DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Darkest of Knights

+5
Tizmael
Corvus31
redeagle321
Vandal
Fishing4Infinity
9 posters

Page 17 of 36 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 36  Next

Go down

The Darkest of Knights - Page 17 Empty Re: The Darkest of Knights

Post by Vandal 5/19/2010, 5:09 pm

Alice smiled brightly at her, "Of course Nicole." She said handing her the bag. "Believe me, Dick wouldn't want anyone else to be their Robin other than you." She assured her as Nicole was looking through the greasy paper bag, "I think he would know because..." Nicole took out one taco. "Because he was the first Robin. He knows what it takes."
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/19/2010, 5:16 pm

"He doesn't think you're a fail!" Alice said half confused where she got the idea. "Dick loves you! I thought you knew that." Alice said sipping her coffee again. "He made that suit for you, he wants you to wear it proudly." She added.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/19/2010, 5:53 pm

(I've completely abandoned Astro. I feel bad for him xD Dx )

Astro stumbled through Gotham. It wasn't that he was tired, more frustrated. Batman, killed. Gone. Permanently. Of course, if Astro found the body, he could heal it....kind of. But it didn't matter. The explosion had been too much, the Bat's body never could have survived. So now what could he do?

His whole reason for being in this new city was to help and stop the villains. Batman seemed to be the only one he had ever seen. And now, now what? Perhaps...I should just pack up and leave.... he thought lamely, grumbling past confused civilians.
"......He couldn't have died."
"Dent said he believes in the bat. What the hell is that supposed to mean?"
"....And she helped during the Seven Days that Shook The World..."
"....Find the body..."
"Collecting the sixty million..."

Snippets of conversation reached his ears as he walked. "There must be something to do." he mumbled anxiously.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/19/2010, 6:52 pm

Alice laughed, "He can't sew two threads together for his life!" Seeing her smile gave Alice a warm feeling, she even felt bubbly. "Why are you calling Wintergreen Wintermint?"

The Riddler popped in with a newspaper. "Ding dong! Guess who!" He asked cheerfully. "Looks like we have ourselves a new mission gang!" He smiled. "Don't call us that." The Scarecrow glared. "What has a heart that does not beat, a body that has a bount-" "Shut up with your damn riddles Ed!" The Scarecrow barked. The Riddler went over and tore of The Scarecrow's mask. "Well gee, Jon!" He said throwing the paper on the desk. "They say the bat is dead." The Riddler said. "Hey! Gimmie back my mask!" The Riddler threw that at him as well. "Get the corpse get the money. What do you think?" The Riddler asked.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/19/2010, 7:22 pm

Astro sighed. On the slim chance Batman had survived that horrific explosion, he'd search. One more time. Ducking into an alley and releasing his soul, he began the astral projection....
===
"Oh great. The bat supposedly 'died'." Poison Ivy snorted, taking the newspaper and reading it herself. Cyrah? Shooting the Batman? She had heard of heroes arguing before, but to the death? Nope. It must have been a set up. A grand one, but a set up. The Cyrah she had seen was attached to Karmy, who in turn was friends with Alice, who was friends with Batman. All connected. It must have been a stage to get the money.
"But, we won't stop searching." she sneered when she explained this all to the other tricky villains surrounding her. Surely, they had figured it out, too.
===
Astro phased into the warehouse just as Poison Ivy began her explanation. Other heroes! Working to catch Batman! Surely, they would accept him into their leagues. I don't even want the money. I'd just be an extra hand. he figured. How could they turn down help that wouldn't cost them a single cent? It was a perfect idea. Especially because of his growing lonliness. Working with other heroes was just what he needed right now. A grin was painted onto that soul as it began it's way back to it's body.

(Did PI figure it out too fast? I will edit, if needed.)
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/19/2010, 7:31 pm

(No its cool.)

"So we can either come up with a body..." The Scarecrow thought as soon as the projection of Astro left. "Or really kill the Bat." He finished. "Riddle me this.." "No, I'm trying to think here!" "God!! You're no fun! Fine then, I was about to suggest we search Wayne Manor." The Riddler said. "Why there?" Scarecrow asked. "Bruce Wayne was the LAST Batman. Maybe he lives under the same roof." Riddler explained.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/19/2010, 7:39 pm

As Nicole walked, a figure followed her, careful not to be seen. Their footsteps matched as they walked, but Nicole had yet to notice the person. They knew who Nicole was, they knew what she was capable of and who she was connected to. The Batman.

"Batsy bats." the figure whispered, but before Nicole could turn around, they were gone. A light rain began to fall and Nicole had to duck into the forest for a short cut as to not get too wet. The rain clouds made the forest seem much darker, considering it was Gotham.

"Where can the poor Robin go?" came a mixed voice from behind Nicole. She spun around but so no one.

"Oh how you fly so high my dear Robin!" it came from above her but again she saw nothing.

"Where does the Robin fly to?" to her right.

Nicole withdrew her com-link. "Dick!" she shouted into it.

"Where can the Robin fly?" behind her.

"Can the Robin fly?" to her left.

"Spread your wings my dear Robin." she couldn't tell where it came from.

Suddenly someone tapped her on her shoulder. She spun around and saw a glimpse of a 'chesire' smile before something heavy smashed into her head and everything went black. A shadowy figure stood over her, a bloodied hammer in its hands.

"Or you will fall." Lightening flashed, and the figure was gone. Leaving Nicole on the ground, blood pooling around her head. The hammer dropped 'carelessly' next to her.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/19/2010, 7:40 pm

Poison Ivy seemed to consider this. Over the last two years, she had seen the Riders hanging around Wayne Manor once in awhile. It would fit. "Maybe. It's not too bad an idea." she pondered aloud.
===
Astro, in his sluggish, just waking up feeling after astral projection, dashed through the streets of the city. Crashing into bystanders, choking out sorries, tripping over items he'd usually see, such and such, because of his rush. He tried to recall the steps he taken. Street turns. "Almost there." he breathed, staggering up after tripping over a fire hydrant.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/19/2010, 8:07 pm

Dick walked downstairs to visit Barbara again, his communicator was by her bedside. He never expected to leave her side for so long. He ran into Alice, "Oh, hey." Alice said. "Hi." Dick said walking still. "So uhh, I told Nicole she could go visit Ryan..." She said to him. "How did she do on her last test?" Dick asked monotonously. "She passed with flying colors and she finished her homework." Alice boasted. "Good.. I'm going to visit Babs." He told her. "But, you've been with her all day... You should get some rest. I'll watch over her." She said. "I want to." Dick replied back. They quietly walked down the steps.

When they got to the Medical Bay they saw Barbara on the floor. "Barb!!" Dick yelled in astonishment. "Barb what happened!?" He asked rushing to her to pick her up. "Nicole!" She forced out. "I was.. Your communicator. I was trying to get it..." She winced in pain. "What...?" He asked. Alice picked up the communicator. "She's in trouble!" Dick was in horror. He rested Barbara back on the table and got up. "Make sure she's okay. I'm going after Robin." He said marching out to get into his Batsuit.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/19/2010, 8:26 pm

Ivy smiled and nodded. "Food would be good." To his next question she gave a small shrug. "Who's to ever know the future? Unless, while getting your tan, you became a psychic as well." she teased.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/19/2010, 8:53 pm

Batman boomed in the Batmobile, he was reaching 210, he had a location blinking on the GPS. He reached the destination and flipped out. There was sure to be several people who saw the Batmobile, he didn't care, he needed to save his daughter. "Nicole?! Nicole??" He called out cupping his mouth. "Nicole! Where are you!?"
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/19/2010, 9:01 pm

"Oh that was brilliant!" The Mad Hatter danced. "After a blow like that, there is no WAY that she will live!" he looked up at the screen, he still had eyes on Nicole. A voice suddenly came over the loud speaker. He could hear and see everything his 'pawn' was seeing. "The Batman.." he hissed. "Hmm.. She has no chance of living anyways." he pushed a button on the control panel and the figure was gone. "It has begun." he whispered to himself.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/19/2010, 9:04 pm

"Nicole!" He screamed as he lay eyes on her. He ran over to her picking her up. "Oh my god... what the hell happened?" He said picking up the girl quickly and running to the Batmobile. Shouldn't have left her alone.. dammit! He placed her in the Batmobile and again blasted away. "HANG ON NICOLE!"
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/19/2010, 9:40 pm

They reached the Batcave and Batman picked Nicole and rushed her to the first floor, the medical bay. "Wintergreen!" He screamed and he came down quickly. "My word! What happened?" He asked. "No time, she needs to get treated, now! They moved Barbara into a separate clinic room. Wintergreen being an experienced war medic was making quick work of Nicole's injuries. "Man... everyone in my family is getting attacked." Dick thought in front of the computer. Alice rested a hand on Dick's shoulder. "She'll be alright." She assured him. "Goddammit." Dick said, tears forming in his eyes, "What if this is her last day on Earth?"
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/19/2010, 9:57 pm

Raven reached the Titan's Tower, a scanner scanned her pupils. "Password required." A robotic voice sounded. Raven sighed, why Cyborg made it so hard to get into Titan's Tower these days was beyond her. "Subspace." She said and the doors swung open. She hovered over to the common room where Cyborg and Red Robin were hanging out, she put her hands on her hips. "Why are you still playing videogames?" She asked Cyborg. "What're you talkin' about Rae?" Cyborg asked. "Yeah, nothing wrong with a little game." Red Robin said. Raven rolled her eyes, "No, I mean you were playing games when I left. You're playing games now." Raven said impatiently. "Well the trouble alarm never sounded." Cyborg complained. "I'm surrounded by idiots." Raven muttered. She walked in front of the television screen and picked up the game system. "Yo Raven! I'm about to kick Red Robin's butt!" Cyborg griped. "Oh you wish Cy!" Red Robin retorted, then Raven completely dismantled the system and destroyed the game disk. "You two are so childish. Cyborg, you're 35 years old. Aren't you ashamed?" She asked him. "About what?" Raven lifted the hood from her face and took a seat. "Did you even hear the news?"

"News about what?"
"Are you serious?"
"Uhh, I don't even know what we're talking about."
"Did you hear anything from Batman?"
"You mean Nightwing?"
"I mean Batman, Nightwing is Batman now."
"Oh right. No, why?"
"Ugh, they're saying he killed the Commissioner."
"Oh... wow, what was his name?"
"Gordon. Jim Gordon."
"Did you have the chance to talk to him about it?"
"Are you kidding me? I would be lucky if I could get a glimpse of him, even in the Batcave."
"Did you check the Batcave?"
"No."
"Did you call him?"
"Only like a thousand times."
"Should we go and check it out?"
"And leave the entire city to Red Robin. Yeah, that's the smartest idea I've ever heard Cyborg."
"Red Robin?"

Red Robin looked at them, threw down the controller and stood up triumphantly, "Don't worry Lady and Gentleman, you can trust me!" A dorky smile spread across his face, Cyborg and Raven looked at each other for a minute in contemplation. "No." They both said simultaneously. "Well what about the Titans? We could give Beast Boy a call and-.." "We're the only ones who even spends a moment tocare about the Titans anymore." Raven interrupted, "Lets face it Cyborg; we're all thats left." She sighed. They stood up to look out the window. "Jump City only has three heroes to watch over the city now."

Last edited by Mercy on 5/20/2010, 12:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/19/2010, 11:05 pm

Wintergreen ran out of the room where Robin was, "I'll be right back sir!" he shouted back to Dick. "I just need to grab something from the equipment room!" and he took off down the halls. The storm out side began to pick up and thunder and lightening crashed as rain pelted the mansion. A flash of lightening lit of the halls and a figure appeared, watching Wintergreen run. Another flash, and it was gone.

"Tic tac tic."

Wintergreen ran into the equipment room and twitched on the lights. Or, so he thought he did. Looking over the switch, he saw that it was up, and yet no light shined in the room. "Storm must have blown a fuse." he muttered to himself. He didn't have time to fix it so he let the light from the hall be his guide.

The door shut.

"Wintergreen." came a mixed voice, echoing through closed room.

"How the snow falls slow upon your aged leaves." something clattered to the ground behind Wintergreen. He turned around and saw one of Robins staffs on the ground.

"You had your time in the sun." footsteps could be heard, but they echoed, making it hard for Wintergreen to place them.

"How glorious it must have been to be so lush and green." Wintergreen's eyes widened slightly. He wondered to himself if this person knew about his life in the green berets.

"Now you sit and wait." the voice said.

"Watching as the seeds grow and thrive." a rustling sound came from the room. They were looking for something..

"While you whither." A whistling sound suddenly filled the air and Wintergreen felt a stabbing pain in his chest. The door to the room opened again, spilling the room with rays of light. Wintergreen looked down at his chest. A Baterang protruded from his chest, blood already spilling down his uniform. Falling to his knees, he looked up to see a shadowed figure before him. A chesire smile was the only thing seen in the meager light.

"And die."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 5/20/2010, 7:40 am

Slade sweaated bullets untill Raven was well gone. In his current condition, he couldn't pray to hold a candle to her. Not yet, anyways. After what seemed like an eternity, Raven left, and Slade ventured out of his hiding spot in Mame's suit. "Perhaps we should get a move on." Slade suggested, eager to be gone in case she came back.

Once they had left the train station and gone into the city, Slade gave Mame instructions where to go, the city becoming increasingly deserted untillt hey came to the eerie tech district, where his old Haunt used to be. It had since been demolished, paved over and turned into some warehouse of some kind. Oh well...

But Slade directed her even further out of the city, towards the outskirts of town, where a large harbor warehouse was. It was poorly gaurded, so him and Mame sneaked in almost effortlessly. He had hid his drones here years ago, and as time had come on gone, nobody had probably noticed the crates that had been there all those years.

Sure enough, nobody had. Slade didn't even wait- he pried the top off one of the crates with his pincers, and left the drones fall out like limp dolls. After all these years, only a handful remained in his possesion, but it wasn't the hunchbacked, apeish ones he was after... no, it was one of his look-alikes he needed.

And as luck would have it he had one in with the other drones. Slade turned to Mame after he had hauled the limp look-alike over to her. "I have something I need you to do, my dear- this drone is similar to me in many aspects, so it can function as a makeshift body for me to train you with. But first..." He withdrew soem tools he had in the crate, for when the drones required maintenence. "...Some changes will need to be made. I need you to follow my close instruction..." He said, and began to tell mame what to do, crimping wires and adjusting armor plates.

The process, overall, was relativeley quick, and when it was done, Slade wasted no time- he scurried inside the small alcove of the suit. He willed the drone to get up and move, to respond to hsi thoughts as they did those eyars aso when he used neural implants. Thought became deed- the new metal body rose to it's feet, and closed the panel the true spider body was concealed in. "Ahhhh.... it feels so good to be back."
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/20/2010, 7:57 am

Dick sat at the computer, the large screen was lit up with head injuries and internal bleeding. He was searching for recovery tactics, he glanced at the time. He thought for a moment, "Wait... Where's Wintergreen?" He asked. Alice on a laptop turned to him asking "Didn't he go get something in the Equipment Room?" "Yeah, but its been nearly ten minutes." Dick said getting up to check on him.

Walking down those darkened halls he found his butler, still alive, staggering towards him. Dick ran to aide him, "Alice!" He screamed to her. "Alice, keep Nicole and Barbara safe! There's a murderer in the Batcave!" He said picking up his butler and hurrying to the medical bay.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus31 5/20/2010, 8:32 am

Expecting the two blasts to collide with metalo's, Crimson and nano braced themsevles for a clash of the two attacks. As soon as the beam struck, the brothers, to their confusion, easily blew it aside and when the blasts dissapated, Metalo was nowhere in sight. "Splippery little...." Nano growled. "Every villan in gotham is like some freaking ninja!"
Corvus31
Corvus31

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/20/2010, 9:22 am

Batman stood in front of everyone in the Batcave. Wintergreen was in the Medical Bay being treated by Alice, and everyone except for Karmy who was still asleep sat around a round table. Ivy, Luna, Zero, Casius, and Cyrah stat before him like knights of the round table. "I would like to inform all of you that there has been a murder attempt on my family. Both Robin and Wintergreen had been attacked, one out of the Batcave, one inside. I've put the Batcave on lockdown, no one else knows the password or the number code to the Batcave. Alice was with me at the time of the attack, and the time of the attack. Karmy had been passed out for the last several hours and so the killer is in this room." Batman crossed his arms. "Well? Is someone going to confess and tell me who attcked my daughter and my butler? Or am I going to have to interview each and every one of you?" Batman's detective skills began to really show in the eyes of his audience.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 5/20/2010, 9:56 am

Casius squinted. "You sure you're just not flipping out? I mean, it WAS a batarang lodged in the butler, right? And come to think of it, I don't recall ever changing my mind about you being the culprit of the original murder. Killer in this room? Yeah, I don't doubt that." Casius said, training his gaze on Batman. Did he appreciate his hospitality lately? Yes. Did he trust him? No way. Cyrah elbowed Casius. "Shut up, the last thing we need is infighting." Cyrah said, but she too saw his point- it was just a little too suspicious that another person had been found with Batman's paraphanalia in them, but they had to count that anyone could have snuck into the batcave and swiped his stuff. Unlikely, but possible. "Blind accusations aren't going to be getting us anywhere- Karmy is passed out, and neither dad nor I were anywhere close to green or Nicole when they were atacked." Cyrah said. "And us and the new guy weren't around there either." Zero added.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/20/2010, 10:22 am

"Well Casius, the Batarang was stolen from my case of loose expendables. No fingerprints on it of course, but just to be sure, I need to know where everyone was at 2:34 pm. I need witnesses and everything." Batman said pulling out a notepad and pen. "I want to know who invited this new guy here anyway." He said, glaring at the Riders.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 5/20/2010, 11:17 am

"Then you might want to not leave your toys laying around." Cassius said, not entirely beleiving Batman's story. "I was hung over in the living room." Casius said, suspicion lacing his tone. Cyrah shrugged. "I was getting ready to go out and walk around the town." She said blandly. "Yeah, I was with them and the newbie- still trying to figure out the details my self." He said to Batman.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus31 5/20/2010, 11:17 am

"Well, now that metalo's gone what do we do now?" Crimson asked.
"I don't know" Nano said. "Maybe we can go back to the wayne manor and ask that butler we saw before if he knows anything about him."
"Good idea" Crimson replied. "But let's go back home and rest."

After a quick rest, Nano and Crimson headed off for the famed wayne manor. they approached the door, Crimson rang the bell and waited for someone to answer.
Corvus31
Corvus31

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/20/2010, 11:49 am

(No one is even in the mansion)

Batman was getting tired of Casius' remarks, he approached him. "I only know its not you because you drank so much of my beer you would have been too hung over to kill anyone. I didn't kill him because I was on the computer loking for recovery tactics for Nicole and Barbara with Alice. Plus he's my damn butler, if I didn't want him I'd fire him, not kill him. Sarah, Zero and John still have alibis. I'm waiting to hear from you two." Batman uttered to the girls.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 36 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 36  Next