DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wet Blanketz Teim

+8
BigHazelEyes
Azrael
~Angel~
Riaaanna
Laughing_Man
archiesangel
Thecrazykid3649
Naked Snake
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Wet Blanketz Teim - Page 3 Empty Re: Wet Blanketz Teim

Post by Azrael 9/5/2009, 1:01 pm

Laughing_Man wrote:
Azrael wrote:All this talk of fan projects reminds me of this one idea I had for a fanfic.

It was going to deal with drifters from Gotham City congregating in the Titans city. Azrael. Tommy Monaghan. Jason Todd. All brought to the city by disparate elements that tie together to a main threat. The Order of St. Dumas. It would involve Robin finally shedding the Robin role for Nightwing, a bit of Batman and Titans interaction with characters from Gotham.

I'm suddenly reminded that I never actually went anywhere with it.

So many idea's lost to the ether. Alas. The confines of my scattered brain are naught but a cruel place.

If that were made into the context of a season six episode, would it need simplifying for those not familiar with the Batman mythos?
Not particularly.

The idea I had was that Azrael would end up in the city of the Titans (Jump, was it?) chasing the Order of St. Dumas and trying to piece together his identity and life. Being pretty much MPD thanks to his mental conditioning, he'd of course find himself in conflict with the Order and the Titans.

A second episode would involve murderous former Robin Jason Todd coming into town. His mission? To humiliate and humble the Titans, especially Robin. Jealous because Dick had always been considered the best Robin and he was all but forgotten. By the end of it, Robin would have learned that Batman had his back broken, was put out of action, replaced for a time and returned to the cowl; all without Robin knowing a lick of it had even happened.

Which would then lead Robin to leave for a while, desperate to get back to Gotham and find out what happened. Which would be a impetus for him to ditch the Robin identity and take up the role of Nightwing.

In the meantime, Tommy Monaghan is in town on a hit related to the Order. With Robin gone, the idea was that Beast Boy would pull weight and keep the Titans together as a team in the meantime. Conflict between all three outsiders and the remnants of the Titans would ensue and the city would suffer for the presence of the Order.

So basically, I had an overarching plot in mind I was calling "Ghosts of Gotham". I'd make sure all the necessary bits of information were there of course. I had intended it to be a long form fanfic; I just never went anywhere with it.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Laughing_Man 9/5/2009, 1:09 pm

Azrael wrote:
Laughing_Man wrote:
Azrael wrote:All this talk of fan projects reminds me of this one idea I had for a fanfic.

It was going to deal with drifters from Gotham City congregating in the Titans city. Azrael. Tommy Monaghan. Jason Todd. All brought to the city by disparate elements that tie together to a main threat. The Order of St. Dumas. It would involve Robin finally shedding the Robin role for Nightwing, a bit of Batman and Titans interaction with characters from Gotham.

I'm suddenly reminded that I never actually went anywhere with it.

So many idea's lost to the ether. Alas. The confines of my scattered brain are naught but a cruel place.

If that were made into the context of a season six episode, would it need simplifying for those not familiar with the Batman mythos?
Not particularly.

The idea I had was that Azrael would end up in the city of the Titans (Jump, was it?) chasing the Order of St. Dumas and trying to piece together his identity and life. Being pretty much MPD thanks to his mental conditioning, he'd of course find himself in conflict with the Order and the Titans.

A second episode would involve murderous former Robin Jason Todd coming into town. His mission? To humiliate and humble the Titans, especially Robin. Jealous because Dick had always been considered the best Robin and he was all but forgotten. By the end of it, Robin would have learned that Batman had his back broken, was put out of action, replaced for a time and returned to the cowl; all without Robin knowing a lick of it had even happened.

Which would then lead Robin to leave for a while, desperate to get back to Gotham and find out what happened. Which would be a impetus for him to ditch the Robin identity and take up the role of Nightwing.

In the meantime, Tommy Monaghan is in town on a hit related to the Order. With Robin gone, the idea was that Beast Boy would pull weight and keep the Titans together as a team in the meantime. Conflict between all three outsiders and the remnants of the Titans would ensue and the city would suffer for the presence of the Order.

So basically, I had an overarching plot in mind I was calling "Ghosts of Gotham". I'd make sure all the necessary bits of information were there of course. I had intended it to be a long form fanfic; I just never went anywhere with it.

That actually sounds quite good, and in keeping with how season 5 was spreading the Titans area more outside their home city.
Laughing_Man
Laughing_Man

Back to top Go down

Wet Blanketz Teim - Page 3 Empty Hope

Post by BigHazelEyes 9/5/2009, 2:28 pm

I'm still not giving up hope. The only thing I could really gather from that article was that the show couldn't continue because the team of cast and creaters all seperated for other things, But, from what I have heard and read, most of the cast would be glad to do the show again. They just need the actual time in their scheldules. I know they are doing other things, but they could all sign a contract saying they will join TT again after whatever they've been doing is over. I know theres more to it then that, but I'm stating the base of the arguement saying the show couldn't continue.
BigHazelEyes
BigHazelEyes

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel 9/5/2009, 2:31 pm

BigHazelEyes wrote:I'm still not giving up hope. The only thing I could really gather from that article was that the show couldn't continue because the team of cast and creaters all seperated for other things, But, from what I have heard and read, most of the cast would be glad to do the show again. They just need the actual time in their scheldules. I know they are doing other things, but they could all sign a contract saying they will join TT again after whatever they've been doing is over. I know theres more to it then that, but I'm stating the base of the arguement saying the show couldn't continue.

That is true too. I guess there are a lot of different points of view on this issue. Have you voted on the main page bottom thread?
archiesangel
archiesangel

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Angel~ 9/5/2009, 2:34 pm

archiesangel wrote:
BigHazelEyes wrote:I'm still not giving up hope. The only thing I could really gather from that article was that the show couldn't continue because the team of cast and creaters all seperated for other things, But, from what I have heard and read, most of the cast would be glad to do the show again. They just need the actual time in their scheldules. I know they are doing other things, but they could all sign a contract saying they will join TT again after whatever they've been doing is over. I know theres more to it then that, but I'm stating the base of the arguement saying the show couldn't continue.

That is true too. I guess there are a lot of different points of view on this issue. Have you voted on the main page bottom thread?

True you guys are voting what did i miss.
~Angel~
~Angel~

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel 9/5/2009, 2:36 pm

Dark~Angel~ wrote:
archiesangel wrote:

Quite a bit, you are going to want to read this entire thread and then vote.
I see you have never mind.
archiesangel
archiesangel

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Angel~ 9/5/2009, 2:52 pm

archiesangel wrote:
Dark~Angel~ wrote:
archiesangel wrote:

Quite a bit, you are going to want to read this entire thread and then vote.
I see you have never mind.

I already voted looks like I didn't miss that much because a am in the thread.
~Angel~
~Angel~

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitzkrieg 9/5/2009, 4:26 pm

i think we should continue fighting for TT and start making our own vids and web comics. I have always loved that idea and I don't see why we can't do it either. And it will give us all a sense of accomplishment. Plus...it will get our name out in the web and we can even send the web comics and vids to WB or whoever our target might be.
Blitzkrieg
Blitzkrieg

Location : Wherever the wind blows as it carries me on its lofty wings. lol no really really Earth.

https://www.youtube.com/user/tahtunka08

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/5/2009, 9:32 pm

I swear... snake sounds like Rorschach!
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 9/5/2009, 10:01 pm

Mercy wrote:I swear... snake sounds like Rorschach!

*HE* sounds like *ME.*
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/5/2009, 10:10 pm

Naked Snake wrote:
Mercy wrote:I swear... snake sounds like Rorschach!

*HE* sounds like *ME.*
:lol!:
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Titans_Fan123 9/5/2009, 11:03 pm

Guys we cant walk away from the forums
Sam did say there is a new teen superhero show coming soon
so we will just have to sit and wait
Titans_Fan123
Titans_Fan123

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 9/5/2009, 11:39 pm

Titans_Fan123 wrote:Guys we cant walk away from the forums

A, nobody's said anything about walking away.

B, key word is "New." Not Teen Titans.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 9/6/2009, 6:46 am

lol no were not just gonna walk away.

https://titans.4umer.com/project-decsions-f15/what-do-we-do-next-t255-15.htm#6943

Cast your vote on what you think we should do next. Wink
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

https://www.youtube.com/thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Wet Blanketz Teim - Page 3 Empty TT

Post by BigHazelEyes 9/6/2009, 11:17 am

archiesangel wrote:

No, I haven't yet. I don't mean to sound dumb, but what are we voting for exactly?
BigHazelEyes
BigHazelEyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Titans_Fan123 9/6/2009, 11:17 am

Naked Snake wrote:

A, nobody's said anything about walking away.

B, key word is "New." Not Teen Titans.

A, some members are thinking about moving away from the forums. I know this because I was on the chat box early this morning. Im not going to say any names. Suspect

B, at least this new show isn't a rumor.
Titans_Fan123
Titans_Fan123

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 9/6/2009, 11:25 am

Yes, but you're acting like the show is the Second Coming of Teen Titans. Or at least, that's the impression you're giving.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/6/2009, 11:43 am

Naked Snake wrote:Yes, but you're acting like the show is the Second Coming of Teen Titans. Or at least, that's the impression you're giving.
It's an impression I'm struggling to trace the origin to. Teen Titans has not been mentioned in regards to animation in two years. How any remote mention of "superhero" and "animation" - which WB does a lot of in regards to OTHER DC heroes with the numerous DTV films, Batman: The Brave and the Bold and their own heroes like Ben 10 and such - gets folks in a lather and assuming it's probably Teen Titans is beyond me. It always comes off as overly wishful thinking.

A, some members are thinking about moving away from the forums.
That was bound to happen sooner or later whether this was brought up or not. You can only do something while getting nowhere for so long before some people just silently drop off or realize nothing is happening and bail. This is just a bit more vocal an example.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Wet Blanketz Teim - Page 3 Empty Noo...!!!!

Post by StarxRob4ever 9/6/2009, 11:46 am

We can not just give up! Evil or Very Mad We worked too hard! Well I shall try something... I have an idea. Twisted Evil
Prepare to make that dude rethink what his NAME is! Twisted Evil I hope! Laughing Embarassed
StarxRob4ever
StarxRob4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 9/6/2009, 11:48 am

RobxStar4ever wrote:We can not just give up! Evil or Very Mad We worked too hard! Well I shall try something... I have an idea. Twisted Evil
Prepare to make that dude rethink what his NAME is! Twisted Evil I hope! Laughing Embarassed

I'm curious, do you get all your ideas from the Hideo Kojima-brand Random Vague Sentence Generator?

To clarify, what in Zombie Raptor Cyborg Pirate Ninja Jesus' name are you talking about?
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel 9/6/2009, 11:53 am

I know we all want as many people here as possible but if all we have are a bunch of fair weather fans, nothing is going to get done. Only the die hard fans will really do something and keep at it. This isn't a dead project and if some think that it is a lost cause then maybe it is best that they leave. I do not mean to be rude but there are people that really loved the show and would put hard work into the show just in the spirit. These are the kind of people that we want here and to help out. Then we might actually get something really good done.
archiesangel
archiesangel

Back to top Go down

Wet Blanketz Teim - Page 3 Empty Heehee

Post by StarxRob4ever 9/6/2009, 11:55 am

Twisted Evil Much much muc evil, I, well, trust some ideas are best ignored..
StarxRob4ever
StarxRob4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/6/2009, 12:10 pm

RobxStar4ever wrote:Prepare to make that dude rethink what his NAME is! Twisted Evil I hope! Laughing Embarassed
Absolutely. Because making a random person want to rethink their name will get a lot done. Do you even have the slightest idea what you're talking about?

I know we all want as many people here as possible but if all we have are a bunch of fair weather fans, nothing is going to get done.
Hate to tell ya, but most kid's to teens are the very definition of fair weather fans. Once something ends show-wise, unless it's pretty much an obsession or passion they tend to move on. This is part of why kids cartoons tend to lose ratings far quicker and last shorter periods of time than your typical television show that might go on for a minimum of six seasons under decent ratings. Shorter attention spans are a fact of life in businesses focused on kids.

This is one of those reasons Paul Levitz was referring to as to why cartoons often do not last past a certain number of episodes or seasons.

This isn't a dead project and if some think that it is a lost cause then maybe it is best that they leave.
Dead project? No.

But lost cause? That's a bit tougher to dismiss away. Something that simply cannot be done and/or is not even feasible. Isn't that technically the definition of lost cause? This is NOT the first cartoon I've seen have a small community dedicated to bringing it back beyond the realm of possibility. There is another place similar to this whom - decades later - are still trying to bring back a cartoon that was canceled a long, long time ago. They've long since become little more than a nuisance to those once involved in said show. Is that really what the people in this community want to be? Because the vibe I've been getting is that it might well be on it's way.

This is another reason shifting focus might be a good idea. If the community is going to stick together, it's definitely a good idea to have a different focus or at least one in conjunction. Otherwise, most people - even the most dedicated - are going to get tired of wasting their time and leave. Those that don't... might not exactly be a shining example of fandom.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel 9/6/2009, 12:18 pm

Azrael wrote:
RobxStar4ever wrote:Prepare to make that dude rethink what his NAME is! Twisted Evil I hope! Laughing Embarassed
Absolutely. Because making a random person want to rethink their name will get a lot done. Do you even have the slightest idea what you're talking about?

I know we all want as many people here as possible but if all we have are a bunch of fair weather fans, nothing is going to get done.
Hate to tell ya, but most kid's to teens are the very definition of fair weather fans. Once something ends show-wise, unless it's pretty much an obsession or passion they tend to move on. This is part of why kids cartoons tend to lose ratings far quicker and last shorter periods of time than your typical television show that might go on for a minimum of six seasons under decent ratings.

This is one of those reasons Paul Levitz was referring to as to why cartoons often do not last past a certain number of episodes or seasons.

This isn't a dead project and if some think that it is a lost cause then maybe it is best that they leave.
Dead project? No.

But lost cause? That's a bit tougher to dismiss away. Something that simply cannot be done and/or is not even feasible. Isn't that technically the definition of lost cause? This is NOT the first cartoon I've seen have a small community dedicated to bringing it back beyond the realm of possibility. There is another place similar to this whom - decades later - are still trying to bring back a cartoon that was canceled a long, long time ago. They've long since become little more than a nuisance to those once involved in said show. Is that really what the people in this community want to be? Because the vibe I've been getting is that it might well be on it's way.

This is another reason shifting focus might be a good idea. If the community is going to stick together, it's definitely a good idea to have a different focus or at least one in conjunction. Otherwise, most people - even the most dedicated - are going to get tired of wasting their time and leave. Those that don't... might not exactly be a shining example of fandom.

I understand that and I know that it is a very unlikely if impossible chance that the show will come back, I am talking about making our own season six. We can do it and nothing for enjoyment or for the love of the show is a lost cause. I think that is what we should focus on doing right now. That way no one is wasting their time on something that will do or mean nothing.
archiesangel
archiesangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/6/2009, 12:26 pm

archiesangel wrote:I understand that and I know that it is a very unlikely if impossible chance that the show will come back, I am talking about making our own season six. We can do it and nothing for enjoyment or for the love of the show is a lost cause. I think that is what we should focus on doing right now. That way no one is wasting their time on something that will do or mean nothing.
I like you. You're rational. That seems like something that should be common, but it sadly isn't.

I'm actually surprised how many of you were actually willing to hear me out in any regard. Judging by Snakes experiences, I hadn't exactly any high hopes.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Disclaimer
Our DC Comics Fanbase community does not own any copywritten material owned by DC Comics Inc. All rights are reserved to the owners.