DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Chat

+27
Corvus31
Dracula Marth
TheMoodieSwede
Ravenisawesome
Raevien
SnowFallsSlow
rockfan101
Azrael
RustleXer
hotspot
Rinisa
albedo2191
redeagle321
Vandal
Thecrazykid3649
TheDeceiverGod
EllaMila1
ebilcupcake
Music_Hero2779
archiesangel
Xenophobic Sponge
Fishing4Infinity
Luck
Naked Snake
Rain
Terra
Riaaanna
31 posters

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

Random Chat - Page 16 Empty Re: Random Chat

Post by TheDeceiverGod 7/10/2010, 8:05 pm

All the more reason why it is unlikely for us to one day need him.

But shifting gears for a second.

Why don't we have cyborgs? I mean, we have machines that are more-or-less able to perform numerous functions of the human body far more reliably than our natural organic systems. Not to mention machines by their very nature last longer than organic parts, and require less specific circumstances to maintain proper functioning.

I'd be totally willing to swap out my stomach for a mechanical one that was able to break down virtually anything I eat, from complex sugars to simple proteins. I mean, I'd no longer have to watch my diet, not that I do terribly much at is it, but being able to eat whatever I want and derive energy from it would be sweet. Plus no worrying about stomach parasites, ulsters or any other kind of stomach-central-aliment. So what if I have to chug a bottle of lubricant once a week. For that kind of benefit it seems like a small price to pay.

Not to mention I'd love to be able to plug my hand/brain into a computer and make it type exactly what I want it to. They have machines which can already read 'up' and 'down' off the brains of people in comas. I think they can even read left and right too. So the people if they wanna take forever, and are in the right kind of coma, or paralysis (second thought I think it's only paralyzed people.) they can type out messages to their loved ones.

But I don't even know of anyone who is actively pursuing cyberization as a research goal?

Why don't I have robot hands yet?!
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Music_Hero2779 7/10/2010, 9:30 pm

Why don't I have robot hands yet?!
Cuz our lives aren't that cool enough yet for people to have kick-ass robot hands. Just wait until the world is rid of Team Edward and Jacob and Mykan doesn't have a bum for a head. Then, you'll have your robo-hands my friend!
Music_Hero2779
Music_Hero2779

http://www.kaminthestars.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 7/10/2010, 10:05 pm

So our treatment of King and his crew might one day come back to bite us?

I meant people you know in real life, not online. Razz

But who knows? It may seem unlikely, but it ain't impossible. You reap what you sow. What you give someone can be what someone else might just give you. What goes around comes back around and bites you in the keister.

TTIME FOR AN ANECDOTE:

One time, my geometry teacher's soon-to-be girlfriend (they weren't even dating) was treated disrespectfully and rudely by some guy. He never forgot what the guy said to his girlfriend (before she became his girlfriend). A few years later, that same guy got an interview to work at disneyworld, I believe. And the person who interviewed him was none other than my geometry teacher. (who worked at disney at the time) what are the odds he'd be interviewed by a person who happened to be vengeful because of a few words exchanged a few years prior? He didn't get the job, needless to say.

So you see, there is a consequence for everything you do. In this case, it was a job at disney.

Last edited by Thecrazykid3649 on 7/10/2010, 10:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

https://www.youtube.com/thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 7/10/2010, 10:09 pm

Oh no! Geometry teachers working for Disney?! What is the world coming tooooooooooooooooooo?! Now whenever I watch a Disney film, math, logic, sense and *shudders* knowledge will be placed into my cranium! If their next film is about math, then there is no hope left in this world!
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 7/10/2010, 10:16 pm

What do you mean next film?
Donald Duck in Mathmagic Land
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 7/10/2010, 10:18 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Don't go in there Donald Duck! There be learning within those hallowed walls DX!
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 7/10/2010, 10:19 pm

Fishing4Karma wrote:Oh no! Geometry teachers working for Disney?! What is the world coming tooooooooooooooooooo?! Now whenever I watch a Disney film, math, logic, sense and *shudders* knowledge will be placed into my cranium! If their next film is about math, then there is no hope left in this world!

He was working for disney before he became my geometry teacher. o.o
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel 7/11/2010, 5:04 pm

What a weird combo...
archiesangel
archiesangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 7/25/2010, 2:28 pm

Harry Potter or Twilight?
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Raevien 7/25/2010, 3:13 pm

Harry Potter.

Twilight is an abomination to literature and an insult to our intelligence. T__T It also promotes abusive relationships.
I hate it. And I hate it passionately.
Raevien
Raevien

http://reavien.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 7/25/2010, 5:15 pm

Fishing4Karma wrote:Harry Potter or Twilight?

I choose the third option.

Death.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Raevien 7/25/2010, 5:54 pm

Naked Snake wrote:
Fishing4Karma wrote:Harry Potter or Twilight?

I choose the third option.

Death.

Now, see, no one told me about that option.
Raevien
Raevien

http://reavien.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel 7/27/2010, 6:48 pm

XD
archiesangel
archiesangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 7/28/2010, 1:21 pm

Random Blurb

''Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me.''

I disagree. Words can hurt. Harsh words can make a person suicidal. If pleasant words are sweet to the soul, harsh words are just the opposite.

Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 7/28/2010, 1:23 pm

Sticks and stones hurt a lot more though
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 7/28/2010, 1:25 pm

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:I disagree. Words can hurt. Harsh words can make a person suicidal. If pleasant words are sweet to the soul, harsh words are just the opposite.

I'm of the opinion that if someone insulting you is able to cut you so deeply, then either that person has an unhealthy amount of influence on you, or you're just weak-willed. It's one thing to take offense at someone's insults, but it's quite another to let it affect you on a powerful level.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 7/28/2010, 1:58 pm

Whatever the case, be it someone is weak-willed or has very low self-esteem, words do have an effect, be it positive or negative. Not everyone is strong enough to take harsh words or verbal abuse and let it roll off their backs like water on a duck. If your told you are worthless by your own parents, will it not hurt? I think the whole sticks and stones saying is just something said to delude people into thinking they have, or can have, a shell so tough that it will make them numb to the venomous words of someone else's mouth. Some might have that shell. But not everyone. However, i think we have the propensity to disparage words so we don't have to concede to the power and effect they can have on us. But what do I know? I just like speculating.

Last edited by Thecrazykid3649 on 7/28/2010, 3:11 pm; edited 4 times in total
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by SnowFallsSlow 7/28/2010, 2:39 pm

Maybe it's that principle of "If I tell other people this lie often enough, I'll start to believe it." If, say, you were the only one in your classroom who wasn't colorblind, and the other kids told you every day you had the colors wrong, soon, you'd start to believe them.

So, if you were the only one who thought you had any worth, and everyone else told you often exactly how worthless they thought you were, you'd likely have second thoughts.

So, maybe it's quantity over quality?
SnowFallsSlow
SnowFallsSlow
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel 7/28/2010, 9:20 pm

Agreed well said, Snow.
archiesangel
archiesangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravenisawesome 7/29/2010, 3:43 am

Basically with that saying, this is how I see it. Words do hurt, obviously not physically but mentally. Those words could lead to one harming themselves, and obviously that's painful. Ignoring the words could help in some cases, but it could make matters worse. :\
Ravenisawesome
Ravenisawesome

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 7/29/2010, 6:32 pm

Word can only hurt you if you allow them to. People will always act in their own interests first and foremost this is a natural law of behavior, and though yes, there are exceptions, such true exceptions a few and far between.

If someone calls you an outcast than call them a fool and ignore their judgment. What good does it do to be hailed as the king if it brings you no happiness? What good is praise if it rings hollow? Better to be cast a criminal and happy than hailed a hero and miserable.

So why let the judgment of others effect you? What good does their bias do for you? No matter you actions you will never be able to control the opinions of other people, no matter who you are or what you do people will always do and act as they desire. So if they desire to insult you then they will find a way to do so, and nothing you ever do will be able to sway them otherwise. You have control over only one life, you have power over only your actions, so what good is served in acting as others would like if it works to make you unhappy? Your choice is to either bear their scorn and enjoy what happiness you can find through your own actions, or continue to labor as They like and suffer through misery of your own making.

People are fools, they deserve only what respect they can earn, and no man has ever earned true respect through the denigration of others.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 7/31/2010, 12:29 pm

I like discussing random stuff with y'all. =)

How words can affect you all depends on what kind of person you are. Some people have learned to let what other say about them go through one ear and out the other and some let it go through the ear and into the heart. The principle of whether words can effect you or not is not based solely on how much you let it. For example, its not your choice to decide if a knife in the back will hurt or not. Its not always a choice for us to decide if what someone said will hurt or not. Sometimes it just does, no matter how strong you think you are. Everyone has that sensitive spot somewhere in their heart because no one on earth is a totallly, completely unfeeling individual. (Well, maybe Hitler and the like.) Some have that protective shell, made out of self-esteem and confidence in who they are, that protects them from the verbal venom of anothers mouth. This fact doesn't add to or subtract from the significance of spiteful words. It just means some are stronger than others. Because of the fact that many are subject to the effect of harsh words, its debatable to disparage words as just words.

Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 7/31/2010, 1:49 pm

Age has a lot to do with it too. Children and teenagers are much more likely to be effected by what people say to them, because their brains and sense of self are still developing. Once most people reach adulthood, they tend to stop caring what Joe Nobody has to say about them. Hell I don't think I personally matured to that point fully until I was a couple of years in my twenties. Your mileage may vary though.

I, of course, am basing this on people you don't know saying things to you. It's a completely different story with loved ones. Doesn't matter if you're 16 or 60, a significant other or family member calling you worthless or something can still sting hard.

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 8/2/2010, 11:32 am

RANDOM BLURB

Its strange how a really bad thing can sometimes work out for your good. Take african slavery for example. It was a horrible, cruel, inhumane thing. But if my ancestors were not enslaved and brought to America, I would probably be in Africa right now, dying of starvation and surrounded with an AIDS epidemic.
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 8/2/2010, 3:09 pm

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:RANDOM BLURB

Its strange how a really bad thing can sometimes work out for your good. Take african slavery for example. It was a horrible, cruel, inhumane thing. But if my ancestors were not enslaved and brought to America, I would probably be in Africa right now, dying of starvation and surrounded with an AIDS epidemic.

Oh good lord, this again. *facepalm*

Not long ago, I got into a shouting match with my girlfriend because she implied that Africa was better off under Colonial rule. Of course, she was incredibly PMSy and angry at the time, so I don't think much of it, but at the time I was pissed. I get that's not what you're saying, but damn if it doesn't come dangerously close to pushing my berserk button.

If your ancestors hadn't been enslaved and brought to America, you wouldn't exist in the first place. Your existence hinges on a series of key meetings, factors and situations over the centuries that passed between your ancestors' migration and your birth, and a completely different scenario (like, say, your ancestors staying in Africa rather than crossing the pond to America) than the one that occurred to bring about your existence. Thus, you wouldn't be around to muse on the irony of missing out on starvation and death by AIDS.

If the United States had never gone to war with Mexico, I wouldn't exist either.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next