DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Chat

+27
Corvus31
Dracula Marth
TheMoodieSwede
Ravenisawesome
Raevien
SnowFallsSlow
rockfan101
Azrael
RustleXer
hotspot
Rinisa
albedo2191
redeagle321
Vandal
Thecrazykid3649
TheDeceiverGod
EllaMila1
ebilcupcake
Music_Hero2779
archiesangel
Xenophobic Sponge
Fishing4Infinity
Luck
Naked Snake
Rain
Terra
Riaaanna
31 posters

Page 14 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 31  Next

Go down

Random Chat - Page 14 Empty Re: Random Chat

Post by archiesangel 6/13/2010, 9:27 pm

Naked Snake wrote:
archiesangel wrote:John Lennon imagined a world filled with peace and love. Martin Luther King dreamt of a world free from racial discrimination and oppression. The guy who invented the Frisbee, dreamt of a world where people would throw a fat, circular object at each other in order to pass the time. At least He succeeded...

A classmate of mine put that on his Facebook... I thought it was interesting

Martin Luther King Jr. also dreamed of an America where black people were not second-class citizens.

He succeeded in that, if nothing else. So I think he'd be proud.
Totally, he was a great man.
archiesangel
archiesangel

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel 6/13/2010, 9:28 pm

Got bit by a spider and now my foot is swollen =(
What a rip where are my spidey powers??
archiesangel
archiesangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 6/13/2010, 9:41 pm

O_O

That's... Not a good thing o_O

Is it like, colored funny or swollen weird?
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel 6/13/2010, 9:45 pm

Nope just.... big and .... puffy and red o.O
archiesangel
archiesangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 6/13/2010, 9:48 pm

O_o...

That's still not good...

Is it as big as a dime? Smaller? Bigger?
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel 6/13/2010, 9:51 pm

Bout a quarter... should I be worried?? O.O
archiesangel
archiesangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 6/13/2010, 9:52 pm

o_o

Maybe... See how it is in the morning o_O

If it gets bigger, get it checked out maybe
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel 6/13/2010, 10:02 pm

K Thx Karmy
archiesangel
archiesangel

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 6/15/2010, 5:01 pm

Random educational quote from a long dead man of ineffable wisdom.

Aristotle wrote:"All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire.

This quote holds particular importance for those of you who seek to better yourselves as role players, for you must ask yourselves whenever your character performs an action, which of the seven or more are the cause of that action. If your character has no reason to do something than you need to re-evaluate whether you should have them preform such action.

For more great bite-sized bits of wisdom please visit This Link!
"Education is the best provision for old age." -Aristotle
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel 6/15/2010, 7:50 pm

Hey I found a bunch of my dad's old comics from the dreaded office closet and found one called Areala: Warrior Nun. Anyone heard of it? Is it any good?
=P I have to decide whether or not to keep or sell these... Help would be appreciated!
archiesangel
archiesangel

Back to top Go down

Post by rockfan101 6/16/2010, 6:58 pm

If it's been stuck in an office closet and it's old, it's gotta be worth something...
rockfan101
rockfan101

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel 6/16/2010, 9:30 pm

Haha i hope so rocky lol btw welcome =)
archiesangel
archiesangel

Back to top Go down

Post by rockfan101 6/17/2010, 11:14 am

archiesangel wrote:Haha i hope so rocky lol btw welcome =)

thx =D
rockfan101
rockfan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 6/24/2010, 12:43 pm

Random Blurb

Can a mother get ''bored'' of loving her children? Can a husband grow ''bored'' of his wife? If so, the love was never there to begin with. There is no way you can get *bored* of loving someone. True love can't ''expire'' or be ''exhausted''. Love is unconditional and irrespective to time and circumstance.

Very Happy
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

https://www.youtube.com/thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 6/24/2010, 1:52 pm

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:Random Blurb

Can a mother get ''bored'' of loving her children? Can a husband grow ''bored'' of his wife? If so, the love was never there to begin with. There is no way you can get *bored* of loving someone. True love can't ''expire'' or be ''exhausted''. Love is unconditional and irrespective to time and circumstance.

Very Happy

I disagree. Love can fade, love can die, but that doesn't mean it was never there in the first place. It just wasn't strong enough to last.

Now, those occasions when it DOES last a lifetime...
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 6/25/2010, 4:14 pm

I like this topic. We should make a thread solely on debating love. A LOVE FEST...DEBATING...THING. Smile

A couple of days ago, I was on Yahoo! answers and there was a question, ''Can you get bored of loving someone''? It was posted by a woman whose boyfriend, of 3 years, broke up with her with his explanation being ''I got bored of loving you.''

If I ever marry, I would plan to spend the rest of my life with that person, until death does us part. I can't fathom being married for 10 or 20 or 30 years only to have my spouse say ''i got bored of loving you.'' I pity any child that has their parent tell them they don't love them anymore because they didn't turn out to be the child they wanted and they were too *boring* to love. Because if you got bored or tired of loving someone, then that means your love for them MUST have been conditional. I don't believe in conditional love. If love has to be ''strengthened'' to last, then it must not have been strong enough to begin with, in my eyes.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 6/25/2010, 11:16 pm

If I ever marry, I would plan to spend the rest of my life with that person, until death does us part. I can't fathom being married for 10 or 20 or 30 years only to have my spouse say ''i got bored of loving you.'' I pity any child that has their parent tell them they don't love them anymore because they didn't turn out to be the child they wanted and they were too *boring* to love. Because if you got bored or tired of loving someone, then that means your love for them MUST have been conditional. I don't believe in conditional love. If love has to be ''strengthened'' to last, then it must not have been strong enough to begin with, in my eyes.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

We don't, actually, because I agree with you. Love can last a lifetime. It doesn't always, or even most of the time, but it can. And if you absolutely must marry someone, it should be someone that you know, in your heart of hearts, you will never stop loving.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 6/25/2010, 11:28 pm

Do you think love can bloom on the battlefield?
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 6/26/2010, 3:30 am

What is 'love' anyway?

I'm personally intensely skeptical of the value of virtually every emotion, but it is my personal opinion that Love is simply suffers from being one of the many words for which people no longer have adequate respect for.

Love is defined as "a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person."

Yet this is almost never how we use it in modern conversation, someone who 'loves pizza' does not possess a profound, tender affection for pizza, they simply possess a stronger than average attraction for it, and because they lack sufficient vocabulary to efficiently express this in an alternative fashion they use the word 'love.' Then when someone feels a stronger than average attraction for a person, they mistake it for love, and attempt to treat it as such.

This would be easily expressed as the modern difference between 'true love' and 'love.' 'True love' has become what 'love' is supposed to be.

This combined with the fact that our society is evolving ever more toward self-importance, people are more and more attempting to dramatize their lives, call it life imitating art. People who simply feel an attraction for another attempt to treat it as love, and because, well frankly, most people are stupid, it works, for a time. Eventually though that attraction fades, and the relationship is left behind to decay from within.

Now my personal opinion of marriage aside, I do believe that the increase number of marriages within a given life time is chiefly due to the emergence of the 'look at me culture' that is also responsible for such sites as MySpace and FaceBook. As I said people want to dramatize their lives, they want to make themselves special, so when they find something they feel distinguishes them, they want to show it off. Thus when people find something that passes for love, they want to show it off, and thus they have a wedding, now both those participating would thoroughly enjoy this facade, because quiet frankly they want to believe it's real so much that they're unwilling to admit that it's not. Why do you think you never hear about a divorced person looking back on their wedding with joy? The memory of what is supposedly the happiest day of their lives results in bringing them nothing but unhappiness, likely because they're either angry with themselves for being so foolish as to believe in the facade, or sad that it failed.

Again this is just my personal opinion, but I would like to mention that even after, gimme a second, 4 years of dating, continuously, Bloodless and I are still lothe to speak the word 'love' to one another, granted I use it as a noun in reference to her, but not as a verb in respect to my feelings for her. Now does this mean that I do not 'love' Bloodless? No, the absence of my willingness to label something does not mean that the label I am unwilling to apply does not fit, but the fact of the matter is that I have never, to my knowledge 'been in love' thus I have nothing to compare my feelings for Bloodless to. I do know that I like her very much, that I enjoy her company far more than virtually anyone else I have ever encountered, and that despite my deeply rooted personal hatred for virtually all other embodiments of mankind, that when I imagine spending time with Bloodless I cannot help myself but smile. Does this mean that I 'love' her? I can't say, but I will say that I do intend, should our relationship continue to be as it is now that I hope one day to marry Bloodless. However I would like to also state that despite being willing to entertain the idea as an ultimate objective of our relationship, that I am not making any plans for such an event in the near future. I possess the intention to eventually marry Bloodless, but do not currently possess the ability to perform the necessary ritual to satisfaction.

It is my personal belief that such events should only be done when they can be done right. I am poor, unemployed, and living in my father's house, thus it is beyond my current ability to, as I like to think of it, 'have a wedding worth having.' Too many people today seem to believe that your wedding day is innate designed to be the happiest day of your life, I do not believe this, I believe that a wedding day should be the happiest day of the couple's respective lives, but that this quality is not innate to it being their wedding day. Thus one should only have a wedding day when they have the ability to conceivable make it the happiest day of their partner's life. A wedding worth having, and a ring worth wearing.

People don't respect things as much as they should anymore, chiefly words. Love is one of the words which has lost it's power. People are too concerned with themselves today, it's one of the many reasons I hate them, Love is not something you feel, it is something which someone else makes you feel. You're supposed to be grateful to them for providing you that feeling, and do everything you can to provide them the same. Instead today people are too busy turning 'like' into 'love' and 'love' into 'true love' I shudder to think what our children will be calling what we call 'true love.'
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 6/26/2010, 9:44 am

And if you absolutely must marry someone, it should be someone that you know, in your heart of hearts, you will never stop loving.

You are right. When you marry, you should KNOW that its the person you want to spend the rest of your life with.

Thats a good question. I think it can be confirmed rather than bloom on the battlefield. When the smoke clears and the one you love is still there, that shows how strong the love is.

People don't respect things as much as they should anymore, chiefly words. Love is one of the words which has lost it's power. People are too concerned with themselves today, it's one of the many reasons I hate them, Love is not something you feel, it is something which someone else makes you feel. You're supposed to be grateful to them for providing you that feeling, and do everything you can to provide them the same. Instead today people are too busy turning 'like' into 'love' and 'love' into 'true love' I shudder to think what our children will be calling what we call 'true love.'

I think some people are quick to acknowledge every small sign of affection they feel for another as love because they are afraid they will be alone forever. They WANT to feel love so bad, they impute Love as something to be attained, rather than something you must feel. People just don't know what love means. Its often confused with lust or just a simple crush.
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 6/26/2010, 1:37 pm

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:

Thats a good question. I think it can be confirmed rather than bloom on the battlefield. When the smoke clears and the one you love is still there, that shows how strong the love is.

WRONG ANSWER. AS PUNISHMENT YOU MUST SLEEP IN THE BARN WITH THE COWS. THERE'S PLENTY OF MILK IF YOU GET THIRSTY. OR CALCIUM DEFICIENT.

The correct answer is as follows:

"Yeah. I do. I believe that anytime...anywhere...people can fall in love. But...if you love someone, then you have to be able to protect them."
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 6/26/2010, 3:04 pm

Naked Snake wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:

Otacon wrote:Do you think love can bloom even on the battlefield?

WRONG ANSWER. AS PUNISHMENT YOU MUST SLEEP IN THE BARN WITH THE COWS. THERE'S PLENTY OF MILK IF YOU GET THIRSTY. OR CALCIUM DEFICIENT.

The correct answer is as follows:

"Yeah. I do. I believe that anytime...anywhere...people can fall in love. But...if you love someone, then you have to be able to protect them."
Haha, its a MGS quote crazy!
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel 6/27/2010, 10:16 pm

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:

I think some people are quick to acknowledge every small sign of affection they feel for another as love because they are afraid they will be alone forever. They WANT to feel love so bad, they impute Love as something to be attained, rather than something you must feel. People just don't know what love means. Its often confused with lust or just a simple crush.

Even sometimes when a child isn't brought up feeling cared for or 'loved', they don't understand the emotion when they grow up and end up in the real world. If anybody does anything that would be considered nice or polite, they blow it up to be, to other people, extreme proportions. Certain environments can confused or twisted emotions from what they were originally meant to be.
archiesangel
archiesangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 6/28/2010, 1:05 pm

Gasp!!! Quote or no quote, that is my opinion. My SACRED, SUPER IMPORTANT, SUPER DUPER OPINION. For using your insiduous trickery to beguile me into answering a rhetorical question, and then dishonoring said answer, I sentence you both to 1 million smacks with a 6 foot wet noodle while baking cookies to accomadate my newfound abundant supply of milk. VENGANCE SHALL BE CRAZY'S!!! Razz

Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 6/28/2010, 1:34 pm

wow.
Random.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin