DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadow's art

+2
Blitzkrieg
Sierra
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Shadow's art - Page 3 Empty Re: Shadow's art

Post by Sierra 8/22/2009, 4:23 pm

mythica magic wrote:love the angel! You dont have an odd style at all, you have your style. And I like your style, I think the shadings great Smile
xxxxxxxxx keep it up! Draw more!xxxxxxxx
Shadow's art - Page 3 Starfi16
Hehe, thanks Myth. It does need work, of course, I know that, but... well, thanks. XD
Sierra
Sierra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sierra 8/22/2009, 4:29 pm

Positive attitude.... not my most outstanding trait. I'm something of a pessimist. But nevermind that. XD One thing at a time, right? And nah, you don't, you're fine XD
Sierra
Sierra

Back to top Go down

Post by Raevien 8/22/2009, 4:40 pm

Coal_Dragon_Cole wrote:

Oh haha Germany dear, you aren't one to talk. ^^

Are -you-? T_T

Coal_Dragon_Cole wrote:
Have you ever heard of an art critic? They become VERY knowledgeable on art techniques, and by criticizing and commenting on artists' works they apply the techniques they know. I am sharing my artistic knowledge with you. Be grateful, and mind your tongue.

Have you ever heard of manners and ettiquette?

"by criticizing and commenting on artists' works they apply the techniques they know."
Yes, and I'm sure that telling someone everything they do wrong is going to make them better. Especially if you don't back it up with useful advice. Yep. That'll totally work.

Oh yes, Dragon. We're very grateful that you've come here to be rude and spiteful about young artist's work. I haven't seen -one- word of encouragement or actual advice since you got here. Just cut downs. That's it.
Thank you.
Thank you SO MUCH.

Coal_Dragon_Cole wrote:
Of course dear. ^^ You can see "how to draw" videos on youtube, such as "How to draw Raven", or you could go deeper into anatomy and observe Life Sketches. Personally, it is better to learn the fundamentals BEFORE developing a style, so that you may be fluent in more than just 1 style of art.

What's up with calling us "dear"? Do you think we're all little kids or something? Really? Are you trying to demean us?

Fundamentals are important. Yes. I'll agree with you on THAT MUCH.
But, ma'am.
You used the word 'personally'. This means that's what might work better FOR YOU.
And no, I disagree with the 'before' thing. You can already have your own individual style even before doing any sort of studies in the fundamentals. Fundamentals will just improve it, if anything. But you're always going to have your own personal style, whether it's before or after you hit some sort of massive improvement.
I developed my style LONG before I was ever exposed to fundamentals.

And 'ma'am'.
Please don't go around telling people their style is "odd". Because if everyone had a style you liked, well. I'm getting the feeling that would be an extremely boring art-world to live in. xP It's the "odd" styles that stand out and are recognized....
...*cough*PICASSO*cough*
Raevien
Raevien

http://reavien.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WinterRain 8/22/2009, 4:57 pm

nice! i really like it. and do u go on gaia online? i go there too!
WinterRain
WinterRain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Disclaimer
Our DC Comics Fanbase community does not own any copywritten material owned by DC Comics Inc. All rights are reserved to the owners.