DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Titan Friendship~

+9
Naked Snake
Eve
RustleXer
Riaaanna
Cylor
TheDeceiverGod
FloatingMagikarp
archiesangel
Vandal
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Titan Friendship~ Empty Titan Friendship~

Post by Vandal 10/3/2009, 11:59 pm

Robin and Cyborg have a friendship that is rather noticable in the Titans series, so does Beast Boy and Cyborg. They seem like good friends and you can tell. There has been episodes where Raven and Starfire build their friendships with Cyborg as well.

Robin and Starfire also have an obvious relationship. Starfire and Raven have the girl to girl friendship, and Starfire and Beast Boy had an episode establishing a good friendship between one another.

Robin and Raven has a relationship that's subtle but there. You can see it especially coming out in the episode "The End" Raven and Beast Boy has an obvious but strange friendship in the show.

Robin and Beast Boy.. Well they're on the same team but they don't even seem like friends. Yes they converse with each other but only as fellow team mates. I believe we should explore how a friendship between the characters would look like as well as build upon the friendships that were established but not explored very well in our future comics.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Titan Friendship~ Empty Re: Titan Friendship~

Post by archiesangel 10/4/2009, 8:06 am

Mercy wrote:Robin and Cyborg have a friendship that is rather noticable in the Titans series, so does Beast Boy and Cyborg. They seem like good friends and you can tell. There has been episodes where Raven and Starfire build their friendships with Cyborg as well.

Robin and Starfire also have an obvious relationship. Starfire and Raven have the girl to girl friendship, and Starfire and Beast Boy had an episode establishing a good friendship between one another.

Robin and Raven has a relationship that's subtle but there. You can see it especially coming out in the episode "The End" Raven and Beast Boy has an obvious but strange friendship in the show.

Robin and Beast Boy.. Well they're on the same team but they don't even seem like friends. Yes they converse with each other but only as fellow team mates. I believe we should explore how a friendship between the characters would look like as well as build upon the friendships that were established but not explored very well in our future comics.

agreed ^
archiesangel
archiesangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 10/4/2009, 3:12 pm

Really, guys. The Teen Titan friendships are really important to our webcomic!
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FloatingMagikarp 10/4/2009, 3:50 pm

Mercy wrote:Really, guys. The Teen Titan friendships are really important to our webcomic!
er, here's what you wrote mercy: "I believe we should explore how a friendship between the characters would look like as well as build upon the friendships that were established but not explored very well in our future comics."

-before that, you practically explained the whole thing to us o.o
lol. but if it's alright, can you ask your question in a straightforward manner? ^^;
because i can't think of any better way to put the Titan friendships as the way
you explained it >.<;
FloatingMagikarp
FloatingMagikarp

Location : right here on the forums. and over there on youtube. dropping by on deviantart. *yawn* time for bed~

https://www.youtube.com/user/FloatingMagikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 10/4/2009, 4:12 pm

FloatingMagikarp wrote:
Mercy wrote:Really, guys. The Teen Titan friendships are really important to our webcomic!
er, here's what you wrote mercy: "I believe we should explore how a friendship between the characters would look like as well as build upon the friendships that were established but not explored very well in our future comics."

lol. but if it's alright, can you ask your question in a straightforward manner? ^^;
you explained it >.<;

._. wow i tend to make no sense whatsoever don't I?

Like in our stories the writers write, we should create dialog or even entire issues of webcomics focused on the relationship between two or more characters.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FloatingMagikarp 10/4/2009, 4:16 pm

Mercy wrote:
FloatingMagikarp wrote:

you explained it >.<;

._. wow i tend to make no sense whatsoever don't I?

Like in our stories the writers write, we should create dialog or even entire issues of webcomics focused on the relationship between two or more characters.
oh, i see.
hmm.... then who would you like to focus on first?
we should probably do the character relationships one by one
to make things less confusing and to stay more organized.
anyways, yeah, why don't you pick? ^^

(lol and no worries. i dont really make sense myself sometimes either ._. )
FloatingMagikarp
FloatingMagikarp

Location : right here on the forums. and over there on youtube. dropping by on deviantart. *yawn* time for bed~

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 10/4/2009, 6:55 pm

Well in the one episode with Thunder and Lightning, a relationship was built upon Beast Boy and Starfire but never explored.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FloatingMagikarp 10/4/2009, 6:58 pm

Mercy wrote:Well in the one episode with Thunder and Lightning, a relationship was built upon Beast Boy and Starfire but never explored.
oh, i remember that episode o.o
though unfortunately i can't recall all the details >.<
the vague facts that i do remember though are that
both got in an argument, then made up >_>

eh, i'll re-watch it sometime just for you lol ^^; o.o
*is now tempted to get TT dvd box set for birthday ><*
FloatingMagikarp
FloatingMagikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 10/4/2009, 7:02 pm

FloatingMagikarp wrote:
Mercy wrote:Well in the one episode with Thunder and Lightning, a relationship was built upon Beast Boy and Starfire but never explored.

i need those...

Yeah I mean like Beast Boy has this technique in the episode which he calls "The Face" and it shows he must have done it before.

Last edited by Mercy on 10/4/2009, 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot to dot my "T"s and cross my "I"s)
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FloatingMagikarp 10/4/2009, 7:12 pm

Mercy wrote:
FloatingMagikarp wrote:

i need those...

Yeah I mean like Beast Boy has this technique in the episode which he calls "The Face" and it shows he must have done it before.
ohh the "Face". now THAT i do remember! :D
there is no way i can forget his "Face" seeing that i like
cats so much lol XD i remember him telling star that she would
always laugh or smile when he did the "Face", but during
the temporary break in their relationship during that episode,
she ignored it completely.

after seeing how sad he was and how serious he was with his apology,
she finally forgave him and i think he jumped up to her and licked her or something (in cute cat
form that is >_> owo ) and yup, that patched up their relationship Smile

.....though i still need to re-watch the episode... ._.
FloatingMagikarp
FloatingMagikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 10/5/2009, 2:00 pm

Ahem.

Beast Boy is easily the most 'normal' of the Titans, not in the sense of fitting into society most easily, but he and Starfire are the only ones who has never experienced the cultural shock of being considered a freak by 'normal' humans. Beast Boy's was raised either by his parents, responsible for his uniqueness, or the Doom Patrol a group of heroes who are each in their own right 'freaks.' The result is that Beast Boy has a very high tolerance for strangeness before he becomes concerned, note when he first encountered Cyborg while Cyborg was used to people becoming scared of him upon his revealing of his prosthetic Beast Boy simply thought they were cool.

Conversely Robin is the most physically normal of the Titans, he has no special abilities to speak of and for all intensive purposes if he removed his mask he could be just a normal teen any time he wanted to. Robin is virtually the only Titan to have that ability, and because of this it is likely that he is the only one of the Titans who never 'dreams' of being 'normal.' Unlike Cyborg, Beast Boy, Raven, or Starfire, Robin is normal, he only continues to combat evil out of a personal drive to do so. That drive can sometimes get the better of him, and it is clear that when it does his repressed feelings that the others aren't trying as hard as he is come to light. Robin despite being the team leader, is faced with the ultimate reality that he is the weakest member of his team, and as such he strives all the harder to never let them down, knowing that they, who are stronger than him, look to him for leadership.

Cyborg's only real desire is to be normal, that placed out of reach he joined the Titans more out of reflex than anything else. He was never a hero before, and unlike Beast Boy he is all too aware of how the world could treat him were he to leave the Titans and take to his own means again. It is likely that he predominately remains with the Titans because, like Beast Boy and the Doom Patrol, they are a place where he, an otherwise outcast of society, can be 'normal' and do some good while he's at it.

Raven was born into the world for the soul purpose of destroying it, and she's known this sense her youth. This gave her an incredible feeling of guilt, and she stove to use her powers, which for all intensive purposes can be assumed to only exist to insure she lives to destroy the world, for good. However her powers are incredibly difficult to control, and it is important to note that whenever she represses and emotion, it acts out until she bring it under control. This is contrary to the belief that she has to suppress all her emotions in order to remain collected. Her's is a stoic existence lived in a continued state of apathy, despite all her actions she knows that her presence ultimately endangers the world, and everyone she's around. For this reason she deliberately neglected to make connections until she met the Titans, and she is still rather rusty at the art of social interaction.

Starfire was born on a warrior world, second child of a monarchy, her people do not even possess a word for 'nice' and by her own statement their closest connection to the concept is 'weak.' This would make the idea of kindness for kindness's sake very alien to her, and though she is seen to be a vibrantly cheerful sole it is entirely possible that if enraged her fury would match or exceed that of her sister. It is however mentioned that in order to use her powers she, like Raven, must control her emotions, however unlike Raven Starfire's powers are not fueled by emotion but rather precipitated by them. 'Righteous fury' 'boundless confidence' and 'unbridled joy' powering her three basic abilities, this would imply that Starfire, and her people in general, are absolutely confident in each of their actions and it has been shown that when she becomes the least bit doubtful her powers are locked, this would mean that her powers are greatly rooted in her world view, and that she is able to make assumptions purely upon the moment, and then act as though those are founded in stone.

Starfire's attraction to Robin is plain to see, and it is likely rooted in the fact that, like herself, Robin acts as if his assumptions are absolute. However Robin does so only because he neglects to make any assumption until he has gathered proper evidence to support it, in this Starfire supports him, however unlike Starfire Robin lives in mortal fear of making the wrong assumption. It is likely that Starfire, and her species, have evolved some sort of philosophy against looking back, as absence of doubt is central to the function of their abilities. Robin however is plagued by the past, not only of his family's tragic death, but the events thereafter where he was trained to combat the forces of evil. This duality is essentially the basis for their relationship, Robin enjoys that Starfire never looks back, and with her at his side he is able to let the past lie as well.

Beast Boy and Cyborg are best friends out of simplicity. Cyborg wants nothing more than to be treated as though he were anyone else, and Beast Boy does not see any reason to do otherwise. The two formed near an instant bond out of this and it is likely that Cyborg regards Beast Boy as his best friend, or at very least will always remember him as the first person not to cringe away upon sight of him.

Beast Boy's neglect to see differences raises trouble among the other Titans however. Starfire is very aware that she is different, and when Beast Boy neglects to recognize that, and attempts to play off an honest mistake as a humor, Starfire is unable to read between the lines and the event evolves into a spat between the two, ending only when Beast Boy comes clean and admits his truer feelings about the accident. Raven on the other hand is, like Cyborg, likely used to people cringing away upon knowledge of what she really is, and it is that secrecy that first upsets Beast Boy, who sees no reason to see Raven as anything more than a strange girl he's sharing a building with. The end result is that when Raven is brought to reveal something of her self, likely for the first time in a very long time, Beast Boy, as per his nature, does nothing and simply treats her as though he would anyone else.

It is likely that this shared feeling of being an 'outsider' is what bonds Raven and Cyborg, upon their first meeting she expresses feelings of not fitting in, and Cyborg points out the unique qualities of each of them, stating she fits in fine. Later when Cyborg attempts for an ounce of normality, building and showing off his own car, Raven is the only one to comfort him, likely out of an equal desire for some place, or social group, to belong. It is likely that it is out of a similar desire that Raven identifies herself with the 'goth' movement, even though her personal troubles would likely far out rank those of any 'normal' teen.

And it is these past troubles that bond Raven and Robin, both have pasts which they would rather not speak of, and though Robin identifies that Raven's is something he could never fathom, they are both orphans of a sort, and have both been, to a degree, raised to be what they are. Robin however has the firm belief that people can change their nature, this belief being not only what split him from his previous partner, but what bonds him to Raven. No matter how dark her nature may be, Robin counts her as a friend, and believes that that she wants to change, as he does. That coupled with the fact that they two of them are the most objective of the team, they have a some what paternal bond. Robin plays the 'father' of the team, while Raven plays the mother, an awkward arrangement to be sure, but one that functions none the less. Raven having to watch her own emotions, is easily capable of discerning the source of others feelings, couple with her empathic abilities she reminds Robin not to shut his heart away, and that if he is going to lead the team, he needs to do so with just as much emotion as reason, while Robin ever objective and calm, acts as the guiding influence for Raven in her times of need, he anchors her, while she reminds him to feel.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cylor 10/6/2009, 8:55 am

That is an interesting analysis.
Cylor
Cylor

http://sincronos.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 10/7/2009, 4:34 pm

Interesting to say the least..
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/7/2009, 6:39 pm

I always LOVE RobRae friendship stuff. They are awesome. :D
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by RustleXer 10/10/2009, 1:38 am

Mercy wrote:Robin and Cyborg have a friendship that is rather noticable in the Titans series, so does Beast Boy and Cyborg. They seem like good friends and you can tell. There has been episodes where Raven and Starfire build their friendships with Cyborg as well.

with the robin and beast boy, the relationship will soon develop Smile just takes time.
RustleXer
RustleXer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 10/10/2009, 2:00 am

Huh..? What do you mean?
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/10/2009, 2:08 am

Yeah.. Got me confused there, pal.
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by RustleXer 10/10/2009, 2:21 am

yeah i think i accidently missunderstood the statement and just wrote and idiotic reply. my bad Smile just ignore what i said before.
RustleXer
RustleXer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 10/10/2009, 2:28 am

So... You wanna say something now XD
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/10/2009, 2:53 am

RustleXer wrote:yeah i think i accidently missunderstood the statement and just wrote and idiotic reply. my bad Smile just ignore what i said before.

lol it's ok dude
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by RustleXer 10/10/2009, 3:01 am

Mercy wrote:So... You wanna say something now XD

haha, nah i think i'm gonna keep quiet and keep my mouth shut for this topic Smile
RustleXer
RustleXer

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/10/2009, 3:11 am

RustleXer wrote:

haha, nah i think i'm gonna keep quiet and keep my mouth shut for this topic Smile

XD okay, but keep in mind that you're always welcome to speak your opinion. Smile
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by RustleXer 10/10/2009, 3:27 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:
RustleXer wrote:

XD okay, but keep in mind that you're always welcome to speak your opinion. Smile

haha, cool thanks for that.
RustleXer
RustleXer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eve 10/10/2009, 12:18 pm

He obviously meant Robin and Beast Boy are gonna be gettin' it on soon......no?
Eve
Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 10/10/2009, 12:24 pm

Eve wrote:He obviously meant Robin and Beast Boy are gonna be gettin' it on soon......no?

What, they weren't already?
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next