DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beast Boy's (Greg Cipes) song for Terra

+23
n8twing
SakuraMamiya
RustleXer
Cylor
Negromancer
Tÿ
Terra
Vandal
Radiance
Raevien
Azrael
dyv1ril
EllaMila1
WinterRain
Riaaanna
~Angel~
Rachel1466
TitansRock123
pentatitans5
thewizardofodd12
Naked Snake
Blitzkrieg
BeastBoysGirl93
27 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Beast Boy's (Greg Cipes) song for Terra - Page 2 Empty Re: Beast Boy's (Greg Cipes) song for Terra

Post by Azrael 10/26/2009, 11:26 am

dyv1ril wrote:Oh my, and everyone immediately started bitching around about the pairings.... Everyone simply can't enjoy the song... Mad
FALCON... PUUUUUUUNCH!

*Falcon Punches*
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Beast Boy's (Greg Cipes) song for Terra - Page 2 Empty Re: Beast Boy's (Greg Cipes) song for Terra

Post by Riaaanna 10/26/2009, 11:34 am

Azrael wrote:
dyv1ril wrote:Oh my, and everyone immediately started bitching around about the pairings.... Everyone simply can't enjoy the song... Mad
FALCON... PUUUUUUUNCH!

*Falcon Punches*

kaBOOM!! :D (yes. Now I know what a Falcon Punch is XD)
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by dyv1ril 10/26/2009, 12:23 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:

oh, sure, you see some people talking and discussing about shippings and you say they're b*tching around.

Together let the light shine... Together let the light shine...
May be i am blind, but the topic says "Beast Boy's (Greg Cipes) song for Terra", not "shipping discussion". And everything started when someone asked a long awaited question "who does he love terra or rae". Oh my, how i tired to see this overused question..... And you think that such crap have a place in this topic? Oh my.... Poor Greg Cipes just wanted to show his respect to a character. I wonder what would he think if he saw this.... By the way, i'm not blaming EVERYONE here, i'm blaming those who started this crap.......

Azrael wrote:
FALCON... PUUUUUUUNCH!

*Falcon Punches*
Sometimes Falcon Punch fails....... Here's an example T_T
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZgUKFCpjIo

dyv1ril

Back to top Go down

Post by Raevien 10/26/2009, 12:37 pm

dyv1ril wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:

oh, sure, you see some people talking and discussing about shippings and you say they're b*tching around.

May be i am blind, but the topic says "Beast Boy's (Greg Cipes) song for Terra", not "shipping discussion". And everything started when someone asked a long awaited question "who does he love terra or rae". Oh my, how i tired to see this overused question..... And you think that such crap have a place in this topic? Oh my.... Poor Greg Cipes just wanted to show his respect to a character. I wonder what would he think if he saw this.... By the way, i'm not blaming EVERYONE here, i'm blaming those who started this crap.......

Meh, excuse me for breaking into this, but, people are going to do that. xP
Not to mention the first pairing post I saw was more of a joke...if you can take jokes. x]

If anyone's overreacting it's you, seriously. I haven't read any of this "shipping crap" on here, people just seem to be stating their sides on the matter...nothing wrong with expression your opinion if it's challenged. And honestly, I doubt Greg would care about a bunch of fangirls chattering about who his character should end up with. I don't know, as a voice actor, I'd find it entertaining....'cause all that would matter to me was which side I was on. x] And, well, unless someone has PROOF that Greg is more for BBxRae or BBxTerra, then, don't put words in his mouth. xP

Face it.
Almost any discussion about BB to Terra or BB to Raven can be turned into a shipping discussion. It's just going to happen *shrug* Because people get that way. And trust me. We're not "witching" about it yet. If you think this is witching about a pairing then, dude. You haven't been to debate boards on the subject. T_T ...they get frickin ugly

dyv1ril wrote:
Azrael wrote:
FALCON... PUUUUUUUNCH!

*Falcon Punches*

>:l Falcon pawnch cannot fail.

The failure happens when Kirby tries to mimic it. Or worse yet. When Donkey Kong does.

AND ALSO.
I can't listen to the song yet 'cause I'm still in school waiting for my afternoon class to start and the school server blocks youtube.
I WANT TO HEAR BB SING, DANGIT >:C
Raevien
Raevien

http://reavien.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dyv1ril 10/26/2009, 1:58 pm

Raevien wrote:
dyv1ril wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:

Meh, excuse me for breaking into this, but, people are going to do that. xP
Not to mention the first pairing post I saw was more of a joke...if you can take jokes. x]

If anyone's overreacting it's you, seriously. I haven't read any of this "shipping crap" on here, people just seem to be stating their sides on the matter...nothing wrong with expression your opinion if it's challenged. And honestly, I doubt Greg would care about a bunch of fangirls chattering about who his character should end up with. I don't know, as a voice actor, I'd find it entertaining....'cause all that would matter to me was which side I was on. x] And, well, unless someone has PROOF that Greg is more for BBxRae or BBxTerra, then, don't put words in his mouth. xP

Face it.
Almost any discussion about BB to Terra or BB to Raven can be turned into a shipping discussion. It's just going to happen *shrug* Because people get that way. And trust me. We're not "witching" about it yet. If you think this is witching about a pairing then, dude. You haven't been to debate boards on the subject. T_T ...they get frickin ugly

dyv1ril wrote:
Azrael wrote:
FALCON... PUUUUUUUNCH!

*Falcon Punches*

>:l Falcon pawnch cannot fail.

The failure happens when Kirby tries to mimic it. Or worse yet. When Donkey Kong does.

AND ALSO.
I can't listen to the song yet 'cause I'm still in school waiting for my afternoon class to start and the school server blocks youtube.
I WANT TO HEAR BB SING, DANGIT >:C
Dude, the only reason i said this, exactly because i saw the ugliest things on boards. And not only on them. DA, fanfiction.net, youtube(oh my) and etc. Sometimes people tired too see shipping "debates". People have their limits. I have too. The first topic i saw on this site when i decided to register contained this.......errrrrrrr.......what's the best way to name it? "shipping"?
And don't worry, i FACED IT a long time ago. Some day you just want to say something. This was that day.
Talking about jokes. Umm....I'm think someone else doesn't understand a jokes too. When i said "Poor Greg Cipes just wanted to show his respect to a character. I wonder what would he think if he saw this...." This was a joke. May be a little too sarcastic....well.....it seems it came out wrong.
Yes, the first ten posts was just "fooling around", but soon began "same old thing".
Wait......i hope you're not seriously thinking, that i imagine Greg Cipes running from board to board in search of what people saying about him.... i'm not THAT crazy.......o_O
"Putting words i his mouth"?!?!?!?!?! Don't be so mean. I never dare to even think about it. I love him too much.

And.
NO WAY! Kirby CAN throw Falcon Punch. Bubble just didn't show his true power yet.
But you right. Monkeys can't throw Falcon Punch. XD Mallah and Grodd are the biggest proof.

*whispers*
I can download video and send it to you......but someone would call me a thief.

dyv1ril

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiance 10/26/2009, 11:12 pm

Terra all the way! Smile sighhh I wish there was some closure to her in the last episode in season 5... "/ grrr why didn't she remember?
Radiance
Radiance

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 10/26/2009, 11:17 pm

ix_radiance_xi wrote:Terra all the way! Smile sighhh I wish there was some closure to her in the last episode in season 5... "/ grrr why didn't she remember?

That my good friend, is something we might never know. There's a buttload of things unsaid, not only of Terra but of Slade as well.. I am dying to know what the deal with that is, so the loyal fans of this site devised a plan to continue the the series via webcomic!
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 10/26/2009, 11:20 pm

ix_radiance_xi wrote:Terra all the way! Smile sighhh I wish there was some closure to her in the last episode in season 5... "/ grrr why didn't she remember?
Well, truthfully that was the closure. It was hinted throughout that episode that she remembered everything, but she wanted to remain in the life she had now. The super gig didn't really work out for her.

Truthfully, it was the best closure the character was probably ever going to get.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 10/26/2009, 11:26 pm

Azrael wrote:
Well, truthfully that was the closure. It was hinted throughout that episode that she remembered everything, but she wanted to remain in the life she had now. The super gig didn't really work out for her.

Truthfully, it was the best closure the character was probably ever going to get.

Well I believe the character can be touched upon, but never be a Titan. Ever.

(You're right that it was hinted, a little too subtly though)
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 10/26/2009, 11:28 pm

Mercy wrote:
Azrael wrote:

Could be? Well, maybe. But I suspect it would be best to leave well enough alone. In truth, despite everything she basically got a happy ending. Things Change pretty definitively wrapped Terra up while giving the character a much better fate.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiance 10/26/2009, 11:34 pm

Azrael wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Azrael wrote:

Could be? Well, maybe. But I suspect it would be best to leave well enough alone. In truth, despite everything she basically got a happy ending. Things Change pretty definitively wrapped Terra up while giving the character a much better fate.

lol sadly, she's my favorite character.. her personality was so funny and cool!
eh I guess... maybe I'm just dreaming, but I wanted her to be with the Titans.
Radiance
Radiance

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 10/26/2009, 11:35 pm

Azrael wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Azrael wrote:

That my good sir, I agree with 100%
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 10/26/2009, 11:39 pm

ix_radiance_xi wrote:eh I guess... maybe I'm just dreaming, but I wanted her to be with the Titans.
Well, I think one of the points of the shows version of Terra was that she really wasn't a fit for that sort of world. She had trouble controlling her powers and they ended up being more of a detriment to her than a benefit. The normal life always seemed the best fit for her; and in the end she got that sort of life. Hence why I said she got a happy ending.

I really don't think the superhero biz was for her.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Raevien 10/26/2009, 11:43 pm

Azrael wrote:
ix_radiance_xi wrote:eh I guess... maybe I'm just dreaming, but I wanted her to be with the Titans.
Well, I think one of the points of the shows version of Terra was that she really wasn't a fit for that sort of world. She had trouble controlling her powers and they ended up being more of a detriment to her than a benefit. The normal life always seemed the best fit for her; and in the end she got that sort of life. Hence why I said she got a happy ending.

It definitely wasn't.

And Snake had some theory that Terra wasn't even there to begin with...that, like, BB was just seeing her or something. I dunno. >.> I remember reading it somewhere. I think it was Snake.

...yeah, I'll shut up now. xD
Raevien
Raevien

http://reavien.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 10/27/2009, 12:08 am

Raevien wrote:
Azrael wrote:

It definitely wasn't.

And Snake had some theory that Terra wasn't even there to begin with...that, like, BB was just seeing her or something. I dunno. >.> I remember reading it somewhere. I think it was Snake.

Actually... That sounds a lot like something that Snake would say...
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/27/2009, 5:18 am

Mercy wrote:
Raevien wrote:
Azrael wrote:

It definitely wasn't.

Actually... That sounds a lot like something that Snake would say...

He said that a long time ago. But I'm pretty sure it was him. XD
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Terra 10/31/2009, 1:52 am

This is so cute!!! :D
Terra
Terra

Back to top Go down

Post by Tÿ 10/31/2009, 10:11 am

you know i found this on beast boy's page on wikipedia

...He also has confessed to an unconscious Raven that he is still in love her & may never stop loving her, no matter what their difficulties are... WTF!?! that freaked the crap outta me
Tÿ
Tÿ

http://www.toonsurfer.110mb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 11/1/2009, 12:43 pm

TeenTitan-x wrote:you know i found this on beast boy's page on wikipedia

...He also has confessed to an unconscious Raven that he is still in love her & may never stop loving her, no matter what their difficulties are... WTF!?! that freaked the crap outta me
Why would that freak you out? Their relationships are different from the show and the comics. They went out and Raven broke up with him I believe.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Terra 11/1/2009, 12:46 pm

Mercy wrote:

Why would that freak you out? Their relationships are different from the show and the comics. They went out and Raven broke up with him I believe.

Wait, the voice actors went out?
Terra
Terra

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 11/1/2009, 7:39 pm

Mercy wrote:

Yes and no. Raven did indeed call it off, but the entire scene was wrought with symbolism. She had recently found out she had brothers from Trigon and had been taken over again. She gave the rest of the group certain implements and asked that should the need arise, they kill her. Gar knocks on the window at her school; the teacher is speaking on Romeo and Juliet. Afterwards, she calls it off, but it's heavily, heavily implied that she didn't want to; you could pretty much assume it was one of those "distancing you to protect you" kind of things.

Actually, it's more than just implied. The writer of the issue, Sean McKeever, told a fan at a convention that he wrote the "break up" as he did because DC still had plans for the two. The thing is, Blackest Night was just over the horizon at the time; it's an event where the deceased important to heroes come back from the grave to torment them and take their hearts. As you can guess, the most prominent deceased person that torments Gar was Terra, the psychotic ex who not only never liked him and tried to kill him, but told him she wanted to puke when she had to kiss him to keep up her ruse.

Gar got over her pretty definitively in the mini - which I posted pages of in the Random News thread - but for that story to happen, Gar had to be... unattached. After all, it wouldn't reflect well on Gar if he were thinking heavily on a dead ex while involved with another, less psychotic girl.

So it's pretty much a matter of time before the two are picked back up; which is good, because I've been waiting about three some odd years for the relationship to go somewhere again.

I'm surprised you weren't aware of the fact that Beast Boy and Raven are pretty much an item in the comics.

Basically, since the start of volume 3 of the Teen Titans comic, Gar and Raven were slowly finding themselves attracted to one another. Contrary to popular belief - a belief fostered by opposing shippers desperate to discredit it - the first seeds of the pairing were planted before or around when the animated series started, so it was Geoff Johns idea and not influenced by the BBxRae shippers of the show that would crop up later. The two kissed in the midst of a crisis, but were put on hold because of the One Year Later gimmick that ran through the line of DC Comic.

They never officially got back together, so the "break-up" wasn't really a break-up. It's been a bit of a dance for recent times while DC figures out the best plan for the franchise.

Terra hasn't been much of a part in Gar's life since Trial of Deathstroke. It only cropped up from time to time, like when Terra II came around and recently hen the lead up to Blackest Night: Titans started. Which is good, because bringing her back would be, frankly, stupid. Especially with Gar now completely over her and a completely unrelated new Terra running around.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Negromancer 11/1/2009, 11:05 pm

Terra wrote:
Mercy wrote:

HAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHA.... NO Suspect
Negromancer
Negromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terra 11/1/2009, 11:21 pm

Negromancer wrote:
Terra wrote:
Mercy wrote:

lol keep in mind I'm clueless about the comics.
Terra
Terra

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiance 11/2/2009, 12:32 am

Terra wrote:
Negromancer wrote:
Terra wrote:
Mercy wrote:

lol keep in mind I'm clueless about the comics.

Yessss another Terra fan!
Radiance
Radiance

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 11/2/2009, 7:52 am

The Professor wrote:
Terra wrote:Wait, the voice actors went out?

Beast Boy's (Greg Cipes) song for Terra - Page 2 Blurb_facepalm2_20090622

No, Beast Boy and Raven. In the comics. You know, the source material for the show?

Now THAT'S what I call... FACEPALM. What a Face
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next