DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Darkest of Knights

+4
Fishing4Infinity
albedo2191
Vandal
redeagle321
8 posters

Page 17 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

The Darkest of Knights - Page 17 Empty Re: The Darkest of Knights

Post by Fishing4Infinity 7/8/2010, 1:17 pm

Still sitting on the roof, Karmy took out a box of M-1000s from her bag and searched around for a light. After she found one match and Alice's zippo, which she was keeping in her special pocket. Looking at the two, she shrugged and placed the match between her teeth while light one of the M's and tossing it off the roof. Seeing as the mansion was so high, the firecracker would go off a little bit before hitting the ground.

Last edited by Fishing4Karma on 7/8/2010, 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 7/8/2010, 1:27 pm

The explosion made Alice drop to the floor and cover her head. Noticing the window wasn't shattered and no bullet passed through she got up confused. She opened up her window and looked outside. Nothing, Alice looked up and saw a pair of legs dangling about. "Hey! Karmy! What was that?"
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 7/8/2010, 1:34 pm

(Lol they're not that loud XD)

"Morning Al." Karmy waved to her and lit another one, still holding the match in her mouth. "Oh nothing, just messing around. Same ol' same ol'." Instead of dropping the firecracker, she tossed it away from the house. "Didn't wake you up did I?"
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 7/8/2010, 1:39 pm

"No you didn't-" The firecracker blew up. "Ugh.. you didn't wake me up. What are you doing?" Alice asked.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 7/8/2010, 1:42 pm

Cyrah was slung over the couch, in a way most inglorious and unladylike. During her recharge cycle, she had a dream......

She was in a business suit, at a desk. On the table, a nameplate that said ' CITY OF METROPOLIS, MAYOR SARAH C. ROPER.' There were papers stacked right up to heaven, and in her hand some thick, tar- like, caffine heavy drink that would probably power Karmy for a year. Across from her, a door entered, and a tall man entered the door.

The man was none other then her trusted wingman, one Vic Stone, aka Cyborg. Sarah looked up from the stack. Her gaze rested not on him, but on the small girl that bolted from behind him and latched onto her pantleg. "Hey Jayay!" Sarah said, her heart skipping a beat as she scooped up the child, scars running up and down her thin arms as the shild looked at her with bright green eyes. "How did the hearing go?" She asked Cyborg with anticipation. his reply was to the point. "Papers went through without a hitch. Congrats Ms. Mayor, Jayjay is now legaly your daughter."

Cyrah shot awake when a beeper went off, indicating her charge cycle was complete. She yanked the cord out and rubbed her eye. What a strange dream. She decided she might as well go find Karms and see if she was still in the doghouse or not.

She sloughed out to the kitchen and saw wintergreen and Nicole. "Mornin'. Either of you seen Karm runin' around here?" She asked, still sleepy.

Cassius heard Dick belting out questions as a billion miles an hour. "Slow down, loverboy. She's going to be ok. Vitals seem good and they're runing more tests to be certaint. But I think you'll be most interested to know who the perpetrator was." Cassius said, recalling the familiar S that was slashed into the cape. He knew it would enrage Greyson, but he had a right to know Slade was on the warpath, in case he didn't already.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 7/8/2010, 1:45 pm

"Bored, care to join me?" Karmy asked shaking the box of explosives. "Nothing else to do right now, everyones off doing something."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 7/8/2010, 1:48 pm

"I believe she's trying to wake up Alice with her fire crackers." Wintergreen said "Would you like some coffee Ma'am?" He offered.

"Just tell me where you are! At your apartment, where? Who was it? What's going on Cas?" Dick questioned darting down with his car into Gotham.

"I'm gonna take a shower first... get off the roof dude!" Alice yelled shutting her window and walking into her bathroom.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 7/8/2010, 1:54 pm

"Ah. Roof. Thanks Greenie." Cyrah said, still a bit zonked. She found a window, opened it, and hot her grapple arm at the roof, hauling herself up to Karmy. "Hey stranger. Sleep well?" She asked with a yawn.

"Chiiiiiiiiiill. We're at Gotham General. Apparently Slade- oh wait, papers from the dummy- doctors." Cassius said. A doctor handed several checkup reports, being the only one present at the moment. The usual stuff, injury reports, the *shudder* bill. Well, he could probably do Greysn a favor and foot that. There was a final paper, however...... "Hahahahahaha!! Oh Greyson, Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyson, I'd but the pedal to the metal if I were you~!" Cassius said, an obvious change in his tone. But it wasn't nesecarily a BAD tone....
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 7/8/2010, 1:57 pm

"Wait, hold on! What is it!? Why are you so happy all of a sudden?! What's going on? Cassius?!" Dick demanded, pushing his luck with the speed limit to Gotham General.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 7/8/2010, 1:59 pm

"About 5 minutes, before Dick head nearly ran me over." Karmy said, tossing another firecracker over Cyrahs head. "You know I'm gonna get you two back for that."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 7/8/2010, 2:09 pm

"Ah chill. we both have a list of things we owe each other for from the past two or so years." Cyrah said, waving it off. "Hey...." Cyrah seemed a bit reluctant to continue. "what's your opinion on dreams?" She asked, the image of the girl called 'Jayjay' still hovering in her mind.

Mortal Keyboards could not contain his rapid urge to type spazmatically wrath. No energy drink could withstand his sleep-deprived rage. No eyelid could resist his urge to twitch uncontrolably as he stared at electronic maps on the computer, frying his eyes from behind his goggles. He was Mathew Xavier Roper. And he hadn't slept a single second the previosu night. He was studying map after map of Metropolis, pinpointing anywhere that could have something as big as an earthquake generator housed there. He probably should have asked before sneaking into the Batbunker while the girls were back at the apartment, But Zero's mind was too crazed for rational thinking right now.....

Cassius mereley laughed. "not my place man, Just get a move on- you'll see why." Casisus said, hanging up abruptly but not maliciously.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 7/8/2010, 2:14 pm

After blowing off the last M1000 in the box, Karmy took it and set it between them and set it on fire. "Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions." she siad, watching the box slowly burn.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 7/8/2010, 2:27 pm

"Farewell." Wintergreen said before Nicole departed. Damian stumbled in the living room. "Where's the.. uhh washing machine?" He asked with Nicole's note in his hands. "Down that hall to last door on the right, go downstairs and take the left hall. The door with the number 8 on it. You can't miss it." Wintergreen said. "Uhh.. thanks." Damian said walking off.

"Ugh.. fine!" He said closing his phone and tossing it to the passenger seat. Speeding over to Gotham General. He made it remarkably fast with only two speeding tickets. He ran over to the the front desk obtaining a room number and dashing upstairs to Barbara's room. He opened the door. "Oh my god..." He said walking up to the bed and Cassius beaming happily at him. "What are you looking at?" He asked bitterly.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 7/8/2010, 2:38 pm

"Take this- I have a feeling you two are about to have a long lover's chat." Cassius said, still maintaining a stupid grin as he handed Greyson a pink peice of paper. He got to his feet and clopped out the door. "I wonder what name they'll pick...." Were his final words and he went out of sight.

"So like, the future and all, huh? Do you have to light things on fire?" Cyrah asked, deep in thought. She clearly wasn't all there, her mind continuing to drift here and there.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 7/8/2010, 2:49 pm

"I am a pyromaniac, Cyssy. Of course I have to light it on fire!" Karmy rolled her eyes. "Who know's, could be. What was the dream about?"
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 7/8/2010, 3:06 pm

Cyrah relayed the details from ehr drain to the letter- from her label as Mayor to Cyborg to the little girl. Oddly, Cyrah continued to blather on about her. She beleived the child strikingly pretty the more she recalled her.

"And that's about it." She said, stretching her metal body out on the roof.

redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 7/8/2010, 3:47 pm

"You were working for the government?" Karmy asked, still keeping her eyes on the burning box. "That's... Huh.."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 7/8/2010, 3:49 pm

09:01 am
11/12/31
41º

Alice walked to the roof in a plain white tee and blue jeans, plopping down next to the two. "Hey gang. What's up?" She asked taking out a nicotine flavored piece of gum and popping it in her mouth. "Want one?" She offered in a joking manner.

Dick sat next to Barbara trying his best to just ignore Cassius entirely. He was grateful that he brought her to the hospital and everything, but something was twisted about that smile. It reminded him of the Joker. Shifting through the papers he saw one word that caught his eye. "Positive" He lowered the papers to look at Barbara's face; eyes closed, breathing slowly, she was beaten pretty bad, Dick took a deep breath. "Barbara?" He asked her to check if she was awake. "Yes Richard." She said softly. "So... we're..." he started. "Pregnant." She finished.

"Wow. I didn't expect that."
"You should expect it after sex."
"Fine then... you should give up the Batsuit."
"So should you pixie boots."
"So... I can refer to you as former-Batgirl again?"
"Not on your life."
"You look like you have a fever."
"I probably do."
Dick kisses Barbara's forehead.
"Yeah, you've got a slight fever."
"Can't stay away from me can you?" Barbara quoted him.
"You wish. You let yourself get beat up by every thug in Gotham and you moan like a little girl." Dick quoted back.
"Slade actually."
A sweep of seriousness flashed over Dick's face.
"Uh.. just forget about him."
"Is that what our Dear Dark Knight thinks about his old arch nemesis now?"
"Let's just forget about that. How are you feeling?"
"Like a million bucks."
"You want me to get you anything?"
"Just... just stay with me. Hold my hand." Barbara extended her hand as best she could. Dick quickly grasped it.
"You know..." she said, "my heart still skips a beat when you do that."
"Probably best not for your heart considering your position."
"So what are we naming him?"
"Could be a her."
"Well assuming our baby is a him, got any name ideas?"
"I'm lost... lets just name our baby Batman if its a boy, Batgirl if its a girl."
"Our child is not gonna be named Batman Grayson!" Barbara smiled.
"Lets just worry about getting you back to health. We can worry about our child later."
Barbara looked into Dick's eyes dizzily. "You look so handsome from here."
"As opposed to anywhere else?"
"I must be delirious."
"Hey!"

They both laughed. Still holding hands.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 7/8/2010, 4:00 pm

"Sure!" Karmy took the piece of gum from Alice, oblivious to what flavor it was, and popped it into her mouth. After a few seconds of chewing she immediately spit it out. "Guh! What flavor is that? Ass?!"
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 7/8/2010, 4:02 pm

"Hey! Nicotine gum is expensive!" Alice rebuked.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 7/8/2010, 4:03 pm

"Yeah, but it taste like ass you ass!" Karmy said back.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 7/8/2010, 4:17 pm

"Hey, I thought you knew." Alice said blowing a bubble, it popped. Karmy could have swore smoke billowed out of the bubble.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 7/8/2010, 4:21 pm

"Yeah yeah yeah.." Karmy, washing down the taste with tofu water. "I'm gonna get you back for this too, even though its my own fault." she grumbled.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 7/8/2010, 4:27 pm

"Usually anything that happens to you is usually your fault Karmy." Alice said leaning back. "And I thought I told you to get off the roof."
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 7/8/2010, 4:30 pm

"Yeah, goernment. But still, I have been thinking.... why not try for a job in law? I mean, we BOTH know what need to be fixed..... why not get up in the ring and try to change it?" She said in thought. It was after this thought that Alice came up and Karmy ate the assgum. She oculdn't help but clap. "Nice, real nice." She said with a light chuckle. "Hey Alice, I don't suppose you know of any books on law that Dick might have laying around, do 'ya?" She asked.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next