DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Web Comic

+29
JusticeBorn
Terra
Rain
Rinisa
Starfire_02
Eve
FloatingMagikarp
trainergreen
Forza3yeah
Rachel1466
~Angel~
archiesangel
Laughing_Man
Cylor
EllaMila1
Riaaanna
Vandal
j1e3s5
PJA1692
AddyBaby
redeagle321
ravenfan
thewizardofodd12
Sierra
Naked Snake
Raevien
Blitzkrieg
Thecrazykid3649
TheDeceiverGod
33 posters

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down

Teen Titans Web Comic - Page 15 Empty Ladies and Gentlemen- The Cover of the Comic

Post by Vandal 3/10/2010, 10:17 pm

Teen Titans Web Comic - Page 15 TitansCover-1

I have "TITANS" in the font "Steeltongs" on the top right-hand corner. I also have my comic company name in a black box with my logo. If you guys have a comic company name with a logo I'll add it in too.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Teen Titans Web Comic - Page 15 Empty Re: Teen Titans Web Comic

Post by TheDeceiverGod 3/10/2010, 10:37 pm

Colors are definitely more true to the show than mine. Though I do like it, and the ample use of the oakleaf brush is an excellent way to add some texture. I may steal that idea.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 3/10/2010, 10:42 pm

Haha, yeah I noticed how flat my colors were... though I want to try to color some of the panels and see how they turn out >_>

And I also wanted the leaves texture to be sort of an exclusive to make the covers to stand out if you don't mind XP
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 3/11/2010, 1:40 am

I don't mind at all, I was having a bit of a problem figuring out when it would be appropriate.
Think I might use it if we ever do characters shaded by trees though, would be a great way to do the shadows I think... I'd have to play with it.

PS: Try a Vivid Light layer for the Highlights, and I like to apply at least one 7.0 Gaussian Blur to highlights & shadows alike, just to give it that extra fade.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 3/11/2010, 4:11 am

...whoa.
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Laughing_Man 3/11/2010, 6:47 am

Okay, I swear now I'll get that script to you and those notes for Red too!

On the topic of the DA page, me and Mercy have both posted journals, I was thinking that each member of staff could upload one, get more 'intimate' with the community if you know what I mean.

And if we need colourists effect artists etc we could always throw up a journal with a big old 'Help wanted' sign on there :3

On the company logo thing, if DecieverGod is our producer, then he should think of a cool company name for us :3

EDIT:

I just re-decorated the DA page a bit, I moved the static stuff (like our info and the 'coming soon' image) to the bottom, and put our 'newest sumbissions' on top so the page looks more alive. I've also added a journal history below the journal, and moved the journal to the top too. Is that O.k with everyone?

Last edited by Laughing_Man on 3/11/2010, 6:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Laughing_Man
Laughing_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 3/11/2010, 6:55 am

Password? Wink I'm waiting on my mailbox for the script.

...and the password. XD
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Laughing_Man 3/11/2010, 6:56 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:Password? Wink I'm waiting on my mailbox for the script.

...and the password. XD

Oh, I'll send you the password right now! :3 The script comes later today >_>
Laughing_Man
Laughing_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 3/11/2010, 7:04 am

XD okay. And yeah, the DA page looks fine. Smile
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 3/11/2010, 9:41 am

I updated the DA Journal. What a Face
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 5/29/2010, 12:02 pm

Soooooo is this thing still going? o_O
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/29/2010, 1:20 pm

We're actually talking about it in RAD actually.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 5/29/2010, 10:08 pm

Well if I may suggest... Don't take it down. xD We started off good, we have a few scripts up, you did the art, we have our own DA page... Let's not just easily flush things down the toilet. xP
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/29/2010, 10:30 pm

Considering how all my art is basic and such it'll be just fine to keep it. Though we're redoing the scripts.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 5/29/2010, 10:58 pm

Okay... So are we all still in our jobs?
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Laughing_Man 5/30/2010, 9:27 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:Okay... So are we all still in our jobs?

I think the art departments safe, the writing department is probably gonna face quite heavy downsizing ._.
Laughing_Man
Laughing_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 5/30/2010, 9:50 am

Some of us got double jobs, right? Just cut those off so we don't have to go through that much process but still have the whole crew! ._.
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 5/30/2010, 4:08 pm

As of right this moment, as far as I know, I would have to say the new Web Comic plan is in it's infancy. Pretty much the only think I know for a fact we've decided on is that we're going to be using an RP in place of a script. I kinda like this idea better anyway because it insure that all characters remain in character. The downside is that without one central mind guiding the action of the characters there's the potential for catastrophic plot failure.

Now we haven't decided what RP to use. The main objection to most of the more recent ones is the numerous Original Characters, which if they were to included in a Web Comic would cause significant confusion to anyone not from the forum. It's been suggested that to alleviate this we do one of two things. The first idea is that we use the first Role Play here, the one I started way back before it caught on life wild fire, the one that didn't allow Original Characters. The second idea is that we start a new Role Play, one that we can tailor specifically toward web-comic material.

I personally support the second idea, but like with the first web-comic I'm attempt to remain as an outside objective supporter, if my life becomes too chaotic I may not be able to offer regular assistance and I don't want the project to become to reliant on me.

Now in addition to the two ideas as to what RP to use, there are two schools of thought as to where to host a new RP if we desire to use one. As some of you may know I've been filling my free time preparing A Dice-Based Teen Titans Role Play off-site. It was suggested we use that, I think it wouldn't be a bad idea, I've put considerable work into it already, and the Dice element would mean that a greater degree of drama would be included since it's not up to the players whether they succeed at something.

However, one of my personal objections to the idea of using a new RP, or in fact the old Bonanza, is the fact that they would need or do not have a central plot, the basic down to earth storyline that would be sort of the basis of the Web Comic. Something like with Mercy's Darkest Knight or Gotham Raider Rps where the characters are free playing but in reaction to something directly related to Batman, his death or his framing. The Bonanza didn't have that and any new RP started to make a web-comic would likely need one to keep things in prospective. It would also make it easier to distinguish 'Main Characters' from non-main characters.

As you've probably often heard me say Role Plays have no main characters, and having them in a Role Play is cause for great woe. That being said Web Comics do have Main Characters, it would be the job of the script writers in this new format to decide on the Main Characters, focus on their storyline, trim out 'off camera' actions by other characters. Again I've often said that Role Plays don't have Off Camera actions, Web Comics do, deciding what is essential to the baseline story and what doesn't need to be shown, or better yet what is better to be revealed after the fact for the sake of dramatic story telling, would also be the responsibility of the script writers.

Basically the Role Play would be the massive pool of actions and plot for the writers to pick and choose from. They'd pick what they liked, keep it, juice it up and make it even better, maybe taking out a few things that are awkward, irregular or just plain superfluous, then pick the next plot-relevant occurrence and do the same to it, until eventually we have a nice thick juicy meaty story to turn into a web comic.

Incidentally I'd probably suggest 3 version of the web-comic story, the basic RP generated by the posts of the players, the revised condensed version edited and adjusted by the writers, and then the final script version using the panel by panel format I generated for the first Web Comic. We'd give that to the artists because I think it's much easier to draw from.

There's some concern about using an RP that hasn't finished, or having to wait for it to finish. (in the case of starting a new one) but due to this multistage editing system I think the writers would be plenty busy and would probably end up well behind the Role Players in a matter of days.

Outside thoughts and input are always welcome.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 5/30/2010, 9:54 pm

I agree with the new roleplay one. We can build it towards what we want in the webcomic, even though we have to wait. And I also agree that OCs won't fit in our webcomic.
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Teh Brutus 6/30/2010, 4:16 pm

Hey, it's time for a good introductory post for me into this forum! Razz (even if it has been a month since the last post. Necromancy ftw.)

I was one of those casual fans who decided to join a fan-base instead of waiting around for something to happen. I have always liked webcomics and fan-fictions as an unofficial way of continuing a downed show/series, and was wondering if I could help out with this.

I'm no use when it comes to drawing, but I have written short stories competitively for my school, and have consecutively won 3rd place for two years so far. If you have a place for that, I'm glad to help in any way I can. Smile
Teh Brutus
Teh Brutus

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 8/17/2010, 12:16 am

For those of you who may not already know, the web comic idea is back up an in circulation. Looks like we're thinking of a smaller team this time around, less, more reliable people.

Word is Mercy is still up to be the Main Artist, and I guess I'm going to be the Primary Author, but I'd still like an editor. Now this is not to say that anything will be happening anytime soon. I hear Mercy is having some computer trouble at the moment and as is stands I don't have an idea for a process, let alone an actual work flow for how any of this is going to happen or be communicated between members.

So, let's just say it's a glimmer in it's father's eye at the moment shall we? Razz

Does that mean that Mercy and I are going to have the web comic as our kid?

PS: For anyone interested in web comics This is a great resource.

Last edited by TheDeceiverGod on 8/17/2010, 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post Script)
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 8/17/2010, 9:15 am

Haha! You wish Deceiver.

Though an update on what's happening with my computer:

Apparently, while in the middle of a chatbox discussion, normal Florida Weather was occurring: crappy. It was raining cats and dogs when the storm knocked out my electricity for the 8th time that night and it finally fried my computer. It was a 6-7 year old hand-me-down that had taken on storms bravely and valiantly. There's just too much information on it that I don't have backed up that needs to be saved. It'll take a while, though I'll try to get on my brother's computer every now and then.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teh Brutus 8/17/2010, 5:09 pm

Cool! Keep us posted.
Teh Brutus
Teh Brutus

Back to top Go down