DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hub City!

5 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Hub City! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hub City!

Post by Vandal 7/11/2012, 4:47 pm

Friday, September 1st
9:44-9:45 am
Downtown- Offices of Richard Occult, Private Investigator

Rhode raised an eyebrow and took a step back the second he said "Atlantian." He was sharp, drunk yes, but he was sharp. She crossed her arms and shook her head. 

"No, I'm fine thank you. It seems that all you have around here is booze anyway."

She rolled up her right sleeve to reveal a silver arm piece that had subtle glowing lines running down it.

"This is keeping me hydrated. Keeping me alive."

She didn't feel the need to explain any further about the science and how it connects to her suit underneath her clothing, absorbing the water content in the air and stimulating her with saline to mimic ocean water. He was probably to drunk to understand anyway. 

"So what gave me away? The smell of fresh ocean stepping into your office? Or these?"

Rhode began to flaunt her webbed fingers to Occult, though not many Atlantians had webbed fingers, but she assumed it would come off as fishy. 
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael 7/15/2012, 1:42 am

Friday September 1st
9:05-9:10AM Local time
Downtown- Mabel’s Car

The witch girls initial response to the car bolting forward was to tense up her entire body. Her legs pressed down as straight as they could get, her hands going out to grasp the edge of her seat on either side as she stared, full mouthed and wide eyed ahead of them.

Misji thought about panicking, but when Mabel started talking and no pain seemed to happen she relaxed significantly. Though she still held onto the edges of her seat just for safes sake.

Esiasch still consumed the cookies on the plate in his Mistress’s lap, not at all concerned that they had started moving. Too enthralled was he by the crunchy nuts in the delicious baked goods. He gave a squeak to his rigid witch girl, who peeled her gaze from the road ahead to look down and take the last non-bitten into cookie on the plate. The rest were his, of course.

Nervously, Misji looked to Mabel, chomping delicately on the cookie in her hand as she listened to the description of Digger’s Field. From what she was hearing, the park itself would look vastly different from the cityscape about them. Grass and trees rather than rock roads and metal buildings. That would be easy enough to spot.

“You have a Saint? Oh my, that is quite impressive isn’t it?”

The witch child had enough sense to swallow before she spoke this time, remembering her manners as she too leaned forward in her seat and gazed up. At first she had no idea what Mabel was talking about, but upon seeing the green signs and recognizing one of the words the elderly woman had asked about she grinned and chirped out a pleased reply.

“It says ‘Jackson’ I believe”
Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 7/16/2012, 8:23 pm

Friday September 1st
8:11-8:12 am Local Time
Downtown- Outside Cogen Residence

“Well I’ll just have to be sure you fill your belly; you’re a growing girl after all.” Saul closed and locked the door behind himself and his daughter; they may not have lived in splendor but that was no reason to invite the thieves and cockroaches in, literal or figuratively. “Plus if you get fat then there’s less chance you’ll end up working Paradise Lane.” He added; only half-jokingly, he doubted his Darcy would ever end up down that way; but it would be a lie if he said he didn’t worry about it. He worried about everything.

Friday September 1st
9:05-9:12am Local time
Downtown- Mabel’s Car

“Oh my yes; now I don’t know if he’s an anointed saint mind you, but that’s at least what everyone calls him, and if you want my opinion he’d have to be some kind of something to come here and do what he’s doing. Jackson you say? Alright that’s our street...” The old woman hunched up over her wheel and turned down the street in question. She was only doing maybe twenty miles an hour; but it was still faster than someone could walk.

“I mean he’s just a little darling; not only is he finally motivating people to clean up this rat’s nest of a city; uhm, no offence.” Mabel nodded her head toward the rather large rat in her guest’s lap; she didn’t mean to offend, and just judging from its behavior thus far it seemed like a perfectly well behaved rat; poor girl had probably spent her time training it in lue of friends. “I mean I’ve not known many rats in my life, well; I’ve seen plenty of rats but I haven’t really gotten to know many if you know what I mean, but those that I have met were much less behaved then your friend there; also rather dirty do you wash him? Is that Raccoon Road? We want to take Raccoon Road.”

Friday, September 1st

Eh, being hydrated is over rated.” Occult muttered lightly, searching his couch for his hat; before finding it tilted back over his head. He pushed it down enough to guard his eyes, raised his bourbon bottle to his lips before looking at it, sighing and standing up. He wobbled a little, and walked back into the rear-left corner of his office; setting his bourbon bottle atop his liquor cabinet, trading it for a bottle of tequila. “I don’t suppose tequila is more your speed?” He sipped the raw-liquor and winced before giving a second; much more heartfelt sigh.

How did he know she was an atlanian? Well now that was a complicated question with a complicated answer; “Magic.” Okay, maybe not that complicated an answer. He took another swig of tequila and collapsed down into his office chair. “Well, and the smell. And the way you stand; you’re obviously stronger than the average human. And the way you’re dressed; you’re not from Hub clearly or afraid of getting mugged here, add that to your overall muscle tone. You’ve got long strong legs for kicking, nice ones too by the way, as well as well-toned shoulders; probably back and thighs too. I wouldn’t mind a look if you’d be interested.” He smirked half-heartedly; his heart wasn’t even in him hitting on her. She was probably too young for him anyway, though who knew with fish women.

Another swig of tequila this time with less of a wince, though the liquor still burned going down, it was a good burn. “You clearly spend a great deal of time swimming; it tones the muscles without any defined prejudice toward any one muscle group. And to wrap it all up; anyone with magical horse sense can tell that you’ve clearly got a strong connection to the elemental plane of water; you connection to earth & fire are… tenuous comparatively.” A final swig of tequila and he stamped the bottle down on his desk giving a great gasp for breath as the liquor seared its way down his throat. “So; what’d you want? Some school of fish needs my assistance spawning or something? Cause I charge by the head ya’know.”

Friday September 1st
9:25- 9:40 AM Local Time
Paradise Lane- Streets

His foot twitched. Nervous impulse most likely; didn’t mean anything, well other than that he was nervous. He should be nervous; it wasn’t his first time doing it. It wasn’t even his second. He worried about the police. He shouldn’t have, even if they want to they’d never find him. It wasn’t like he had a credit card they could track. She had a credit card, well she used to, but he hardly expected them to be tracking her purchases.

His right arm twitched. He raised his left to rub across it. It was cold and exposed. He couldn’t feel his toes. He should really have been wearing shoes; but Brother discouraged it, said it would make him soft. Like he wasn’t soft already. He took a deep breath, and swept his hand back over his hair. People were staring at him again. He should really have changed his clothes before coming here, but he didn’t have a change of clothes either and it would’ve been a hassle to get some, at least some that were clean and not; man-prostitute-ie.

Brother Wound swept his hand back through his hair again, still rubbing at his arm. The police had left, they’d taken the body. It didn’t look like anyone was looking for him; yet.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 7/21/2012, 2:00 am

Friday, September 1st

He kept on muttering under his breath, saying things she couldn't hear. She hated it. This man, he had no shame. No sense of respect. Not like much land-walkers had much respect to begin with. He talked too much. She didn't like that either.

"I don't appreciate your flirtatious posture, I recommend you don't continue." Rhode said this through her teeth, her face twitching, as she controlled herself from punching the detective's desk. She knew she would break it in half. Part of her wanted to.

She didn't want to sit down, not on the couch, not anywhere. Rhode could only imagine what he did on those things. She noticed vomit stains on the rug, coming in. Her eyes scanned Occult's desk, beaming around, and focusing on him. She tried to come off taller, but was unsure how well she was doing. Intimidation wasn't really Rhode's area of expertise, unless she was driving the victim into a wall.

"I'm unsure of your social circle, but a friend told me that you may be able to tutor me in the magic you sense in me."

Rhode began unbuttoning her coat.

"I have an agenda, the sooner we can get started on this the better."

She folded her coat and placed it into her backpack, which she zipped open another compartment and took out what seemed to be an entanglement of dark metals. Rhode began toying with it on her right arm, it revealed to be some sort of armor.

"Name your wages, I trust my source that you won't disappoint."

She began taking off her shoes, her pants, she had boots in the bag. She revealed to be wearing fishnets. Something that Black Canary had possibly rubbed off on her.

Rhode stopped for a moment, was something wrong with Occult?

"What are you staring at?"
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 7/23/2012, 10:39 am

Friday, September 1st

“I was right.” Occult said before lifting his the bottle of his tequila to his lips and taking yet another sip. “You’ve got nice legs.” He swallowed the potent liquor and wiped his lips on his sleeve before setting his feet up on his desk, he had to shoe some dead-bottles out of the way with his heel to get his boots to fit. He watched with; admittedly improved interest as the young woman in his office stripped down. He’d seen those kind of detective movies too; but normally they were a little less realistic and made sure their actresses were over eighteen. He wasn’t sure how hold she was.

“Training huh?” He sighed, it was always something; and started fishing around in his coat pocket for something. “Alright. Lesson one.” He managed to locate the Mark of the Seven. “This.” He held it up beside his head. “Is magic.” Then he tossed it underhand over toward the Atlantian. He trusted she had the reflexes to catch the magical-baseball; but more importantly the Mark of the Seven would tell him more about her than he could ever guess; even if he was sober. The Seven mystics who; he assumed made it, no one ever actually told him sh*t, had made it so that evil or wicked creatures were actively repulsed by the orb, even if they were the ones holding it. It was a good litmus test for someone’s alignment.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 7/23/2012, 11:00 am

Friday, September 1st

Again with the legs. Is that what land-walkers were really into? It's not like she was embarrassed by her legs, or wanted to show off, but really? Legs? They found that attractive? Strange.

Rhode had caught the ball, examined it, unsure of what to make of it. She couldn't feel any magical properties in the ball, but then again, she wasn't very good with magic to begin with. She was confused, looked at Occult, looked at the orb, then back at Occult.

"It seems to be an ordinary ball to me. What's it do?"
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael 7/23/2012, 10:10 pm

September 1st Friday
9:12-9:16am Local Time
Hub City-Mabel’s Car

Misji listened to Mabel politely, licking at her finger tips and the corners of her mouth to try and dislodge the crumbs that had made a home there. She nodded her head, listening intently to the elderly woman as she rambled about her Saint and rats.

“I find that that rats, as a whole, are quite polite if one knows how the play in their court. Even rats who aren’t my Esiasch”

The witch girl ran her fingers through her familiars’ fur, tugging at the mud and matting that clumped it tightly down to his skin. He was uncomfortable, her grumbled as much as he too lapped at his fingers to get off the sticky flavor there.

“I am actually quite meticulous with him. It’s unfortunate that recently we crawled out of a hole! IT was mucky and quite dirty and I have no means of cleaning us up. Oh! Do forgive me for the mess in your….Carriage”

Misji smiled brightly, even as she bowed her head to Mabel and apologized for being so messy. The dirt from the train of her dress smearing into the seat under her; she could feel it start to seep into her knickers. It was uncomfortable but she tried not to let her state of discomfort broadcast to her face, which had a wide, ever present grin.

Looking over at the next sign, it said something that wasn’t Raccoon Road.

“No, it is no—But the next one is!”

Misji squinted and leaned forward in the seat, squishing Esiasch between her belly and thighs as she did so.
Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 7/25/2012, 1:44 am

September 1st Friday
9:12-9:16am Local Time
Hub City-Mabel’s Car

“Oh my so it is.” Mabel smiled driving past the mistaken road and taking the proper one instead. “And don’t you worry nothin’ about getting my car dirty sweetie, this ol’ clunker has seen worse than one muddy little girl and her what’d you say his name was? Effigy?” She cocked her head to the side to look at the girl and her rat. “Crawled out of a hole you say? Well why did you do that?” She was probably looking for food, or maybe she’d crawled in to get warm, the poor girl looked practically blue. “Well, we can hose him down at the park, I’m sure the fellas at the park have a hose. We can hose him down there.”

She smirked softly turning back to the street just in time to break before hitting the bumper of the car in front of her. There was a red light. “If you’d like I’m sure someone wouldn’t mind lettin’ you use you’re their shower.” Who knew how long it had been since the poor unwashed hypothermic abused friendless street urchin had had the chance to take a shower.

Friday, September 1st

Richard Occult took another sip of his tequila bottle, just a light one this time; he needed something to wet his lips before his impending speech. “That right there.” He pointed to the Mark with the same hand he held the tequila. “Is the magical equivalent of a seventy-thousand gigawat light bulb for anyone with the remotest of magical-horse sense. Anyone within; oh say, a thousand miles? Who can sense the remotest of magical energy would probably get the hand-tinglies from holding that thing. Ya’know; like when your hand falls asleep but you’re starting to get feeling back in the fingers so it kinda feels like there’s something chittering all through your veins?” He wiggled the fingers of his free hand just to demonstrate.

Then he took a deep and, what he felt was well-deserved swig of tequila, punctuating it with a hardy sigh after he swallowed the worm, and dropped the now-empty liquor bottle onto the floor remotely near his already overfilled trashcan. He leaned back in his chair and tucked his hands behind his head. “First lesson: sense the magic of the Mark.” Then he tipped his hat down over his eyes. “Lemme know when you feel something; and don’t lose that. It’s the only reason I can do anything.

TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 7/25/2012, 3:47 pm

Friday, September 1st
9:45-10:00am

Because her balance was so acute, she never had the problem of sleeping on her arm; that and before she surfaced, she was usually sleeping in a bubble of water. "I'm unfamiliar with the sensation." Rhode said intently looking at the baseball, she held it for a while, yet nothing was happening. How was she to sense a feeling she had never felt before?

Rhode had begun to get tired of standing, she plopped onto the couch, this isn't what she had expected, but since he was ignoring her magic all her life she wasn't surprised. Rhode tried squeezing the ball, as if it would release the magic and it would send shockwave into her hands. She looked up at the detective, "I'm not sure if this thing is-"

A small tremor, she felt her a current run down her fingertips. It began to spread all throughout her hand. The feeling was foreign to her, she wasn't sure if she liked it or not.

"I can feel it."
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 7/26/2012, 2:37 am

Friday, September 1st
8:12-8:15 am Local Time
Downtown- Outside Cogen Residence

Saul chuckled at his daughter's huff, just a little. It was the right of all good fathers to tease their kids a little, in fact Saul thought of it as more than that. He figured it was his job to keep Darcy grounded, to let her know that there was worse things out there. "I know, I know. I'm sorry Dar." He leaned over and pecked his girl on the check, double checking the front door's lock by pulling on it a little before turning to walk down the street. "So you wanted the place down the street? Were you thinking of the deli, or the market?"

Friday, September 1st
9:45-10:00am

"Good." Occult sat up behind his desk, he'd been napping lightly, his hat pushed down over his face his feet up on his desk and his chair back on two legs. "Because I have another job for you." He leaned forward, dropping his chair back down to four feet and then hopping up to his own feet. He wobbled a little, and caught himself on his desk, before going over to his mini-bar, or more specifically the wall-safe he kept behind a strip of wall paper above his mini-bar. He peeled the thick paper back and then punched in a numeric code. The door popped open revealing a large leather bound book, several wads of cash, a bottle of bourbon older than Hitler, and a woman's necklace. Occult took one of the wads of cash and started counting out money. It was mostly small bills.

"Five-six-eleven..." He counted out a significant wad of cash amounting five hundred dollars. "Here, take this down to the Water & Power people, tell them you're from the Offices of Richard Occult Private Investigator and you would like the water turned back on."
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael 7/26/2012, 7:57 pm

September 1st Friday
9:16-9:19AM Local Time
Hub City- Mabel’s Car

“Esiasch Ma’am! Eye-Zay -Ah.”

The rat seemed to nod at the old woman firmly, as if to supplement Misji’s correction with his assent that she was in fact correct. The witch girl was still all smiles as she tugged him up off the plate in her lap, letting him dangle from her arms by his chest and under arms; his round belly extended from all the baked goods he’d crammed into his muzzle.

Misji took notice and bopped the top of his head with her chin, it was rather rude to stuff ones face before a lady.

“Why—To get out from underground of course! Honestly, had I known the tunnel would lead to such a tiny hole in the ground I might not have followed it. Unfortunately, I did and it turns out that was the only way out.”

The blue skinned teen laughed at that, finding it amusing and odd that such a question would be asked. After all, it was such an obvious thing to her as to why she did it. Maybe Mabel had never crawled in or out of holes before in her life. But with so many years behind her, Misji simply didn’t believe that Mabel had missed out on the glories of digging and crawling about in tunnels.

Esiasch snapped a glare at Mabel at the mention of being hosed down. He would bet on Neron’s hairy ass that Mabel nor anyone else would ‘hose’ him down. He hated baths, but when he did take them they were in comfort and by the loving hands of his Witch child. Who looked equally unsure about someone hosing him down.

” You tell her; if someone hoses me down I’ll eat them feet first”

“Oh, shush”

Misji gave her familiar a little squeeze to keep his aggressive thoughts to a minimum in regards to their new friend. She grinned apologetically at Mabel before going tense again as she screeched to a halt. The witch girl gave a pant as her heart pounded in her chest. She was fairly convinced they had just nearly died.

“Ah---Ah…I admit, Esiasch and I both r-require a good bath, and perhaps a water basin for me to clean my clothes. If one of your friends could provide us with that I would be forever g-grateful”
Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 7/26/2012, 8:24 pm

Friday, September 1st
10:00-10:04am

Rhode was furious, who did this man think she was? The fire in her eyes burned through Occult, she sneered at him, is this how he treated everyone? She felt like taking his money and bolting out the door. She thought they would get straight to training, this was much to her disappointment, Rhode decided to suck it up since he would be training her… eventually. She ripped the metallic arm piece off, opened her back pack back up, put her coat back on, her pants, her shoes, tore the money out of Occult's hands and stormed out before she gave him a lecture that was sure to change his mind about helping her. 

The cold that hit her face felt good. It was cooling her emotions down, she was more mad at Oracle than she was with Occult. She must have known who he was, she had to. She was Oracle, she knows everyone. 
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 7/26/2012, 11:28 pm

Friday, September 1st
8:15-8:17 am Local Time
Downtown- Streets

“Heheh.” Saul chuckled. “Sorry, sorry, but you know this city. You can never be too careful.” He smirked, giving the front door one last solid pull before stepping off the stoop, and pocketing his hands as he looked back to his daughter, insuring she would catch up before he started down the road toward the delicatessen on the road corner.

September 1st Friday
9:16-9:19AM Local Time
Hub City- Mabel’s Car

“Oh, well I think there’s a lake at the park.” Mabel seemed less than shaken by the sudden stop; it had been a few, forty-something years, since she’d taken a driver’s education. “Though I wouldn’t want to wash my socks in it to be perfectly honest with you.” She gave a single sharp old-woman laugh, and then the light changed and she stepped on the gas, her car lurched back into motion. It wasn’t a new car either.

“If you’d like though I’m pretty certain Mrs. Jones lives somewhere around the park with her husband. They’re kinda… peace & love, if you know what I mean, but decent enough folk. Mary and I are talking about doing a bake-sale to raise money for the Church.” The old woman smiled. “I used to run a bakery you know. Oh in my day I’ve baked all kinds of things. I made those cookies you know.” She nodded down to the plate that she was surprised to find no longer possessed any cookies. “Oh my! You were a hungry little thing weren’t you? Well I’m glad you liked my cookies, but if you’re really that hungry we ought to get you something a bit more nutritious don’t you think?” She turned back to look out at the street, scanning around for some place to get the starving little abused orphaned burrowing muddy hypothermic friendless beggar child a sandwich or something.

And then she saw the park. “Ah there it is! Digger’s Field. Named for the folks what dug the first coal mines around here back when the city first started up, dreadful place, absolutely dreadful; it’s nothing but crack heads and urban youth these days, but don’t you worry about that dearie, Mr. Sebastian and his mother have really gotten the neighborhood riled up, we’re going to clean up that darn park.” She slapped her steering wheel as if that would somehow turn the brown trees green.

Friday, September 1st
10:00-10:04am

Occult smirked a bit, dropping himself back down onto his couch as he tucked his arms up beneath his head. He pushed his hat up over his face a self-satisfied grin on his face as he reached a hand down to search the floor for his bag of bourbon. He had to sit up; it was on the floor by his feet. The old detective gave an exasperated sigh and rolled over onto his stomach, plucking up a bourbon bottle, rolling over back onto his back, retrieving his hat from beneath him and dropping it back onto his face as he popped open his latest bottle of liquor. “Hope you’re good at divination.” He muttered into his bottle. He’d never told the Atlantian where Hub City Water & Power was.

Granted she could probably just look at a map, if she had one, but he had never used a map in his life. Maybe he should’ve specified that she wasn’t to do that. “Ah, she’ll figure it out. Either way my bills get paid.” He knocked back his bottle.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 7/26/2012, 11:55 pm

Friday, September 1st
10:03-10:04
Downtown- Streets

Rhode whipped out her phone, what did he call it again? Water supply? Power..? Something? Whatever it was, she knew Oracle knew, she could also give her an earful while she was at it. She leaned her back against the brick walls outside of Occult's office as she waited for her informant to pick up. Rhode wanted to get a communicator like the other Birds had so she won't have to wait for the damn phone, but then again, she didn't fancy the thought of Oracle listening to all of her conversations, though Rhode wasn't sure if she already was. And laughing to herself while she was at it.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 7/28/2012, 3:02 am

Friday, September 1st
11:04-11:05 Local Time
Gotham City-Oracle's Nest

The phone rang. That wasn't new, someone was always trying to contact her at one point or another. She was making herself lunch, well okay she wasn't really making it. It was a frozen pizza she had popped in the oven, it was going to be done in a couple of minutes. So she guessed she had time for a quick phone call. Oracle hit the button atop her ear piece, rotating the dial a few clicks until she got to the line Rhode had dialed. "Oracle here, ask about our Arkham Vacation special, how can I help you?" She amused herself sometime. You had to enjoy the little things in life.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael 7/28/2012, 1:25 pm

September 1st Friday

9:19-9:25am Local Time

Hub City- Mabel’s car

Misji was pressed back in her seat again, clutching Esiasch tightly as her eyes snapped to the front of the car. Her jaw clenched as she tried not to squeal, she didn’t much care for the jerky, pushy movements of the car, or the feeling of moving forward without there being any motion of feet under her.

It was disconcerting and she was fairly certain she would never get used to it.

The Familiar found it all rather hilarious in comparison. Misjis’ discomfort; while unacceptable; had always been a bit of a guilty pleasure for him. Especially when it came from situations she put herself in that he would have avoided like the plague.

He wriggled his way out from her arms, leaving Misji to clutch at the car door handle and the cushion of the passengers as she dutifully tried to pay attention to Mabel speaking and not the road ahead of them

He couldn’t help but laugh a little.

Misji gulped as she managed to turn her head to look over at the elderly woman. Offering up a small smile as penance for her lack of faith in the woman’s driving.

“I—I would be grateful for any help Ma’am. We have not a coin to our name, nor food or shelter. But surely, it would be putting you out to accept so much help and offer up nothing in return. “

The witch girl was as polite as she could get, feeling strangely uncomfortable and rude simply taking from Mabel without offering up something in return. Surely a bath and shelter were worth more than Misji merely helping the old woman find some specific location.

She’d just have to think hard on what she could do to pay Mabel back. After all, the old woman seemed rather exuberant about restoring Digger’s Field. There was merit in hard labor, and Misji was no stranger to it though secretly she despised it.

Hard work symbolized something much more malicious to a witch child.

Esiasch crawled up on the dashboard as Misji leaned forward to look out the window at Digger’s Field. Misji tried really hard to be impressed.
Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 7/28/2012, 5:07 pm

Friday, September 1st
10:04-10:05
Downtown- Streets

Rhode had been knocking the back of her head against the brick wall, it was somewhat therapeutic. As if it was releasing her anger. 

"Oracle, Rhode. I need to know where the water and power plant is in Hub. This Occult guy wants me to pay his bills before we start. Mind telling me what the deal is sending me to a drunk for training?"

She didn't realize how much she was holding her anger in her voice, until she withdrew her fist from the hole she made in the wall. Rhode looked around, a tad embarrassed, and walked away from the damaged wall, inconspicuously.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 7/31/2012, 1:49 am

Friday, September 1st
8:17-8:19 am Local Time
Downtown- Streets

“Oh, got some hot date I should know about?” Saul grinned. “What’s his name… address, social security number and known associates.” He laughed, nudging his elbow into his daughter’s ribs. “Or are you just getting too hip to hang out with the old man?” He chuckled softly. He liked spending time with his daughter well enough, it made him feel like maybe he wasn’t such a horrible person after all. Still he did need to get work at some point, and he didn’t really want to expose his daughter to that kind of violence… even if he was the one doing it. “Well whatever your plans for today, have breakfast with me and then I’ll let cha get to ‘em hmm?”

September 1st Friday
9:19-9:25am Local Time
Stern’s End- Digger’s Field Park-North End

Mabel smirked softly as she pulled her car into Digger’s Field parking lot. There weren’t too many others, but there was a rather well loaded, if slightly rusted, pickup truck sitting backed into the parking spot. The other members of the Church could be seen not far from the parking lot. It was clear they had already done quite a bit of work, beside the sidewalk along the edge of the blacktop were over a dozen freshly planted flowers, nothing fancy, just some yellow daffodils mixed in with some light daisies and inter-sprinkled poppies and chrysanthemums for color. They all stood out quite nicely against the dark freshly-tilled soil.

Jeffry, Theo, Jean and Mr. McKnight could all be seen attempting to uproot a rather stubborn, if dead, thorn bush. Jeffry and Theo both had pickaxes hooked into the bulk of the roots, pulling it up with a rather serious clump of earth, while Jean and Mr. McKnight labored to dig out the compacted soil from beneath it. Jeffry wasn’t wearing a shirt.

It looked like they had already dug up at least a half-dozen such bushes, laying the dead things out beside their holes while working in behind them Alex, Jenifer, Liz, Steve and Mary planted some new healthy lavender bushes, each at least a foot tall and at least as wide. Steve and Alex held the sizable, if stringy, plants up while Mary helped direct Liz and Jenifer in proper planting procedure, the three held trowels in one hand while Mary had a hose in hand, it ran back to a drinking fountain the group had commandeered to assist in their gardening. There were several sacks of soil laid out beside them, and the two or three bushes they had already planted looked quite happy sitting in the wet black earth.

“Ah, looks like the gang’s all here.” Mabel said happily, her car lurching to a stop as the front wheels tapped against the sidewalk, her parking break creaking angrily as she engaged it. “And it looks like they’ve done a good bit of work already. I knew I should’ve left early…” She huffed a bit, before leaning into her door and swinging the metal thing open with enough force, had anyone been standing behind it, they probably would’ve broken their nose. “Ah well, I bet they’ll be hunger.” She smirked to the starving little friendless orphaned abused burrowing hypothermic beggar child. “Let’s get them some cookies, hmm?” The old woman grinned, hopping out of her car before waddling around to the backseats, pulling on the door before leaning into pick out a couple trays of cookies.

Friday, September 1st
11:04-11:05 Local Time

Barbara smirked, it was okay, Rhode couldn’t see her. “For your information Richard Occult is one of the most respect mystics in the world. Or at least he was back when he was active. He worked with Zatanna’s father, the previous Doctor Fate, the latest Doctor Fate, etcetera etcetera.” She waved a hand about despite the fact that Rhode couldn’t see her. “You get the point. Look you wanted an earth-bound mystic instructor; Occult’s one of the best, who isn’t busy with League business.” Of course he wasn’t busy with League business because the League didn’t want to deal with him, but that was beside the point and Rhode really didn’t need to know that.

“You need what? The Water & Power plant? Why, what’s Occult go you doing elemental manipulation training?”

TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 7/31/2012, 2:36 am

Friday, September 1st
10:05-10:06
Downtown- Streets

On one hand, Occult was able to get her to feel magic for the very first time, but on the other, he was a perverse alcoholic who was relentlessly cracking innuendos as if he had a shot to get inside her pants. She couldn't see the drunk working along side Dr. Fate, or any other leaguers, Rhode pictured him kicking down a door with his pants half down, blurting some random garble at felons, with a bottle of whiskey in one hand and a colt in the other, as leaguers behind him cleaned up what mess he made. It was in those thoughts that Rhode remembered what she had pictured Occult to look like before she met him. 

"If this guy is as prestigious as you say he is, his results had better outway his prices."

Her strides were far apart, they were meant to keep her moving at a faster pace, partly to head over to whatever direction she needed to go, partly because she didn't have any idea where she would end up. 

"And no, not training, I wish it was training; this Occult.. This guy.. He wants me to take this wad of cash he gave me to the Water and Supply people to pay his bills for his office. Can't you just work the grid and hack into their computers so I can get onto my real training?"

She would admit it if you asked her, Rhode isn't good with following orders, she felt like her demeanor wasn't strong enough, and that she was being looked down upon. She hated that feeling. 

And she couldn't shake it. 
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 8/1/2012, 12:31 am

Friday, September 1st
11:05-11:06 Local Time

"Well, if you'd prefer; I could always put you in contact with Detective Chimp and the Shadowpack." Or was it the Shadowpact? She was never sure which it was. Either way she was quiet sure that their leader was known as Detective Chimp, she’d heard Batman mention him as one of the only detectives he respected, well maybe no in so many words, Bruce was never much one for praising someone, but his meaning got through well enough after you adjusted to him. “Hang on.”

Barbara had a few minute left on her pizza, so she had time to wheel herself back to her computer. “Hub City Water & Power was it?” She brought up her map. “Looks like most of Hub’s utilities are routed out of the old coal power plant, big thing, smoke stacks, probably stinks like soot for miles, can’t miss it.”
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 8/1/2012, 1:33 am

Friday, September 1st
10:05-10:06 Local Time
Downtown- Hub City Streets

"He's a slob, but since I'm here I might as well just deal with it. It's not that I hate him, but if he was on fire and I had water I would drink it."

He really did frustrate her, and Rhode had to hold back her anger when she was around him, it was like a splinter that she couldn't pick out.

"Old coal plan with smoke stacks?"

She felt a particular dryness coming from the east and as she was walking downtown she did smell the distinctness of coal and soot. Rhode wasn't feeling too good about this. Wondering how long she will last there, she rolled her right sleeve up to check her levels. She probably had to pick up some water just in case, looking around, Rhode had forgotten to take her backpack. Dammit, her wallet was in there. Wait.. she had the water and electricity money from Occult. He could spare her a few bucks.

"So, head eastward and I'll just run into it?"
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 8/2/2012, 1:46 am

Friday, September 1st
11:05-11:06 Local Time
Gotham City- Oracle's Nest

“He can’t be that bad. He’s just an old soldier, like really old, some of the records I’ve found of him date back to the forties.” Old newspaper clippings had him as a member of something called ‘The All-Star Squadron’ back during the war. She assumed he’d used magic to stay young this long, mages could do that right? Barbara shrugged in her chair. Magic was; difficult to understand.

“You may need to head a little south, but it’s pretty much the biggest thing on the east side.” At least it looked that way on Oracle’s computer. “Big old building, large brick smoke stacks says here it was built, woah, long time ago. Still it shouldn’t be too hard to spot, those smoke stacks have to be at least ten stories tall.”
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 8/2/2012, 11:37 pm

Friday, September 1st
10:06-10:07
Downtown- Streets

Rhode scoffed, shaking her head. "Or, maybe he just lost his touch." Her walk became more brisk, she felt like Oracle was trying to soften her own deliberate blow, like she didn't know how he was now, despite how his record was in the past. 

"Anyway, thanks for the help, Oracle. Keep in touch."

Rhode had retracted her hands in her pockets after she, walking down the streets, she observed the sun bleeding light through ominous clouds. She wasn't exactly sure of it was filth or rain. 

Stopping in front of a delicatessen, it had the strangest name, Rhode wasn't sure what to make of it. She stared at the sign for a little while, wondering if it was just some extremely odd land-walker lingo, before deciding to walk in "Ham for your thoughts?" 

It sounded trippy, but it seemed busy enough to be a good place to eat and possibly purchase some refill in case she wouldn't be able to breathe in the soot and ashes. 

She looked around her.

"Hello."
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael 8/3/2012, 2:27 am

September 1st Friday
9:25-9:27AM
Stern’s End-Digger’s Field Park- North End

Misji had a feeling before they even arrived that when Mabel meant ‘Church’ she meant quite a few people. But the witch girl hadn’t expected these kinds of people. Young people.

She wasn’t distressed, far from it actually; she was excited and bopping about in her seat trying to get a view of the folks working out in the parks field, tilling and digging and rooting up problem plants. It was surreal for her, to see someone do such a thing and look so…Well sentient and lively.

The girl chewed at her bottom lip, staring through the glass windshield before turning around to watch Mabel walk about the car and open the back door. Misji turned around in the seat till she was facing Mabel, looking slightly frustrated as her nose scrunched up.

Esiasch looked between the open door and his mistress, before shrugging and crawling over the various lumps and obstacles that made up the cars’ interior to roll his fat rump out of the opened car door, passing by Mabel with a distinct 'huff' as he did so. The rat shook off his heavy body once he was out, giving a stretch and a yawn before waddling to the front of Mabel’s car and crawling up the bumper to sit on the hood. All for the sake of observing the various church folk.

He didn’t like the half-naked one already; he’d have to make sure no hormonal things happened.

Not that he didn’t trust Misji; it was just—

Well the boy had muscles, and girls were so easily bamboozled into surrendering their virtue by a few, well timed flexes of their biceps.

Misji, however, seemed even more vexed now that she was alone sitting in the car; she turned to the door pushed at it like she had when she figured out how to close it. Nothing happened.

She was doomed.

“Ms….Ms Mabel…I’m stuck”
Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 8/4/2012, 12:44 am

Friday, September 1st
8:17-8:19 am Local Time
Downtown- Streets

“Hey I’ve still got more than enough in me to knock the teeth out of any of these young punks.” Saul said proudly. “These thugs today have no respect for how it ought to be done. Back when I was their age we didn’t pick on girls, we had some dignity, some class. These days anyone with a wallet is fair game.” He obviously disapproved, and even just the thought of something trying to victimize his daughter had him shoving his fists in his pockets.

Friday September 1st
9:25- 9:40 AM Local Time
Paradise Lane- Streets

Brother Wound looked up, still rubbing at his right arm absentmindedly, nervously. He blinked. It was a girl. She was talking to him. He stared back for a second. What was he supposed to do in this situation? What did he want to do in this situation? He wanted to say something, to talk to her. “Uhm… oh, sorry.” That was lame, he wanted to say something better. Something suave, something daring and compelling, something that would make her want to talk to him. He wanted her to want to talk to him. “Hey uhm…” He rubbed at the back of his head. “Do you… Ya’know it’s cool if not… but would you like to get something to eat? With me…

He shifted his feet; wait a second there was someone else with her. It was a boy. Her boyfriend? He didn’t want her to have a boyfriend. “He can come to, I guess…” He didn’t want to hurt anyone, at the moment.

September 1st Friday
9:25-9:27AM
Stern’s End-Digger’s Field Park- North End

“Oh Hehe…” Mabel chuckled softly as she lifted a tray of cookies from the backseat. “Just lift the handle and give it a good push dearie, it can get stuck though so you may want to lean into it.” He car was old and the doors were in sore need of some attention, not that there were any mechanics in Hub who you trusted not to steal your hubcaps.

The old woman smiled and began her slight shuffling toward the groups tending to the plants of the dying park, offering Esiasch a light pat on the head as she passed the hood of her car, even pulling off the plastic wrap atop her tray of cookies, and offering the rat one, before heading out to the park in earnest.

Steve was the first to notice the shuffling old woman approaching. The pony-tail bearing man smiled and waved a hand over his head. “Hey Mrs. Smith, nice to see ya. We weren’t sure if you were coming.” He walked over to the shuffling old woman and beamed. “You bring us some of your famous baked goods?”

“Oh my yes.” Mabel smiled back to the filthy hippy. “I brought a couple of trays of cookies, and an extra pair of hands.” She nodded back to her car. “Well hurry up dearie, no sense in waiting around all day.”

Alex, Jen, Liz and Mary all sort of slowly stopped what they were doing to gather around Mabel and her cookie tray. Mary was kind enough to take the heavy platter from the older woman. The other girls Jen looked like she wasn’t sure if she should take the platter from Mary, but as Liz and Alex just took a cookie each she simply decided to go with the flow. Steve continued to beam, before looking back over his shoulder and giving a rather sharp whistle. “Hey dudes, Mrs. Smith brought cookies!” He called back to the others.

Friday September 1st
9:54am-10:06 Local Time
Downtown— Ham For Your Thoughts?

Marley Salazar finished off his sandwich in short order. It wasn’t bad, maybe a little bland, next time he’d ask for sweet onions or spicy sauce or something, but it was a good breakfast sandwich and it left him feeling full. The trio lingered for a moment, waiting for Tony Dechinko to finish his completely unpaid for meal. The mountain of a mobster snatched up a handful of napkins to dap at the corners of his mouth before taking the last few bites of his own meal and wiping his face off. “Ah, that hit the spot. Now let’s go grab that cake for dessert.” The large man licked his lips and smirked.

Marley rolled his eyes. “Sure, you said the cake place was up the street?” He sat up from his seat beside the door, and in doing so his girls each stood up from their own places. Karen had taken the seat across from him, while Alicia had returned to lingering by the door. The little scuffle with Dechinko had been brought to a swift resolution by the arrival of Tony’s order. It seem that the King Crab cared more about filling his belly than fighting someone half his size & age, particularly if they were technically on the same side and she happened to have a taser pointed at his crotch. No one really blamed him.

Tony reached a hand down between his legs and adjusted something in his pants before pulling his coat up around him. “Yeah it is right down the street like; I don’t know, maybe a block.” He gave a slight shrug and the four of them began their rounds. Tony lead the trio chest puffed up and head held high, Marley close behind him hands tucked in his coat pockets, Karen followed a few steps behind the young Salazar, busily messing with her PDA, while Alicia held the door open and brought up the rear.

The four of them nearly walked right into some chick trying to get into the deli. “Hey, watch where you’re walkin’.” Tony grunted brusquely, deliberately knocking his shoulders into the side of the woman as he walked past. He had to have at least a foot on her, and probably weight twice as much as the lithe redhead.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next