DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Darkest of Knights

+2
Vandal
redeagle321
6 posters

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

The Darkest of Knights - Page 10 Empty Re: The Darkest of Knights

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/4/2011, 1:04 am

"I'm never gonna drink coffee ever again..." Karmy promised in a low voice. It was later in the day, so the coffee shop wasn't that busy, they never really were at this time of day. A few people still required the need for coffee though. Karmy didn't notice them of course, she just mainly focused on her beverage, letting the soothing herbs of Sleepytime tea lull her into a sense of relaxation. "Sorry for back in the warehouse.." she looked at Barbara, the bruise from the batarang showing slightly from underneath her headband.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/4/2011, 1:22 am

Barbara shook her head. "That batarang wasn't for you." She explained. "If I hadn't gotten you off of Damian, he wouldnt have hesitated to do severe brain damage to you. I saw his fist swinging at your temples. He's got brass knuckles of his own built into the gloves. You would have been knocked out for a week at most and I know how much you hate sleep. And losing brain cells." Barbara said over her steaming mug of green tea with mint. "Plus... We all lose our temper sometimes."

Leslie walked into the room and saw Alice sleeping with her arm stretched. She saw it was pointing at this broken metallic object, which alone was strange. Leslie picked up the object and put it in Alice's hand, then tucking her arm close to her heart. Maybe there was some hope for Alice after all. She just needs some help getting there.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/4/2011, 1:47 am

"I hate him.." There were actually very few people that Karmy truly hated with every fiber of her being. Dr. Sebastion Foster was at the very top of the list, of course, and Slade being a far second. A lady in south eastern France used to be third, but now Damian had filled that spot. She hated him with a burning passion. "I really.. Really hate.. Him." she muttered, stiffling a yawn.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/4/2011, 1:53 am

"Well you can't choose your family." Barbara said regrettably. "He's going to be my brother in-law soon." She continued to tell her, "and Dick really does think he can change him. Is he a douche? Yes, but people change. I mean, look where Alice came from."
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/4/2011, 2:06 am

"Alice was different, don't even loop her in with that little asshole." Karmy snapped slightly. "He's a spoiled little brat who takes down everyone with his words and actions. He may be the son of Bruce Wayne, but even I cab see that he would screw anybody over to get to the top." she expressed her thoughts wearily.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/4/2011, 2:16 am

"Maybe Nicole will change him. We can't determine the future. An Oracle maybe, but not us." Barbara replied drinking down her tea. "Plus, how can you give Alice a chance when she set you on fire and introduced you to Slade, the hard way? Just give him a chance."
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/4/2011, 2:25 am

"She treated me like a hero, like a human being." Karmy said, resting her head on the table. "He treats me like an animal, and obviously doesn't even consider me to be anything close to a hero. No respect... People like him never.. Change.."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/4/2011, 12:45 pm

"Well I'm not asking you to like him. Just to give him a chance." Barbara told her wiping her eyes, "I mean, there is no doubt he's a complete ass but you know, that doesn't change the way he takes a- sh*t!" Barbara ducked for cover and used Karmy as a shield.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/4/2011, 2:01 pm

"Wha-? Wha's going on?" Karmy panicked as she was pulled out of a dazed sleep. "Why are you hiding?" she turned her head to whisper to Barbara. "What's going on?" she repeated.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/4/2011, 2:06 pm

"Don't turn around.. he might see me." Barbara whispered, hiding her face. Jason Bard and his partner Bobby Bay just walked in and ordered two coffees and several pastries. "Not that I don't like the guy, but he's a little obsessed last I remember." Barbara continued to whisper.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/4/2011, 2:12 pm

"What? Who are you-" When Karmy laid her eyes on Robert, her knees grew weak and she pretty much melted in Barbara's grip. "Oohh.. Him." she giggled and bit her thumb. She hadn't even noticed Bard, hell, the whole entire coffee shop seem to disappear around Robert.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/4/2011, 2:18 pm

"Karmy?"
"Karmy!"
"Barbara?"
"Jason.."
"Barbara!"
"Karmy...."
"Robert its.."
"Karmy!"

The two cops were already sitting down at the already small table. "Good going Karmy." Barbara sneared. "What's that? Hey how are you guys?"
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael 1/4/2011, 2:36 pm

Now 'GG' was a simple man, well as simple as a guy with a genius level intellect could be. He liked to tinker and to toil away over a hot piece of metal, he liked cars and motorcycles and a greasy cheeseburger. But there was one thing he did not like and it was complications, after all he was just a simple man. Now when he made gadgets for super criminals this was a way for him to make some cash on the side, just a little pocket money to go out and buy more supplies, he had been traced back by Batman a few times but in all honesty the gadgets he made had never EVER been successful before. Obviously not because they were faulty or worked improperly, oh no every weapon or gag car or riddle/pie/bird based bomb he had ever made worked 100%. It was just that normally they were thwarted before they had time to work.

So you could imagine his disbelief and discomfort when the one time he happened to turn on the news all of it was wailing about the body count and the terrorist bombing of City Hall, and the death of Mayor Lindel. His coffee cup had literally clunked out of his hand, spilling the piping hot liquid all over his tube socks. How in the world, had that little, incompetent psychopath managed to slip by the Batman and his ward and...Well hell all the other 'millions' of masks who had shown up to get a slice of that bounty Batman had previously been sporting?! How had she even known what to do? She was an idiot! A child playing with guns!

"f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck"

The bearded man scrubbed at his face, thumb and fore finger pressing into his eyes as he bent down to pick up the coffee mug. He should have called the police after she had left, damn! He could have called the police on her WHILE she was there! She would have loved that! The crazy b*tch!

"f*ck"

GG was a simple man, and now his life had become a complication.
Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/4/2011, 6:38 pm

"What did you expect what would happen with your bombs, GG? Used as a display in the criminal's living room?" a voice all that was no doubt originating from the Batman. He has his arms crossed, Robin was next to him looking almost like Batman himself. His eyes narrowed at the trembling man who shrunk at the site of him. "I'm going to ask just once before we start breaking some bones." Batman grunted as he lifted GG off his feet, grasping him by the coat.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/4/2011, 7:12 pm

"Hi Robert!" Karmy waved excitedly at Robert who waved back just as eagerly. Karmy was about to walk over to him when she caught sight of her reflection in the coffee shop window. She looked a wreck! Pale skin from being sick, torn and scorched clothes, no shoes and wet hair. "Oh crap!" now it was her turn to use Barbara as a shield.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael 1/4/2011, 8:00 pm

The bearded man stared through his thick shaded goggles at the Dark Knight, he wasn't exactly scared of the Bat, they had had pleasant meetings before that didn't involve him getting his precious fingers broken, but then again he had NEVER EVER had something like this happen before.

" You know Bats....If you had just stopped her like you always do.....This could have been prevented"

GG sounded bemused, leaning back from the costumed man to try and right himself to his own feet, it wasn't like he was going to run. He tried to smooth down his shirt around the Dark Knights hands, his brows furrowed to show his own agitation, he wasn't any happier then the vigilante was.

" Who would'a thought the brat could pull it off? I gave her recycled explosives and she actually managed to kill the Mayor on your watch!"

The red beard trembled as he laughed, grimacing as he really wanted to get some feet between himself and Batman. Especially since he was sorta rubbing it in that the man had failed to protect the city, it was sort of a day to celebrate, but it wasn't like GG hadn't helped out heroes too! He wasn't a complete and total villain, he was just a lover of the things he made and the money that helped him make them! The laughing died down as GG pulled his goggles up from his eyes, to look the dark vigilante in the face, nothing but distress reading in his lucid eyes.

" She's an idiot Bats, and she just wanted your attention, you spread yourself too thin and missed the one wild card that could really f*ck up this whole city"

GG smiled despite how nervous he was and lowered his hand to place it on the Dark Knight's wrist, tugging slightly to try and silently express he was willing to cooperate 100%. There was really no need for all this threatening.

" You remember that little blonde Bats? I think the fact no one else did is the reason she got this far...."
Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/4/2011, 11:35 pm

Batman released GG and looked at him oddly. He couldn't exactly describe his face, only that he looked somewhat confused and concerned. "Who is this little blonde you're talking about?" Batman interrogated. There were many young blondes he remember once seeing a young blonde for a split second at the theatre where Batman had died, she was with Slade. And speaking of the last Batman, it was probably him who had confronted GG in the past, this was Dick's first encounter as Batman. "Tell me everything you know."

"So Ms. Gordon, how's it been?" Jason asked as she failed to be spotted, held onto Karmy, in a reaction, Bay, awkwardly, thought he must have looked like Slade and checked his breath. "Everything is fine officer Bard." Barbara replied. "Actually its Captain now." Bard corrected. "That and I have a new girlfriend!"
"Oh really? What's his name? Her name?"
"Oh I'm pretty sure you know him. Her!"
"Oh yeah? Who is she? He. I meant she!"
"Uhm.. Well you know her and she might know you. Actually she knows you. But I'm not sure she knows you personally. Actually-"
"Jason.."
"Oh, well my new girlfriend is Alaska Flowers! You know, the news reporter for Gotham City Action News?"
"Oh yeah good for- Karmy get off me!"
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael 1/5/2011, 1:31 am

GG straightened himself up and ran a hand over his hat, a reflex he had taken to during the times he was welding, just to make sure he didn't have any embers burning holes into his favorite head gear. There wasn't much he could say about Mame to the Bat, really he only knew her name and that her money was sh*t...And that she had definitely come from Arkham.

" Mame is what she calls herself, definitely a Arkham escapee, you should have seen her, her face looked like she had taken a car bumper to it"

The Gadget Guru turned away from Dick, walking over to his work stool and plopping down on it before shakily taking out a crumpled pack of cigarettes and offering it to the Dark Knight, he figured the vigilante would say no and shrugged after a few moments of holding it out in favor of snagging one for himself.

" She's a young blonde, super young like I want to say.....Fifteen...maybe younger....She called me up, no idea how she knew my number, asked for a few bombs, specifically ones that she wouldn't need to tinker with, she wanted something easy...Like I said she seemed like an idiot....But who knows, she seemed to have gotten by you....Although that could be luck"

He rambled to himself more then to the Bat before looking over at Robin and shifting uncomfortably, he really never liked these visits, even if for the most part they were rare and unoffensive.

" I don't know what she wanted to do with them only that she wanted them, and she pays for sh*t....Looked like she stole the money, came here covered in blood....I actually got a cop come by here earlier, talking about a bus full of bodies and if I'd seen anyone....I'd say that was her too......"

After he took a breath and a drag from his freshly lit cigarette he continued, taking a moment to calm himself down, sure he was a mostly logic based individual, but sometimes sh*t just scared ya to the point of being unreasonable.

" I don't know where she went, and this song and dance is nice and all but you being here is kinda bad for business.....Tsk look Batman..If I'da known that you wouldn't have stopped her I wouldn't have sold her the bombs...You know how it is with me....Well wait....You wouldn't.....Aw hell I forgot! You're the new Bat.....sh*t listen up, I sell to those masked psycho's knowing they'll self destruct their own plans, you'll figure it out and all my stuff goes to waste, sure that sucks but it pays the bills and puts food on my plate..."
Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/5/2011, 2:17 am

Karmy tried her best to make herself look decent while Robert did the same, both hiding behind either Bard or Barbara. Taking a deep breath, Karmy pushed Barbara away, Robert pushed Bard out of the way and they both took a giant step towards each other. In his rush, Robert's hat was askew, police badge lopsided and his shirt buttoned up incorrectly. Karmy still looked like crap, scorched, torn and bloody shirt and all that what not. But, that didn't really seem to phase either of them as they stood almost toe to toe to each other, hands behind their backs and goofy smiles plastered on their faces. She looked up at him and he looked down at her. They both giggled and said; "Hi there."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/5/2011, 2:57 am

11/20/31
5:40 pm
Sunset/Snowing

That was a lot. Batman tried to process in his head whether or not this man was a villain or an idiot. He wondered more and more what other customers Bruce had dealt with, while he was on his escapades with the Teen Titans. This reminded him of the old days. He remembered coming home with Bruce tired after a long night's work, filled with action, stopping crime in its footsteps, and turning on the television or radio to see all the crimes they missed.

Gotham City was the type of place where you could go outside for a walk and get mugged five consecutive times by five different assailants in the same night. And its happened before. What a town.

Batman wanted to hit something, he wanted to blame GG yet he found out that he was only blaming himself. "Mame." He said looking away from the bearded tech. "I believe I took her down several years ago. She was dangerous but nothing Arkham couldn't handle. Must have escaped back when Poison Ivy broke in to let everyone loose. Then again, that's just a hunch. Know anywhere else we can find her? Places that she hangs out? Where would she most likely be?" Batman asked, looking at the get up GG had. He was going to get him arrested for making homemade explosives later, but for now he needed to be on GG's good side. Robin provided to be the bad cop... Apparently. The way she stood silently in the shadows. Bad vibes. Even to Dick.

-

"Oh thanks Karmy." Barbara muttered getting up from the floor and dusting herself off. "Geez, you two turn into assholes when you get in each other's eyesite." Bard spouted. "Whatever, I'm going to go see how Alice is holding up." Barbara announced, walking briskly out the door of the coffee shop. After all she did for Karmy, she treats her like dirt. See if she's getting anything for Christmas. Anything good at least. Pens maybe. Mismatching socks. A Fall Out Boy Album. Yeah, a Fall Out Boy album.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/5/2011, 1:03 pm

Robert, with all his heart and soul, flipped Bard the bird while never taking his eye's off of Karmy. "Are you ok?" he asked, lowering his arm. "I mean, you were taken hostage by the Joker with your friends.." concern and worry were laced in his words. Karmy sighed and gently took Robert's hands into her own cold and quivering ones. "Yeah, I'll be fine after a while at the hospital. Got one of the best Doctors in Gotham helping Alice and I out. My family and friends are doing just fine last I heard." she hadn't received a text back from either Zero or Cyrah yet.

"You're cold.." Robert said, stroking her cheek with a warm hand. "Very.. Water at 15 degrees will do that to you." she brought her hand up to meet his. "You're tired.." "Very... Seizure's will do that to you." she closed her eye's. She bit her lower lip as he lifted her headband up, revealing her scars. "And you're still beautiful." Robert leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead before moving down to meet her lips.

They held that embrace for as long as they could until Robert's radio crackled a report of the explosions. With great reluctance to do so, he pulled away and looked at Bard. "We gotta go..." he sighed. "I understand." Karmy reached into her bag and pulled out a notepad and pen. She scribbled something and tore it out. "Here's my number." she handed him the paper. "Least we can talk now until we randomly bump each other again." she smiled and ran off after Barbara. As she caught up with her, Karmy slowed down and walked next to her. "Thanks for taking me there, Barbara." she said sheepishly. "And sorry for pushing you..."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael 1/5/2011, 2:04 pm

GG stared long and hard at Batmant, just staring as intently as he could before he took one final drag of his cig and snubbed it into a well loved ash tray on his work bench. Now GG and the old Batman had had a good thing going, the original (or was he?!) had known that GG was always a reliable source of info on villains in Gotham, he would always tattle (and yet they keep coming back) and since he was selling specific items to the masked freaks his information was always a good way for the Bat to deduce the crime that would be commited and how....This Batman didn't look like he understood the whole neccisary evil concept...Aw hell.....

Self Righteous Prick!

" Look I just told you I have no idea where she'd be, all I know is she wants to do sh*t big and loud, she WANTS your attention but she doesn't really play by the old rules, as you can tell...She's not going to announce it's her before she does it....So whatever you're gonna do..Do it fast....I only gave her those three bombs, but if that news about the bus and the assailant who did it is true....She doesn't need bombs to kill a sh*t load of people...."
Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/5/2011, 4:59 pm

11/20/31
6:00 pm (Dark, sun goes down faster in the winter)
20 degrees, snowing

Barbara had her hands in her pockets of warm black jeans, her brown coat tightly wrapped around her body, and a fitted green wool hat, snugly over her head. She was ignoring Karmy for the jerk move she and her boyfriend pulled at the coffee shop, rolling her eyes as she came up to her and kept to herself. They walked silently, their boots crunching on the snow-filled sidewalks. "Y'know what? Whatever. Don't expect anymore favors from me." Barbara finally sneered--though it could have been more her anger saying that--shivering, eyes narrowed and focused on walking back to the hospital. "I'm just going to tell Alice that her suspicions were right about your overly friendly cop." She continued in long strides. It was a little too obvious she was upset with how she was treated.

"You don't think Alice and I talk? Oh yeah we talk about everything, and sh*t like that is probably some of the reasons she thinks that cop is a loser. I didn't believe her at first, but now I know what to do when his face shows up around you. I told you not to look, I told you not to look, what do you do? You look and they spot us. You know how awkward having your ex sitting down next to you in a coffee shop we use to go to is? God... I can't take you anywhere. Now I'm rambling like some bitchy talk show host on the food network." Barbara vented pushing the double doors in and quickly shoving her hands back into her pants pockets, shaking her head.

Jason Bard was sitting in the driver's seat when he noticed his partner walk up to the car. "Five minutes my ass." Jason muttered to him as Bay got into the passenger seat, he was referring to their prior conversation before they hit the coffee shop. "You know I get woozy over Alaska but at least I'm not as ass to you when I'm around her." He said turning the key and driving out to the City Hall Bombing Site. Jason was right, they had been several occasions where Bob, Alaska and himself had been in the same room, other than the zombie episode Gotham recently had, where Jason had always kept his cool. "You can be a dick to me, but you'd better have a better reason than some chick that talks to your second brain." Jason sighed.

-

GG was right. He'd have to act fast and now. By the looks of it, they would have to be more spread out, they needed to contact Barbara for an overview of the city, satellite Overwatch, possible strike locations, any additional information on Mame, he needed it. Fighting style or styles, strength and intelligence level, history/background, everything from what size shoes she wears. And if Barbara was still Barbara she could find out what color underwear she wore... if she wore any. They needed to go on the classical Batman and Robin patrol beside's Barbara's aide as an information broker. "Robin, let's move." He said flatly, turning on his heel and heading to the exit the same place he came from. Before he left, he turned slightly to GG's general direction. "Thank you." He uttered, and they were both gone.

A couple of minutes later, Batman and Robin were standing on a building's rooftop, by a gargoyle. If anyone saw the dynamic duo, the only thing they would see is part of the scenery. He phoned Barbara who had just burst through the hospital doors.

Barbara flipped her phone out to examine it. She looked at Karmy, then her phone, which displayed Batman's alias. She accepted the call without hesitation making her way to Alice's room.

"Sup Pixie Boots?"
"Oracle."
"Oh I'm Oracle now?"
"I need you to be."
"Sure hon, what do you need?"
"Do a background check on codename: Mame."
"I don't have my computer with me but my phone would work just as well I suppose."
"Everything alright? How's Alice?"
"I'm fine, peaches and cream. Alice is depressed, alive but depressed. I'm going in right now."
"Give her my regards."
"I will. I'll get back to you in a bit. Later."
"Cya."

Barbara stoppd at Alice's door. "You coming in?" She asked stuffing her phone in her jacket pocket.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/5/2011, 6:09 pm

"Yeah.. I'm a fucking dumbass in love." Karmy hung her head in shame. "Sorry.. It's all my fault.." she stumbled over to the bed. Laying down, she pulled te blanket over herself and curled up in a fetal position. "Fucking idiot.." she muttere to herself, rolling over so that couldn't see her cry.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/6/2011, 12:08 am

(Okay, like almost 100% of this post is credited to Bloody though it was edited by myself to make it fit with the story. I basically rehashed Mame's Character sheet so I myself can remember who Mame really is. I also believe Mame is the unsung "hero" of this RP and vastly overlooked, so I just want to do justice to the character and have an overview of Mame.)

"Alice will live." Batman said vaguely breaking out a pair of sonar goggles, isolating armed individuals. Not that there was any on his radar. "Robin, patch into my feed, listen to this conversation. Its really important." Batman instructed, if they were going to beat Mame, they would have to know Mame. Waiting on Barbara's call was something Batman couldn't wait any longer.

Barbara ignored Karmy's desperate cry for attention and lit the screen of her phone and turned on her own personal application she designed. It displayed The Oracle's mainframe and gave her access to the world's most powerful database and information sector. She accessed Gotham City's list of all the villains, crooks, and criminals its ever seen. From Professor Pig to Red Hood, Looking at The First Joker down to The Ratcatcher. She searched for the alias "Mame" and found only one result. The Awkward Vassal.

She used the telephone in the hospital to contact Batman after running a diagnostic on the land line to make sure it was clean.

"Oracle to Batman."
"Batman here."
"I've got your Mame. Her name is Auguste McCorvic, age 15. Blonde hair, blue eyes, five feet tall, 110lbs."
"That's her alright. Anything else other than her birth certificate?"
"Mame was taught in the Pradal Serey style of kick boxing which originates in Cambodia. It doesn't include core techniques or a system that emphasizes footwork. Instead, it focuses more on winning a bout. It is well-known for its kicking technique, which generates power from hip rotation rather than snapping the leg, Pradal Serey consists of four types of strikes: punches, kicks, elbows and knee strikes. The clinch is also used to wear down the opponent. Compared to other forms of South Asian kick boxing, Pradal Serey emphasizes more elusive and shifty fighting stances."
"So she can be a slippery one. Going to have to watch her feet."
"Basically."
"Anything else I have to know fighting wise?"
"She has an incredible amount of stamina. She can walk around with one arm and still be ready for a fight. Best thing to do is to tie her down as quickly as possible."
"Any background on Auguste as a person?"
"She has an addiction problem. Not to drugs or alcohol or whatever."
"Then what does she get addicted to?"
"People, sounds, tastes or sensations are usually what she latches onto and she can get caught on these things, seeking out ways to recreate them for the stimulation they bring, when allowed to continue it can spiral into an obsession that can deteriorate her physical well being. She was with Slade for several weeks, Karmy and Cyrah spent some time with her. I assume she was addicted to him."
"Not a healthy addiction."
"Hon, most addictions are."
"So what else is there?"
"Well she has ADD."
"Which villain these days don't?"
"Are you going make all these stupid comments during my briefing?"
"You know me Babs."
"Yeah, yeah, its part of your charm."
"So anything else?"
"Babe, I've got her whole life's story."
"I'd like to hear it. Any background, any tiny detail can be helpful."
"Along with adjustment disorders she has four primary phobias, them being Methyphobia, Athazagoraphobia, Pharmacophobia, and Categlophobia."
"Fear of drinking alcohol, Fear of being forgotten or ignored, Fear of medications and Fear of being ridiculed?"
"You got 'em Pixie Boots, my smartie pants."
"Love ya."
"Oh c'mon you don't know how many hackers have bugged our phones."
"None."
"Right, I made sure of that... I just don't like hearing that around company."
"Anyway, more information on this Auguste?"
"She has a very interesting personality."
"Go on."
"Its length."
"Didn't expect it not to be."
"Auguste's personality could be described as fast paced and relentless, she is hyper happy one moment, then hyper kill you the next. She isn’t so much a homicidal maniacs in Arkham, but more willing to do whatever it takes to further her own wants. She can be very selfish and self centered, struggling with the concept that the world doesn’t revolve around her and things that maker her happy. But she has been known to do good for the sake of some lingering feelings of good and the desire to assist justice. She was never diagnosed with bipolar disorder because her hormones and internal chemicals do not drop to lows and highs, she is simply hyper sensitive to many things and reacts drastically to everything. When asked why she would not take medication for her ailments, which could easily allow her to function like a average individual she would say ‘ I hate how it makes me feel’. No doubt her Pharmacophobia has something to do with that. She has grown addicted to her own way of thinking and gets a buzz alone from her sporadic crazed trains of thought. She has a severe family complex and will thusly name any female or male ‘mommy’ or ‘daddy’ based off of whether or not they make her happy and how long she interacts with them. She also takes a fancy to masochism as pain is very stimulating. My god... Dick, what if.. What if Auguste thought that Slade was her father? And what if he beat her? To you know.."
"Sick world we live in Babs."
"She's a sociopath, extremely resourceful, and implements that in her vast array of fighting experience."
"Damn. Sounds like she's good."
"Dick... You're better."
"You're just saying that."
"No you're better, you beat her before. Just don't underestimate her."
"So how did she end up the way she was? How did she get so messed up Babs?"
"If you're asking for everything you better be sitting down."
"I'd rather stand thank you."
"Alright then. It all started in 2016, Auguste McCorvic was born to Bryant McCorvic--a struggling classical actor--and Ferda McCorvic, a compulsive gambler and alcoholic. Her parents were not only lacking in every positive quality of a parent but her mother also was in deep with the Irish mob. It was a wonder she made it out of babyhood, her mother was very physically abusive to her weaker father and Auguste."
"Looks like her biological father was nothing compared to Slade."
"Obviously, Slade has balls. Right? Anyway, when she reached toddlerhood where she could talk and comprehend others, she was very hyper active and would repeat actions in hopes of.. getting stimulation from it, but she was also quickly bored and would throw tantrums in order to get attention from her parents, negative or positive. She of course was suffering from her ADD and impulse problems, but her parents merely diagnosed it as her being mentally retarded."
"So she is an attention grabber, even at an early age."
"Confirming what I'm saying much?"
"Making sure I do."
"You are. Enjoying the story so far hon?"
"I think I threw up in my mouth but I'll be fine."
Barbara smiled lightly before continuing. The jokes they cracked at each other, they've gotten use to them, but whenever anyone walked in one of their conversation, the would usually laugh at their playful exchange.

"In order to spare themselves her incessant babbling and pestering they would ignore her completely, not making eye contact or giving into her pleas and sometimes destructive behavior. However, when drunk her mother would lose her temper and beat Auguste, only exacerbating the behavioral problems even more so, leading the child to believe that physical pain was connected to attention, and therefore a good thing."
"So should I hit her?"
"Never said don't. Just do enough to take her down. If you bola her legs you could bring her down easily."
"I'll keep that in mind. Please. Continue."
"After awhile Auguste's father managed to tabulate enough money to take his daughter to get diagnosed by a doctor, although it was a cheap unofficial doctor who gave them medications that would ease the child’s symptoms. Instead it made her very ill and numbed her entirely. She hated this and getting her medicated was a fight that usually resulted in beatings, which was confusing for her as she was getting mixed signals, she was getting attention but in a way she did not like, which she couldn’t comprehend."
"All of a sudden, I'm thinking Arkham isn't the place for this kid."
"What do you mean?"
"She needs a more stable environment. Something other than isolation. Go on."

"After an incident where her mother forced the drugs on her and nearly forced Auguste to overdose, her parents gave up the drugs, mostly because they couldn’t afford it and didn’t want the attention if their child died. Auguste was never allowed to attend school and was taught by the television, where she first caught sight of the super criminals of Gotham. Her favorite channel was always the news, her favorite characters, The Joker, Two face and Summer Gleeson. She began concocting a new persona for herself in order to imitate the stimulating sensations she would gain from something as simple as the sight of one of Gotham’s villains. She kept this a secret however, the persona Mame would not surface until much later.

"When she was about 6 years old the mob... Wow this all happened before she was 6 years of age.. The mob had become fed up with her parents’ inability to pay off their debt. They became a liability and the boss of the mob, one Mason O’Feir personally wanted to perform the hit as Ferda used to be one of his girls back in her youth, in his mind she deserved to get off’d by someone a bit better then some random lackey.

"Boss Mason and three of his men arrived at the house and blindsided the family, breaking into their home unannounced and after a quick round with Bryant all three McCorvic’ were restrained and given a nice little pep talk by the boss before he shot and killed Ferda. Mason was not however without mercy and took pity on the distracted babbling child, although he was amused by her lack of concern for her safety and the death of her mother, he found her cooing, irritating. He had her untied and taught her then and there how to shoot a gun, helping her commit her first murder, which was the death of her... Of her father."

A silence, over the line, Barbara had her knuckles up to her teeth, sterile white hospital line phone between her shoulder and ear. She had her eyes squeezed tightly. "Babs... You still there?"
"Yeah I'm here."
"You want to stop?"
"No no, I'll continue."

"After this, the mob cleaned up the scene and Boss Mason took in the mentally unstable child. She was brought up within the large family of the Irish mob. Given a type of rigid structure she had never had before, educated in a foreign form of combat and properly cared for by her new family she soon worked out of her frequent temper tantrums and destructive behavior. Even with the new structure however she was maladjusted and struggled with new people and concepts, clinging to faces she knew and becoming a sort of recluse. She served the mob as a lackey for a long time, working within a select group of members who closely interacted with 'Boss' Mason.

"She was very vocal about wanting to become a costumed criminal and upon turning 14 declared that she would be going into business for herself. Knowing the child, Mason figured it was just a new game to distract the awkward teenager and allowed it without any attempts to stop her. Her loyalty for the family that gave her so much attention was too deep for her to rat them out to the cops if she were caught. Her first crime in Gotham was a failed attempt to rob a bank with a green plastic squirt gun. Auguste forsook her true name and dawned her secret persona, Mame the Mad Maid Mime, which she had gotten inspiration for from one of her fathers’ home movies of his college performance as a mime on the steps of Gotham City hall.

"She attempted to convince the tellers her squirt gun was filled with acid, and that she would kill the first person who tried to call for help. She did not lie, after the security guards apprehended her and one of the tellers called the police she stabbed one of the guards with a fountain pen. You had soon apprehended the situation and sent Auguste to Arkham Asylum and placed in a high security cell where she could not damage others. Gagged and strapped in a straight jacket as she had the bad habit of injuring herself, due to the solitude and lack of stimulation that entailed. She lived in Arkham for a year after being caught, too wrapped up in her own suffering to even attempt to escape, though she would have violent fits and revert to her tantrum throwing whenever she was forced to medicate. The rehabilitation and therapy attempts did not seem to work on her as she did not want to be cured of whatever the doctors thought was wrong with her.

"After the assault and rape attempt on a fellow inmate, she was forced into solitude and was sedated whenever allowed to interact with others. After awhile she became familiar with the structure and faces of Arkham and calmed significantly, behaving more like a person then a caged animal she was allowed to once again return to a less secure cell. Which allowed her to begin her plans of escape, what with the faces surrounding her she was stimulated enough not to be sent into a crazed frenzy, even being allowed to move around her cell without straight jackets or gags.

"Then my dad died and the rest is history." Barbara sighed leaning back in a rolling chair. "Interesting. Thanks for the background check Babs." Batman said standing firmly on a different building. They had been running around to see if Mame would strike. And so far. Nothing.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next