DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disney/Marvel?

+6
Naked Snake
TheDeceiverGod
Vandal
~Angel~
Riaaanna
thewizardofodd12
10 posters

Go down

Disney/Marvel? Empty Disney/Marvel?

Post by thewizardofodd12 9/3/2009, 8:00 am

Wtf???? Should i be worried about this?? I happen to like marvel comics and the marvel themed rides they have at universal studios! Will Disney screw it all up? Will they have Disney themed comics?
thewizardofodd12
thewizardofodd12

Back to top Go down

Disney/Marvel? Empty Re: Disney/Marvel?

Post by Riaaanna 9/3/2009, 8:19 am

thewizardofodd12 wrote:Wtf???? Should i be worried about this?? I happen to like marvel comics and the marvel themed rides they have at universal studios! Will Disney screw it all up? Will they have Disney themed comics?
lol, this is already posted in the random news section...
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by thewizardofodd12 9/3/2009, 2:19 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:
thewizardofodd12 wrote:Wtf???? Should i be worried about this?? I happen to like marvel comics and the marvel themed rides they have at universal studios! Will Disney screw it all up? Will they have Disney themed comics?

IDC. I wish to know! lol
thewizardofodd12
thewizardofodd12

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Angel~ 9/4/2009, 3:27 pm

thewizardofodd12 wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:

IDC. I wish to know! lol

Disney with marvel what has the world come to.
~Angel~
~Angel~

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/6/2009, 1:00 pm

Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thewizardofodd12 9/6/2009, 1:46 pm

Mercy wrote:Anyone know about Indy Mogul?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87DoBW6WmMA&feature=sub

yeah, the guy who makes the costumes and effects.
thewizardofodd12
thewizardofodd12

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/6/2009, 1:49 pm

yeahh thats a link to watch their behind the trailers..
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/6/2009, 1:54 pm

lol randomness
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by thewizardofodd12 9/6/2009, 2:03 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:lol randomness

Its not random, child its serious!
thewizardofodd12
thewizardofodd12

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Angel~ 9/6/2009, 5:18 pm

thewizardofodd12 wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:lol randomness

Its not random, child its serious!

People can be random thiers nothing wrong about it.
~Angel~
~Angel~

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 9/7/2009, 3:52 am

The way I see this it has two possible courses, the first, Disney does nothing, which is probably going to be what they will do, Disney is a company which is suffering great set backs, they've drained virtually every one of their current franchises to the bone and without someone like Walt to lead them back into the promised land they're in a very dark place. Marvel on the other hand is pretty much running itself these days, it's comics are still popular and to hear some speak, getting more popular, Disney, if they're smart, will leave Marvel as they are, let the comic company raise it's flag and sail it's own ship, and then just sit back and rake in the profits. Sure their might be some new Wolverine mascots added to certain theme parks, but if you really think about it, there's been two version of Marvel for a long time. The version from the television series and other such mock ups, where Spiderman doesn't bleed, Wolverine doesn't smoke, and no body ever dies, and the version from the comics, which I tend to much prefer, people bleed, bad guys kill, and all the many dark things which exist in our world are dually represented in their's.

Now it's the other rout we have to concern ourselves with, in this rout Disney takes the helm, you end with Goofy/Punisher crossover movie/video games and the hot place down stairs freezes over a little more. Wolverine quits smoking for good, the comics become increasingly kid friendly and are ultimately sold next to the mouse ears in certain theme park gift stores.

The most I expect out of this is probably more games like Kingdom Hearts, only this time around you get to stop over at New York and team up with the Human Torch (He is Marvel right?) while fighting Doctor Octopus and that villain from Black Cauldron.

You have to remember, Disney may have a name to protect, but they're still a company, and if they can get away with it they're only going to try and make money from assimilating Marvel Comics. And if worst comes to pass, we still have DC to count on.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 9/7/2009, 11:59 am

I think Disney's actually trying to forget The Black Cauldron. Heaven knows I am.

I'd be loathe to see Disney acquire D.C. for the very reasons you'd just named. The DCAU would probably be mauled beyond recognition--especially Batman: TAS, which is an anomaly as far as cartoons are concerned for being dark, gritty and somewhat realistic (at least they used guns instead of frickin' laser beams).
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Raevien 9/7/2009, 4:40 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:
The most I expect out of this is probably more games like Kingdom Hearts, only this time around you get to stop over at New York and team up with the Human Torch (He is Marvel right?) while fighting Doctor Octopus and that villain from Black Cauldron.

Being a gamer, that was the first thing I thought of.

Only.

I saw Deadpool.

Heavens knows why. xD;;;

I can totally see him turning around and yelling at the screen and arguing with and cursing out the gamer for making him jump off buildings, die and stuff. ...yeah. That'd be epic.
Raevien
Raevien

http://reavien.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 9/7/2009, 4:47 pm

Raevien wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:

Only.

I saw Deadpool.

Heavens knows why. xD;;;

I can totally see him turning around and yelling at the screen and arguing with and cursing out the gamer for making him jump off buildings, die and stuff. ...yeah. That'd be epic.

Okay, look at Cid. They took away his cigarette and cleaned up his language. Not a big deal, right?

Now, imagine what they would do to Deadpool. And you'll see why that's a terrible idea.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Raevien 9/7/2009, 4:52 pm

Naked Snake wrote:
Raevien wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:

Only.

I saw Deadpool.

Heavens knows why. xD;;;

Okay, look at Cid. They took away his cigarette and cleaned up his language. Not a big deal, right?

Now, imagine what they would do to Deadpool. And you'll see why that's a terrible idea.

....as terrible of an idea it'd be, it still made me laugh just now. xDD ... The image of Deadpool screaming "dagnabbit" somehow appeared in my head.
Good lord, hit me with a fish now, please. xDD aagh
Raevien
Raevien

http://reavien.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 9/7/2009, 4:53 pm

Raevien wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:
Raevien wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:

Only.

I saw Deadpool.

Heavens knows why. xD;;;

....as terrible of an idea it'd be, it still made me laugh just now. xDD ... The image of Deadpool screaming "dagnabbit" somehow appeared in my head.
Good lord, hit me with a fish now, please. xDD aagh

*hits raevien with shark* did u want a smaller fish? XDD
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

https://www.youtube.com/thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/7/2009, 5:43 pm

Disney makes Deadpool into Alivepool. He suddenly begins giving candy to small children instead of kicking them, respects other peoples opinions and rescues grandma's from tree's. His fourth wall breaking is parlayed into an after-issue/episode after school special style lesson to teach the kiddies.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by thewizardofodd12 9/7/2009, 7:52 pm

Azrael wrote:Disney makes Deadpool into Alivepool. He suddenly begins giving candy to small children instead of kicking them, respects other peoples opinions and rescues grandma's from tree's. His fourth wall breaking is parlayed into an after-issue/episode after school special style lesson to teach the kiddies.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! He broke the fourth wall!!!
thewizardofodd12
thewizardofodd12

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 9/9/2009, 2:07 pm

Azrael wrote:Disney makes Deadpool into Alivepool. He suddenly begins giving candy to small children instead of kicking them, respects other peoples opinions and rescues grandma's from tree's. His fourth wall breaking is parlayed into an after-issue/episode after school special style lesson to teach the kiddies.
What a frightening thought!
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down