guys. Yeah."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/11/2011, 5:37 pm

Barbara looked up from her phone. Was this girl flip flopping or what? This would definitely be documented in one of the many pages of Barbara's diaries for sure. "I don't know when she did it. Go ask he when she wakes up." Barbara told her looking back at her phone. "Really if you can't trust your family with where you are you shouldn't be here. You should be with those two people that not even your band knows where you are." Barbara muttered more to herself. She wondered how Alice could put up with Karmy, her indecisivenes, the way she talks is even offensive in a way. Maybe its just because she's not Alice, but she grew more and more impatient being alone with Karmy in it. Barbara at least had a right to be stressed with this at least, it's not like she was being unreasonable with Karmy, but if she liked her less for her own entitlement, she wouldnt lose sleep over it.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/11/2011, 6:06 pm

"I just said I trusted y'all!" Karmy was getting confused by Barbara's words. "All I'm trying to say is that I DO trust you, Dick, Nicole, Alice, and even Damian. I trust you guys more than I've ever trusted anyone in my life, even more than Beast boy. Look, you know what, fine. To prove to you that I trust you, because you seemed really pissed at me," she reached into her bag and pulled out a file. "Here. Mikael and Lauren. I don't know their last name because it's not my place to ask." inside the folder, there were pictures that Karmy had taken of the couple. "An underwater cavern near Cape Cod is where they reside. They found me after I managed to fight of some Agents and took me there." she said and pointed to a picture of the cave. "The only way to get there is through me, not to sound arrogant or anything, it's just I don't know the original entrance. Please don't be mad at me.."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/11/2011, 6:17 pm

"Karmy, I didn't want to say this to your face, but you're contradicting yourself like there's no tomorrow." Barbara told her. "You told me at the coffee shop that therebare three people you hate, number two being Damian." she sighed. "Y'know I'm not mad at you... You really are a piece of work though." Barbara added the cape cod bit to the database if it was a lie or not.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/11/2011, 7:30 pm

"I may hate him but that doesn't mean I trust him. It's not like I would kill him or anything, but whatever man. If you don't believe mr or something then oh well, I'll just have to live with that." Karmy said. "Trust me or not, that information is true." she pointed at the file before snatching it up. "Youre not the first person who didn't believe me."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/11/2011, 7:47 pm

"You never told anyone about those two people before. That's what you said, right?" Barbara asked. She was a little more than confused. Karmy bagan to creep her out.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/11/2011, 7:58 pm

"Yeah... Goddamit, getting confused." Karmy slid off the bed and walked into the wall. After she stumbled back, she started laughing. "I don't even know what I'm doing any more, hehe." she sat down in the middle of the floor and continued laughing.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/11/2011, 9:17 pm

"Which makes your account.. Less believable. But whatever. You were fighting a bunch of agents in a cave under Cape Cod." Barbara frankly said, shaking her head.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/11/2011, 9:39 pm

"No not in the cave, a few miles down the coast." Karmy snickered. "Had gone to the town to stock up on some fresh food when they caught me. Hit me with a taze dart right outside the market, slapped those special cuffs on me and tossed me in the back of a jeep. They musta been new to the game cause they forgot that anybody can break windows." she paused and burst out laughing. "Managed to scuffle away and make a break for it. One had given me a nasty haymaker so by the time I reached the beach, I was pretty out of it. Hid up in a tree till they were gone. Tried everything to get the cuffs off but anything in my bad was useless without my hands. Bashed the cuffs against a rock until I heard someone behind me then everyhing with dark." she was giggling now. "Next thing I know, Mikael is over me and I'm in the cave."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/11/2011, 9:44 pm

Barbara laughed at the mention of a haymaker. "Really? A haymaker? Did Alice teach you that one or what? And like, what? You told the story to those guys and they didnt believe you or something? I mean what's the deal?"

Last edited by Mercy on 1/11/2011, 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 1/11/2011, 10:05 pm

[I swore I'd never do this, but...... could someone throw me a bone? I'm so stuck out here in left feild it ain't funny- I genuineley can't BS a single thing DX]
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/11/2011, 10:10 pm

"Well, I learned what a haymaker was after she- hahah used one on me!" Karmy clutched he sides from laughing so much. "Wait, what diet? And back to the story. Of course I was scared at first so I asked how I got there. Well, Mikael had been out looking for wood when he saw one of the agents bash me over the head. Mikael did the same to the man and took me back to the cave. They didn't ask me why I was cuffed but I felt like I had to anyway. I don't know why they let me stay, but they did." she stopped laughing for a moment. "I thanked them every day that I stayed there..." after a moment, she continued laughing.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/11/2011, 11:13 pm

"Bizarre story you gave there Karmy. Why were you scared to tell anyone?" Barbara asked leaning back. It really did sound like he was coming up with this on the fly but she gave Karmy the benefit of the doubt.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/11/2011, 11:20 pm

"Why else? To protect them." Karmy started rolling around on the floor laughing. "The reason they moved tere was to escape the world, to be happy. They've got each other and that's all that matters to them. I don't want them found by anyone who was looking for me cause they would kill Laurren and Mikael."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/11/2011, 11:39 pm

"And do that means if they are found trying to look for you there's no way for them to signal for help. If they dot have any family looking for them them, or family at all I can't track them in the hour. Besides, there's no such thing as anyone being off the grid. Karmy, you really don't know what I was as the Oracle, do you?" Barbara smiled. Though Karmy was acting like a creep at this moment, and though she thought it was childish of her to challenge her, she still wouldn't let up. "Want me to prove it to you?"
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/11/2011, 11:47 pm

"Alright, but if you do, it proves that I wasn't lying." Karmy said pointing at Barbara. "And after, you gotta promise that you'll install signal blockers in their location. Or wait, why don't I just take you to them now!"
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/11/2011, 11:56 pm

"Laurren Cooper and Mikael Vasilli. Got em right now. They're families hate each other since a bet The Vasilli's lost and refused to pay. The two didn't have time to elope so they ran away. According to you they're located in a cave near Cape Cod. And I just got the coordinates. Look if you still want to go you can go, but I'm staying here for Alice in case she needs me." Barbara told her, finishing up her report and going back to Batman. "And... They must smell like crap anyway."
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/12/2011, 12:11 am

"Ha! I told you it was the truth, I would never lie." Karmy gave a squeaky hiccup like she was drunk. "And naw, I'll see them in a month. Like to stop by and see everyone who's helped me on Christmas. But yeah, anywayssssss, how's Alice doing?" she asked, sitting crosslegged on the floor.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next