DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Chat

+27
Corvus31
Dracula Marth
TheMoodieSwede
Ravenisawesome
Raevien
SnowFallsSlow
rockfan101
Azrael
RustleXer
hotspot
Rinisa
albedo2191
redeagle321
Vandal
Thecrazykid3649
TheDeceiverGod
EllaMila1
ebilcupcake
Music_Hero2779
archiesangel
Xenophobic Sponge
Fishing4Infinity
Luck
Naked Snake
Rain
Terra
Riaaanna
31 posters

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

Random Chat - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Chat

Post by Fishing4Infinity 6/28/2010, 1:39 pm

Did yo0u drink Starbucks today!?!?!
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 6/28/2010, 3:52 pm

Random Blurb

If everyone was selfish, no one would care about you. If everyone was self-less and cared more for others, then everyone would be cared for.

:D
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

https://www.youtube.com/thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by SnowFallsSlow 6/28/2010, 4:42 pm

Which would be worse? A world full of selfish people, or a world full of selfless people?

If everyone was selfish, no one would care that no one cared.
If everyone was selfless, no one would want to be cared for.
SnowFallsSlow
SnowFallsSlow
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel 6/28/2010, 8:05 pm

Interesting thought, Snow....
archiesangel
archiesangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 6/30/2010, 7:30 pm

Random Blurb (just to go with the fad. I R SHALLOW!):

You are being watched right now, and it's not by Santa...
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 6/30/2010, 7:58 pm

Random blurb:

"An anemone, or Clematis plant's juice can cause a rash. When pruning, it's a good idea to wear gloves."
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 6/30/2010, 8:55 pm

Anemone's are also homes to clown fish who use it for protection from larger predators such as sharks and barracuda. It is also sometimes called, 'Medusa' as it looks like the mythical creature.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 7/1/2010, 12:45 pm

Random Blurb:

The absence of rancorous dissension is the presence of peace. You can't and will never find peace within disharmony.

Very Happy
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 7/2/2010, 8:54 am

Buffy the Vampire Slayer ≥ Twilight?
Discuss.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 7/2/2010, 10:11 am

Buffy the Vampire Slayer of course. I only watched a season or two and I gotta say, so much better than Twilight. At least the creature's in the show acted like they were supposed to. Vampires don't sparkle dammit!
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 7/2/2010, 10:20 am

Hmm if you're only a season or two in than you might not be up to the AngelxBuffy seasons. Angel being a vampire, it seemed like the two actually have a lot in common, girl meets parasitic immortal, girl & parasitic immortal get coffee together, girl falls head over heels in love with parasitic immortal, they date, things don't work out, they break up, they still love each other, parasitic immortal leaves town and gets his own spin off series.

Really, they seem like they're trying to court the same audience, I mean granted Buffy first came out like, years ago, like in my childhood, but it seems like they're really similar the more I think about it. Vampires, Werewolves, Buffy just uses more than the one girl, but she dated a vampire, two actually over the course of the series, and her friend dated a werewolf for a while, then the one guy married a demoness (former demoness technically) and then Angel got his own spin off that's out of print but still airing.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 7/2/2010, 11:21 am

Angst and melodrama aside, Buffy was a well-written, well-constructed universe with well-written and well-constructed characters on well-written and well-constructed adventures. It had its faults--what series doesn't?--but it was brilliantly written and fun to watch (at least the first several seasons; it went downhill starting with season five, I think) and entered into the pop culture lexicon for all the right reasons.

Twilight sucks.

Buffy > Twilight.

Alright, so I should probably back up this opinion a little bit. As far as the use of language in Twilight goes, I have few complaints. Sure, it's purpler than I like my prose, but still, the writing itself is not bad. The story, the characters, the dialogue on the other hand, are all wretched.

Twilight gives you one-trick ponies--characters with one distinguishing facet and little-to-no development outside of this. The main characters--the goddamn vampire family around which the story revolves--have all the depth of a kiddie pool. All of them. Sure, once or twice they'll get their characters fleshed out--such as when Rosalie awkwardly infodumps her tragic backstory (WHERE SHE WAS WELL OFF DURING THE GREAT DEPRESSION BECAUSE HER FATHER WAS A BANKER GODDAMN YOU STEPHENIE MEYER DO YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT YOUR NATION'S HISTORY I OUGHT TO FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF), or when Jasper awkwardly infodumps HIS tragic backstory--but these features, these stories, do nothing to define them. Jasper, at the end of the book, is still a boring sadsack who does nothing, and Rosalie's still just kind of a b*tch. There is no development, no growth, for any of these characters. By story's end, Bella is exactly the same as when the first book began; she's a martyr, a hypocrite and a self-absorbed brat. Worse, even, because now she's preternaturally beautiful.

The ultimate example of the lack of character growth in Twilight comes in the fourth book, as Bella is dying from being consumed from the inside by her hellchild. It is implied--very strongly implied--that the second Bella croaks, Edward is going to fly back to Italy to commit suicide-by-mafia. Which, if you'll recall, was the driving point of the second book's "climax." Two books later, and Edward is still having the same reaction to the notion of his girlfriend's wife's death--suicide.

Because he learned nothing from his experience the last time.

Because he obviously still considers it the only rational recourse.

And we, the readers, are supposed to coo because it's beautiful and romantic? No. It's stupid and selfish, and he should have learned by now that it isn't the right thing to do. And yet he hasn't.

No growth. No development. These characters are static, unchanging, from one end of the series to the other.

It goes without saying that Buffy, penned under the skilled hand of Joss Whedon, does not have this difficulty.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 7/2/2010, 2:08 pm

Emphatically agreed on all counts my good Snake. And though that little tirade was quiet what I had hoped to spawn upon originally posting the comparison, as I've grown to think on it more it has dawned upon me, that, while Buffy is the obviously superior of the two, they seem to be cut from nearly the same cloth, and clearly court the same audience.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 7/2/2010, 10:18 pm

I've never sat down and read or watched twilight for myself, so i'm pretty impartial towards it. I know some pepole who hate it(Mostly guys)and some people who like it. I have seen maybe a scene or two of the movie new moon, and I thought it was incredibly cheesy. But it was only one scene, so I can't say I hate the entire saga. But judging from that one scene, I can see why so many people have such profound aversions to the twilight saga.

Now I have seen SOME buffy the vampire slayer episodes. I enjoyed the ones I saw. I doubt I could enjoy twilight the same way I did buffy. So I gotta say buffy is better than twilight.
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 7/2/2010, 11:19 pm

the twilight saga.

That name is a misnomer. Twilight is not a saga.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 7/6/2010, 3:44 pm

Meh. Twilight Series.

Random Blurb

Money is outrageously overrated. There are a lot of things you can't buy with it. To name a few:

-Happiness
-Love
-Friendship
-Trust
-Peace
-Self-Confidence

Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 7/6/2010, 4:13 pm

Money is a game... you always play by the rules.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 7/6/2010, 6:47 pm

Also the ability to buy peace & self confidence is debatable.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 7/7/2010, 1:42 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:Also the ability to buy peace & self confidence is debatable.

You can bribe people to leave you alone, and pay for classes on how to improve your self-image or courage.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 7/9/2010, 1:37 pm

Depends on the type of peace. You can buy a peace offering, but I don't think any amount of money on the world will buy you peace of mind.

pay for classes on how to improve your self-image or courage.

Warning. What I am about to say is mildy exaggerated:

Thats like buying a fork to eat pasta with. Yes, you may have the fork, but the pasta isn't going to magically float into your mouth. You still have to pick up the fork, twirl the pasta around it and eat it.
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 7/9/2010, 1:46 pm

True, but if you have a really awesome fork with gold inland jewels auto-temperature sensor, solid titanum prongs and voice activated food-fan, maybe you don't have to worry about other people criticizing your horrible buck teeth. Razz
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 7/9/2010, 1:58 pm

True, but if you have a really awesome fork with gold inland jewels auto-temperature sensor, solid titanum prongs and voice activated food-fan, maybe you don't have to worry about other people criticizing your horrible buck teeth.

Touche. But if you if are just plain URR-GLY, then you need to wear a bag on your head to spare the rest of society from looking at your incredibly butt-ugly face. It's the noble thing to do, cuz BEAUTY IZN'T SKIN DEEP: ITS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS, SO ALL URR-GLY PEOPLE NEED TO GO HIDE UNDER A ROCK AND SHOW SOME GRACE TO THE REST OF US NOT URR-GLY, NIGH-SEXY, MID-BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE. WE DON'T NEED TO BE AFFLICTED WITH THE SIGHT OF YOUR URR-GLY FACES, GOTDARNIT!!! OH, AND IF YOU HATE ON US BEAUTIFUL, NOT URR-GLY PEOPLE THEN YOU'D BE EVEN URR-GLIER, CUZ HATE MAKES YOU URR-GLY AND THEN THE ONLY WAY TO BE BEAUTIFUL IS IF YOU GET PLASTIC SURGERY. BUT ANYWAY, THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE!! THINKING THEY CAN FIT IN WITH THE REST OF US LOOKING LIKE DAWN OF THE DEAD ON A BAD HAIRDAY INSTEAD OF LOOKING LIKE BENON-CE OR BRAD PITT OR SOMEONE WHO'S HAD SURGICAL WORK DONE ON THEIR ALMOST SHY OF URR-GLY FACES. Razz
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 7/9/2010, 5:40 pm

Random Blurb

Be careful of who you ridicule and who you ostracize. You might need them later on.

Very Happy
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 7/10/2010, 5:47 pm

So our treatment of King and his crew might one day come back to bite us?
That seems...

Unlikely.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 7/10/2010, 7:47 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:So our treatment of King and his crew might one day come back to bite us?
That seems...

Unlikely.

Mykan's bunch hates him.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next