DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Darkest of Knights

+2
Vandal
redeagle321
6 posters

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

The Darkest of Knights - Page 11 Empty Re: The Darkest of Knights

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/6/2011, 12:57 am

Karmy had quieted down after silently cursing herself for being such an asshole to Barbara, after all that she had done for her, and listened to the conversation between her and Batman. They were in the same room and Karmy couldn't help but hear them, though she did try to block them out, but when she heard that Mame was the one responsible for the explosions and killing the Mayor, she strained to hear the story. After the conversation ended, she lay there for a few moments, mulling over some things in her head, and then stood up from under the UV light. She was out of the dangerous stages of hypothermia, now she was just tired and cold. Keeping the hospital blanket around her shoulders, she headed towards the door. "I'll be right back." she muttered when she passed Barbara. "Please.. Don't tell Alice what I did." her eye's flashed a pale green and she left the room, in search of Dr. Leslie.

"I know man.. I'm real sorry." Robert sighed, buckling himself in and crossing his arms. "It's just, I really really like this gal, but I don't get to see her that much. Hell, I'm surprised every time I do get to see her. I guess I'm just kinda jealous of you and Alaska." he admitted glumly. "You get to see her a lot, almost every day in fact. Whenever I do get to see Karmy, I just feel like I gotta do anything and everything I can just to talk to her, to be alone with her. Am I a complete ass for doing what I did back there? Hell's yeah. Do I regret it? Yeah."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/6/2011, 1:26 am

Barbara's anger at Karmy died down after her distraction with Dick and Mame interfered with her initial "rage", so she decided she wouldn't. Just for the sake of Alice. Barbara wanted to get up to help Dick, but someone had to be with Alice.

Leslie was busy trying to resuscitate a patient back to consciousness. He was a bombing victim. "We're losing him!" She shouted at the nurses that were aiding her. "No we're not!" One of the nurses shouted back using the defibrillator on the patient's chest again.

"Yeah well your birdie is famous amongst the cops in Gotham. Just not to me." Jason muttered taking a turn to City Hall. "Why we're coming back here is beyond me. I thought they gave us a break. I mean a good break."
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/6/2011, 1:48 am

"Hey, between you and me, not all the cops in Gotham are exactly 'clean' if you know what I mean." Robert worked with a lot of the officers in the city, but there were very few that he took into consideration. Bard was the one of the more level headed ones and Robert never took him for granted when push came to shove, especially after the whole deal with the crazies. "Man, there's no such thing as a good break.

Karmy had found her way into the Emergency Room of the hospital, the busiest and most hectic place in all hospitals. Death always liked to hang around there and the ICU, that's where always seemed to get his jollies. That jackass... No way in hell could she get some alone time to talk with Dr. Leslie now, and it would be stupid and selfish of her if she even tried to ask. So, turning on her heal, she headed back towards the room.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/6/2011, 1:57 am

"Great you killed him." Leslie said angrily ripping off her surgical mask and throwing it on the floor, storming out, bumping into Karmy's back and making it only about three times as blood than it was before. "Karmy! God, I forgot you were here. What're you doing?"
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/6/2011, 2:09 am

"Holy crap, dead guy blood!" Karmy had a momentary spaz attack and ripped off her tank top in the process, leaving her only wearing her thin black undershirt that only went down halfway to her tummy. Being covered in her own blood or her friends blood didn't really bother her to much, but the blood of the dead scared the hell out of her. Something about having the blood of someone who died, thus being removed from this earth forever, terrified Karmy to a great extent. "Oh I uh.. Nothing, you're busy. Sorry..."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/6/2011, 2:14 am

"Actually after we lost that guy I'm giving myself a break while they can take care of the other ones coming in. But hurry, what did you want to talk about?" Leslie asked taking off her gloves, one after the other.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/6/2011, 2:31 am

Karmy tried to get out of it, but in the end, she would be asking Dr. Leslie the following question, regardless if she had all the time in the world, or just 2 short minutes. "Do you think that murderer could become a hero?"
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael 1/6/2011, 3:36 pm

Wah? What? Oh crap!

Mame jerked upright, a fine powder of snow covering her shivering frame as she looked around groggily, trying to remember where she was. Looking over to the newly ‘fitted’ spotlight it all came back to her, and an embarrassed blush crept over her none painted features (good thing she was wearing a mask). Leave it to her to fall asleep during her own evil scheme.

She snorted and stood up, dusting herself off and trying to rub away the wet that had dampened her costume, stupid snow. She looked to the spot light and then at the straps of cloth fitted to its face in the symbol of her choice, retrieving the crow bar she had swiped she moved towards the large machine and knelt down. It was time.

She turned the heavy thing so it faced into the sky above the city, the dense polluted clouds would be her canvas to project her signal, and it’d show Batman that anything he had done to find her was meaningless, that he only found her because SHE wanted him to. Yeah that’ll teach him! After she grunted and huffed to adjust the spot light she leaned down, still having those post sleep tummy butterflies, she reached down and grabbed her megaphone before snapping the manual power switch into the on position. She let out a happy squeal as the light flashed to life, jetting into the sky before slamming into the thick clouds above and projecting the shape of a man’s genitals into the sky. Shut up! She thought it was funny!

After she stopped looking at her own creation she turned her beaming features down to stare at the workers who ran the fuel tubes, luggage, and all else on the tar mat. They all looked to the active spot light and the figure silhouetted by it. Clicking the megaphone on she pressed the trigger and practically cooed into it.

“You might want to call the police”

((( FFFFFF MERCY!))
Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/6/2011, 4:58 pm

(Oh snap! I totally forgot to add this one line in my post concerning Mame's underpants DX)

Barbara phoned in Batman through her cell once the "signal" was displayed. "Gotham's local air port. About four miles from where you are." Barbara reported to him. "It'll be over before the police show up. Call them anyway." Batman ordered, cuing the batmobile to arrive at their location promptly. "Robin, lets move."
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/6/2011, 6:37 pm

Leslie held her gloves in one hand, then the other, shaking her head in disbelief. "What do you think? Do you still call Alice a hero? She must have killed at least fifteen people." She said sternly, looking at Karmy with her sharp direct eyes.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/6/2011, 7:03 pm

"No no, Alice is more of a hero than I could ever be." Karmy said, staring straight into Dr. Leslie's piercing eye's. "I mean, look at what she just did for us. If that's not heroism, then I just don't wanna know what it is." her eye's flashed to a rainy day gray. "I meant.. Uh.. Someone else who uhm.. Has killed more people than there are in the ER right now. Someone who tried to clean the blood from their hands by attempting to be a hero but failed greatly at it."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/6/2011, 7:13 pm

"Well it all depends sweetie." Leslie said resting a comforting hand on the right shoulder of Karmy. "We're only human. And humans change. Hell I think Bruce even honestly believed that the Joker could change, didn't mean he would though." She put her gloves back on and turned around. "I really have to go now, but if you ask me: I think you're a hero."
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/7/2011, 8:24 am

"Yeah, thank's, Ms. Thompkins." Karmy smiled and waved at her. "I'll see you later, I guess." and she headed back towards the room. She saw that it was dark when she entered, so she quietly stepped in in hopes that Alice was asleep as well as Barbara.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 1/7/2011, 10:13 am

When Zero noticed that Karmy had began to text Sarah now, he decided to just put his phone off to the side and let the two alone in favor of going to check on Ivy. He poped his head in where he had placed her on the bed earlier, still passed out and sleeping quietly. He sat quietly on the edge of the bed where she slept, and gently brushed a lock of her hair out of her face....

Cyrah had passed out where she had sat, so for a while didn't notice the Text Karmy had sent her. she sent a breif 'I'm fine' as a reply. It was a bold face lie, but she still couldn't bring herself to say much to Karmy.....
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/7/2011, 1:55 pm

Not that she didn't want to sleep, not that she didn't want to go out to help Batman, and not that she didn't want Alice to sleep, but Barbara had turned off the light to not only help Alice sleep, but to see the signal Mame had set up. Strange little girl she is. Barbara slightly turned to see the silhouette of Karmy walk in. That or a shape shifter that took the form of Karmy. "Clayface is that you?" Barbara asked closing the blinds of the window."
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/7/2011, 5:40 pm

Karmy quickly sent a quick text to Cyrah; Pft, I can tell you're lying, even through text. Quietly stuffing the phone, she jumped almost a foot in the air when Barbara spoke. "No.. I'm not Clayface. Pretty sure.."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/7/2011, 5:46 pm

"Something Clayface would say, but I'll take my chances." Barbara replied softly. "What did you want to ask Dr. Thompkins?" Barbara asked now fully turning her attention to Karmy instead of the penis in the sky.

Last edited by Vandal on 3/26/2012, 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/7/2011, 5:53 pm

"I'm not, see." Karmy snapped her fingers, revealing a beautiful view of the California coast at sunset, bathing the room in a soft orange glow. "I doubt Clayface can do that." she said and, with a wave of her hand, the portal was gone. "Uhm, it was nothing. Just wanted her opinion on something. So any news on the explosions?"
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/7/2011, 8:44 pm

"Yeah. If you heard me when I was talking with Dick, a young girl named Auguste is out there. She goes by the name Mame. Batman and Robin are on their way to pick her up. Killed a lot of people. Even more than the reports I read on Ben in your Bio. He killed like eighty people, and she killed close several hundred. We even linked a bus load of dead civilians from Metropolis to her." Barbara reported flipping open her phone to go to some forum she was active in. Some random Teen Titan forum. It was weird. But she liked to keep tabs on all the Titans. Beast Boy, Cyborg, Raven, Red Robin... Starfire on the other hand.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/7/2011, 8:48 pm

Karmy stiffened up when Barbara mentioned her bio. "You... you read my bio? The one that uh.. Dick took from Thorn or whatever his name was?" she asked nervously. She was frightened by the fact that Thorn had known so much about her, and knowing that it was the hands of her friends made her blood run cold.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/8/2011, 4:44 am

"Yeah... I read... Your bio. Why?" Barbara asked confused for a minute. "I mean. I have Everyone's bio. Not just the ones Rupurt Thorne stashed away. Karmy, I'm... Well I use to be The Oracle... Wait I can still be Oracle and Batgirl at the same time can I?" Barbara asked contemplating the dual aliases more than considering Karmy's biography. She didn't seem to care all that much about Karmy's biography. Not as much as she cared for any other that is.

"That's right. Take them down if you can." Batman told Robin as they boomed down Gotham's slippery ice encrusted streets.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/8/2011, 4:51 am

"Oh god.." Karmy gripped her head in worry, the blanket around her shoulders falling softly to the floor. "You know everything? Even the stuff at the institute?!" she freaked. Shooting forward, she grabbed Barbara by the collar of her shirt. "You gotta destroy everything on me. Where is it? I'll destroy all the records myself." her eyes flashed to a bright, fiery red in the dark.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/8/2011, 5:03 am

"Whoa whoa, slow down down Karmy! It's all in here." Barbara said pointing at her head. "I have a photographic memory. Plus it's on my files are are incorruptible without the password. I'm not going to do that Karmy." She tols her sternly pushing her off. "Stop being so selfish! Other people might need this in case the situation arises that we have to take you down for your own safety or the safety of others."
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/8/2011, 5:43 am

"No no no its not that! Just please, erase everything from the institution." Karmy fell to her knees, begging Barbara. "You may know what they did to me there, you may have seen all the pictures they took, but," she wrapped her arms close to her body. "You don't know the other side of the record. The receiving side of the scalpel or electrode or needle or anything. If you knew, you'd understand why I want to burn away the past from history."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/8/2011, 6:25 am

"Karmy, don't you understand? I can't." Barbara scolded at her. "Why don't you explain to me what your deal is?" She asked keeping to herself and crossing her arms. If she could get any information she might reconsider, yet again, this was a professional job.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next