DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DC's new Logo

5 posters

Go down

DC's new Logo Empty DC's new Logo

Post by Vandal 2/8/2012, 11:01 am

So I suppose I'm late, but last month, DC unveiled their new logo, or as they call it, their "identity."

“We believe our new brand identity will strongly resonate with our loyal fans who will want to proudly express their affinity for DC Entertainment and their passion for their favorite stories and characters, this new look allows them to easily do this. In addition we were excited to update our identity, it’s not often a company gets to revisit something as important as its brand and we took the opportunity to make sure it represented the multi-media business we set out to build with the formation of DC Entertainment,” said Amit Desai, SVP of Franchise Management for DC Entertainment.

DC's new Logo 1_h4uml2utzcy9u2pbt34

So what do you think of the new logo? Is it a good move for DC? Would you expect to see this before ever new DC summer block buster?
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

DC's new Logo Empty Re: DC's new Logo

Post by TheDeceiverGod 2/9/2012, 6:00 pm

I liked the old logo, but it was very much a comic book stamp. I wouldn't mind seeing this as their new digital media logo, before movies or DC-produced video games and such, but I hope they leave the old logo on the comic books. It's a logo that's withstood the test of time and is something that generations of people recognize instantly.

But then again I haven't agreed with much DC's been doing recently. Between the poor writing of the initial New 52 comics, and the sub-par movies they've been chucking out it really feels like they're just trying to copy Marvel's success. Marvel makes Iron Man, DC makes Batman Begins, Marvel starts making movies for the Avengers, DC starts making movies for the Justice League, Marvel has its "Ultimate's universe" DC has it its "New 52"
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 2/9/2012, 8:24 pm

I honestly don't like the new logo. It takes some time to really make out the D in DC and it sort of looks like a sticker getting peeled off rather than a page being turned.

And to be perfectly fair Batman Begins came out 3 years before Iron Man, The New 52 has some exceptional series going on such as Batman, Justice League, Suicide Squad, All-Star Western, and Supergirl. And there's no real confirmation that a Justice League film is in the pre-pro.

Last edited by Mercy on 2/10/2012, 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel 2/9/2012, 9:25 pm

I also don't like it.. It seems top messy and hard to tell that it is indeed DC
archiesangel
archiesangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 2/10/2012, 12:51 am

archiesangel wrote:I also don't like it.. It seems top messy and hard to tell that it is indeed DC
Yeah, actually it kind of reminds me of Cartoon Network. And Cartoon Network is having that whole DC Nation block.. Hmm. Conspiracy?
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 2/11/2012, 11:30 am

I don't mind it so much- companies often update their logos, it was only a matter of time before DC did the same for themselves. Granted, I do like the old one a smidge better but that's not to say I think the new one is bad.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by EmbersofAmber 7/12/2013, 12:06 pm

I'm rather uncomfortable with the new logo. If you look at the evolution of DC's logos, they were all pretty much the same with a circle and DC inside them. The new logo just feels too modern and too stripped of character, but, hey, comics are a business and if they needed to update themselves in order to make a profit then good fr them.
The 1976 logo is my personal favorite.
DC's new Logo Dc-log10
EmbersofAmber
EmbersofAmber

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 7/12/2013, 2:08 pm

The 05 was always my favorite, personally.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Disclaimer
Our DC Comics Fanbase community does not own any copywritten material owned by DC Comics Inc. All rights are reserved to the owners.