DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I gots an idea!!!

+6
TheDeceiverGod
Naked Snake
Blitzkrieg
Thecrazykid3649
Forza3yeah
StarxRob4ever
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

I gots an idea!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: I gots an idea!!!

Post by Thecrazykid3649 7/14/2009, 9:32 pm

Naked Snake wrote:
thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:
thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:
thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:
not to mention your reputation of making good episodes i am sure it is good lol.

Good episode ideas. And while a lot of them are good, it's quite different to actually translate those ideas into a script.

you bet it is! lol but i'm sure i can pull them both off exceptionally. some1 even called it professional, not to sound cocky XD :D

Professionals use proper punctuation and capitalization.

Not to sound cocky.

errr ehhh true lol but im only 14! this ain't grade ''A'' work! and the reason some1 said that was they were wowed by the substance of the writing, which most people like in my episode ideas, fanfics, and dialouges. lol what, u expect me to have a best seller or something? XD i never said it was perfect. but it is good. im not afraid to say that. the whole point is it is possible for us to write scripts cuz i did it. this ain't the best work i can give, i admit, i can do better. it was really an example of the script writing we can offer to wb if need be. if i can do it, then so can the rest of the members. :D

I wasn't expecting an episode-quality script, to be honest, but I was kind of hoping that, in a script that you wanted to submit to WB, you would take the time to use proper punctuation and grammar.

You're tooting your own horn to the extreme, I hope you realize.

ok... my username may be thecrazykid3649 but im not crazy. i wouldn't send anything to wb that wasn't my best work or at least thoroughly edited. and how am i tooting my own horn to the extreme? i just said it was good. i never said great or perfect. if it seems like im proud of my writing...well i should be. not too proud, but happy with it at least. not many people my age or race take a liking to writing like i do, especially this generation. we're all gifted in different ways, so excuse me if i come off as arrogant, but im proud of myself.

...So you only edit/proofread your work under extenuating circumstances--say, submitting it to WB, for instance?

That's the thing--I'm not complaining about you keeping the good china in the cupboard. I understand that you wouldn't submit this to WB. I'm complaining that you can't seem to be bothered to follow the absolute most basic rule of writing--that is, punctuate and capitalize properly--unless you're showing it to someone important.

Granted, I'm the only one bringing this up, but if other people are calling it "professional," and you're taking their word for it (in a backhanded, subtle sort of way, yes, you were tooting your own horn), then obviously there's a problem. I can't be the only person here who thinks that correct spelling and grammar in a written piece is a necessity, no matter what the audience, am I?

Nor am I bashing you for your being taking pride in your writing; it's good that you recognize your talents. I'm merely keeping your ego in check before it inevitably balloons because the only people who are giving you feedback are like-minded folk who will enjoy whatever you write. I have seen this happen many, many times.

On a sidenote, Chinua Achebe isn't listed on Wikipedia as a well-known black author. This upsets me, and I must now add his name to that list.

EDIT: Also, script-writing is far from easy.

i do care about spelling and puncuation. i never said i don't follow that rule. if i made a mistake, i'll change it. if i made mistakes in there, i'll edit it. and for the last time, i know it isn't perfect. no one said as i writer , i am professional. they just meant the QUALITY and the SUBSTANCE and the way it was written like a real tt script in their opinion. and my ego isn't about to fly off to jupiter. you don't have to worry about that. i never said i am the best writer, nor a great one. i just said i am proud of my skills and desire to write. and yeah, script writing is far from easy, but its far from impossible.

Last edited by thecrazykid3649 on 7/14/2009, 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

https://www.youtube.com/thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 7/14/2009, 9:34 pm

Of course it isn't impossible. If it were, television, film and theater wouldn't exist. Done properly, it's very difficult though.

Your spelling was actually okay, it was more the fact that you didn't punctuate or capitalize almost at all that got to me.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 7/14/2009, 9:40 pm

Naked Snake wrote:Of course it isn't impossible. If it were, television, film and theater wouldn't exist. Done properly, it's very difficult though.

Your spelling was actually okay, it was more the fact that you didn't punctuate or capitalize almost at all that got to me.

ok well sorry about that but aside from the bad puncuation and stuff,(which i'll edit lol) how is the script itself so far?
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Sierra 7/23/2009, 8:37 am

If anyone's interested, I'm willing to help type up scripts... I'm used to writing things in that general style anyhow, I think, and I myself have issues with lack of punctuation and otherwise improper grammar and sentence structure. I'd still need a rough draft, of course, as I wouldn't know details of someone else's script otherwise, but I can retype it and try to make it more... like a real script, I suppose.
And it seems to me we may want to start thinking about making a thread for such things, maybe, so we can get feedback.. like the episode ideas thing.
Just my two cents on the matter.
Sierra
Sierra

Back to top Go down

Post by artemis 1223 7/23/2009, 2:01 pm

Sundavr Baen wrote:If anyone's interested, I'm willing to help type up scripts... I'm used to writing things in that general style anyhow, I think, and I myself have issues with lack of punctuation and otherwise improper grammar and sentence structure. I'd still need a rough draft, of course, as I wouldn't know details of someone else's script otherwise, but I can retype it and try to make it more... like a real script, I suppose.
And it seems to me we may want to start thinking about making a thread for such things, maybe, so we can get feedback.. like the episode ideas thing.

i extend my hand in this matter. my vocabulary is profficient and i know many large words that make it sound more proffesional.
artemis 1223
artemis 1223

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 7/23/2009, 2:12 pm

artemis 1223 wrote:
Sundavr Baen wrote:If anyone's interested, I'm willing to help type up scripts... I'm used to writing things in that general style anyhow, I think, and I myself have issues with lack of punctuation and otherwise improper grammar and sentence structure. I'd still need a rough draft, of course, as I wouldn't know details of someone else's script otherwise, but I can retype it and try to make it more... like a real script, I suppose.

i extend my hand in this matter. my vocabulary is profficient and i know many large words that make it sound more proffesional.

So what you was saying is, you have a very vast and immense vocabulary, and was thereby capable and intellectual enough to bring forth the coverted scripts, in the event a thread is made for the sole purpose of posting said scripts, as there is a thread for the very creative and well-thought out episode ideas? :lol!:
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 7/23/2009, 7:50 pm

artemis 1223 wrote:

Because that letter you wrote was the very epitome of professionalism.

You can toss around big (misspelled, on your part) words all you like, but they don't mean anything if the person writing them has no clue how to write anything coherent. Or what those words mean.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sierra 7/25/2009, 7:15 am

Er, something along those lines, Crazy...
Sierra
Sierra

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Angel~ 8/20/2009, 9:12 pm

GOOD IDEA BUT I HEARD A DIFFERENT STORY ABOUT WHY THEY CANCELLED Neutral
~Angel~
~Angel~

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 8/20/2009, 10:12 pm

Dark~Angel~ wrote:GOOD IDEA BUT I HEARD A DIFFERENT STORY ABOUT WHY THEY CANCELLED Neutral

Huh. Rumor mill. I am intrigued. Go on.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Angel~ 8/21/2009, 11:48 pm

Naked Snake wrote:
Dark~Angel~ wrote:GOOD IDEA BUT I HEARD A DIFFERENT STORY ABOUT WHY THEY CANCELLED Neutral

I heard they cancelled because robin would go in rae's room and come out 5 mins later and because of star and rae that one i didn't get much i still don't know if it's true. Neutral
~Angel~
~Angel~

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 8/21/2009, 11:56 pm

Dark~Angel~ wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:

I heard they cancelled because robin would go in rae's room and come out 5 mins later and because of star and rae that one i didn't get much i still don't know if it's true. Neutral

...Er...let's go with untrue.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Angel~ 8/22/2009, 12:47 pm

Naked Snake wrote:
Dark~Angel~ wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:

Um...yeah.
~Angel~
~Angel~

Back to top Go down

Post by EllaMila1 8/23/2009, 8:32 am

mythica magic wrote:
Dark~Angel~ wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:
Dark~Angel~ wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:

Um...yeah.

LMAO!!!!

I gots an idea!!! - Page 3 Default

lol. xDD
EllaMila1
EllaMila1

https://www.youtube.com/user/EllaMila1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3